Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 08-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
wake_up_bomb

Default I'm Writing a Book

Hi all, I thought you might like to know that I'm currently writing a book. My idea for the book was, there’s a lot of good books out there that go through this stuff, and Icke’s books are great and obviously he’s done a lot of good research. But I want to do a book that you can show to the person that is not into this stuff at all, and that will have credibility, that won’t make them put up the defences straight away. Of course, some people will do it, anyway. But with Icke’s books, although they’re extensively referenced - and I’m the kind of person that if someone references a book, I will buy the book and read it - as you’re reading through the text there are no footnotes in his most recent book, and if you look at, for example, 'The Biggest Secret', in the chapter 'The Network Today', a 21 page chapter, there are 11 footnotes. And his books are also full of his own opinion, which I happen to largely agree with, but others are not so receptive.

I want to do something where I keep editorialising to conclusions and the odd commentary and explanation, and more importantly where absolutely every statement and assertion is backed-up, not with conspiracy websites, or even obscure books, with their own documents, statements, mainstream media and books. This can be done. Up to now I've written over 45,000 words and made over 650 citations, with I think about 2 citations to alternative media (which were Dr. Christopher Busby and John Perkins being interviewed). I've written a chapter on the BBC, and made 188 references, to the BBC’s own statements and reports, mainstream media, and employees and former employees’ statements.

Five years ago, certainly ten years ago, people could take the piss if you mentioned the Bilderberg Group. They can't take the piss so easily now, (although I notice today the BBC are still trying) because it’s in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...land-st-moritz

I don’t like the tone of the articles they’ve done over the last three years, but at least they’re acknowledging it. So, once someone knows that it exists, you can show people that in 1955 they discussed European integration and the single currency, and no-one can deny it, because Wikileaks have released the minutes.

I've planned it all out, and it's going to encompass 15 areas that I think are important and well-documented, then discuss a holistic solution, a more general principle that I think we should embrace, and ten basic steps that we can all take to disempower the control system.

I think it’s a big window of opportunity, and Icke does his bit, and I love the guy and everything he’s about is great, but I want to do something more mainstream scholarly, just so it’s harder for people to come back and say, "that’s a load of nonsense, this isn’t happening". For example, I refuse to pay my TV licence, and say that the BBC is a hugely corrupt institution. "That’s a load of nonsense", people will say. Is it? Here’s 10,000 words and 188 citations saying that it isn’t. I want it to be a book that you can put in front of a sceptic, and they can't easily bite back at it, because every single assertion is backed up.

That’s the idea behind it, anyway, and it would have been hard to find a publisher at one time, although I know of a couple that I might try, but if not, I can self-publish on Kindle and keep 70% of the royalties.

Unfortunately as I'm doing this, and supposed to be doing a Doctorate as well, I'm not going to have much time to post, but I will still probably post every day! Just the odd short post, though. Not that anybody should particularly care(!), I just thought some of you might be interested.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
thoreau

I wish you an abundance of ideas, sources and a no writers block. I look forward to reading your book

Your posts will be missed.
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
dolores1

Default Sounds good

I have found the "what if" a lead that does not frighten people off as I am asking their opinion and they go on to consider the question.
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
hadabusa
Banned

nice, buddy, i know it'll be very good.

if you need any help, let me know.
hadabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
pheony
Banned

Wishing you all the best.
pheony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
martg
Inactive

Great idea!
I got the 'committee of 300' to lend to my Dad but after reading it, it seemed a little weak on sources and citations, and as much as I think David Icke is a great researcher, I would not lend any of his books to because it would just cause him to dismiss everything.
So I couldn't agree more, there needs to be a comprehensive book that introduces people to these subjects without going off into the grey areas that are subject to interpretation.

Best of luck with the book.
martg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
wake_up_bomb

Thankyou all, I will still post, as I say, probably every day! Just will be putting most of my effort into writing and researching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martg View Post
Great idea!
I got the 'committee of 300' to lend to my Dad but after reading it, it seemed a little weak on sources and citations, and as much as I think David Icke is a great researcher, I would not lend any of his books to because it would just cause him to dismiss everything.
So I couldn't agree more, there needs to be a comprehensive book that introduces people to these subjects without going off into the grey areas that are subject to interpretation.

Best of luck with the book.
It's hard to get through to people, of course we're strongly encouraged to put our head in the sand. I'm going to stick to non-contentious subjects. I'm a big believer than we were lied to about 9/11, but I'm not going to discuss that, because there's just too much argument and supposition. I want to stick to stuff that can be documented 100%. No-one can say that Goldman Sachs doesn't have supercomputers that make trillions of transactions per day and caused the Dow Jones to fall by 10% in a matter of minutes...because it's in the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. That's the idea, just stick to stuff that cannot be denied.

Last edited by wake_up_bomb; 08-06-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
uberstate
Inactive

Well, if your input on here is anything to go by I would think it will be a big hit!
Your posts are always well articulated as are many others.
uberstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
thedefender

Best of luck. It sounds like a good idea. Do you have an overall thesis though? I know you're trying to unveil a bit of history which is uncommon to many, but are there any themes or particualr areas of study you want to present. The reason I ask is because the agenda is too hard to write in one book, but it's one book which can lead people from the illusion they know as supposed "truth."
thedefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up_bomb View Post
Hi all, I thought you might like to know that I'm currently writing a book.
Best of luck I know from experience what that is like, although I'm nowhere near 45,000 words...but then the subject matter is slightly different.
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
decode reality
Inactive

All the best with it. You write well.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefender View Post
Best of luck. It sounds like a good idea. Do you have an overall thesis though? I know you're trying to unveil a bit of history which is uncommon to many, but are there any themes or particualr areas of study you want to present. The reason I ask is because the agenda is too hard to write in one book, but it's one book which can lead people from the illusion they know as supposed "truth."
Well, again, I'm a big believer in changing our individual consciousness being the path to changing the world, but I'm not going to go into that because there are too many people that are trapped in the 'media matrix' of just go to work, watch a bit of telly, glance at the paper maybe, they don't really engage in any critical thinking, so if you start coming at them with the 'reality is an illusion' stuff, it's just doesn't compute with them. I just want to write something that takes people out of their comfort zone and makes them realise the world is very different from how they think it is, but without making them just turn-off completely, or accuse it of being a 'conspiracy theory'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
Best of luck I know from experience what that is like, although I'm nowhere near 45,000 words...but then the subject matter is slightly different.
Well, I don't have kids! I will certainly read your book when it's finished.

Last edited by wake_up_bomb; 08-06-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
peabrain
Inactive

Sounding good already,I think you have the right mindset in that you don't want to 'do' another conspiracy theory orientated piece.I wish you all the best and admire your volition and drive.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
I will certainly read your book when it's finished.
Likewise. There is sore need for a book on the way the world is going that is not wrapped in tinfoil
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #15
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
Likewise. There is sore need for a book on the way the world is going that is not wrapped in tinfoil
I don't want this to be an ironic foreshadowing of the monetary system, but this book may only exist in digital form!

Thankyou to everyone else for the encouragement as well, it's genuinely appreciated.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
whatistruth
Banned

Will you be getting it published?
whatistruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatistruth View Post
Will you be getting it published?
You can self-publish on Kindle now, and anyone can download them as e-books. So it will definitely be on Amazon. I've found a couple of publishers that I will approach as well, but there's no guarantees with that, just have to see what happens. But it will definitely be published and available for purchase on Amazon.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
machine
Banned

Quote:

Unfortunately as I'm doing this, and supposed to be doing a Doctorate as well, I'm not going to have much time to post, but I will still probably post every day!
Hey, what a guy.
machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #19
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
Hey, what a guy.
Thankyou for the encouragement, my friend, I bear you no malice regarding our previous discussions! And you may not have noticed, but I did agree with you on a thread not that long ago.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
weeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstate View Post
Well, if your input on here is anything to go by I would think it will be a big hit!
Your posts are always well articulated as are many others.
I concur.

I have always enjoyed your posts for the above reasons ^^^^^ and also for how well you research the subject matter BEFORE commenting. I'm sure your book will be a well deserved success.

All the best wake_up_bomb.

Have you got a title in mind? (sorry if you have already mentioned this and I have missed it)

Old eyes and all......

weeman is offline   Reply With Quote