Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Politics / Elections

Old 06-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
oz93666

Default Vote Independent

As said before , independent candidates are the systems worst nightmare, impossible to control, and you can bet they're just ordinary , descent people trying to change things. If out for themselves, they'd be in one of the main parties, or wouldn't bother standing.

Don't think your vote will be wasted, you may stop the candidate losing their deposit. People trying to buck the system deserve all the support they can get.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
islamvslizards

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
As said before , independent candidates are the systems worst nightmare, impossible to control, and you can bet they're just ordinary , descent people trying to change things. If out for themselves, they'd be in one of the main parties, or wouldn't bother standing.

Don't think your vote will be wasted, you may stop the candidate losing their deposit. People trying to buck the system deserve all the support they can get.
my understanding is this

lets say a council has a majority of, for example, conservative councellors. for any big changes, there needs to be a council vote. the conservatives will "block vote" for each other, and if they are a majority then whatever they vote for, will get passed.

if an independent comes along and miraculously manages to be elected as a counselor, he still will need to win votes to get his sweeping changes made....changes that the "career politicians" will never vote for.

so why isnt voting for an independent, a waste of time?

islamvslizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
empath_

I got a flyer through the door from a local independent. His flyer blatantly said that bankers and governments are the real problem. I did think to myself, poor guy isn't going to get anywhere.

If more had direct policies like that, well then I would be voting!
empath_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by empath_ View Post
I got a flyer through the door from a local independent. His flyer blatantly said that bankers and governments are the real problem. I did think to myself, poor guy isn't going to get anywhere.

If more had direct policies like that, well then I would be voting!
So this guy has spent all his time and money, working his but off to try and bring a change that YOU wan't , and you can't be bothered to vote!
You should be out one the streets helping him!

You're a disgrace! deserve everything you get!

He'll probably lose his deposit, think 'what's the point', and won't try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islamvslizards View Post
lets say a council has a majority of, for example, conservative councellors.
so why isnt voting for an independent, a waste of time?
These are parlimentary elections , not local elections for councilors.... I think (I'm not in the UK)

Last edited by oz93666; 06-05-2015 at 08:18 PM.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #5
dragond

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
So this guy has spent all his time and money, working his but off to try and bring a change that YOU wan't , and you can't be bothered to vote!
You should be out one the streets helping him!

You're a disgrace! deserve everything you get!

He'll probably lose his deposit, think 'what's the point', and won't try again.

These are parlimentary elections , not local elections for councilors.... I think (I'm not in the UK)
agreed. Some people eh?

i think in some parts of the UK they are holding local council elections not in my part though. Someone will correct me if im wrong but definetly no council election on my part of London.

D

Last edited by dragond; 07-05-2015 at 08:27 PM.
dragond is offline   Reply With Quote