Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 13-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #261
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
no but the captains likely were

sailors were often people 'press ganged' into service by navy ruffians who would go to alehouses and drop the kings shilling into a persons pint when they weren't looking

if a person drank their ale to the dregs to reveal the coin then legally they could be forced into service in the navy

so people started putting glass bottoms into their ale tankards to check if there was a coin in there before they drank

if you resisted being press ganged they would likely club you over the head with a shillelagh and carry you aboard the ship
Aye, matey!

The British people like anyone else followed the money. I don't much see any social conscience to say no in those times.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #262
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Aye, matey!

The British people like anyone else followed the money. I don't much see any social conscience to say no in those times.
you just ignored what i said

common folks were forced into service

the freemasonic elites pursued profit within the empire however many sailors broke free when they could and set up their own pirate crews that were more democratic with everyone allowed to vote in a council. the captain ruled by consent and had to respect the wishes of the crew unless they were in combat in which case his word was followed until the hostilities had passed
Old 13-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #263
white light

Quote:
you just ignored what i said

common folks were forced into service

the freemasonic elites pursued profit within the empire however many sailors broke free when they could and set up their own pirate crews that were more democratic with everyone allowed to vote in a council. the captain ruled by consent and had to respect the wishes of the crew unless they were in combat in which case his word was followed until the hostilities had passed
Were the pressgangers themselves freemasons or did they come from stock of the general populace?
Old 13-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #264
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Were the pressgangers themselves freemasons or did they come from stock of the general populace?
they may well have been brethren. I guess in each case it might differ but it would make sense for a captain to use men he felt had a bond of loyalty to him
Old 13-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #265
white light

Quote:
they may well have been brethren. I guess in each case it might differ but it would make sense for a captain to use men he felt had a bond of loyalty to him
Press ganging mostly only happened in times of war. Which admittedly was probably an often occurrence.

But this veers away from the fact that men would join the both the royal and merchant navies to make money from the trade winds.

Last edited by white light; 13-02-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 13-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #266
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Press ganging mostly only happened in times of war. Which admittedly was probably an often occurrence.

But this veers away from the fact that men would join the both the royal and merchant navies to make money from the trade winds.
tens of thousands of people were press ganged

how many people joined the navy for other reasons who can say?

as i have pointed out above many people were uprooted during that time and then left without work or land

why is it so hard for you to accept that british people got a shitty deal?

you know what they did after the industrial revolution? they conscripted millions of men into the army and sent them into the meatgrinder of the trenches in world war 1. Then 20 years later they did it again to their sons

Did you know that they only created the national health service because they were so shocked at the poor health of the recruits that they decided that to ensure a supply of fighting men for the future they needed to improve public health

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 13-02-2018 at 04:22 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #267
mranderson

Quote:
I'm not sure what people expect from these political parties. A change in human nature? I guess not, as it appears to be human nature to put trust in political parties and leaderships. I can't really think of very many that have genuinely appeared to have had the interests of the people at heart. Call me skeptical, but I don't really trust them, and I can't think why you do.

And whilst a nationalist, populist or libertarian party may say sweet things about purity and nationhood to get the people on their side, how the heck do we know that they are not gonna turn out to be a bunch of criminals, or worse when in power? And judging by how the past has shown us that people can so easily be led and co-erced into committing appalling atrocities in the name of purity and nationhood it makes sense to be wary.

If a party gets into power on the notion of defending against genocide, cultural or otherwise, what policies are they going to implement on the back of that kind of rhetoric? It's basically saying that elements within the country want to eradicate you. What kind of policies would be implemented to identify and eradicate these so called genocidal elements? Like for like perhaps? It only takes one of these leaders to be a psycho nutter, a cut above the average psycho nutter leader type, to have the whole world plunged into hell.

Now you may say that I am being alarmist. Fair dos. I personally think that notions of cultural genocide are alarmist. Like for like. A little taste of what it's like listening to you guys.

So everyone's being alarmist. Whoop-de-do. How do we combat that?

People don't need political systems. They need what they need. Food, shelter, a bit of love, and something interesting to do. Basic stuff. Oh, and music of course.

goodness me lad ! content !

perhaps it is time to give the average person more credit in so much as they have long realized the enemy is within their own halls of power , not so much an existential threat from an ever changing ''outsider ''

and no I don't think it's wise to keep pinning hopes and dreams on a broken system , my signature reflects that '' they might drain the swamp but the snakes are still in the grass ''

but like I said , maybe it's time to give the average person some credit instead of going with the MSM talking points of everyone being a raysis or a xenophobe

and to put it bluntly , the people of a nation have more right to determine their own future than a group of people who want to take advantage of the social benefits within that nation

to put it bluntly , policy should not be written based on what is best for people who haven't even arrived in the nation yet nor are willing to understand what it took to make that nation a decent place to be

I would go one further than the majority of the populist parties and say there needs to be a minimum requirement of personal standards signed by new arrivals where they agree to be given a chance to stay and make something of their life but if they break the contract then adios and bon voyage , no appeals no '' but I didn't know it was not OK ''

that goes for those who take public office too , because another thing we can both agree on is there is no culpability for elected leaders unless they somehow fall foul of the banking cabal and then they get their ass handed to them in public scandal

and no, neither does electing a new face under the same banking cabal scam change much

which like I said , amazes me because 10 -15 -20 years ago people were out protesting the emergence of globalism and consolidation of financial power

and now it seems the cabal have managed to raise a generation who are so vehemently for globalisation they appear to be on message at every turn with the whims of the banking cabal

They might drain the swamp but the snakes are still in the grass

It's symbolic of his struggle against reality
mranderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #268
white light

Quote:
tens of thousands of people were press ganged

how many people joined the navy for other reasons who can say?

as i have pointed out above many people were uprooted during that time and then left without work or land

why is it so hard for you to accept that british people got a shitty deal?

you know what they did after the industrial revolution? they conscripted millions of men into the army and sent them into the meatgrinder of the trenches in world war 1. Then 20 years later they did it again to their sons

Did you know that they only created the national health service because they were so shocked at the poor health of the recruits that they decided that to ensure a supply of fighting men for the future they needed to improve public health

It's not. My opinion is that all work is exploitation and by and large the populace are complicit.

Have you ever tried to bring up the subject of worker exploitation in a workplace? I have, and my fellow workers didn't like it. They have the work ethic ingrained to the point of hostility. And I'm talking about both Guardian reading lefties and Daily Mail reading righties.

Last edited by white light; 13-02-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 13-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #269
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
goodness me lad ! content !

perhaps it is time to give the average person more credit in so much as they have long realized the enemy is within their own halls of power , not so much an existential threat from an ever changing ''outsider ''

and no I don't think it's wise to keep pinning hopes and dreams on a broken system , my signature reflects that '' they might drain the swamp but the snakes are still in the grass ''

but like I said , maybe it's time to give the average person some credit instead of going with the MSM talking points of everyone being a raysis or a xenophobe

and to put it bluntly , the people of a nation have more right to determine their own future than a group of people who want to take advantage of the social benefits within that nation

to put it bluntly , policy should not be written based on what is best for people who haven't even arrived in the nation yet nor are willing to understand what it took to make that nation a decent place to be

I would go one further than the majority of the populist parties and say there needs to be a minimum requirement of personal standards signed by new arrivals where they agree to be given a chance to stay and make something of their life but if they break the contract then adios and bon voyage , no appeals no '' but I didn't know it was not OK ''

that goes for those who take public office too , because another thing we can both agree on is there is no culpability for elected leaders unless they somehow fall foul of the banking cabal and then they get their ass handed to them in public scandal

and no, neither does electing a new face under the same banking cabal scam change much

which like I said , amazes me because 10 -15 -20 years ago people were out protesting the emergence of globalism and consolidation of financial power

and now it seems the cabal have managed to raise a generation who are so vehemently for globalisation they appear to be on message at every turn with the whims of the banking cabal
Fine. No problems with that. It's when people start using words like genocide that it starts to go beyond the pale, and that alarmism can be directed at all sides.

Last edited by white light; 13-02-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 13-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #270
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
It's not. My opinion is that all work is exploitation and by and large the populace are complicit.

Have you ever tried to bring up the subject of worker exploitation in a workplace? I have, and my fellow workers didn't like it. They have the work ethic ingrained to the point of hostility. And I'm talking about both Guardian reading lefties and Daily Mail reading righties..
i was a trade union shop steward during a dispute so i've seen a little of the dynamics at play first hand
Old 13-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #271
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Fine. No problems with that. It's when people start using words like genocide that it starts to go beyond the pale, and that alarmism can be directed at all sides..
there are different kinds of genocide and they can take place over different timeframes

for exmaple if your culture is dilluted by mass immigration so that no one cares about it or your history anymore then that is cultural-genocide
Old 14-02-2018, 09:23 AM   #272
truth seeker 09

truth seeker 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:27 AM   #273
white light

Quote:
there are different kinds of genocide and they can take place over different timeframes

for exmaple if your culture is dilluted by mass immigration so that no one cares about it or your history anymore then that is cultural-genocide
British culture is more diluted by emigrant culture (American) than any immigrant culture.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #274
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
British culture is more diluted by emigrant culture (American) than any immigrant culture.
sure, but if we take a long view of this issue then we can see a process of cultural dilution, suppression and even outright destruction that has been going on for a long time

yes christianity has played a part in that for example by stamping its religious sites over existing places of spiritual significance and by placing its festivals over older festivals and by placing its saints over older gods but at least there is still some link there...a determined person can still mine down into that and find truth

there have been other influences as you say like american pop culture but the point i'm making about the use of mass immigration is it is like an etcher sketch; you have an existing culture and then when you shake the etcher sketch it dissapears. So if you replace one group of people with another then those people will not only have no folk memory of their cultural past they will have no interest in even mining down to find out more about that; everything becomes lost

there is also the issue of the link with land. Many british people feel a deep connection with these isles not least because the bones of their ancestors rest in its ground but also because they feel a connection to the places. However if you come in from elsewhere those places have no cultural significance for you and you then have no interest in them and are more likely to look for your own roots outwith that place

so what happens is a snapping of the link with the past and that is the process that orwell warned us about in his book '1984'. He had worked in the propaganda department of the BBC during the war and he learned what ideas the fabians were talking about then. He then went to a remote scottish island to write his novel warning people about their ideas, which we see now coming into fruition more and more by the day

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 14-02-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #275
white light

Quote:
sure, but if we take a long view of this issue then we can see a process of cultural dilution, suppression and even outright destruction that has been going on for a long time

yes christianity has played a part in that for example by stamping its religious sites over existing places of spiritual significance and by placing its festivals over older festivals and by placing its saints over older gods but at least there is still some link there...a determined person can still mine down into that and find truth

there have been other influences as you say like american pop culture but the point i'm making about the use of mass immigration is it is like an etcher sketch; you have an existing culture and then when you shake the etcher sketch it dissapears. So if you replace one group of people with another then those people will not only have no folk memory of their cultural past they will have no interest in even mining down to find out more about that; everything becomes lost

there is also the issue of the link with land. Many british people feel a deep connection with these isles not least because the bones of their ancestors rest in its ground but also because they feel a connection to the places. However if you come in from elsewhere those places have no cultural significance for you and you then have no interest in them and are more likely to look for your own roots outwith that place

so what happens is a snapping of the link with the past and that is the process that orwell warned us about in his book '1984'. He had worked in the propaganda department of the BBC during the war and he learned what ideas the fabians were talking about then. He then went to a remote scottish island to write his novel warning people about their ideas, which we see now coming into fruition more and more by the day
It's merely the elephant in the room that you never allude to let alone address.

And it's much more than pop culture.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #276
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
It's merely the elephant in the room that you never allude to let alone address.

And it's much more than pop culture.
i have addressed it before

once they destroy your authentic homegrown culture what do you think they want to replace it with?

with a homogenised, globalised, corporate psuedo-culture thats what

you may have seen me post the following clip before of the theoretical physicist kaku who is a NWO proponent that gets lots of airtime on TV; he says anyone who resists a world government is a 'terrorist'

Listen to him outline his views here that the internet is a global telephone system and that we should have one language and one culture. he describes that culture as madonnas music, arnold schwarzneggers movies and blue jeans...

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 14-02-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #277
iamawaveofthesea

here's madonna sporting the illuminati communists freemasonic pyramid that they have put on the back of the central bank issued fiat currency, the dollar; madonna is a kabbalist....a new order of the ages:

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 14-02-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #278
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mranderson View Post

that's what the PROGRESSIVE agenda has been about...selling globalism to people based around radicalising different IDENTITY groups and then giving them a reason to wage a culture war against their target population of choice
Old 14-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #279
white light

Quote:
i have addressed it before

once they destroy your authentic homegrown culture what do you think they want to replace it with?

with a homogenised, globalised, corporate psuedo-culture thats what

you may have seen me post the following clip before of the theoretical physicist kaku who is a NWO proponent that gets lots of airtime on TV; he says anyone who resists a world government is a 'terrorist'

Listen to him outline his views here that the internet is a global telephone system and that we should have one language and one culture. he describes that culture as madonnas music, arnold schwarzneggers movies and blue jeans...
Madonna's music? Arnie's movies? FFS!

On halloween, all hallows eve, I don't know of any kids that dress up as Kali or African witchdoctors. No impact upon my culture whatsoever. I don't even know what equivalent festivities these immigrant cultures have or when they are practiced. No, what I've had is kids knocking on the door saying "trick or treat", something pretty much unheard of in my youth. I never went trick or treating. That is a direct impact on our culture. And not from any immigrant.
Old 14-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #280
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Madonna's music? Arnie's movies? FFS!

On halloween, all hallows eve, I don't know of any kids that dress up as Kali or African witchdoctors. No impact upon my culture whatsoever. I don't even know what equivalent festivities these immigrant cultures have or when they are practiced. No, what I've had is kids knocking on the door saying "trick or treat", something pretty much unheard of in my youth. I never went trick or treating. That is a direct impact on our culture. And not from any immigrant.
and who do you think pushed aggressive trick or treating instead of friendly guising?

where do you see that depicted all the time? In hollywood movies and in TV programmes

But once again you have to understand that this process of cultural destruction is ongoing

so just because halloween hasn't been removed entirely from its roots yet doesn't mean that the PC police won't see it eradicated altogether in time

In fact aggressive trick or treating could provide them with the excuse to ban it under law as 'harrassment' in a problem, reaction, solution process