Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Have a Laugh

Old 06-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #441
jbaranduki

Habe das Thema erst gestern gesehen, auch alle seiten durchgegangen und dachte, ich schließe mich trotz verspätung an.

jbaranduki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #442
lightgiver

Lightbulb Germany's new female rabbi

History is being made in Germany with the ordination of the first female rabbi since World War II. Alina Treiger came to Germany from Ukraine, as the BBC's Stephen Evans reports from Berlin.

Why would a Jew migrate to Germany? You would think the ghosts would be too powerful.

Not so, according to those who have made the trip and those who welcomed them.

They are migrating for the main reasons that people in peaceful times pack their bags and seek a new start in a new country: money and work.

And that means work for those who serve them when they arrive - like rabbis, the demand for whom has expanded with the increase in Germany's Jewish communities.

It has led to a bit of history: the ordination of the first female rabbi in Germany since the Nazis killed the previous one in the Holocaust.

Alina Treiger is to be ordained at a ceremony in Berlin attended by rabbis from around the world and by the President of Germany.

She is unassuming but assured, speaking quietly but firmly about her role and about its significance.

"It is very important to deal with mourning the dead", she told the BBC when asked about how the Holocaust haunts Jewish (and non-Jewish) Germany today.

I didn't choose this job. It chose me”

Alina Treiger

"But it's also important to step towards the future and not be blinded by negative historical experience."

She is aware that she follows in the footsteps of Germany's only previous female rabbi.

"Her name was Regina Jonas. She grew up in Berlin and studied in Germany and she was forgotten for a long time," says Ms Treiger.

"She was murdered in Auschwitz."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11692934
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #443
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
Agree plus many....... one of my favorite acoustic tunes..... but then again just about all his solos are fantastic as well
I have an autographed CD of this.
Glad to see some people appreciate genius.

Yeah M Schenker has become my favourite recently, due to his two instrumentals albums from 2000 - dreams and expressions and Adventures of the imagination. beats everyone else hands down.

Heard some of his acoustic stuff but not the full albums) must be awesome.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #444
onourway

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
Glad to see some people appreciate genius.

Yeah M Schenker has become my favourite recently, due to his two instrumentals albums from 2000 - dreams and expressions and Adventures of the imagination. beats everyone else hands down.

Heard some of his acoustic stuff but not the full albums) must be awesome.
Have you heard The Odd Trio? MS plays all bass drums and guitar. A bit more basic than the others but still a highly enjoyable listen.
I was hooked on Schenker the moment I first heard Rock Bottom back in 74
I have 3 acoustics and they are all awesome... but Positive is still my favorite

Last edited by onourway; 09-02-2012 at 10:06 AM.
onourway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #445
tinyint
Inactive

Quote:
Have you heard The Odd Trio? MS plays all bass drums and guitar. A bit more basic than the others but still a highly enjoyable listen.
I have 3 acoustics and they are all awesome... but Positive is still my favorite

Btw, Heino is blocked, due to greedy GEMA bastards.
tinyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #446
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah I loled when I found out who the trio were he himself and another one of him

Quote:
MSG (Tokyo 2010) [10]. Into The Arena
Old stuff
Captain nemo, arbory hill. I prefer the instrumentals.

The songs with singing limited his creative playing ability due to the formula that lyrics revolve around.

So when I heard his instrumental albums it was a Revelation he really let rip
Dreams and expressions and Adventures of the imagination start off fairly basic then progress into something truly amazing.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #447
flyermay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mikey View Post
This will be GREAT!

Begin with a bit of Bach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZn_VBgkPNY

simply divine

Can we include Austria?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mikey View Post
Woo Hooh!

I was tempted to post him but I really felt I would be hogging the Big Three so i am going to avoid the other one too (guiess who folks!)

Instead I am going to post another composer who, althouh undoubtedly world famous, is to my mind, a little overlooked occasinally.

To anybody reading: please listen to this. IMO it is the single most beautiful piece of music ever composed for the violin and I know many other violinists who would agree.

Schubert String Quintet in C II Adagio Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLtJmOHRJIQ
You forgot the greatest...

Last edited by flyermay; 09-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.
flyermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #448
tinyint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyermay View Post

You evil nazi worshipper and Hitler's favourite Wagner.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #449
flyermay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyint View Post
You evil nazi worshipper and Hitler's favourite Wagner.
Yes, I know that story. Actually, it's funny that you mention it, because the Ring of the Nibelung is nothing more than the opera version of my "Judeo-Masonic Conspiracy"; which he was convinced it was true.

You speak German; did you had the chance to see the full opera? Did you know what it was really about?

In any case, I don't mix one thing with another. I would still hold him as one of the greatest whatever he thought.

Last edited by flyermay; 09-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #450
tinyint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyermay View Post
Yes, I know that story. Actually, it's funny that you mention it, because the Ring of the Nibelung is nothing more than the opera version of my "Judeo-Masonic Conspiracy"; which he was convinced it was true.

You speak German; did you had the chance to see the full opera? Did you know what it was really about?

In any case, I don't mix one thing with another. I would still hold him as one of the greatest whatever he thought.
Yes, sure I know what "Der Ring der Nibelungen" or its original "Das Nibelungenlied" is really about.
However, I am sorry, I won't tell you, but it is partly on this very forum.

Last edited by tinyint; 09-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #451
flyermay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyint View Post
Yes, sure I know what "Der Ring der Nibelungen" or its original "Das Nibelungenlied" is really about.
However, I am sorry, I won't tell you, but it is partly on this very forum.
I know already; and saw the full opera translated... I was just wondering if you knew; not because of anything, just because I know it interests you.

Anyway... a masterpiece.

Last edited by flyermay; 09-02-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #452
runlikehell
Inactive

Thumbs up Pro german good stuff here's my contribution!

Nein!
runlikehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #453
saturnv

great thread! I had a great time in Berlin. Since I am part German, I have to say that I enjoy many things from Deutschland.

definitely Music: Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Die Krupps, KMFDM, Scorpions, Orange Sector, Blutengel, Das Ich, Kraftwerk, Project Pitchfork, Unheilig, Oomph, Die Atzen, Megaherz, Stahlmann, Falco, Bach, Beethoven, Schwefelgelb, Tokio Hotel, X-Fusion, The Retrosic, Feindflug, Funker Vogt, and Virtual Embrace

Mister Fisto:

Beer: Becks, Bitburger, Hofbrau, Hacker-Pschorr, Konig-Ludwig, Tucher, Weihenstephan, Paulaner, Köstritzer, way too many, I like em all.

Food: Brawts, Pretzels, Currywurst, Sauerkraut, Schnitzel, Spatzle, Rouladen

Autos: BMW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Opel, VW and of course the Trabant
saturnv is offline   Reply With Quote