Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 17-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #41
wake_up_bomb

Microsoft Word is telling me that I've done about 80,000 words now. I've nearly finished 6 chapters, written the introduction and conclusion, and have written introductory passages for a couple more chapters, and I've got an absolute stack full of books, articles and audiobooks to go through. I was just reading 'The Grand Chessboard' and writing about Brzezinski and Obama. Thank God for torrents; it meant I didn't have to shell out for that lousy book, and put any money into his pocket! If anything, he should be bunging me a few quid.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #42
vegan_on_the_land

I'm another one wot is writing a book - it deals with corruption and injustice.

You might do better to find a literary agent rather than approach publishers directly. Look in a book such as Writers' and Artists' Yearbook to find agents that deal in the area you are writing about. Send the first couple of chapters and a synopsis of the rest. That's how it used to be done. I am a bit out of touch since I wrote my blockbuster novel 20-odd years ago. I still have it in a drawer somewhere.

Good luck.
vegan_on_the_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #43
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan_on_the_land View Post
I'm another one wot is writing a book - it deals with corruption and injustice.

You might do better to find a literary agent rather than approach publishers directly. Look in a book such as Writers' and Artists' Yearbook to find agents that deal in the area you are writing about. Send the first couple of chapters and a synopsis of the rest. That's how it used to be done. I am a bit out of touch since I wrote my blockbuster novel 20-odd years ago. I still have it in a drawer somewhere.

Good luck.
I've found a couple of publishers that look at 'unsolicited' manuscripts. I've got a WAYA for about 2003, so I'm aware of that. If I have to publish it as a Kindle book, so be it. Good luck with your book.
Old 18-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #44
vegan_on_the_land

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up_bomb View Post
Good luck with your book.
Thanks.
vegan_on_the_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #45
bazil brazeel

Good luck and all my best wishes with your book.
As a cricket fan myself knights idea of a title was funny. Maybe keeping with a light hearted but catchy title will get the attention of the sleeping mass's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzk0Cy97PHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3BE...layer_embedded
bazil brazeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #46
shankers

Good luck, WUB, I'm glad you're writing something as you are always a sensible, interesting poster.

Publisher-wise, maybe you could look at some fringe houses which publish books on spirituality or alternative history (not necessarily conspiracy). Perhaps see who publishes books by the likes of Ken Wilber, etc.

Kindle may be fine, but I'm thinking of how you would get an audience without it being reviewed in journals or papers. Of course, people from DIF would find it, but that would be preaching to the converted.

What's your doctorate on?
Old 18-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #47
cafe beelzebub

Once you've done it, maybe you should get a website for it, and try get yourself on some radio stations to promote it!
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #48
dreamweaver

If you'd like a hand with proof-reading or any other aspect of the book, give me a shout.

It would be nice to see something like this with proper verifiable references.
Old 20-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #49
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil brazeel View Post
Good luck and all my best wishes with your book.
As a cricket fan myself knights idea of a title was funny. Maybe keeping with a light hearted but catchy title will get the attention of the sleeping mass's.
Was it you that commented when I posted a Richie Benaud video one time? I keep meaning to put a link up, I will do tomorrow, but Test Match Special had Nigel Farage of UKIP on the other day, and he was slating the EU, as you might expect, and then Boycott came on after he'd finished and did the same! It was quite funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankers View Post
Good luck, WUB, I'm glad you're writing something as you are always a sensible, interesting poster.

Publisher-wise, maybe you could look at some fringe houses which publish books on spirituality or alternative history (not necessarily conspiracy). Perhaps see who publishes books by the likes of Ken Wilber, etc.

Kindle may be fine, but I'm thinking of how you would get an audience without it being reviewed in journals or papers. Of course, people from DIF would find it, but that would be preaching to the converted.

What's your doctorate on?
I've found a publisher that I think might be interested, and I'm posting a synopsis and chapter to them tomorrow. I will look around and try to find some more. I think with publishing if you sell the book to publishers correctly, it's probably one of the last largely uncontrolled mediums out there. You would never get something like this on TV:

Admittedly, it's not very well reviewed, but you can get alternative stuff out there, and I don't intend to write anything that alternative, the world is so different from how people think it is that you can keep things pretty mainstream and it's still revelatory compared to most people's perspective. Just to give one example, everyone's seen Bush and Blair sabre-rattling on TV about Iran, and crapping on about the need to spread democracy; how many people know that the CIA and MI6 forcibly kicked a very popular elected government out of Iran in 1953?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
Once you've done it, maybe you should get a website for it, and try get yourself on some radio stations to promote it!
I haven't thought that far ahead, but my brother's got a big Amazon affiliates website, so I was hoping he would review it favourably and help promote it, whatever form in which it comes out. I would quite happily speak on radio shows if anyone is willing to have me on! I'm sure that Keelan would consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
If you'd like a hand with proof-reading or any other aspect of the book, give me a shout.

It would be nice to see something like this with proper verifiable references.
Thankyou for the offer, if you feel like typing up 120,000 words, let me know...

Seriously though, thanks again to everyone for the encouragement, I will keep updated as to progress, or lack thereof! Well, I did a few thousand words today.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #50
dreamweaver

Quote:
I haven't thought that far ahead, but my brother's got a big Amazon affiliates website, so I was hoping he would review it favourably and help promote it, whatever form in which it comes out. I would quite happily speak on radio shows if anyone is willing to have me on! I'm sure that Keelan would consider it.
I really can't see Keelan turning it down. You should also get in touch with Red Ice Creations and obviously give Alex Jones' people a call once you've gained a bit of momentum with small but up-and-coming stations like Keelan's.

Quote:
Thankyou for the offer, if you feel like typing up 120,000 words, let me know...

"Run away, run away!"

Last edited by dreamweaver; 20-06-2011 at 02:04 AM.
dreamweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #51
wake_up_bomb

I've written about 60% of this book now, nine chapters completed of sixteen planned, plus the introduction and conclusion, and started the tenth chapter today. I've written about 160,000 words including the endnotes, with over 2,000 citations now; I'm starting to understand why those Icke books are so long.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #52
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
I've written about 60% of this book now, nine chapters completed of sixteen planned, plus the introduction and conclusion, and started the tenth chapter today. I've written about 160,000 words including the endnotes, with over 2,000 citations now; I'm starting to understand why those Icke books are so long.
nice one, how long has it taken you so far, how many hours a day you writing?
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #53
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
nice one, how long has it taken you so far, how many hours a day you writing?
I'm not sure how long exactly, but Microsoft Word tells you how long you've been editing a document for and the longest chapter I've written took 5,238 minutes, so about 87 hours. I'm aiming to do at least 3,000 words every day, but some days I've done a lot more than that. I would guess I'm doing about 50 hours per week.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #54
dreamweaver

You're using Micro$oft? Wash your mouth out with soap!
Old 21-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #55
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
You're using Micro$oft? Wash your mouth out with soap!
I didn't pay them if it makes you feel any better...
Old 21-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #56
jackdaw
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure how long exactly, but Microsoft Word tells you how long you've been editing a document for and the longest chapter I've written took 5,238 minutes, so about 87 hours. I'm aiming to do at least 3,000 words every day, but some days I've done a lot more than that. I would guess I'm doing about 50 hours per week.
Keep at it, and best wishes with it. As someone who has written a 120,000 word novel as well as magazine features I know you'll need perseverence and dedication to complete the work, and then finding a publisher will be a challenge in itself. Most don't accept unsolicited manuscripts any more so your best option is likely to be finding a literary agent willing to represent you. I imagine you already have the W&A Yearbook. Hope it all goes well for you
jackdaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #57
dreamweaver

Quote:
I didn't pay them if it makes you feel any better...
Oh, it's not that, it's Bill providing a nice handy backdoor into your computer for Mossad.

Sorry, it's just my Linux geek side coming out. I do still use M$ for some stuff and it's not like I have anything on my computers that the spooks would really find useful. But the thing about M$ is that all their stuff is proprietary code, there's no way of really telling what shit they're doing with your computer.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #58
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:

How the hell do you write so much so quickly!!
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #59
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaw View Post
Keep at it, and best wishes with it. As someone who has written a 120,000 word novel as well as magazine features I know you'll need perseverence and dedication to complete the work, and then finding a publisher will be a challenge in itself. Most don't accept unsolicited manuscripts any more so your best option is likely to be finding a literary agent willing to represent you. I imagine you already have the W&A Yearbook. Hope it all goes well for you
I have found a few suitable publishers that publish unsolicited manuscripts but if I can't get anywhere I will just put it out as a Kindle book, and I will probably do this in the meantime, anyway.

Quote:
Oh, it's not that, it's Bill providing a nice handy backdoor into your computer for Mossad.

Sorry, it's just my Linux geek side coming out. I do still use M$ for some stuff and it's not like I have anything on my computers that the spooks would really find useful. But the thing about M$ is that all their stuff is proprietary code, there's no way of really telling what shit they're doing with your computer.
I used to live with software engineers so I know all about Linux, I'm might be able to install it, but I'm not a computer expert and I've never used it. I know Windows is full of holes, but at least I know how to use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post

How the hell do you write so much so quickly!!
I think it's a combination of dedication and also necessity, I mean things are moving so fast in the world, I'm rapidly collecting articles that I need to add as I'm writing it.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #60
dreamweaver

Quote:
I think it's a combination of dedication and also necessity, I mean things are moving so fast in the world, I'm rapidly collecting articles that I need to add as I'm writing it.
Must be slightly frustrating that the phone hacking thing is moving so fast. Who'd have thought a few weeks ago that the News of the Screws would be shut down, Murdoch would be hauled before a select committee, the Met commissioner would quit, a former hack would be dead and Cameron's future was looking shaky?