Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 02-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
chaotic

Default You cannot judge people by their appearance

Today I went shopping and when I was leaving the shopping centre there was a group of rough looking teenagers and older people grouped together. They were loud and intimidating and most people tried to stay out of their way.

As I was walking towards my car I noticed an elderly couple across the road and momentarily thought something is going to happen. A few seconds later I saw the elderly woman drop to the ground and her husband cry for help. Being a person with medical qualifications my adrenaline kicked in and I just ran across the road without any thought for traffic.

At the same time one very rough looking man from the group also ran across the road and we reached the woman at the same time. A couple of other from the group came across to assist and one rang an ambulance whilst I talked to the woman and assessed and checked her over for injury.

What surprised me was the amount of well dressed and medically trained people who I have worked with just walked past and failed to even inquire whether assistance was needed. The people from the rough and intimidating group did everything I asked and were respectful of both the woman and her husband. They even assisted the paramedics.

This showed me that the most surprising personalities are hidden behind physical appearance and I mean that both ways. The rough and intimidating looking group were prepared to help others and the well groomed professional people were prepared to to turn and look the other way.

One day I hope that everyone will be prepared to help others regardless of who they are. One can can only hope.....
chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
the well groomed professional people were prepared to to turn and look the other way.
They didn't have time!

Interesting word there, 'prepared'

5 b7 b2 4
lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
vinnievega

nice story, great example of how beautiful people can be. and of course, some not
vinnievega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
ellipse

So true. Thanks for posting this.
ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
lookfar

Thanks for sharing & I totally agree, we shouldn't be too quick to judge people

Good on you for stepping in, as well as the others who helped too, it's nice to know there are folk who are willing to help others when needed And yes I agree, it would be lovely if everyone in the world were so quick to help others, it would change things dramatically that's for sure!
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/ http://www.waykiwayki.com/
Dolphins playing in bubble rings
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
newworldengineer

Location: Caught up at the border of the living and the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookfar View Post
Thanks for sharing & I totally agree, we shouldn't be too quick to judge people

Good on you for stepping in, as well as the others who helped too, it's nice to know there are folk who are willing to help others when needed And yes I agree, it would be lovely if everyone in the world were so quick to help others, it would change things dramatically that's for sure!
agreed, that's why you should always follow your intuition, read the energy of people rather than judge the physical surface of them (appearance). Not that anyone should feel intimidated anyway, I certainly don't anymore and laugh when I see folk that are intimidated by me
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

http://www.youtube.com/redherringmedia
newworldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
knewt01
Inactive

Excellent post - thanks for sharing!
knewt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
thoreau

Lovely post ty.

It is true that we judge way too easily and often just on appearance - happens to me and the other half all the time.
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
knewt01
Inactive

Just out of interest, have you ever "mis-judged" someone from their avatar on here? I know I have, although I am embarassed to admit it.

Isn't it silly? We even do it with pictures representing people
Old 02-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
thoreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewt01 View Post
Just out of interest, have you ever "mis-judged" someone from their avatar on here? I know I have, although I am embarassed to admit it.

I have been guilty of it and said as much on a thread the other day was a good lesson and reminder for me.
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
indica
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewt01 View Post

I've certainly been at the brunt of such a thing
indica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
lens

Yeah, even the avatars of people I strongly disagree with can change my feeling about them, when they change avatar.

I suppose it's a bit like a facial expression - you catch a bit of aggression or whatever just before you read.

5 b7 b2 4
lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
cafe beelzebub

I totally agree.

I was in the bus station a few days ago, I saw this rough looking skin head, he walked up to a black man with two kids and said I have a day pass bus ticket here which i no longer need for today you can have it if you like, he gave him the ticket and they shook hands...

Also I've been on a couple of forum meet ups, (in pubs) and when you first get there looking around to see who is from this forum, you have no idea which people are 'awake' and who are as dumb as a bag of rocks.
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
knewt01
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
I totally agree.

I was in the bus station a few days ago, I saw this rough looking skin head, he walked up to a black man with two kids and said I have a day pass bus ticket here which i no longer need for today you can have it if you like, he gave him the ticket and they shook hands...

Also I've been on a couple of forum meet ups, (in pubs) and when you first get there looking around to see who is from this forum, you have no idea which people are 'awake' and who are as dumb as a bag of rocks.
What have you got against rocks?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
jnathank

A nice face the establishment can trust.

Look at his haircut. Looks like a style a style fit for a politician.

He's such an upstanding citizen. He even entertains ill children at the hospital on the side.

Ahhhhhh! Ahhhhh! Its a scary black man with crazy hair! Ahhhhhh! Get him away from your kids before he poisons them with marijuana smoke! Ahhhhhhh!

This guy so does not look like a serial killer, right?
There isn't anything rapey about this guys eyes at all...

Last edited by jnathank; 02-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.
jnathank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
enthousiamos

Some of the smartest people in the world have some of the ugliest souls:

enthousiamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #17
knewt01
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthousiamos View Post

Hee, hee! You KNOW she just let a big meaty one rip...
Old 02-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
newworldengineer

Location: Caught up at the border of the living and the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthousiamos View Post

I think that in alot of cases you might find that their ugliness projects into their outer body.
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

http://www.youtube.com/redherringmedia
newworldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #19
enthousiamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldengineer View Post
I think that in alot of cases you might find that their ugliness projects into their outer body.
Very true. Like The Picture of Dorian Grey, inner ugliness eventually penetrates the physical persona.
enthousiamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 AM   #20
chaotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
They didn't have time!

Interesting word there, 'prepared'
Why is it a interesting word or is it my Aussie slang just writing what I am thinking .
chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote