Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #261
iamprobablynot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up_bomb View Post
Thankyou for the feedback. Firstly, I'm not sure I felt fully qualified to talk about the whole concept of consciousness, and how human-beings define themselves, and so on. But I was trying to imply that I believe that this transformation is necessary, and I think for the average person it has to begin from small steps. Most people are so far away from this that just getting them to behave with a small amount of social responsibility, just making them sacrifice a little bit of what they perceive to be their standard of living for the social good is difficult enough in itself. I think this is a good starting point. It's a good start, for example, that Tesco and Primark and other companies' participation, and other companies, has been demonised and actively opposed. However, I know in the long run it won't count for much if their stores and car parks continue to be jammed full of people.

I was going to bump this thread up at some point, actually, to say that two things, firstly that the publication of the hard copy has been delayed somewhat, I'm not quite sure when it's going to be but the publisher says this year sometime. Secondly, I've started writing another book. I can't say too much about it at the moment as it's in its very early throes, but I can say that it's about the BBC.
Bah - I really want to be able to read it "properly" (as - despite the impression generated to the contrary by my overly-long rants on here - I don't actually like reading things on screens...).

It's a fantastically well-written book and everyone who hasn't already done so should check it out. Look forward to the sequel w_u_b.
iamprobablynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #262
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Thankyou for the feedback. Firstly, I'm not sure I felt fully qualified to talk about the whole concept of consciousness, and how human-beings define themselves, and so on. But I was trying to imply that I believe that this transformation is necessary, and I think for the average person it has to begin from small steps. Most people are so far away from this that just getting them to behave with a small amount of social responsibility, just making them sacrifice a little bit of what they perceive to be their standard of living for the social good is difficult enough in itself. I think this is a good starting point. It's a good start, for example, that Tesco and Primark and other companies' participation, and other companies, has been demonised and actively opposed. However, I know in the long run it won't count for much if their stores and car parks continue to be jammed full of people.

I was going to bump this thread up at some point, actually, to say that two things, firstly that the publication of the hard copy has been delayed somewhat, I'm not quite sure when it's going to be but the publisher says this year sometime. Secondly, I've started writing another book. I can't say too much about it at the moment as it's in its very early throes, but I can say that it's about the BBC.
I hear what you're saying. Most people come by the information via a socio-political framework, which they're more familiar with. The spiritual and self development aspect is something that they may explore as they get further into studying, if they lean in that direction.

Will be interested to see your new book on the Beeb and hopefully it's in hard copy.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #263
lauren_almighty
Banned

Quote:
Secondly, I've started writing another book. I can't say too much about it at the moment as it's in its very early throes, but I can say that it's about the BBC.
I'm so jealous, I haven't even finished book 1 and you're on book 2. Good luck with that, I'm sure it will be great.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #264
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_almighty View Post
I'm so jealous, I haven't even finished book 1 and you're on book 2. Good luck with that, I'm sure it will be great.
What's your book about lauren?
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #265
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_almighty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamprobablynot View Post
Bah - I really want to be able to read it "properly" (as - despite the impression generated to the contrary by my overly-long rants on here - I don't actually like reading things on screens...).

It's a fantastically well-written book and everyone who hasn't already done so should check it out. Look forward to the sequel w_u_b.
Thankyou both, it's going to take me a while to do this one as I need to do a lot of research.

Regarding your book, Lauren, just keep plugging away. You might be jealous, but don't forget, you've got 11-12 years to catch me up! If you need any advice or assistance, you know where I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
I hear what you're saying. Most people come by the information via a socio-political framework, which they're more familiar with. The spiritual and self development aspect is something that they may explore as they get further into studying, if they lean in that direction.

Will be interested to see your new book on the Beeb and hopefully it's in hard copy.
I'm hoping that if my first one comes out and does okay that the same publisher will be interested in my second one. We shall see...
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote