Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 04:01 AM   #21
gordonfreeman

I already added a introduction thread of me.
So I will introduce myself again.

*ahem*

Greetings everyone! I'm new. I have been a lurker for this forum for a long time and I could have joined earlier. But I was kind of shy, so I joined. I will get to know of most of you guys. I am a Half-Life fan, Furry fan, and half-awakened.
gordonfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 AM   #22
tonto o_reilly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby View Post
**peeks around side of board**

Hello everybody. Nice place. Load of exciting stuff too, at first glance.

And why are you peeking

welcome to the forum baby, enjoy!

Last edited by tonto o_reilly; 10-04-2007 at 05:03 AM. Reason: shite spelling
tonto o_reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #23
tonto o_reilly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonfreeman View Post

*ahem*

Greetings everyone! I'm new. I have been a lurker for this forum for a long time and I could have joined earlier. But I was kind of shy, so I joined. I will get to know of most of you guys. I am a Half-Life fan, Furry fan, and half-awakened.
hi Gordo!!

Don't be shy
Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #24
timestop24

New here also. Been reading Icke on and off since 2000, since I was 17.
Been an agnostic that long also.
Hope to stay long term.
timestop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #25
tonto o_reilly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by timestop24 View Post
New here also. Been reading Icke on and off since 2000, since I was 17.
Been an agnostic that long also.
Hope to stay long term.

Hi ya timestop
great to have you here
Old 10-04-2007, 05:35 AM   #26
cleft_asunder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocracy View Post
As a newbie, I do have one quick question I'd like to ask: In reading David's books, I've noticed the change from his original message that we are here for our "spiritual evolution" to the current assertion that we are "infinite consciousness," which has nothing to learn or evolve into.

Both of these ideas seem logical to me, but if the latter is true, why the heck have we all chosen to experience this illusion? Or in other words: What's the meaning of life?
It's very good that you notice this, and I'll make the explanation quick. When Icke first started writing, he was trying to find the truth just like us. He had to go through many falsehoods and many halftruths to find the ultimate answers. His books are essentially his path through knowledge. A lot of it is true, while some of it he's changed his mind on. The example you bring up is perfect. He still believes that as souls we are here to evolve.

But he discovered that our soul is just another nutshell or spacesuit like our bodies, and it isn't the real us. It is merely another shell that entraps who we really are, spirit or conciousness, or God if you will. So while on one level it's true that we need to evolve as souls, on the highest level evolution is bollocks and this universe or multiverse (Matrix) is nothing but a nightmare videogame that creates the illusion of progress, while in reality it is a hampsters treadmill going nowhere. Above all we are one infinite conciousness that doesn't need to evolve, and we are experiencing it's own nightmare. The Matrix can be said to be a nightmare of God.
cleft_asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #27
cleft_asunder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new too, signed up just after the forum started but wasn't brave enough to post much. No more lurking for me now
Howdy.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 AM   #28
limelady
Inactive

Wow, you're coming out of the woodwork thick and fast now!!!!

BIG hello to baby, gordonfreeman, and timestop24.

Come on all you others I can still see lurking in the shadows.....

....LETS BE HAVING YOU OUT HERE!!!
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 AM   #29
cleft_asunder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho1ogram View Post
The meaning of life? There is none. The mind wants meaning, infinite consciousness knows that just BEING is all there is.
It seems to be true. I don't KNOW it, but that's what all my research seems to be pointing to. Good one.

I hope it's not a bad thing.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 AM   #30
cleft_asunder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonfreeman View Post

*ahem*

Red Orchestra and StarCraft player here. Welcome aboard.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #31
rcrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetfrog View Post
Thx for sharing that picture planetfrog xD
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #32
a fine naked fellow

Quote:
As a newbie, I do have one quick question I'd like to ask: In reading David's books, I've noticed the change from his original message that we are here for our "spiritual evolution" to the current assertion that we are "infinite consciousness," which has nothing to learn or evolve into.

Both of these ideas seem logical to me, but if the latter is true, why the heck have we all chosen to experience this illusion? Or in other words: What's the meaning of life?
I cans answer that. Its both! infinite cause it needs nothing, or need is an illusion.
So it doesn’t have to do anything, it could spend a whole life standing around as a tree and not give a crap. Cos its cool like that.
Or it could play at doing anything it wants to, cos it can do anything.
a fine naked fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #33
freespark

Quote:

It is said that we are conciousness experiencing itself subjectively. So hence in answer to your question 'what is the meaning of life?' i would suggest that the meaning of life is the meaning you give it. We are all where we need to be, we don't have to go anywhere or be anyone but exactly what we are being right now. Why? Because we are all that is and all that is,... is us.

I found some great insights into this by reading a few books called 'Conversations With God' by Neil Donald Walsh. Very good stuff.
You know all that money we spend on the military every year - trillions of dollars? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

- Bill Hicks
freespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #34
nessa felagund
Premier Subscribers

Default Great Thread

Thanks for starting this thread, limelady. Just what we newbies need to start off posting.

I am reading a great deal on the forum rather than posting, but I do enjoy talking to people from different parts of the world. I think that's really cool.

Myself, I hail from the US--Texas specifically.
nessa felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #35
freespark

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa felagund View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, limelady. Just what we newbies need to start off posting.

I am reading a great deal on the forum rather than posting, but I do enjoy talking to people from different parts of the world. I think that's really cool.

Myself, I hail from the US--Texas specifically.
Well hi dere li'l darlin' and welcome!
You know all that money we spend on the military every year - trillions of dollars? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

- Bill Hicks
freespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #36
nessa felagund
Premier Subscribers

Howdy, freespark. Glad to be here.
nessa felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #37
soglad

Welcome all newbies! You'll find this website most welcoming! Also, you'll learn SO much from this forum too!

Again, WELCOME!
soglad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #38
world elite

Hello everyone, i'm new here too but i haven't been hiding i've been busy reading and researching many things.I will start a thread very soon keep watching.

World Elite,
world elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #39
soglad

Hello World Elite!!! I used to browse this forum every now and then for ages without registering, I found registering was one of the best things I have ever done!

Looking forward to your post, welcome!
soglad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #40
lookfar

BIG WELCOME to everyone!! It's good to have ya onboard & hope ya enjoy it here...
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/ http://www.waykiwayki.com/
Dolphins playing in bubble rings
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote