Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: For or against facebook
For 27 18.49%
Against 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
unify

Talking FOR or AGAINST - FACEBOOK?

I have recently deleted my Facebook account as I feel that it is a tool of enslavement that is paving the way for an Orwellian world. It’s a time vampire, which fills in your life with meaningless irrelevancies until you become as shallow as a puddle! As I can gather, Facebook seems to be the best way to facilitate the removal of many of our rights of privacy.

I challenge people who have Facebook to come to their senses and delete their account.

Please post if you are FOR or AGAINST Facebook and please give me your reasons why. And for all the people who had/have Facebook, please post if this thread has made you delete your account or made you even consider deleting it. Thanks for your posts in advance

The videos below will give you an insight into some of the reasons why I chose to delete my account.

Old 27-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
uncleruthless

I deleted my account at fb a month ago for the same reasons as you

facebook sucks
uncleruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
stagger

I think you are probably preaching to the choir here, but good on you for deleting your account. is the latest in a string of reasons to do exactly that...
stagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
plam
Banned

Any website could potentially be a time vampire.
Including this one here.

There's only one universal rule:
EVERYTHING'S WRONG!
plam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
demaris

I use FB to keep a photo journal that my friends and family can view as I live away from them at the moment. Its locked down, I know EVERYONE on my friends list and I only post things important to the people who see it. There is nothing on my page that I wouldn't want people to see in RL.

I guess its not the application-its the way you use the space provided. Same with myspace, bebo, twitter, blog accounts and all the other social sites, they can be abused or used for something specific.

So yeah, I have no angst against it, the danger comes from the way its used, as with anything on the internet.
demaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger View Post
I think you are probably preaching to the choir here, but good on you for deleting your account. Here is the latest in a string of reasons to do exactly that...
It's advertisements and technology like this that are making young people think it's cool to throw away their privacy. Good post stagger!
Old 27-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
kingldub

i don't think it's just limited to Facebook unfortunately.
kingldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
is this reality

I don't use it period.

If the massive solar flare that is supposedly going to hit earth end of 2012, start of 2013 then it's not gonna matter either way. No more Facebook, no more anything?
is this reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
bendelapidate
Inactive

Deleted my account after allowing a time to evaluate and confirm for me its insidiousness. The whole point of facebook is to be a data harvesting service for corporate pigs and as a surveillance network for any busy body or government agency who wants to snoop on you and me. Give it up if you are using it, it's a total abomination.
bendelapidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
joya

AGAINST fer sure

Deleted my account well over a year ago. It's kind of a no-brainer.

Facebook is a tool for enslavement and surveillance. I do not want to contribute to the increasing police state of the country I currently live in. I do not want to feed into the virtual-reality that so many are addicted to. It is like people willingly give away their information, as well as their experience of being present in the moment when they focus on capturing an image / video / etc. rather then just freaking enjoying the moment! Facebook supports self-image construction and ego glorification, while replacing and devaluing real human connection with self-importance and illusion.

It astounds me the number of people who "know better" yet make excuses.

People says it is neither good nor bad, only how you use it -- but there are other ways to communicate, connect and share that DO NOT play into the Facebook agenda (for lack of a better term.)

And while we're at it, f*ck Google too. There are alternative search engines. Google is not a verb. Choose another search engine!!!
joya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
lcp.
Banned

Facbook this Facebook that..Credit cards are equal in giving them info. What you buy, where you buy it etc. Mobile phone can be used to follow your movements , texts emails etc. It's easy for people to have a Facebook "eureka" moment, after watching a video on You Tube which is equally if not more liable to give anyone who wants to know info on your likes, prefernces and political stance.
lcp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
h2pogo
Inactive

I deleted mine the other day too..I never used it any way..But i am sure they can profile us what ever we do but why make it easy for them.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
openeyed

never had a personal one and never will, I do have a business one though which brings in a steady flow of traffic to my website. If you work and earn money off the web then social marketing is a necessity.
openeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
bendelapidate
Inactive

The other point about facebook is that it makes stasi style surveillance accessible to local government employees other officials. This bar to entry for spying on somebody was lowered by an order of magnitude.

There was a mainstream documentary called "track me if you can". It mentions all the important things to be aware of. The most interesting and easy to make tool is a baseball cap with small infrared lights on it. This dazzles most IR cameras quite effectively. Youtube had the entire documentary a few weeks ago but it's since been deleted.

Playlist here:

http://cool3net.com/video/6UX4M46D56...el-Documentary

http://cool3net.com/video/O8DAS749WX...el-Documentary

http://cool3net.com/video/9XAO6N7OK3...covery-Channel
bendelapidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #15
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo
I deleted mine the other day too..I never used it any way..But i am sure they can profile us what ever we do but why make it easy for them.
Exactly...... Why sign up on that garbage??
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
terrorworld

Friendica looks like a quite good alternative.
There's a trial version available for around a week, too.
Old 27-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
kiwimaj
Inactive

I just deactivated my fb account today, giving it a week, see how I feel, then if I feel just as 'free'd up' from an addiction as I do, then will delete permanently...but thanks for the good posts with regards to people's views on it!

Been thinking and analysing fb of late and it really is one massive form of addiction! OMG,what did we do BEFORE fb was around?? Hmmm...let me see...spoke to people on the phone...emailed...spoke to people on the phone..emailed...oh and the old favourite..MET IN PERSON!!

I too got carried away with it all, now after a few years and a good year at least of questioning the whole thing, these are my observations on fb..

It is one massive ego platform that has allowed, thru the back door....
....One massive legalised spying tool !
It is dividing people and potential friendships
For a person that is an animal lover, way too many shots of animal abuse that make me sick!
People thinking that their 'friends' on fb are actual...friends...
kiwimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #18
trappedinameatsuit

deleting it won't do shit, it's still stored in archives somewhere. Everything you had on it is all there if you go to sign into your account even after it was closed. Best to change e-mail registered to it, use a random letter email and password then forget them so you can't ever sign back in. Before all that delete all your shit off of your facebook and then close the account.

I think people are only comfortable with deleting because they know they can sign back in at any time with so called closed account and everything will be there as if it were never deleted. It's just a phase, people will crawl back to facebook so no worries.

So use my method, delete shit off fb first; friends/family, pics, d.o.b., any text you entered, favorite movies/music, personal details, etc., etc.. change the email and create a random letter/number password for that e-mail, change pass to fb account to random numbers/letters, and then close the account and forget the passwords, don't write them down. I'm proud to say I've never had a personal zuckerbook account but am guilty of myspace which is deleted.
trappedinameatsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #19
jesuschristantichrist

Location: 13 Lloyd Town Rd, Apartment 1118, Calafornia, Nova Scota, G0F U5F Buzzer Number 1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by unify View Post
I have recently deleted my Facebook account as I feel that it is a tool of enslavement that is paving the way for an Orwellian world. It’s a time vampire, which fills in your life with meaningless irrelevancies until you become as shallow as a puddle! As I can gather, Facebook seems to be the best way to facilitate the removal of many of our rights of privacy.

I challenge people who have Facebook to come to their senses and delete their account.

Please post if you are FOR or AGAINST Facebook and please give me your reasons why. And for all the people who had/have Facebook, please post if this thread has made you delete your account or made you even consider deleting it. Thanks for your posts in advance

The videos below will give you an insight into some of the reasons why I chose to delete my account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEQm...layer_embedded

Beware Facebook cia dod department of defence darpa iao information awareness office - YouTube
Use your weakness as your strength, use your enemy to defeat your enemy and use facebook - don't let it use you

I only use facebook to connect with the unawakened and try to help awaken them.

But your right Facebook is a tool...pardon the pun.
jesuschristantichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #20
crowd control
Inactive

Yes, there is the argument for using it against them by pumping out truth on it.

Use the enemy's hand to catch a snake and all that :•)

Although, expect any post containing any semblance of truth or that which requires any degree of thought to fall ignored down that news feed, whilst some inane "can't decide what to wear" status gets bombarded with comments and likes.

We truly are pissing against the wind on there my friends.

Last edited by crowd control; 28-08-2012 at 12:36 AM.
crowd control is offline   Reply With Quote