Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
oioioi
Banned

Default Theresa May says "axe human rights"

Quote:
Mrs May uses an interview with The Sunday Telegraph to warn that the Act is hampering the Home Office’s struggle to deport dangerous foreign criminals and terrorist suspects.

“I’d personally like to see the Human Rights Act go because I think we have had some problems with it,” she says.

The Home Secretary’s words will be cheered by many Conservative MPs as well as Tory ministers across Whitehall.

However, they are likely to be greeted with dismay by leading Liberal Democrats, some of whom have signalled the future of the Coalition would be under threat if any serious action was taken against the Act, which incorporates the European Convention on Human Rights into UK law.

At last month’s Liberal Democrat conference in Birmingham, Nick Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister, was loudly cheered by his party’s activists as he declared: “Let me say something really clear about the Human Rights Act. In fact I’ll do it in words of one syllable: It is here to stay.”
Related Articles

Mrs May says today: “I see it, here in the Home Office, particularly, the sort of problems we have in being unable to deport people who perhaps are terrorist suspects. Obviously we’ve seen it with some foreign criminals who are in the UK.” The Coalition has set up a commission of human rights experts to report on the possibility of bringing in a British Bill of Rights to replace the Act by the end of next year.

Campaigners see the chances of the commission – which will report to Mr Clegg and Ken Clarke, the Justice Secretary – recommending any serious changes as negligible, however. There had been widespread belief that it would not recommend the abolition of the Human Rights Act because of the make-up of the panel, which includes pro-rights lawyers, and the determination of the Liberal Democrats to keep the legislation.

But the force and timing of Mrs May’s comments, just two weeks after Mr Clegg’s declaration, dramatically changes the political landscape.

The Home Office has itself begun a review into the particularly controversial Article 8 of the European Convention, which sets out the right to a “family life” and which campaigners say has been abused by criminals fighting deportation.

Mrs May says: “We’re not standing still on this issue, we are actually looking at what can be done.”

Her position will raise tensions with Mr Clarke, seen as the most Left-leaning Tory in the Cabinet, who said last month: “There isn’t the faintest chance of the present Government withdrawing from the Convention on Human Rights.”

Chris Huhne, the Lib Dem Energy Secretary, has also made clear his party’s outright opposition to scrapping the Human Rights Act.

“If Conservative backbenchers persist in wanting to tear up the European Convention on Human Rights, then I can foresee a time when this party would be extremely uncomfortable in Coalition,” he said.

In one of the highest-profile cases involving convicts and their human rights claims, a failed asylum seeker who killed 12-year-old Amy Houston, from Blackburn, in a road accident, used the law to avoid deportation.

Other shocking examples uncovered by this newspaper include an Iraqi who killed two doctors but successfully argued that it would breach his rights to send him home.

The new human rights row comes as Europe threatens to become a major bugbear for Mr Cameron, who is seeking a smooth ride from his party this week at its annual conference in Manchester.

Activists and MPs will raise a whole host of issues – including the European Arrest Warrants, which are valid in all member states of the EU and saw 1,000 people in Britain last year seized by police on the orders of European prosecutors, a 51 per cent rise in 12 months.

There will also be anger over last week’s threat by the European Commission to take legal action against Britain if ministers do not water down rules limiting foreign nationals’ ability to claim benefits.

Doing so could potentially cost British taxpayers £2 billion.

Mr Cameron is facing pressure from a new Eurosceptic group of MPs, led by Chris Heaton-Harris, George Eustice and Andrea Leadsom, all members of the party’s 2010 general election intake, to recast Britain’s relationship with the EU.

Last night Mr Heaton-Harris backed Mrs May’s call.

He said: “The Act has caused way more damage than good and it is time to stick it in the dustbin.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ights-Act.html
oioioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
duckingdafta

I think it was somewhere on this site, or it may have been Ickey himself that stated these people aren't human so laws like human rights don't exist in their reality
twitter.com/dafta_duck
duckingdafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
son_of_parrot
Banned

There's nothing wrong with Human rights, whats wrong is its now used for the benefit of the filth in society at the cost of their victims.
son_of_parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
pheony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_parrot View Post
There's nothing wrong with Human rights, whats wrong is its now used for the benefit of the filth in society at the cost of their victims.
I agree.
pheony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
cantata
Inactive

Unfortunately, a high number of solicitors and barristers took this Act and made a mockery of it, using it for "freedoms" it was never intended to give: the right of murders to sue their victims or victim's families, for example.

So now, half the people don't know if the Human Rights Act is a good thing or a bad thing.

No wonder May and her fellow sewage-crawlers feel so free to blag on National T.V. the plan to "get rid of human rights".

Last edited by cantata; 02-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.
cantata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
son_of_parrot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantata View Post
So now, half the people don't know if the Human Rights Act is a good thing or a bad thing.
Thats exactly what they want, confusion.

Right becomes wrong, wrong becomes right, you can tell by this forum that some posters havent got a clue whats morally right or wrong anymore.
son_of_parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
spolier
Banned

the only thing that needs a good axeing is teresa mays neck, and the rest of those mass murders in the lab and con parties.
spolier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
pheony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolier View Post
the only thing that needs a good axeing is teresa mays neck, and the rest of those mass murders in the lab and con parties.
Hear, hear.
pheony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
busa

So once Legal Aid has gone SOON.
And then they dump the human rights act.

The police, government or any other authority can do what the hell they like against you as a person and you can do absolutely nothing about it.

There will be no protection for the people at all very soon.

Ghostwolf & the Hopi Elders
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
uberstate
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantata View Post
Unfortunately, a high number of solicitors and barristers took this Act and made a mockery of it, using it for "freedoms" it was never intended to give: the right of murders to sue their victims or victim's families, for example.

No wonder May and her fellow sewage-crawlers feel so free to blag on National T.V. the plan to "get rid of human rights".

I think the human rights should remain but it should not be allowed to be applied to certain issues.
uberstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
duckingdafta

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstate View Post
I think the human rights should remain but it should not be allowed to be applied to certain issues.
I kind of agree with you as in cases where someone has been proved beyond doubt to commit inhumane acts shouldn't be allowed to use human rights as a defence...to me this takes away the human rights of the victim
twitter.com/dafta_duck

Last edited by duckingdafta; 02-10-2011 at 03:44 PM.
duckingdafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
greatdayforfreedom

What do they care about ''human rights'' ? We are mere cattle/stupid eaters to them that don't deserve special rights.
greatdayforfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
lightgiver

Lightbulb Mother

MISS SHEILA KAYE-SMITH, It is perhaps a little melancholy to have to record the fact that a good deal of Miss Kaye-Smith's work is grim. ...amongst others...

she became Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and Shadow Minister for Women before being appointed Home Secretary and the Minister for Women and Equality in David Cameron's Cabinet on 11 May 2010.

May's debut as Home Secretary involved overturning several of the previous Labour government's measures on data collection and surveillance in England and Wales...On 2 June 2010, May faced her first major national security incident as Home Secretary with the Cumbria shootings...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Kaye-Smith

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-10-2011 at 04:25 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
mikey mikey
Banned

Fail and Toryagraph readers just long to move from mobbing at work and secretly binning cats/kicking dogs to cruelty and injustice on humans
mikey mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
jesuitsdidit

Location: reading 'we r entering ice-age' chart in nick clegg's pyramid davidicke.com/ showthread.php?t=115401

i think HRA destroys common-sense and erodes civility in society

i might support it if its accompanied by a Human Duties Act

it cant be all take take take.
- eric jon phelps is king!! and i am now the guardian of Haiti.
jesuitsdidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
mikey mikey
Banned

^
yeah cos the general population just takes so much, eh?
mikey mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
chockimon

The EU human rights act is nothing but a con. If you cannot see this, then you are blind. It's introduction had one purpose and that is to make a complete mockery of British justice and to give the politicians another tool which they can use to completely destroy this country. Now there's one law for Britain and different one for every other EU member.

The title "Human Rights" is designed to give the legislation a warm, cosy feel. And, surely, no-one can oppose "Human Rights". After all, everyone wants people to have human rights!

But it is all a con-trick. A trick designed to lure people into supporting the huge and ever-growing army of officials and politicians that benefit so handsomely from the new European "collective" - at our expense.

Our politicians sold us out. They sold our human rights to an EU institution who has one goal and that is completely and absolutely assimilate us. But before they can do that, they must first destroy us by leaving us all destitute and broke and that is excatly what are these EU laws are designed to do.

The EU has already denied us that most basic of human rights - the right to vote against the EU and to keep our own nation. A majority of us don't want to be in the EU. We are being forced in against our will.

Wake up and smell the coffee - The truth about the EU.
http://eutruth.org.uk/

http://www.angryharry.com/eshumanrightsact.htm

Last edited by chockimon; 06-10-2011 at 10:48 AM.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote