Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 29-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #41
keepinitreal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_almighty View Post
They might be a part of the same genre, but that doesn't mean you should compare them.

I like The Ring, The Sixth Sense, The Thing, Rosemary's Baby, The Blair Witch Project and I like The Walking Dead TV series.

But I hate Saw and Hostel and movies like this where people get tortured and slaughtered in horrific ways.

I hated Silent Hill as well because it was so dark and twisted. I did not like it one bit and never got through it.
I am a fan of the walking dead series as well but I thought it was pretty damn violent especially to only be rated tv-14 but I guess blowing the heads of already dead humans off is ok...

Last edited by keepinitreal; 29-01-2011 at 09:55 PM.
keepinitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #42
notthisshitagain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tits mcgee View Post
The Japanese version of The Ring is very good, I wouldn't really consider The Sixth Sense a horror film, The Thing is one of the best and most visually disturbing horror films of the 80's, Rosemary's Baby is Polanski's high point, Blair Witch was okay and have never seen The Walking Dead although I've read the comic series which is good.

Personally I prefer obscure cheese and B grade horror, Italian zombie and cannibal films, Lucio Fulci's stuff, Dario Argento, generic slasher films, exploitation although I also have an extensive collection of classic horror films including just about every film Hammer put out.
I liked Rosemary's Baby. Specially the part where the old people were all like: "Hail Satan!" or some shit, hahaha!
notthisshitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #43
omegachaos

We have to remember that both Darkness and Light are themselves neutral,Darkness can be actually good sometimes and Light destructive.
And....we all have Dark side and Light side inside us...if you ignore Dark Side,things may happen and you lose control...so most important is to have control of both sides.
omegachaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #44
tits mcgee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notthisshitagain View Post
I liked Rosemary's Baby. Specially the part where the old people were all like: "Hail Satan!" or some shit, hahaha!
HAIL SATAN

tits mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #45
notthisshitagain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tits mcgee View Post
HAIL SATAN

Hahahahaha yeah! Jeez that part just cracks me up!
Old 29-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #46
deca

Quote:
You never hear anybody say that they want to go to hell when they die or that they enjoyed their nightmare last night so I don't get why some people say we should embrace the dark side of ourselves when it is negative energy and makes us feel terrible inside.

I getting bored with this light/dark binary kind of thinking black/white good/evil etc....humans are not one or the other...the belief only pushes people to extremes (not directed at you personal Lauren but just on general)

again we have certain things like fear flight or fight , aggression for a reason mainly to defend ourselves from predators...again in this society these throw social norms are suppressed ...so again its not my belief that you should consistently suppress them but know how to personaly control and release them appropriately.
Again trying to suppress these can let them build and fester which I believe is worse.

If you look at animals don't go on killing spree or really act evil I believe , they on a whole only attack for food, when threaten or protecting their young or if they are in pain etc....
It would also appear possible to create high fidelity speech in the human body, raising the possibility of covert suggestion and psychological direction...Thus, it may be possible to 'talk' to selected adversaries in a fashion that would be most disturbing to them."
United States Air Force Scientific Advisory Board, New World Vistas: Air and Space Power For The 21st Century
find out more website ==> https://decasfoxhole.wordpress.com/

Last edited by deca; 29-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.
deca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #47
notthisshitagain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegachaos View Post
We have to remember that both Darkness and Light are themselves neutral,Darkness can be actually good sometimes and Light destructive.
And....we all have Dark side and Light side inside us...if you ignore Dark Side,things may happen and you lose control...so most important is to have control of both sides.
Yep!

Old 29-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #48
wildhorse

i divent like horror movies, as the human body is sacred and to make entertainment of that getting mangled and shredded in lots of fear etc aint my thing. besides, im sure someones loved one somewhere has been murdered in such a way, and guess theyre wouldnt see the lightheartedness of it :/

but as for my dark side...yeah i torment the kitten, torment my bf and its done with a mischievous mutley laugh (so im told)

emotionally, yeah, dark stuff is there but jeez learnt so much from it and i think im coming out the other side (throws meself into tha light!!!!!)

but i refuse to give up the mutley bitch in me
wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #49
gizmocrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegachaos View Post
Thank god somebody gets it!!

We are a mixture of both, whether you want to admit it or not.
Lauren you have said people who like the saw films are psycho, is that not judgemental? (dark side)

If you were coming from a postion of light you would accept people for who/what they like without judging.

My weakness is that i too judge people when i should know deep down that i dont know what people have been through and made them what they are also what Karma they have to work out.

I love animals and when i read on this forum that people have been torturing them i feel HATE and i judge, it is natural.

It is so hard trying to be the best person and keeping ones thoughts in-check.

I think it takes dedication and maybe excluding ourselves from the modern world(like monks/buddists) would make this easier.

But we all have bills to pay/life to lead/heartbreaks/arguments/etc

we can only do our best!

Last edited by gizmocrystal; 29-01-2011 at 10:35 PM.
gizmocrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #50
porridge
Banned

Im trying to embrace my nice side, I lost a longtime ago. Never know whatcha got till ya lose it.

Bit of cheese for Lauren:

Join us Lauren! Together we can rule the Galaxy!
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #51
deca

who`s ever lived in the "light" ???

wasting your life trying gain what you can't obtain
even if you could wouldn't be considered a selfish act ???
It would also appear possible to create high fidelity speech in the human body, raising the possibility of covert suggestion and psychological direction...Thus, it may be possible to 'talk' to selected adversaries in a fashion that would be most disturbing to them."
United States Air Force Scientific Advisory Board, New World Vistas: Air and Space Power For The 21st Century

Last edited by deca; 29-01-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 29-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #52
subhuman

Because the dark side has all the best clothes
Old 29-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #53
zsymon
Inactive

That's a really weird definition of Light and darkness..

If Light were sometimes destructive, then it wouldn't be called Light. The
nature of Light is unconditional love, meaning never destructive, never
negative, never violent.. compassion, tolerance, forgiveness.

The light in cartoons and movies like Jedis and anime, is not real Light, it's
just fiction. There is no war between Light and darkness, since Light will
never fight or go to war, will never do battle.. unconditional love is that
what it says it is, unconditional.. it has no enemies. Darkness considers
the Light its enemy, but not the other way around.

There are no such things as Light warriors.. the Light heals, not wounds.

When I am attacked in the astral by a dark being, I just start sending it
Light healing energies. It'll start healing the beings wounds and removing
its illusions, and it won't be able to hurt me anymore, it will calm down,
usually with a surprised look on its face, and when it realizes its wounds
are gone and its restrictions removed, it will usually thank me and move
away.

My own personal ability to channel Light healing isn't strong enough to
have effect on a whole army of dark beings, but I can pacify single and
smaller groups of beings. The more powerful the being the longer it takes,
and with some very powerful beings, it doesn't work, and I have to get
back into my body.

That's the power of Light.. fighting fire with water.. it's just if the fire
is too strong, the water will evaporate. The more Light you learn to
channel, the bigger fires you can extinguish.

Light never causes harm.. it only ever heals and protects and supports.

An archangel fighting a demon is not Light fighting darkness.. it darkness
fighting darkness.. different dark factions fighting eachother.

Last edited by zsymon; 29-01-2011 at 11:00 PM.
zsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #54
deca

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
Because the dark side has all the best clothes
and they don`t act like moths
Old 29-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #55
deca

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsymon View Post
That's a really weird definition of Light and darkness..

If Light were sometimes destructive, then it wouldn't be called Light. The
nature of Light is unconditional love, meaning never destructive, never
negative, never violent.. compassion, tolerance, forgiveness.

The light in cartoons and movies like Jedis and anime, is not real Light, it's
just fiction. There is no war between Light and darkness, since Light will
never fight or go to war, will never do battle.. unconditional love is that
what it says it is, unconditional.. it has no enemies. Darkness considers
the Light its enemy, but not the other way around.

There are no such things as Light warriors.. the Light heals, not wounds.

what about lazer`s and sunburn?
Old 29-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #56
mo0n5tar
Banned

Quote:
You never hear anybody say that they want to go to hell when they die or that they enjoyed their nightmare last night so I don't get why some people say we should embrace the dark side of ourselves when it is negative energy and makes us feel terrible inside.
Sometimes there is a release when you realise you don't have to love everything, you don't have an obligation to be happy, to smile, to pretend you are enjoying something you are not..

The dark side of ourselves depends on what we make it, if we insist on suppressing rage, anger, resentment, bitterness etc, and do not confront these emotions when they arise (for fear of being rude, or "Brutally Honest") the darkside will be a pretty unbearable place, you will feel guilty for going there, and regret the things you saw.

I like to ask the question, how many of our generation, and our parents generation 45-60 grew up suppressing their actual feelings, and even convinced themselves to feel guilty for having those feelings of anger against authoritarian parents, teachers etc..?

How many of us respect our elders without them earning it> how many of us respect our elders for treating us like shit and behaving like Hitlers or irresponsible hedonists?
mo0n5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #57
deca

hmm this whole belief in "light" is another man made construct based on peoples assumption that light is pure and illuminating
Old 29-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #58
mo0n5tar
Banned

before light was darkness, intangible and obscure.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.”

Quote:
Creation ex nihilo (L. "from nothing") is thought to be the most common type of creation described in these stories. It is the type of creation described in the Genesis creation narrative in the Bible in Judaism and Christianity, and also in the Koran's Sura VII in Islam.[15][16] It is also known as "creation de novo". Besides in the Bible, Ex nihilo creation is found in creation stories from ancient Egypt, the Rig Veda and many animistic cultures in Africa, Asia, Oceania and North America.[17] In most of these stories the world is brought into being by the speech, dream, breath, or pure thought of a creator but creation ex nihilo may also take place through a creator's bodily secretions. The literal translation of the phrase ex nihilo is "from nothing" but in many creation myths the line is blurred whether the creative act would be better classified as a creation ex nihilo or creation from chaos. With ex nihilo, the potential and the substance of creation springs from within the creator. Such a creator may or may not be existing in physical surroundings such as darkness or water, but does not create the world from them. In creation from chaos the substance used for creation is pre-existing within the unformed void.[18]
from wiki

Last edited by mo0n5tar; 29-01-2011 at 11:17 PM.
mo0n5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #59
deca

hmm theres some lost souls in here.....
Old 29-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #60
gizmocrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo0n5tar View Post
Sometimes there is a release when you realise you don't have to love everything, you don't have an obligation to be happy, to smile, to pretend you are enjoying something you are not..

The dark side of ourselves depends on what we make it, if we insist on suppressing rage, anger, resentment, bitterness etc, and do not confront these emotions when they arise (for fear of being rude, or "Brutally Honest") the darkside will be a pretty unbearable place, you will feel guilty for going there, and regret the things you saw.

I like to ask the question, how many of our generation, and our parents generation 45-60 grew up suppressing their actual feelings, and even convinced themselves to feel guilty for having those feelings of anger against authoritarian parents, teachers etc..?

How many of us respect our elders without them earning it> how many of us respect our elders for treating us like shit and behaving like Hitlers or irresponsible hedonists?
Exactly, when i try to suppress the thoughts/feelings i have of a negative nature it makes me think about them even more, then i feel bad and then think i am not good enough and around and around we go.

When i accept its just a part of me i dont feel so bad,so i dont worry and feel more content with life and me being me.