Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Lawful Rebellion / Non Compliance / Sovereignty

Old 05-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #21
tien an
Banned

Default T Mobile

My wife and I had a similar run-in with TMobile:

They kept prolonging our (out-of-contract) contract.
We couldn't work out why we were still receiving bills from them after having cancelled all business with them and paid everything they had requested...
then at the beginning of November, we took it up with the manager of the local TMobile store.
He was as puzzled as us (I give him the benefit of the doubt), and together we called TMobile.

It transpires that since we paid our bills in cash (at a bank, using the counterfoil for this purpose), we were incurring a £3.00 charge...for paying in cash! This led to a prolongation of our contract by another 30 days because they 'couldn't close their accounts'.
We don't have the money to attempt to take them to court, so, in the TMobile store (with a signed statement witnessing the transaction from the manager) we paid (yet) another month's subscription with a debit card.

We were informed (over the phone) that there "might yet be something to pay in the beginning of December".

I await their bill...

Be warned of underhand tactics.
tien an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #22
boots
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tien an View Post
My wife and I had a similar run-in with TMobile:

They kept prolonging our (out-of-contract) contract.
We couldn't work out why we were still receiving bills from them after having cancelled all business with them and paid everything they had requested...
then at the beginning of November, we took it up with the manager of the local TMobile store.
He was as puzzled as us (I give him the benefit of the doubt), and together we called TMobile.

It transpires that since we paid our bills in cash (at a bank, using the counterfoil for this purpose), we were incurring a £3.00 charge...for paying in cash! This led to a prolongation of our contract by another 30 days because they 'couldn't close their accounts'.
We don't have the money to attempt to take them to court, so, in the TMobile store (with a signed statement witnessing the transaction from the manager) we paid (yet) another month's subscription with a debit card.

We were informed (over the phone) that there "might yet be something to pay in the beginning of December".

I await their bill...

Be warned of underhand tactics.

Scumbags

I dislike corporations with a passion.

Can you cancel your debit card?

boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #23
tien an
Banned

Boots wrote:

"Can you cancel your debit card?"

I'd like nothing more, but 1. it belongs to my wife & 2. we've decided to keep hold of it for just such transactions + internet transactions.

Personally, I own nothing with this type of microchip. (feel better already).
It makes transactions difficult sometimes and you get puzzled looks at the bank when you insist you want all your accounts merged into one BASIC current account and one BASIC savings account.

Stuff 'em.

Last edited by tien an; 05-12-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #24
dondaz

Quote:
this is my first attempt. its probably terrible and laughable, but its worth having a go as its just my start of a learning process. here is the communication i sent to the Carphone Warehouse after their use of a fradulant telesales pitch on me.
I've seen those scams on the net! Good on yer for having them at it. They like to switch words and definitions on us. I'll be watching this thread.

[QUOTE]Kind of different, but somewhat loosely connected to this ... I had a similar interesting experience with a phone caller the other day.

They called and asked to speak to "my name".
I asked "who is calling please and what is the nature of the call?"QUOTE]

I get these too. I owe Littlewoods £92 quid and they've got the solicitors onto me. I refuse to tell them my DOB and name and ask what they want. They wont tell me so I tell them I have no contract with them so on yer bike! I'll get round to paying when Littlewoods sends me the bill!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #25
pleasuredome
Inactive

received confirmation email. just one of those automated emails, but at least its confirmation that they have my complaint.

Quote:
Sent: Fri 12/05/08 9:07 PM
To: *******************

** This is an automated response from The Carphone Warehouse. Please do not reply. **

Thank you for your email.

We’re writing to let you know that we have received your complaint, and a member of our team will be researching it today.

We’ll do our very best to get back to you within the next five working days. If it takes longer than this, we’ll email you with an update.

Many thanks

The Carphone Warehouse
pleasuredome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #26
adzboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasuredome View Post
received confirmation email. just one of those automated emails, but at least its confirmation that they have my complaint.

Thank you for your email.

We’re writing to let you know that we have received your complaint, and a member of our team will be researching it today. ...
Kin ell! So there is someone at Carphone Warehouse who is actually CAPABLE of "research"!?
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #27
pleasuredome
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzboarder View Post
Kin ell! So there is someone at Carphone Warehouse who is actually CAPABLE of "research"!?
yeah, im not expecting a reply anytime soon
Old 09-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #28
pleasuredome
Inactive

Just received a telephone call from the carphone warehouse insurance dept by a guy called john claiming that they never called me and that the number i gave them is not a carphone warehouse number!!!

after the call, i called carphone warehouse customer services. i gave them the original number the sales rep used and asked them to confirm if the number is a CW number and they said that it is an AOL number, and AOL is owned by the CW!! i told if he would put a note of our converstation on the computer and he said of course. nice chap!!

im now going to call john back and ask him if he has made a note on his records of the call made to me and what he said. i will then ask to be put through to his supervisor and ask why john has lied to me, which is gross negligence and equal to fraud.

watch this space!!!

Last edited by pleasuredome; 09-12-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #29
tien an
Banned

Quote:
just received a telephone call from the carphone warehouse insurance dept by a guy called john claiming that they never called me and that the number i gave them is not a carphone warehouse number!!!

After the call, i called carphone warehouse customer services. I gave them the original number the sales rep used and asked them to confirm if the number is a cw number and they said that it is an aol number, and aol is owned by the cw!! I told if he would put a note of our converstation on the computer and he said of course. Nice chap!!

Im now going to call john back and ask him if he has made a note on his records of the call made to me and what he said. I will then ask to be put through to his supervisor and ask why john has lied to me, which is gross negligence and equal to fraud.

Watch this space!!! :d
lol!

Last edited by tien an; 09-12-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #30
pleasuredome
Inactive

i recieved a call back from john to say that because it was AOL (but aol are owned by CW) that called me, then i need to take the matter up with them. and that there they have no evidence of the phone call made to me or that he claimed to be representing the CW. and that they were not in a position to remedy the situation. i asked if The CW had a contract with AOL for AOL to act as a third party for them, he said no.

i called AOL. they said that they do not record outbound calls, so i have no proof the original converstion with the sales rep, although i do have proof that i was called by AOL. the man said that as far as he is aware, there's a contract between AOL and The CW so that AOL can act as third party to make calls on The CW behalf. i asked him who is ultimately responsible for the call, and he said it should be The CW.

anyone got any opinions on what i should do next?

Last edited by pleasuredome; 09-12-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #31
tien an
Banned

Quote:
i recieved a call back from john to say that because it was AOL (but aol are owned by CW) that called me, then i need to take the matter up with them. and that there they have no evidence of the phone call made to me or that he claimed to be representing the CW. and that they were not in a position to remedy the situation. i asked if The CW had a contract with AOL for AOL to act as a third party for them, he said no.

i called AOL. they said that they do not record outbound calls, so i have no proof the original converstion with the sales rep, although i do have proof that i was called by AOL. the man said that as far as he is aware, there's a contract between AOL and The CW so that AOL can act as third party to make calls on The CW behalf. i asked him who is ultimately responsible for the call, and he said it should be The CW.

anyone got any opinions on what i should do next?
Hang on...CW owns AOL??

AOL + Time Warner??

How about quitting beating about the bush and write to the CEO of CW?
(What do you want from them, BTW?).
Old 09-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #32
somethinganonymous

Quote:
Hang on...CW owns AOL??

AOL + Time Warner??

he wants a free laptop of course, just like he was promised...
somethinganonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #33
pleasuredome
Inactive

Quote:
Hang on...CW owns AOL??

AOL + Time Warner??

really its AOL broadband. they just refer to it as AOL.

http://aolbroadband.co.uk/pages/prod...on/aboutUs.jsp

yes, writing to the V.P of AOL is the next step. i just wanting to make sure i go thru the procedures to get as much info as possible and make a better case
Old 09-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #34
pleasuredome
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinganonymous View Post
he wants a free laptop of course, just like he was promised...
not just that, but more importantly its all part of the learning process. you cant beat experience, at least not with a stick anyway
Old 12-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #35
pleasuredome
Inactive

ive decided that because of the complication of dealing with 2 companies and not just one, and the effort it would take for little reward, that i'll leave this one.

what is the lesson to be learned from this??

if you can, ALWAYS RECORD TELEPHONE CALLS as long as you inform the other person from the start.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #36
yozhik

Quote:
if you can, ALWAYS RECORD TELEPHONE CALLS as long as you inform the other person from the start.
In Australia, the Telecommunications Act is written in such a way that you do NOT have to inform the other party.

As long as;
a) you are a primary party to the conversation, and
b) you are recording for your lawful/legal protection

... then you can record without consent of the other party.

The act is to differentiate between 3rd party recording as opposed to a primary party. Would be worth checking the corresponding law in the UK.

Also worth noting that "recording" does not limit to audio only; as long as the device can record audio, its auxiliary functions are irrelevant. Hence, a video camera can be used at any time, as long as a) and b) are met.
Anarchism stands for liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from shackles and restraint of government. It stands for social order based on the free grouping of individuals.
It [...] maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination.

- Emma Goldman
yozhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #37
pleasuredome
Inactive

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhik View Post
In Australia, the Telecommunications Act is written in such a way that you do NOT have to inform the other party.

As long as;
a) you are a primary party to the conversation, and
b) you are recording for your lawful/legal protection

... then you can record without consent of the other party.

The act is to differentiate between 3rd party recording as opposed to a primary party. Would be worth checking the corresponding law in the UK.

Also worth noting that "recording" does not limit to audio only; as long as the device can record audio, its auxiliary functions are irrelevant. Hence, a video camera can be used at any time, as long as a) and b) are met.
you can record a telephone conversation without asking, but if you are going to share that with a third party, then you need to inform them. however as you will see below, businesses can use recordings as evidence of a business transaction without informing you. so i can only presume that a customer can do the same.

a business does not need to inform the customer that the call is being recorded if its only for these reasons:

* to provide evidence of a business transaction
* to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures to see that quality standards or targets are being met in the interests of national security
* to prevent or detect crime
* to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system
* to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.

the recording of phone calls is governed by these acts:

* Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 ("RIPA")
* Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 ("LBP Regulations")
* Data Protection Act 1998
* Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999
* Human Rights Act 1998
Old 12-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
danster82

You should of give them 7 days to send you the laptop they claimed you had already qualified for... that would of been their remedy
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #39
pleasuredome
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post
You should of give them 7 days to send you the laptop they claimed you had already qualified for... that would of been their remedy
even if i had sent them a letter, they'll say prove that a contract was made. i have no recording of it.