Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Have a Laugh

Old 26-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Just a smidgeon of synchronicity here re the OP, I got stung by a wasp first time ever in my life last week by one of the little bastids in Leeds Train Station Wetherspoons. I yelped out loud not knowing what had happened as it flew off onto the next table, gave chase, took a rolled up Metro newspaper and whapped it twice while this other bloke was trying to have his breakfast. Took its head clean off.
What, the wasp or the bloke? If it was the latter then congratulations - you are probably the first member of DIF who has actual experience in decapitation.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #22
decode reality
Inactive

Nazi raccoons seek quiet life in Netherlands

The Times, September 2015

The Netherlands is braced for an invasion of raccoons from Germany after one was found in a trap intended for a coypu — another north American invader.
Dutch experts estimate that the male is an advance guard for a wave sweeping across the border.

A million raccoons have established themselves in Germany since two were released in 1934 to help hunters and “enrich the fauna”. As the release was said to be under the orders of Hermann Goehring, it led to headlines warning of 'the invasion of Nazi raccoons'.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/enviro...cle4568032.ece
Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #23
decode reality
Inactive

Kim Jong-un ‘is so fat from eating cheese that he has broken his ankles’

Harry Readhead for Metro.co.uk Wednesday, 1 Oct

Rumours of a coup after the mysterious disappearance of despot Kim Jong-un have been put to bed after it was revealed the North Korean leader is merely recovering from surgery – after cheese-fuelled weight gain caused him to fracture his ankles.

Unbridled daily binges on Emmental imported from Switzerland are believed to be responsible for the dictator’s rapid weight gain, with some defectors speculating he was trying to match the considerable bulk of his grandfather, Kim Il-sung.

And South Korea’s largest newspaper claims that the tubby tyrant is in fact recovering from two fractured ankles after the strain of his expanding waistline put pressure on a pre-existing injury – and caused the bones to crack.

Kim, who has not been seen in public in almost a month, missed a session of the Supreme People’s Assembly in Pyongyang for the first time since ascending to power in 2011, sending the gossip mill into overdrive.
Chinese social media Weibo went crazy with reports that a former North Korean vice marshal had overthrown Kim in a coup, while outside commentators speculated he had developed gout, which runs in his family.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/01/kim-jo...#ixzz3nOjDi65A
Old 07-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #24
decode reality
Inactive

Female-named hurricanes kill more than male hurricanes because people don’t respect them, study finds

Washington Post, June 2014

People don’t take hurricanes as seriously if they have a feminine name and the consequences are deadly, finds a new groundbreaking study.

Female-named storms have historically killed more because people neither consider them as risky nor take the same precautions, the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences concludes.

Researchers at the University of Illinois and Arizona State University examined six decades of hurricane death rates according to gender, spanning 1950 and 2012. Of the 47 most damaging hurricanes, the female-named hurricanes produced an average of 45 deaths compared to 23 deaths in male-named storms, or almost double the number of fatalities. (The study excluded Katrina and Audrey, outlier storms that would skew the model).

The difference in death rates between genders was even more pronounced when comparing strongly masculine names versus strongly feminine ones.

“[Our] model suggests that changing a severe hurricane’s name from Charley … to Eloise … could nearly triple its death toll,” the study says.

Sharon Shavitt, study co-author and professor of marketing at the University of Illinois, says the results imply an “implicit sexism”; that is, we make decisions about storms based on the gender of their name without even knowing it.

“When under the radar, that’s when it [the sexism] has the potential to influence our judgments,” Shavitt said.

To test the hypothesis the gender of the storm names impacts people’s judgments about a storm, the researchers set up 6 experiments presenting a series of questions to between 100 to 346 people. The sexism showed up again.

Respondents predicted male hurricanes to be more intense the female hurricanes in one exercise. In another exercise, the hurricane sex affected how respondents said they would prepare for a hurricane.

“People imagining a ‘female’ hurricane were not as willing to seek shelter,” Shavitt said. “The stereotypes that underlie these judgments are subtle and not necessarily hostile toward women – they may involve viewing women as warmer and less aggressive than men.”

Hurricanes have been named since 1950. Originally, only female names were used; male names were introduced into the mix in 1979.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...m-study-finds/
Old 08-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #25
decode reality
Inactive

George Osborne says NWA concert was his favourite ever show

The American rap group are known for their highly explicit lyrics and glorification of crime and violence

Alexandra Sims, The Independent, Sunday 4 October 2015

Tory Chancellor George Osborne has revealed a surprising passion for West Coast gangsta rap.

The former Oxford University student, who had a poster of Winston Churchill on his wall as a child, told the Mail on Sunday he went to NWA at Brixton Academy in the early 1990s and that it was the best concert he had ever attended.

The iconic group and pioneers of West Coast hip-hop seem a surprising choice for the Conservative minister, given the notoriety they achieved for their highly explicit lyrics and glorification of crime and violence.

NWA, whose original line-up included Dr Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy-E, are the subject of the recently released biopic Straight Outta Compton, named after their first album.

Mr Osborne's musical inclinations do not seem to have boosted his street cred in the eyes of his daughter however, who banned him from going with her to a Taylor Swift concert because he is “really uncool”.

Aside from listening to hardcore rap, he also said he enjoys the more sedate melodies of alternative folk singer Sufjan Stevens and writes his speeches to JS Bach’s Goldberg Variations.

Mr Osborne also revealed he sends text emoticons to Cabinet minsters when he thinks they are doing well, expressing a penchant for “the one with the sunglasses on”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a6678806.html
Old 14-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #26
decode reality
Inactive

New York woman sues 12-year-old nephew over hug that broke her wrist

The Guardian, Tuesday 13 October

Human resources manager Jennifer Connell claims nephew acted unreasonably when he leapt into her arms to welcome her to his eighth birthday party

A Manhattan human resources manager is suing her 12-year-old nephew for leaping into her arms when he welcomed her to his eighth birthday party.

The aunt, Jennifer Connell, claims her nephew acted unreasonably when his exuberant greeting caused her to fall and break her wrist in 2011, the Westport News reported from the courthouse on Monday.

•Woman who sued nephew over wrist-breaking hug receives zero damages

She is seeking $127,000 in damages from the boy, whose mother died last year. Westport News also reported that the 12-year-old appeared confused as he sat in the courtroom with his father. Connell reportedly testified that she loves her nephew, whom she described as always being “very loving, sensitive” toward her.

He had been riding his first two-wheeled bicycle – which was bright red, according to testimony – around his home. When Connell arrived, he dropped it. “I remember him shouting, ‘Auntie Jen, I love you!’ and there he was flying at me,” Connell reportedly testified.

Of the damage done, Connell testified that she did not complain at the time, but she said her life had been “very difficult” since the injury because of “how crowded it is in Manhattan”. “I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she reportedly said.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...rist?CMP=fb_gu
Old 15-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #27
decode reality
Inactive

This is the news!

Old 16-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #28
decode reality
Inactive

Westlife respond to claims a CIA programme used their music as a torture method

The Independent, 15 October 2015

A federal lawsuit in the US has been launched against two men who are alleged to have designed a "torture programme" for the CIA.

Among other accusations in the case launched by the American Civil Liberties Union, one former captive claims the programme included methods like inserting a spout into suspects' rectums, keeping them in darkened rooms for extended periods and making them listen to the Westlife song "My Love" interspersed with heavy metal for hours on end.

In response to the Westlife claim, one member of the Irish boyband took to a radio chat-show in his homeland to voice his complete lack of surprise.

Speaking on the Eoghan McDermott Show, Kian Egan said:

You know, it's a pretty annoying song to be played over and over again... It was probably very successful, come on..! It probably only took two hours to crack the poor guy.

Referring to the two psychologists who designed the interrogation programme, Steven Watt, a senior staff attorney with the ACLU human rights programme, alleged in a statement:

They claimed that their programme was scientifically based, safe, and proven, when in fact it was none of those things. The program was unlawful and its methods barbaric.

Psychology is a healing profession, but Mitchell and Jessen violated the ethical code of 'do no harm' in some of the most abhorrent ways imaginable.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...od--WkbHDCRoPe
Old 18-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #29
decode reality
Inactive

Old 21-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #30
decode reality
Inactive

Jihadi John ‘forced terrified ISIS prisoner to dance the Tango’

Irish Daily Star, 21 Oct 2015

SICK Islamic State (ISIS) executioner Jihadi John forced a terrified prisoner to dance the Tango, the former hostage claims.

Daniel Rye Ottosen claims the blood thirsty Briton – whose real name is Mohammed Emwazi – ordered him to dance before threatening to cut his nose off with pliers.

The photographer was captured in 2013 before he was released after 13 months – the last hostage to be freed from ISIS claws.

Ottosen, 26, from Odense, Denmark, said cruel Jihadi John was part of a psychotic group of British militants he dubbed “The Beatles”.

He said “The Beatles” had a distinct, strong smell.

He told Danish broadcaster DR how Jihadi John asked him “do you want to dance?” before forcing him to do the Tango.

He said: “At that point I just looked down at the ground the whole time because I did not want to look at them – if you looked them in the eye you would just get beaten even more.

“So I had my head down and my arms up and he led me around the prison and then suddenly it just changed and he threw me down and kicked and hit me.”

“They then ended by threatening to cut my nose off with side-cutting pliers and such things. When they left there, you’re just like ‘What?!?'”, The Telegraph reported Ottosen as saying.

Ottosen was eventually released in June last year after his family paid €2million ransom.

But much of it was raised through a Facebook fundraising campaign.

His fellow prisoners – American journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff, and British aid workers David Haines and Alan Henning – were all brutally murdered.

Jihadi John is wanted for the filmed beheadings of at least seven hostages.

Last month top special forces troops said they were closing in on the Londoner.

But in August footage emerged of the fanatic warning he wants to return to the UK and “carry on cutting heads.”

http://thestar.ie/jihadi-john-forced...nce-the-tango/
Old 01-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #31
decode reality
Inactive

Subway worker trapped overnight in chiller uses KETCHUP in bid to escape icy cage

30 OCT 2015 - Daily Mirror

Karlee Daubeney told how she was in a state of panic after realising she was stuck inside the cold store

A Subway worker trapped in a chiller for eight hours overnight tried to raise the alarm by using ketchup to write a note reading "help me".

Karlee Daubeney, 20, was working the late shift alone when the door of the cold store closed behind her.

When she realised no one was coming to her aid she slipped an SOS message underneath the door - hoping it would be spotted on CCTV by security staff.

But she remained trapped until 7.30am the following morning when the day shift arrived and opened up.

The franchise responsible for the store is due to appear before magistrates on Monday in connection with the incident.

Karlee said: "At first I was in a state of panic and I was looking for anything that could have opened the door.

"I was trying to write 'help' on pieces of cardboard to slide under the door. I think it was with ketchup or mayonnaise.

"It got to the stage I was so cold I didn't have the energy to bang on the door and I only had leggings and a Subway top on."

The company pleaded not guilty at the preliminary hearing at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court on 26 October.

Subway said: "As this case is currently under investigation we are unable to comment further at this stage."

US-based Subway is the world's largest restaurant chain and valued at £3.3 billion.

It has around 2,200 outlets in the UK, employing more than 22,000 people.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...hiller-6736526
Old 12-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #32
decode reality
Inactive

Signs of dementia could include sense of humour getting darker, says study

Jessica Elgot, The Guardian
Tuesday 10 November 2015 09.57 GMT

Report by UCL polled relatives and found many said patients’ perception of what was funny changed dramatically and became ‘inappropriate and graphic’

An increasingly twisted sense of humour could be one of the early signs of dementia, a new study has found, including laughing at inappropriate moments.

The University College London research, published in the Journal of Alzeheimer’s disease, questioned the families and friends of 48 dementia patients, who had known them for more than 15 years before their disease took hold. Many of them noted that their relatives’ sense of humour had changed.

The study found patients laughed at “frankly inappropriate” moments, including watching news reports about natural disasters, or seeing a car parked badly. One recalled a relative laughing after a loved one badly scalded herself.

Dementia patients were likely to find satirical or absurdist comedy less funny than slapstick, such as Mr Bean, the study found. After the patients were diagnosed, respondents said that they noticed “a shift in patients’ comedy preferences toward the fatuous and farcical”.

All patient groups liked satirical and absurdist comedy significantly less than healthy patients, the study found.

It found an altered sense of humour is particularly common in two specific types of dementia: semantic dementia and a variety of frontotemporal dementia noted for causing sufferers to lose their inhibitions and struggle in social situations. A change in humour was also frequently found in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.

“Early on, [they] laughed very loudly at things that were only mildly funny, flippant or over the top; now [they] laugh all the time at things that are not particularly funny and will say ‘I’m laughing and I’m not sure why I’m laughing’,” one respondent wrote. “When I badly scalded myself the other year, [they] thought it was hilarious.”

“I have asthma – [they] laugh sometimes when I am fighting to get my breath,” another relative wrote.

Many said the person’s mature or cultured sense of humour had disappeared, with relatives laughing only at the most slapstick comedy or dirty jokes. “Used to be very witty but that has all gone; humour has to be more obvious, laughs if others laugh,” one wrote.

“[They have] little sense of humour at all, does not really find anything funny but will give a silly laugh or sneer when totally inappropriate,” another wrote. One said their relative’s humour was now “very rude and graphic, everything is now ‘funny’”.

Dr Simon Ridley, of Alzheimer’s Research UK, said relatives concerned about changes in the behaviour of their loved ones should contact their GP.

“While memory loss is often the first thing that springs to mind when we hear the word dementia, this study highlights the importance of looking at the myriad different symptoms that impact on daily life and relationships,” he told the BBC.

“A deeper understanding of the full range of dementia symptoms will increase our ability to make a timely and accurate diagnosis.”

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...tia-says-study
Old 13-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #33
decode reality
Inactive

Mary Numair: Woman stops anti-abortion protest at Planned Parenthood clinic by chanting ‘Yeast infections!’

The Independent, Loulla-Mae Elefheriou-Smith Tuesday 27 October 2015

A woman has been praised for her innovative show of support for a Planned Parenthood clinic in Portland, Oregon, after she broke up an anti-abortion protester by chanting the words: “Yeast infection!”

Mary Numair, a copywriter, 29, works near the Planned Parenthood clinic, where she had received treatment for yeast infections and UTIs when she was in her early twenties and did not have health insurance.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6710306.html

1:11

Old 08-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #34
decode reality
Inactive

BBC apologises after subtitler links Aston Villa’s Doug Ellis with Hezbollah

• Viewers saw ‘Great to see Doug Ellis here with Hezbollah’ during match
• Former Villa chairman was in crowd for Everton defeat

Monday 7 December 2015 13.33 GMT, The Guardian

The BBC has apologised to the former Aston Villa chairman Sir Doug Ellis after a subtitler mistakenly linked him with Hezbollah.

Ellis, who sold his stake in Villa to Randy Lerner in 2006 and is now the life president of the club, was spotted in the crowd at Goodison Park before the 4-0 defeat to Everton on 21 November.

“Great to see Doug Ellis here in his Villa scarf,” said the Match of the Day commentator Steve Wilson. However, those words were somehow misinterpreted by the subtitler and the sentence, “Great to see Doug Ellis here with Hezbollah” appeared on screen.

The mistake was picked up by Gary Stark of Kettering, who wrote a letter to the Radio Times to highlight the gaffe and ended it with the sentence: “Let’s hope he doesn’t sue!”

“Match of the Day is a live programme and to subtitle it we used a method known as ‘live respeaking’,” read a response from a BBC spokesperson. “The voice recognition technology misrecognised the word ‘Villa’ leading to the error. We apologise for any offence caused and are working hard to make subtitles as accurate as they can be.”

Hezbollah is a Shia Muslim group and political party based in Lebanon.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...illa-hezbollah
Old 09-12-2015, 05:09 PM   #35
decode reality
Inactive

Peter Gabriel announces plans to teach monkeys how to use Skype

Former Genesis man helped teach primates to play the keyboards in 2001

LUKE MORGAN BRITTON, 8TH DECEMBER 2015, NME

Former Genesis frontman Peter Gabriel is set to take part in a new experiment, which aims to look at whether monkeys would use video technology to communicate with each other.

As reported by The Sunday Times, Gabriel will work with the Monkey World rescue centre and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on the Interspecies Internet project.

"The idea is to extend a big video network that already exists in labs at [MIT] so that different species including our own have a chance to communicate," Gabriel is quoted as saying.

"I am absolutely certain the monkeys will use the video cameras in Monkey World to communicate with each other. I am also interested in how they would use the internet to communicate."

"Gabriel is convinced that people could communicate with animals if only we could find a shared medium of expression," the Sunday Times article continues.

It is not known what part Gabriel will play in the experiment, as a spokesperson for Monkey World said the plans were still at an early stage and they could not comment further.

However, Dr Bridget Waller from the University of Portsmouth has downplayed the reports. Waller told The Guardian: "I think we’re already pretty good at communicating with primates when they’re in captivity... Whether videoconferencing will help that, I’m not entirely sure. Primates are complex creatures and they need to be stimulated when we keep them in captivity."

Back in 2001, Gabriel made headlines after he taught monkeys how to play the keyboard.

Last year, Peter Gabriel said that there is a "small chance" of a reunion with Genesis.

Gabriel spoke to Rolling Stone about the possible reunion, appearing open to reforming with the band, who haven't played together for over 32 years with Gabriel as the frontman.

Discussing the potential reunion, Gabriel said: "I never say never. It really didn’t happen last time. I think there’s a small chance, but I don't think it’s very high."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/peter-gabrie...cwH7rKjcwRQ.99
Old 09-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #36
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Angry, drunk and unemployed German wasps are invading Essex. They shouldn't.

The Independent, 26 August 2015

Europeans are used to drunk, angry Britons rampaging across their continent, but now the tables have been turned.
That's better.
Old 16-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #37
decode reality
Inactive

Disgruntled Siberian city wants cat for mayor

Residents of far-flung Siberian city Barnul are so disillusioned with human politicians that they have pinned their hopes on a fluffy feline alternative

Agence France-Presse, The Guardian
Wednesday 16 December 2015 00.31 GMT

Fed up with corruption and nepotism among local officials, residents of a far-flung Siberian city are yearning for a different kind of political representation.

Barsik the cat has been propelled to stardom after finishing far ahead of his human rivals for the post of mayor of Barnaul in an unofficial poll run by a popular regional social media page.

Political apathy and resentment over corruption scandals at city hall helped the 18-month-old Scottish Fold claw nearly 91% of more than 5,400 votes cast by Tuesday.

The poll, launched earlier this month by the Altai Online page on Russian social network Vk, has become the talk of the town in the city of 700,000 people located some 2,250 miles (3,600km) east of Moscow.

“People don’t know who to trust any more,” local pensioner Yevgeny Kuznetsov said, explaining Barsik’s popularity. “They have come to the conclusion that they can’t trust the authorities.”

Barnaul, a city close to the picturesque Altai mountains, has been rocked by a series of high-profile corruption cases.

A commission made up of the city council and regional governor Alexander Karlin will convene next week to appoint a new city administrator after the incumbent, Igor Savintsev, resigned in August following abuse of power allegations.

Savintsev, who ran the city from 2010 until his resignation, is accused of selling off municipally owned land to organisations affiliated with family members, costing the city more than 11 million rubles ($157,000, 144,000 euros).

His son Maxim is meanwhile awaiting trial on fraud and embezzlement charges after having fled to Thailand, according to local media reports.

“Residents doubt their competence and professionalism. And they have a right to do so,” said one of the poll’s administrators, who goes by the pseudonym “Altai Farmer” as he fears his surveys could have repercussions on his offline life.

“Altai Farmer” has launched a crowd-funding initiative to raise a billboard in the city centre depicting the feline candidate with the slogan “Only mice don’t vote for Barsik!”

He said the initiative had so far collected 1,400 rubles (£13.20, US$20).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-cat-for-mayor
Old 21-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #38
decode reality
Inactive

Cheese triggers same part of brain as hard drugs, study finds

Casein is the reason why you can't put down the brie

Kashmira Gander, The Independent, Friday 18 December 2015

Cheese contains a chemical found in addictive drugs, scientists have found.

The team behind the study set out to pin-point why certain foods are more addictive than others.

Using the Yale Food Addiction Scale, designed to measure a person’s dependence on, scientists found that cheese is particularly potent because it contains casein.

The substance, which is present in all dairy products, can trigger the brain’s opioid receptors which are linked to addiction.

The authors also found that processed foods were more associated with addictive behaviour, with fatty foods being the most difficult to put down.

In addition, they found that the top-ranking foods on the addiction scale were those containing cheese.

To make their findings, researchers asked 120 undergraduates to answer the Yale Food Addiction Scale, and were asked to choose between 35 foods of varying nutritional value, TechTimes reported.

A second part to the study involved 384 people who were presented with the same items of food, but in a hierarchical linear order.

Researchers behind the study published in the Public Library of Science One journal found that fat was linked to problematic eating whether or not participants were addicted to food.

Erica Schulte, one of the study's authors, told Mic: “Fat seemed to be equally predictive of problematic eating for everyone, regardless of whether they experience symptoms of 'food addiction.”

”[Casomorphins] really play with the dopamine receptors and trigger that addictive element,“ Cameron Wells, a registered dietician, told Tech Times.

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/...-a6707011.html
Old 22-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #39
decode reality
Inactive

Why is Leslie Nielsen STILL dead?

BBC News, 20 January 2016

Is this a familiar experience? You wake up. Check the internet and there's news of the passing of a much-loved celebrity. Then some time later after scrolling through screens of social media tributes you discover that person had actually died before... several times.

This week there have been waves of online sympathy over the passing of actor Leslie Nielsen prompting many to quote their favourite and most memorable lines from films such as Airplane! and The Naked Gun.
The only trouble is Nielsen actually died in November 2010 aged 84.
That didn't stop thousands of online users sharing this BBC story without checking the date and so it appeared that Nielsen had just died.

As a result the article popped up in the "Most Read" section which resulted in even more people sharing it. And the snowball rolled on gathering weight. Many people shared their own personal tributes on Twitter and then felt foolish when they discovered the truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35363394
Old 22-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #40
cosmic tramp

Who was it on here the other day giving a list of "dead" people which included David Icke ? It was a weird post with no links to verify any of them. Can't find it now..
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote