Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media

Old 16-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
fishonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
The organizers of rave's, lot of them had sell protection because of the drug's they were selling to people to get off their tits and party.

Do you really think 'RAVE' is just about happyness and the love vibe? think again.
Oh that. Ya some of the outdoor ones around where i grew up were even held on biker properties. I thought u were thinking of that thread ep started.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #22
unicorny

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorwahr View Post
gelled to within an inch ,
on the other end you had poodle permed rockers
sometimes argyll street looked like a street scene from escape from new York lol
Old 29-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #23
decode reality
Inactive

Default Some parts are copied and pasted from another site

There's a book from 2005 entitled Trance Formation: The Spiritual and Religious Dimensions of Global Rave Culture

The author is Robin Sylvan, founder and director of The Sacred Center, a nonprofit educational organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. He's also the author of Traces of the Spirit: The Religious Dimensions of Popular Music.

He combines colorful firsthand accounts, extensive interviews with ravers, and cutting edge scholarly analysis to paint a compelling portrait of global rave culture as an important new religious and spiritual phenomenon that also serves as a template for mapping the future evolution of new forms of religion and spirituality in the twenty-first century.

REVIEW: "Millions of people on every continent of planet Earth, regularly coming together in ecstatic trance-dance celebrations held and energized by pulsing electronic beats, are having the deepest spiritual experience of their lives. In this thoroughly fascinating study, religious scholar Robin Sylvan makes a convincing case for regarding the global rave culture as an authentic expression of a unifying spiritual vision that integrates across all languages, religions and nationalities. Reading this book, as well as going to a rave, will leave you inspired and hopeful for our sadly fractured world." -Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., co-author of "The Psychedelic Experience and author of "The Unfolding Self

Not sure I'd entirely agree with Ralph but there you go.

Last edited by decode reality; 29-08-2014 at 03:35 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #24
fishonwheels

^There was a quasi-religios feel for sure, in that the community was diverse and scattered but this was more evident in the dance crazy "house" fanatics. Then u had the crowd that hitched on as a matter of convenience. They wouldnt call themselves ravers, and their allegiance was to their "clan," their little piece of the mosaic that was the mainstream. The church of rave had its fundies who dressed accordingly day to day off sacred ground, who accepted it as the one true faith and didn't mix with others. Most either died or moved on, and the whole scene was taken over by those who were embarrased of it. Mdma/e as a communion drug fell 50% in retail value in a few short yrs, one of the greatest hyperdeflation in drug history. These days when u ask for it u hear "i can get u just about anything but that." The church of rave has not died, but its ways r only kept alive by small groups of diehards, and the groups share far less in common tho all would agree, that they're only chasing the bygones.
Old 29-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #25
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_blank View Post
I did my fair share of pills until about 93 so just wondering now as I look back on it.
My Granny said to my Mum "I've been hearing bad things about smoking, do you think I should stop?" when she was about that age. Wisely my Mum said "no, don't worry about it". But still popping rave pills in yer 90's. Respect!!! dude.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #26
deadhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_blank View Post
Has David ever made any comment on the British Rave scene and it's parallels with Aldous Huxley's work?
not sure what david says but ;-
underground music soon becomes state property..
just look at rock, reggae, and rap.

exceptional artists exist, if ya wanna know who - just ask.
but for one example i will give ya 'immortal technique' a hip hop rapper who honors the social culture of what rap was before the 'gangsta' ethos became the state sponsored norm.

Last edited by deadhawk; 29-08-2014 at 03:36 PM.
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #27
fishonwheels

Had the COR been established in the 60's it would've been right at home. It began as an underground cult during the heydays of gangsta + hardcore rap and suicidal grunge, which spoke for the youths' collective disenchantment, and by the time it reached its zenith and began its downward journey the "rebel misfit" had been replaced as the youthful icon, by decadent rap stars and the likes of Bieber and his influences. Nothing wrong with either, but the zeitgeist has changed to one of private angst and public glibness.

Feel free to discuss "the man" behind all the above.
Old 29-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #28
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Knowing this forum it will be Zionists, reptiles, Freemasons or the BBC...
And you are a member here too...
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #29
grandmasterp
Banned

Many of those rave organisers from back in the day will be settled down in the suburbs now.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #30
artardfiesta

the rave scene loses its appeal once you build a tolerance for pills
artardfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #31
fishonwheels

Pills are underrated, but it is hard to be "hard" (in more than one way) on them I'd agree.
Old 29-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #32
andy1033

Raving is the same thing done in voodoo ceremonies.

Thats all it does, and its practically the same. Some people get lost into it, as are more sensitive than others.

The only thing wrong with raves was people.

The rest of it was great, lights, music, and dancing. Happy hardcore was my fav in 90's when i was young. Today its got another name i see, but its probably not the same.

People are what make it rubbish in the end, they cannot do there own thing.

The rave scene is same as voodoo ceremonies, that is what is behind it. The ptb getting you all into occult, or getting you lost. Every group of people had there version of voodoo.

Shame i had to stop going dancing at raves at 22, people are scum. But thats life.

All the rave scene came from voodoo ceremonies, same thing. Nothing new under the sun.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true

Last edited by andy1033; 29-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #33
fishonwheels

Thumbs up to breaks and funky disco house. Nothing else will be missed.
Old 29-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #34
porridge
Banned

Yeah, I remember the whistle posse Iluminati agents & voodoo vix posse.

All them flashy lazers & trippy visuals. In your face mkultra programming!
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #35
deadhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by artardfiesta View Post
the rave scene loses its appeal once you build a tolerance for pills
im a psylocibin user, never took E or jellies and rave only ever was 'nearly music', for me it's appeal lies in the possibility of it leading to more profound sounds.
it was so little underground that it was easily uprooted and turned in to designer pop

seems a total waste of an underground culture....same shit happened to the hippies
6 months in and the corpoes are all over it puking their bilious spumenta all over the scene till no one can tell the diffo between culture and designer profiteering.

the rave scene was sublime until it became popular then it turned in to a parody of it's self and died.
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #36
andy1033

I agree i doubt it has that rawness it had during the 1990's today.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
^^
So true
Old 29-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #37
white light

I could never do anything with a four to the floor. Seemed to produce some kind of epileptic nausea at high volume.
Old 29-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #38
andy1033

Really like i said same as voodoo ceremonies(you are all doing the same thing), and some people are more sensitive than others.
^^
So true

Last edited by andy1033; 29-08-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 29-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #39
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1033 View Post
Really like i said same as voodoo ceremonies(you are all doing the same thing), and some people are more sensitive than others.
Yeah, the machine-like relentlessness ain't very human. That's not to say there haven't been some great records made with that format.
Old 29-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #40
andy1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Yeah, the machine-like relentlessness ain't very human. That's not to say there haven't been some great records made with that format.
I was never interested in the commercial aspect of it, i liked its rawness. I always think happy hardcore during 1990's, was the 1990's version of classical music. The highs and lows, and loads of high pitch noises. Loved it. Today they call it something else, a commercial name. I doubt it is the same anymore. Piano sounds in happy hardcore was amazing i found.

Me personally liked the white peoples version of rave music, which was like i said hardcore versions. Black peoples rave scene are based on low toned music, like they used to call drum and bass(do not know what they call it now).

High pitched noises for me, over low drone noise of the more popular rave scene music back then. I am sure most people do not like hardcore versions of rave, as high pitches seem to annoy most people. I loved high pitches.
^^
So true

Last edited by andy1033; 29-08-2014 at 07:43 PM.