Yep its happening
http://www.neonnettle.com/sphere/172...e-from-october

Last edited by Getagrip; 12-02-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Error in title
thegreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
grandmasterp
Banned

No kids here so no problem.
I never smoke if there's a passenger in with me anyhoo.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
kizzie
Registered Users

I am a ex smoker and feel terrible for smoking in my car with my kids in. Its not until you dont smoke that you realise how horrible it is to be in a confined place with a smoker.

I'm not a rabid ex smoker either. I believe everyone has a right to smoke if they wish.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
white light

However you feel about smoking this is in essence another law that prevents people from thinking for themselves and making their own choices.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
However you feel about smoking this is in essence another law that prevents people from thinking for themselves and making their own choices.

Kids in smoker's cars don't have a choice though.
I'm not one for laws as a rule but this one seems fair enough.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Yeah, I agree with you, but you know the price. People who don't need to think for themselves are kept in ignorance (low vibrational states).
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #7
grannie27

Quote:
No kids here so no problem.
I never smoke if there's a passenger in with me anyhoo.
I have never smoked in the Car ,my son hates the smell ....
grannie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #8
ag3nt5mith

Quote:
I think the point is that it should just be common sense rather than having another law on the books.

I would never have smoked with my kids in the car.
ag3nt5mith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #9
bigpaul
Inactive

they cant even enforce the hand held mobile phone ban in cars so do you really think this has a chance of being upheld? I don't.
bigpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #10
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Even if the windows are down?

Edit..yep thats worst it will let in the pollution from the car in front, how hypocritical of me and anyone that drives a car

Last edited by h2pogo; 12-02-2015 at 06:23 PM.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
mightiswrong
Banned

If you open the window the smoke does not get intense. In anycase the fumes coming in from the car in front are much more toxic like when stuck in traffic so it seems a bit ludicrous really but not something to lose any sleep over.

Last edited by mightiswrong; 12-02-2015 at 06:23 PM.
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #12
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightiswrong View Post
If you open the window the smoke does not get intense. In anycase the fumes coming in from the car in front are much more toxic like when stuck in traffic so it seems a bit ludicrous really but not something to lose any sleep over.
Haha a voice of reason..
Old 12-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #13
scottmurray

yep and next it will state intervention telling us how to behave in bed,i mean if you got a smart tv in your bedroom it will be easy to enforce
scottmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #14
3d_4_now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag3nt5mith View Post
I think the point is that it should just be common sense rather than having another law on the books.

I would never have smoked with my kids in the car.
This.

Aside from which, I don't think I've actually seen anyone smoking with their kids in the car since the 80's. But it's one of those cartoon-like caricatures the masses can easily imagine - some fictional council estate type with 8 kids in the back seat on the way to the dole office. As Chunkymark says, people's prejudices are so close to the skin that it only takes a scratch to expose them. It's easy to imagine this requires legislation but it's certainly not logical. Just another way to stop people thinking for themselves IMO.
3d_4_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #15
3d_4_now

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmurray View Post
yep and next it will state intervention telling us how to behave in bed,i mean if you got a smart tv in your bedroom it will be easy to enforce
Funny you say that...we were discussing at work today the wall-to-wall coverage/free advertising of 50 Shades of Grey on literally every media outlet and the possible outcomes when people accidentally kill their wives because they wanted to spice things up a bit. Recorded on their Samsung which was switched off.
3d_4_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #16
mr insane

News presenter on the bee is well in the matrix, he was enthusiastic asking the audience what are you not allowed to do in your car from October? Find out in a few minutes on the news on the bee!

It seems like the audience should be exited that more of their rights are being took away from them, guess what the next thing illegal is going to be! This attitude of the presenter seemed so surreal, and insane.

This is pathetic, who the hell is going to enforce this?, if its my car and if I want to smoke in it, I bloody hell will! If I was in a situation where if I smoked and owned a car and got caught smoking and police pull me over for it, I will blow the smoke in the officers face!

Last edited by mr insane; 12-02-2015 at 07:55 PM.
mr insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #17
greatdayforfreedom

I've never smoked as I find the smell revolting, not to mention what it does to your insides. Why do the elites hate people smoking in public if it's so bad for you? Why are they discouraging it? It doesn't make sense. Since when have the elites cared for our health and well being? never!

Last edited by greatdayforfreedom; 12-02-2015 at 08:03 PM.
greatdayforfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdayforfreedom View Post
I've never smoked as I find the smell revolting, not to mention what it does to your insides. Why do the elites hate people smoking in public if it's so bad for you? Why are they discouraging it? It doesn't make sense. Since when have the elites cared for our health and well being? never!
The most obvious answer to me is tax, second is diversion from the real causes of cancer, third is it might actually be good for health by creating an organic layer of tar in the places bad particulates might otherwise find a home.. a quick google of the oldest living people kind of makes one wonder..as i often wonder why in my family the smokers have long outlived the non smokers..
Old 12-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #19
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdayforfreedom View Post

I was about to make a comment along these lines when I saw yours...

We know they have a twisted anti-life depopulation agenda and promote cancer causing chemicals in food and the environment, along with all the microwave, vaccine, chemtrail toxins etc.

So why do they seem so desperate to stop us smoking?

I think it partly has something to do with the staggering statistic that snokers have a 50% less chance of developing alzheimer's and other auto-immune disorders! And they allegedly have no idea why....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10942038

Quote:
Many epidemiological studies have found a highly significant negative association between cigarette smoking and these two neurodegenerative disorders. The risk of AD or PD in nonsmokers has generally been about twice that of smokers. That is, patients with AD or PD are approximately 50% less likely to have smoked cigarettes during their lifetime than are age- and gender-matched controls. Alternatively, cigarette smokers are 50% less likely to have PD or AD than are age- and gender-matched nonsmokers. This statistically significant negative association has been interpreted as suggesting that cigarette smoking exerts an undefined, biologic, neuroprotective influence against the development of PD and AD.
I think they know precisely why...

I have about one a day.. and currently I don't have any.
I really enjoy one with a cup of tea while I'm drawing or painting or playing guitar...
I roll my own using American Spirit organic tobacco, RAW organic hemp papers and 100% cotton filters.

I'm not for one second claiming it's good for you but as you said there is absolutely something behind their massive push to stamp it out...
Old 12-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #20
shadowstalker
Inactive

I guess the Cig comps can't shell out enough money to turn it around, people can smoke what ever they please in my book, but making it law is a different story in any sense. Can you imagine the police quotas and such, and if you are caught smoking in your car with kids in it, do they arrest you and take the kids to foster care? How far are these stupid law really going to go?
shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote