Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Universe / UFOs / IFOs / Crop Circles

Old 15-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #41
chattanova

More Sky Spiral Mysteries in Canada and Germany
Quote:

“I thought first it was a tornado, but then it started to glow
and the stripe become brighter.”
- Virginia Vater, Gadebusch, Germany

January 15, 2008 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - This is where the "disc" and smoky corkscrew report began in North Tryon, Prince Edward Island, Canada, on December 26, 2007, around 5:45 PM.

The CBC story with a link and a video excerpt is:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edwa...l-mystery.html

Now two more reports have emerged with photographs: another from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and one in Gadebusch, Germany. Here are the Canadian and German emails with images attached for comparison to the original North Tryon, Prince Edward Island, images (videotape).

1) Subject: Another unidentified smoke spiral in Canada?
Date: January 14, 2008

To: [email protected]

“Hello Linda,

My mother (Teresa) who lives in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, noticed this weird ‘thing’ in the sky at about 5 PM MST on January 7, 2008.

The sun already was setting and darkness falling. She even got her binoculars out and she did not think that it was a cloud. Her first impression was an airplane in trouble, however she said that it stayed in the same position and hardly moved. Although she has a good camera, since it was getting quite dark, she had difficulties holding the camera still enough to take the picture. She said that she was not 100% positive, but looking at it, she thought that twice she saw a flashing light on the inside of the shape (but was not certain).

Dark, spiraling substance above Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
on January 7, 2008, at 5 PM Mountain

She told me that it stayed pretty well in the same place for at least 45 minutes. Apparently it moved slowly - very slowly in a northerly direction, which is odd since our prevailing wind normally comes from the northwest. This would make it going against the wind.

She also told me that this shape was truly pitch black and really stood out against the sky, which is what got her attention. She said that it was much blacker then it showed in her pictures. She figured the distance from her home to the object at several miles, maybe more.”

2) Subject: Smoke Spiral
Date: January 13 and 14, 2008

To: [email protected]

“Dear Linda Moulton Howe:

I just read your posting on Earthfiles.com about the “Canadian ‘Disc’ and Smoke Spiral Still A Mystery” and thought you might be interested in that as well:

http://www.svz.de/lokales/gadebusch/...debusch-1.html

I'm an Austrian living in Germany; therefore, if you are interested I could translate for you the basics of that German news article. It seems to me like there might be a similarity concerning that ‘smoke’ formation.”

Translation provided of above German newspaper URL about unusual aerial phenomenon and cell phone image in Gadebusch, a district/city in Mecklenburg-Voprommern between the cities Lübeck and Schwerin, Germany:

Mysteriöser Absturz bei Gadebusch

12. January 2008 | von Michael Schmidt

What fell from the skies? Was it a comet, a spy satellite, space debris or a UFO? That's the big question for pupils of the Gadebusche grammar school. During their English course, they noticed a phenomenon in the sky: a hundred meters high smoke column and a fire-tail.

“I thought first it was a tornado, but then it started to glow and the stripe become brighter,” says 16-year-old Virginia Vater. Virginia and her classmates took out their mobile phones to photograph. Her mate, Ellee Schallhorn, said: “We were all very excited. Our teacher allowed us to walk to the windows and make photos.”

Cell phone image of unusual spiraling light phenomenon
in sky over Gadebusch, Germany, by student Virginia Vater in January 2008.

Did they maybe photograph a UFO over Nordwestmecklenburg? “No,” Eilleen and Virgina said because they don't want to be ridiculed. Their best guess is that space debris went into the atmosphere and glowed.

The German Meteorological Service Potsdam excluded the possibility that a weather satellite went down: “We are not missing a satellite. Besides that, such a crash wouldn't cause that kind of phenomenon,” says Detmar Hartwig from the German Meteorological Service Potsdam.

report http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #42
chattanova

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO
Quote:
STEPHENVILLE, Texas - In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people — including a pilot, county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8, when most people reported the sighting.

Lewis said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes. Lights from the aircraft would seem unusually bright and may appear orange from the setting sun.

"I'm 90 percent sure this was an airliner," Lewis said. "With the sun's angle, it can play tricks on you."

Officials at the region's two Air Force bases — Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls — also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week. The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.

One man has offered a reward for a photograph or videotape of the mysterious object.

About 200 UFO sightings are reported each month, mostly in California, Colorado and Texas, according to the Mutual UFO Network, which plans to go to the 17,000-resident town of Stephenville to investigate.

Fourteen percent of Americans polled last year by The Associated Press and Ipsos say they have seen a UFO.

Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan said that he first saw red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving fast, but that even with binoculars could not see the object to which the lights were attached.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane, and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft — at least I hope it was."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_ufo_sightings

Old 15-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #43

Default Triangle

Last tuesday evening at approx 5.25 pm my girlfirend was driving back home after taking her daughter shopping .The road to our house is dark aand semi islolated not much traffic on it at any tiem really .Hers was the only car on the road at that time .She noticed a couple of lights in the sky turning towards her as she drove but then they came down lower bout twice the height of the houses so she opened the window thinking it was a helicopter not the plane as she first thought .There was absoultely no sound and as the object went overhead she had slowed to about a few miles per hour she saw it was an elongated triangle about the length of 4 or 5 buses .It sailed overhead and went off out towards the sea towards sandown area of the isle of wight .She was shouted and very animated when she came in i have never seen her that animated before !
the annoying thing was it was about a couple of hundred yards from our door if i had been looking out for her car coming back i would of seen it .
our neighbour who is into UFo phenomena since a sighting in the 60,s said the area is known for it he asked me if it was i nth e area she saw it befor e itold him about it .The craft she said had 2 lights underneath and had a blue tinge around the edge of it like led type lights .havent heard of anyone else posting about this on the south coast , i was waiting for her to post the report herself first , but here it is anyway .Government craft or alien ? any ideas
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #44
rynath
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
Last tuesday evening at approx 5.25 pm my girlfirend was driving back home after taking her daughter shopping .The road to our house is dark aand semi islolated not much traffic on it at any tiem really .Hers was the only car on the road at that time .She noticed a couple of lights in the sky turning towards her as she drove but then they came down lower bout twice the height of the houses so she opened the window thinking it was a helicopter not the plane as she first thought .There was absoultely no sound and as the object went overhead she had slowed to about a few miles per hour she saw it was an elongated triangle about the length of 4 or 5 buses .It sailed overhead and went off out towards the sea towards sandown area of the isle of wight .She was shouted and very animated when she came in i have never seen her that animated before !
the annoying thing was it was about a couple of hundred yards from our door if i had been looking out for her car coming back i would of seen it .
our neighbour who is into UFo phenomena since a sighting in the 60,s said the area is known for it he asked me if it was i nth e area she saw it befor e itold him about it .The craft she said had 2 lights underneath and had a blue tinge around the edge of it like led type lights .havent heard of anyone else posting about this on the south coast , i was waiting for her to post the report herself first , but here it is anyway .Government craft or alien ? any ideas
Wow that's a helluva sighting! With these triangle craft I always lean towards our own military but that's just speculation on my part. I bet she'll be looking up for quite awhile after that one

What I have noticed is the increasing number of people reporting these triangles from all over the world. I don't know if they're making themselves visible on purpose or if they just don't care if they're seen at this point. Cool report, thx for sharing.
rynath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #45
chattanova

Absolutely Bizarre Red Fireballs Hover Over Puerto Rico
Quote:
Puerto Rico - Fireballs Over Ponce

A report from Lucy Guzman, Ovni.net

A cellphone report received on Saturday 01.12.08. Domingo Morales phoned Andrew Alvarez to make a report on sightings in the City of Ponce. Mr. Alvarez told him to phone me. Mr. Morales reported the following:

1. His brother, a resident of Valle Alta, Ponce, told him that on Friday, January 4 2008 at 9:30 p.m,., his wife called him over to look at a fireball over their house. Upon going outside , he saw an immense ball of red fire. The wife didn't see it approach, rather she saw it suddenly appear and light up on the spot. It remained static for some 20 minutes at an approximate altitude of 300 feet. It spent 20 minutes lighting on and off. The fireball finally diminished the intensity of its color and began moving SW in a zig-zag pattern, going up and down. It had the apparent size of a baseball stadium floodlight.

2. On Saturday January 5, 2008 at 9:40 p.m., Domingo's brother phoned again, this time to have Domingo climb onto the rooftop of his house to see if it was possible for him to see the fireball, as he (the brother) was seeing it. Domingo lives in Los Caobos, but was unable to see the object from his home. According to Domingo's brother, the fireball was over the same site, above his house and exhibiting the same behavior.

At 10:40 p.m., the fireball reappeared. This time, Domingo's brother saw it with nearly all of his neighbors. One of the neighbors was able to photograph it with a cellphone. On this occasion, a twin-engine plane flew over the area 15 minutes after the fireball vanished. This [fireball] did not appear suddenly, it came in from [the town of] Adjuntas.

3. On Sunday, January 6, 2008, Domingo and his wife decided to visit Domingo's brother to see if the were lucky enough to see the fireball. Just as they got out of the car, at 9:30 p.m., they saw two white balls of light to the SW which appeared to be joined. They looked like two orbs to the naked eye, but binoculars revealed them to be two plate like objects joined together. These were higher up, at some 5000 feet. (Domingo is a pilot, and is therefore able to calculate altitude better than the average witness). In plain sight they looked like two joined golf balls. They separated a minute later -- one heading south and another to the north.

5 minutes later, Domingo phone FURA [P.R. police aerial reconnaissance] and was told that they were going to send their helicopter for a look. Domingo never saw the helicopter engage in a fly-over. Domingo recalls that while he observed the two orbs, a woman and her daughters stopped to ask him if they were seeing the fireballs. She added that the fireballs had been visible since November in that location, becoming apparent between 9-10 p.m. and as early as 5 p.m.

4. No sightings were reported on Monday, January 7.

5. Today, Saturday, January 12, Domingo will return with a camera in an effort to take pictures of the objects.

http://www.rense.com/general80/biz.htm

Old 15-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #46
chattanova

Quote:
Thanks for sharing with us 2013 Amazing how many sightings there been of those latley.

Old 15-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynath View Post
Wow that's a helluva sighting! With these triangle craft I always lean towards our own military but that's just speculation on my part. I bet she'll be looking up for quite awhile after that one

What I have noticed is the increasing number of people reporting these triangles from all over the world. I don't know if they're making themselves visible on purpose or if they just don't care if they're seen at this point. Cool report, thx for sharing.
She was thinking governemnt at first but when she watched it go overhead she said it shimmered like it was underwater or maybe coming in from another dimension , i never put that earlier as she was out at the time .That made me also think hologram? would a hologram work at night time especially if it was largely black maybe that could account for the lack of sound just a thought , but then where would the source be it would need to be close by or would it more questions than answers to that one also could you project a hologram from above to be seen from underneath
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 05:29 AM   #48
rynath
Inactive

Quote:
She was thinking governemnt at first but when she watched it go overhead she said it shimmered like it was underwater or maybe coming in from another dimension , i never put that earlier as she was out at the time .That made me also think hologram? would a hologram work at night time especially if it was largely black maybe that could account for the lack of sound just a thought , but then where would the source be it would need to be close by or would it more questions than answers to that one also could you project a hologram from above to be seen from underneath
Shimmering underneath as well? That is definately a sight she'll never forget. I've ran the hologram idea through my brainpan many times as well. Who knows what technology we've got at this point? It may be part of a psy-ops program or a legitimate alien craft. It's reports like yours that keep me scratching my head and looking for more information. I'm sure you already know but if either of you would like to document the sighting there are a lot of sites out there that would love to have it. I visit this one often...

http://www.hbccufo.org/

Until we have more proof or answers we'll have to keep looking up I really need to get a camera!
Old 16-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #49
king triad
Banned

I saw a fireball change into a triangular ship..it appears thats one of their cloaks...when people are sighting these fireballs flying around it's a triangular ship..
king triad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #50
chattanova

Mystery signal picked up in Puerto Rico

Quote:
Has E.T. Made A Call?

BERKELEY, Calif. -- Across the globe, researchers searching for signs of life in space were abuzz this week with word that a mystery signal has been picked up by a giant radio-telescope in Puerto Rico.

Now the dilemma is -- how do you answer it?

Dan Wertheimer of the UC Berkeley SETI Project, said the dilemma is compounded by the fact that the signal may never be completely decoded.

"We probably won't be able to decode it," he said. "We'll know something's out there, but we won't know much about their civilization."

Meanwhile, Seth Shostak of the SETI Institute, said he was hopeful that future technical advances will eventually point scientists in the right direction.

"I'm cautiously optimistic we'll find something by the year 2025," Shostak said.

Later this year, scientists were scheduled to gather to determine what the return message should be.

"Personally, I'm not worried about signaling our presence to the stars, to begin with maybe the aliens are friendly, maybe they're hostile who knows," Shostak said. "But even if they're hostile, it's a long way to go -- to come here and molest us."

According to the famous Drake Equation, astronomers estimate there are an estimated 10,000 intelligent civilizations just in our galaxy, the nearest one is likely very far away, but many scientists urge caution when it comes to initiating contact.

They say it may be foolish, even dangerous for earth to assume we know all the risks.

"I don't think earthlings should transmit messages right now," Wertheimer said. "We're an emerging civilization; we're just getting in the game… We're just learning how to do this and we really don't know what we're up to, so we need to be careful."

When asked on the street, Bay Area residents voiced a variety of messages that should be sent.

Oakland's Elvis Meeker suggested a simple warm greeting.

"Hello, welcome," he said.

Jonathan Harding, of Oakland, had a lighthearted response.

"Don't eat us," he said.

Samantha Swing suggested asking for help in solving the planet's problems.

"Any materials you'd like to give us to help… We're running out of oil," she said.

Whatever the message, a recent poll revealed that people wanted one to be sent out. So now scientists will gather to figure out what that message will be.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/15054540/detail.html

Includes news report (VIDEO)

Old 16-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #51
greenleaf
Banned

make sure it isn't one of these...

greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #52
rynath
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post
Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO
This Texas report made National Public Radio today. The military tried to brush it off as lights reflecting off airliners. The radio host tried to brush it off as the Marfa lights (caused by car headlights)...but the reporter corrected them both and said this was unlike either of those explanations. Good for him. There are few UFO sightings that make national news so I was glad to hear it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=18146244

Last edited by rynath; 16-01-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 16-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #53
chattanova

Quote:
This Texas report made National Public Radio today. The military tried to brush it off as lights reflecting off airliners. The radio host tried to brush it off as the Marfa lights (caused by car headlights)...but the reporter corrected them both and said this was unlike either of those explanations. Good for him. There are few UFO sightings that make national news so I was glad to hear it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=18146244
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
..."People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."...
...doesent sound like 'car headlights' to me

Old 16-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #54
chattanova

Default something big is going on, but if its official why

Mystery Signal from Outer Space Heard by Arecibo

World's largest dish radio telescope,
Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Image courtesy Cornell University
and National Science Foundation.

Quote:
KTVU-TV, Channel 2 in San Francisco Bay area, reported yesterday: “Across the globe, researchers searching for signs of life in space were abuzz this week with word that a mystery signal has been picked up by a giant radio-telescope in Puerto Rico. Now the dilemma is -- how do you answer it? Dan Wertheimer of the UC Berkeley SETI Project, said the dilemma is compounded by the fact that the signal may never be completely decoded.
‘We probably won't be able to decode it,’ he said. ‘We'll know something's out there, but we won't know much about their civilization.’”

Back on November 16, 1974, the Arecibo radio telescope was used to send humanity's first message into outer space, which contained basic information about Earth's fundamental chemicals of life, the formula for DNA, a crude diagram of our solar system, simple pictures of male and female human beings and the diameter of the Arecibo dish. See: KTVU-TV.

http://www.earthfiles.com/
If this have gone official shouldn't it been all over the news then??

Last edited by chattanova; 16-01-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 17-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #55
rynath
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post
Mystery Signal from Outer Space Heard by Arecibo

World's largest dish radio telescope,
Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Image courtesy Cornell University
and National Science Foundation.

If this have gone official shouldn't it been all over the news then??
Holy Flircking Shnits! Isn't this what everyone has been waiting for? I notice the KTVU-TV link provided at the end had the article pulled from their site. Linda Howe is one hell of a researcher so I'll have to find out more about this. Coast to Coast will bring it up tonight I'm sure.

Maybe a mod can copy this over to the general or today's news section to get some more eyeballs on it.

Last edited by rynath; 17-01-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 17-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #56
rynath
Inactive

Hey what do you know....Coast to Coast is covering the SETI signal in the above posts tonight!

"First Hour: Seth Shostak of SETI comments on a mysterious ET signal."

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
http://seti.org/

Personally, I haven't been too happy with previous SETI guests on Coast to Coast so my hopes are not very high for any kind of truth...but who knows.

Stream Coast to Coast for free here:
http://www.am1500.com/listen.shtml
Old 17-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #57
chattanova

Quote:
Holy Flircking Shnits! Isn't this what everyone has been waiting for? I notice the KTVU-TV link provided at the end had the article pulled from their site. Linda Howe is one hell of a researcher so I'll have to find out more about this. Coast to Coast will bring it up tonight I'm sure.

Maybe a mod can copy this over to the general or today's news section to get some more eyeballs on it.
If this is like the 'wow signal 2' this should been announced everywhere.
(yeah I know how it works with the mainstream media.. but if it's already is gone official why not print it everywhere so they can scare the hell out of the most of us earthlings, thats for sure what they like to do so...)
I can't stop thinking at the movie 'contact' now ...don't know if the machine would have the same purpose in real life though...

Old 17-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #58
chattanova

Default this is fuc+ing awesome folks!!!

Mystery Radio Burst from Outer Space

Quote:
“The sudden burst of radio energy lasted only 0.005 seconds,
and had spectral characteristics that suggested that it was from a distant galaxy,
probably billions of light-years from us." - Seth Shostak, Ph.D., SETI Institute

‘We probably won't be able to decode it,’ he said. ‘We'll know something's out there, but we won't know much about their civilization.’

full report
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...tegory=Science

Old 17-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #59
rynath
Inactive

I listened to the program last night and to say I came away a bit confused is an understatement.

First he said it wasn't the Puerto Rico dish that picked up the signal, it was one in Australia. Next he said the signal wasn't picked up last week like the original tv report said... but instead an entire month ago. He then went on to talk about misquotes and confusion among SETI members about what was happening. In short, it took him 2 minutes to downplay the entire event. Why did a reputable news site get involved in the first place?

Bottom line is there was a signal picked up unlike any other they have ever heard. They mentioned decoding the signal, how they were unsure how to answer it and even went as far as mentioning another civilization.

All of this left me wondering how the hell they would have their act together if another signal was picked up. Towards the end of the interview he was asked about government interference to keep such knowledge away from the public. He admitted there would be nothing SETI could do and they would have to follow whatever orders were given.

My mind is going 20 different directions on this case...when that happens it tells me something doesn't add up.
Old 17-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #60
chattanova

Quote:
I listened to the program last night and to say I came away a bit confused is an understatement.

First he said it wasn't the Puerto Rico dish that picked up the signal, it was one in Australia. Next he said the signal wasn't picked up last week like the original tv report said... but instead an entire month ago. He then went on to talk about misquotes and confusion among SETI members about what was happening. In short, it took him 2 minutes to downplay the entire event. Why did a reputable news site get involved in the first place?

Bottom line is there was a signal picked up unlike any other they have ever heard. They mentioned decoding the signal, how they were unsure how to answer it and even went as far as mentioning another civilization.

All of this left me wondering how the hell they would have their act together if another signal was picked up. Towards the end of the interview he was asked about government interference to keep such knowledge away from the public. He admitted there would be nothing SETI could do and they would have to follow whatever orders were given.

My mind is going 20 different directions on this case...when that happens it tells me something doesn't add up.
Very confusing indeed. I don't know if it's a cover up going on or what...

Cover Up By SETI ?

Has a SETI Signal Been Detected
A news story from television station KTVU, Oakland (California) that appeared on the internet on January 15 has led some to believe that a credible radio signal from space may have been recently detected - a signal that might be ascribable to extraterrestrial intelligence.

This story, while obviously exciting, is somewhat misleading, and derives from some miscommunication between the reporter and Dan Werthimer, who runs the University of California, Berkeley SETI program.

Dan was describing Berkeley's new instrumentation for detecting very short radio pulses - a signal type that might be used by extraterrestrials to "ping" our world to get attention. He also mentioned the detection of such a pulse, a few months ago (not "last week", as reported in the internet story). That pulse was actually recorded by the Parkes Radio Telescope, in New South Wales, Australia several years ago during a search for pulsars, but only recently looked at by researchers at West Virginia University as they sifted through these old data. Their results were published on September 27 of last year.

The sudden burst of radio energy lasted only 0.005 seconds, and had spectral characteristics that suggested that it was from a distant galaxy, probably billions of light-years from us. Since the burst was seen only once, it is as yet unclear what produced it, although many scientists suspect that it was caused by the collision of two highly dense neutron stars. Radio astronomers are planning a search for more such radio bursters, as they may be a new (and clearly interesting) type of natural phenomenon.

This signal doesn't seem to have anything to do with SETI searches (and wasn't found as part of any such search), although until more "bursters" are found, its true nature will remain mysterious. It is certainly not claimed to be a SETI detection. For such a claim to be made, a signal would have to not only have the characteristics of a deliberate transmission, but would also need to be observed more than once - in order to verify its position on the sky, and to rule out the kind of brutal cosmic event that is probably responsible for the burst reported in September.

http://www.seti.org/news/features/ha...n-detected.php