Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 24-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #181
shadowmoon

They are holding pens to keep the youths off of the streets & little more than that.

Once you have been taught to read & have reached a certain reading maturity and ability, the whole idea of school education becomes pointless, as any subject you may care to learn you now have the ability to do so yourself.
shadowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #182
onlygodcanjudgeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyonddimensions View Post
The vast majority of school teachers are very caring and want to help kids.

However, the system is indeed designed to indoctrinate.
"Want to help kids?"

First we must separate "caring" and "want to help"

The "help" the "majority" of teachers want to give the children, is limited. The knowledge they teach, is what is given and provided.

Let me ask you a question....

Are teachers ONLY in schools?

I'm sure you know yourself that this is NOT the case! When you look at it like that, we are ALL TEACHERS.

You COULD well "care" for the child as a teacher in school, but "helping them" in this situation takes another form entirely.

Helping the child in what way?
What the government want the child to know?

If they really wanted to "help" the child, they would teach the opposite of that direction. No?

A teacher in my eyes, is what teaches the truth....and unlimited potential that is available IF (and IF you are prepared to) delve into it consciously. Not what is portrayed in a manipulated text book from the state in a "school."

Anybody that has done their time, should be in the know of this. It becomes like a programming domino effect, where one thing leads onto another. Combined with every problem we face in existence, the real cracks start to appear in "school."

(I've already given the reasons why school is wrong. One of the main reasons is to think you are better or above someone else, which leads onto.......(many a thing) )

The school (that we see and the majority of us have been through) is good for one thing and that is division, that is, if you can see any positive out of division. Not mathematical division, human division!

This would be only positive for in the case of the system that controls, correct?

This is not the way it is supposed to be, so in my natural opinion, these schools that we know of and have been through, are no way in any way shape or form, natural or needed.

This theory, of course is hit with a solid brick wall when we have the obvious inability of some parents to show the child the paths they are supposed to walk......that all comes down to "Why did they bring the child into the world, in the first place then?"

Out of their own ignorance and carelessness beforehand, they brought a human being into the world, that they was never in the form ready for.

......and I'm going to be totally honest with you here. Not beating around the bush or assuming, I don't know what to do about that. Unless people change!

I know what I can do, but I cant do for others in this case.

You maybe have already read this book:
If not, READ IT. You will understand that these are the TEACHERS we should learn from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrag View Post
I agree. I dont have children yet and im extremely careful about getting pregnant as also dont agree with abortions (other than in very extreme circumstances)
Many people dont think having kids though enough, I see it time and time again. Obviously like everything in life you cant plan every detail.

I wont be having children until im in the position to be able to homeschool them and for me to have all the tools I believe are needed for my child to thrive. Of course by not putting them in school people are worried of running the risk of them being social outcasts, but if they have hobbies and im sure parents have similiar minded friends who have children, they get to interact with other kids in that way. I dont think its healthy to have them not mixing with any other children and its not fair to deny them that. I wouldnt even 'homeschool' if I had the choice, I think all anybody should be learning ideally is how to hunt/pick food, water, the ins and outs of nature etc then after that it should be upto you.

The way the world is though we cant have that, if we want our children to live in nature, we have to work our butts off to be able to afford it. Many people dont want to and give in and have the defeatist attitude of 'im never going to have it, so might aswell just settle for this' the way the world is, should anybody be having children, there are enough out there for adoption and if you truely cared about the child, not your own biolgical need to reproduce would you bring them into the world if you couldnt offer them what you think is the best possible?

What is education in schools? Teaching children about how to fit into the monetary world. We dont know everything( adults like to pretend that they do or many would feel worthless) or anything for that matter just our own percieved illusion of the world. Fair enough your entilted to your opinion of what you think, but please dont subject it onto pure innocent beings that really we should be learning from instead of tainting them bit by bit.

Obviously children not going to school doesnt work either, I dont know anybody who dropped out of school or skipped it and wasnt doing something like joyriding or sat doing drugs, many parents would just not do anything with there children and for their children to be thinking things like that are okay, probably did or doing it themselves.

I think Vlaidimir megre's Anastasia should be teaching children
Brilliant post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyonddimensions View Post
Stop complaining and start your own business.
Here we go, again.
onlygodcanjudgeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #183
onlygodcanjudgeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmoon View Post
They are holding pens to keep the youths off of the streets & little more than that.

Once you have been taught to read & have reached a certain reading maturity and ability, the whole idea of school education becomes pointless, as any subject you may care to learn you now have the ability to do so yourself.
Correctimundo!

Read, read, read.

Knowledge is Power!

You can teach yourself, believe it or not.

onlygodcanjudgeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #184
lizzyking

Shit, don't waste your money on college either.

Quote:
NEW YORK — An unprecedented study that followed several thousand undergraduates through four years of college found that large numbers didn't learn the critical thinking, complex reasoning and written communication skills that are widely assumed to be at the core of a college education.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/01/18/106949/study-many-college-students-not.html
"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." - Frank Zappa
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #185
aheroicstand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." - Frank Zappa
College is essentially for status and connections. You can acquire the knowledge elsewhere, and if you're skilled enough and independent enough you can become self-employed or come up with other ways to show employers your capabilities other than a degree that puts you in serious debt.

Another quote from Frank:

"Drop out of school before your mind rots from exposure to our mediocre educational system. Forget about the Senior Prom and go to the library and educate yourself if you've got any guts. Some of you like Pep rallies and plastic robots who tell you what to read. "
— Frank Zappa
aheroicstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #186
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheroicstand View Post
College is essentially for status and connections. You can acquire the knowledge elsewhere, and if you're skilled enough and independent enough you can become self-employed or come up with other ways to show employers your capabilities other than a degree that puts you in serious debt.

Another quote from Frank:

"Drop out of school before your mind rots from exposure to our mediocre educational system. Forget about the Senior Prom and go to the library and educate yourself if you've got any guts. Some of you like Pep rallies and plastic robots who tell you what to read. "
— Frank Zappa
Not just status and connections, but perhaps essentially so. It is also often required by the gov't to obtain licensing to practice in some professions, which does impose some limitations on success in many fields if it is circumvented, but otherwise I agree with you that it is not a requirement. Nice, the additional Zappa quote
Old 24-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #187
picha
Banned

Quote:

Don't waste £25k of money you didn't have in the first place either, and then struggle for the rest of your life trying to pay it back.
picha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #188
lizzyking

Heh, when I was on Facebook (emphasis on "when", I escaped!) I entered "Black market, automath neurosurgeon" for profession. ~
Old 24-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #189
aheroicstand

Quote:
Not just status and connections, but perhaps essentially so. It is also often required by the gov't to obtain licensing to practice in some professions, which does impose some limitations on success in many fields if it is circumvented, but otherwise I agree with you that it is not a requirement. Nice, the additional Zappa quote
True. I've often questioned if that is the best way to handle things. You can't just let anyone practice in any profession they like, because incompetents will be drawn to professions with money and status rather than to careers they are more suited for.

In as many cases as possible you should let the market decide their competence, but with a profession like a doctor that would be incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.

For doctors we should be looking for the students who are the most capable of and most interested in becoming a doctor for the right reasons(healthcare) rather than the wrong reasons(money, status). I'm not sure the current system is inspiring students to get into medicine for the right reasons, considering how medical students wind up in severe debt.
aheroicstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #190
lyrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by indica View Post
I think school is ridiculous, by the end of it, the only thing you have been taught, is a bit of basic maths, science and English, generally not much more.

Not how to start a business(and run), not how taxes work, not how to be an entrepreneur, nothing about the economy, nothing that will essentially benefit you in the ''real'' world.

It's disgusting, as those things could be taught. EASILY.
I agree, I mean that is what schools are about arnt they, preparing people for somebody elses monetary world. When I was at school you could take buisness aged 14 but you had to do it out of school hours, how many kids goin to do that, or know how important it is compared to everything else they are learning. Most of us start learning after failing at the usual way of doing things
lyrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #191
no_world_order
Inactive

Exclamation Universities are fucked up as well.

Quote:
I agree, I mean that is what schools are about arnt they, preparing people for somebody elses monetary world. When I was at school you could take buisness aged 14 but you had to do it out of school hours, how many kids goin to do that, or know how important it is compared to everything else they are learning. Most of us start learning after failing at the usual way of doing things
I can agree. What pisses me off most ist the fact that (as mentioned before by others) this doesn´t even change hen you attend a university. Its just the same BS over and over...I was so disappointed when I first went to university, its beyond measuring...

most people there were so f*cking close-minded...I thought that people like this I would never see again after leaving school, but BAM! there they were all over again....

See, they were all very aware off how "elite" and "superior" they are, joking about craftsmen and other "not so well educated people", they all (I´m saying "all" until I will meet someone there whos different) think about how much money they´ll earn later...its all about "a big career", not about reasearching the true nature of nature itself (what a fucked up sentence ).

And believe me, I even met a guy (who was giving us lectures) who lost his employment as a professor, because he was questioning the global-warming-thing.

I always thought that people go to university to study life and the world itself, and to find the truth, or at least get a littler closer to it. Now I´m laughing about how stupid and naive I was...because they just want to "be right" (as in "right by aprovement of the scientific community) to get jobs and money and stuff.

Were are not tought to think and research, but to accept and work for the big companies. (I think I´ll go on about this in more detail in a new thread)

I could go on and on about the "career days" where people from big companies go to universities to catch people or to tell them "ok, we pay for your studies, but you have to work for us afterwards" (which means you have to take their opinion as well, of course.)

A Professor I knew once said:
"True Science is dead."
I say "Sad but true.", this guy was soo damn right.

And back to topic: It all starts with the elementary school...
no_world_order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #192
picha
Banned

Quote:
When I walk past the school near my house I often see the teachers getting them all to stand in a straight line when theres actually no real need for them all to stand in a straight line - the main reason we go to school is to be trained to follow orders.
picha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #193
decode reality
Inactive

School definitely teaches us to conform to a set of false values and data that you spend the rest of your life unlearning & debunking.

The structure of modern schooling is based on an old Prussian model, put in place because independent schooling at that time was making children anti government. It then got imported to the U.S and from there to the rest of the world, more or less.

I do like this song though - I was at school when it was released:

Last edited by decode reality; 26-08-2011 at 01:25 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #194
old_stag

I always get a feeling of dread when I hear a school bell ring.

But I did used to be a teacher.
"I know corries in Argyll that whisper silken to the wind with juicy grasses. Corries where the deer love to prance deep in the cool dew and the beasts of far-off woods come in bands at their seasons and together rejoice." from John Splendid by Neil Munro
old_stag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #195
lizzyking

Old 27-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #196
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_stag View Post
I always get a feeling of dread when I hear a school bell ring.

But I did used to be a teacher.
As an ex teacher, I'd like to relate something to you.

Where schools fail massively is in their inability to accomodate the uniqueness of each pupil, especially their passions and interests. I don't know if they're much better today, I was at school in the 70s. By the time I was 13, I was into music in a big way, i.e bands. When I got to school, it was like none of this mattered to the teachers....if they had been less stuck up or uptight about engaging with my interests, i'd have done far better in terms of exam results. But I just switched off - I saw the teachers as boring. And I was very bright, I enjoyed learning a great deal - up to that point.

Last edited by decode reality; 27-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote