Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #201
brainfreeze
Inactive

Look, the next time I come in here I want to see you in a white coat with petree dishes, test tubes and microscope. If you're going to disect this vid out of curiousity and post an opinion the least you can do is present it like you earn a living from this, lest you show yourself up as some ignoramous and not the enquiring mind you are.

Got that?

Good.

Now get undress!

Foobar, there is nowt wrong with pretty sound speculation to start, which I guess is where most scientist start, slowly working to the point of proof, is there?
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #202
foobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
You're totally mad on these numbers!

You come up with some numbers, I don't know what numbers you're talking about
You said '10 yards in 3 seconds' at first, to try and underscore that it couldn't be a human in a suit. I calmly pointed out to you that a human on all fours can cover 10 yards in 3 seconds.

Quote:
I don't need any numbers to know it's not a man in a suit.
That's why you're not being scientific. You're relying on flawed intuition which is subconsciously biased by the natural desire to want the world to contain exciting things.

Quote:
Can you really not see that?
I just don't jump to wild conclusions in the same way you do. I don't know for sure what it is, but you want to rule out plausible possibilities without doing basic analysis. It could easily be viral marketing for a movie. You can't demonstrate that it's not CGI or a man in a suit by simply repeating 'It's not a man in a suit!' in an adamant tone.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #203
foobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
Foobar, there is nowt wrong with pretty sound speculation to start, which I guess is where most scientist start, slowly working to the point of proof, is there?
The speculation so far is ruling out plausible possibilities without doing very basic analysis. People are acting like they want this to be evidence of a cryptid, or something supernatural.

That's not how science proceed. Real scientists know they are just as vulnerable to this kind of thinking as anybody else, and that's why the scientific method exists.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #204
forestgrump

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
Look, the next time I come in here I want to see you in a white coat with petree dishes, test tubes and microscope. If you're going to disect this vid out of curiousity and post an opinion the least you can do is present it like you earn a living from this, lest you show yourself up as some ignoramous and not the enquiring mind you are.

Got that?

Good.

Now get undress!

Lol. Seconded. Take a step back for a minute to reevaluate, Foobar. I'm sure you're not really as arrogant and righteous as you sound at the moment.
forestgrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #205
brainfreeze
Inactive

So, what appeared to be a case number on the film tin, has anyone called the relevent authorities (what area did this happen in again) to see if they have record of a cold case that corresponds with the number on the tin?

Forget science and go to the source perhaps?
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #206
foobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgrump View Post
Lol. Seconded. Take a step back for a minute to reevaluate, Foobar. I'm sure you're not really as arrogant and righteous as you sound at the moment.
It only sounds like that to you because you don't want to think about the other alternatives. Listen to the 'paranormal' side of the debate here: 'it just is', 'that's ridiculous', 'no human could'. People are confusing 'really wanting something cool and paranormal to be true' with 'being open minded'. They aren't the same thing.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #207
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I just don't jump to wild conclusions in the same way you do. I don't know for sure what it is, but you want to rule out plausible possibilities without doing basic analysis. It could easily be viral marketing for a movie. You can't demonstrate that it's not CGI or a man in a suit by simply repeating 'It's not a man in a suit!' in an adamant tone.
There's nothing in the film to indicate it's anything other than footage of an unidentified animal.

Suggestions that it could be a man in a suit or CGI are only being floated because it's such an odd-looking creature. You need to show evidence that can support either one of those possible explanations, not the other way around.

Take measurements, numbers etc...

If you're really that blind that you can't tell the difference between an animal and a man pretending to be an animal, that's a little project for you to waste your own time on.

And if you want to demonstrate that it's possible with CGI, you'll need to post me a clip with comparably seamless and realistic digital effects.

If you reply to this, don't repeat yourself again. This is going nowhere.

Last edited by size_of_light; 03-08-2009 at 12:55 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #208
forestgrump

Quote:
It only sounds like that to you because you don't want to think about the other alternatives. Listen to the 'paranormal' side of the debate here: 'it just is', 'that's ridiculous', 'no human could'.
Not really. I'm quite prepared to accept its something mundane, as I'm sure are others. It could turn out to be a bear or another known animal but I just don't think it will turn out to be a person. I would happily accept any evidence that you have to the contrary but since you don't I guess I'll just muddle along. I'm quite aware of the reasons for scientific methodology etc. but
I'm afraid I left my laboratory at home today so I'm just going to have to make do with innocent speculation and I speculate that you could not make the movement that we see the subject of the film make. Prove me wrong?
forestgrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #209
foobar

Quote:
There's nothing in the film to indicate it's anything other than footage of an unidentified animal.

Suggestions that it could be a man in a suit or CGI are only being floated because it's such an odd-looking creature. You need to show evidence that can support either one of those possible explanations, not the other way around.

Take measurements, numbers etc...
The onus of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. Insisting on a cryptid from such shakey footage is an extraordinary claim. Shakey footage with poor image quality is a great way of disguising cheap special effects.

Quote:
If you're really that blind that you can't tell the difference between an animal and a man pretending to be an animal, that's a little project for you to waste your own time on.

And if you want to demonstrate that it's possible with CGI, you'll need to post me a clip with comparably seamless and realistic digital effects.

If you reply to this, don't repeat yourself again. This is going nowhere.
I could post any number of scenes from movies which would look even more convincing, were you not to have foreknowledge that they were movies.

Last edited by foobar; 03-08-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #210
size_of_light

Quote:
I could post any number of scenes from movies which would look even more convincing, were you not to have foreknowledge that they were movies.
Do it.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #211
graflok

Quote:
Yes, do it. I'd like to see them too.

graflok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #212
foobar

You've been watching viral marketing for this movie.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #213
biblegirl

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsgl-AQ8E_Q

wow that's 3 minutes 5 seconds of my life i'll never get back
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #214
graflok

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsgl-AQ8E_Q

Well, you've shown evidence that Benicio Del Toro is an over rated actor
but I see no evidence of your viral marketing claim. Got any?

And, I'd still like to see you make good on this claim of yours:

Quote:

Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 AM   #215
ytch

Default Incredible Thread!

Thanks s.o.l. for all the effort.

And I agree, you can intuitivly say it´s not a man in a suit,
my first thought "well, obviously a misplaced gorilla,
but there are truly valid points to rule that out.

And yeah, I desperatly wanna see foobar and some of his friends
running around in furry costumes trying to create some similiar footage!

DO IT, PO- LEASE!

And you said you COULD post a bunch of CGI- scenes
which show that it´s possible to create something that original.

I wanna see!

All CGI footage I´ve seen so far, and I´ve seen a fair share,
was imediatly decoded as "plastic- image, not real"
by both my guts and brain,

so please AMAZE me and keep your promise to post your share of "prove".

Or let´s just leave this kindergarden- level of communication.

Thanks,

Love & Laughter,

y

too old to grow up....

Wake Up and Smell The Fish!
ytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #216
gripit

Wow, been away for a while. Good work size_of_light, biblegirl etc. I'll look into it further this week.

I've read some other forums on the subject. Many people believe it's a dog in a suit. I suppose that's possible, but I ain't buying it.
gripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #217
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripit View Post
Many people believe it's a dog in a suit.
Do they really?

To what crazy lengths are people prepared to go to before they simply acknowledge that they're viewing an animal they're not previously familiar with?

Last edited by size_of_light; 05-08-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #218
disorder2k8
Inactive

I think its a broom in a horse in a man in a woman in a dogsuit
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #219
graflok

Like this?

Last edited by graflok; 05-08-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #220
gripit

Quote:
Do they really?

To what crazy lengths are people prepared to go to before they simply acknowledge that they're viewing an animal they're not previously familiar with?
Yup, dog in a suit, lol! I surfed a few forums Plenty of ppl say Wolverine as well, but as I pointed out earlier, it looks to be much bigger than one of those vicious animals. Others say unreported gorilla zoo escape. Also, it's legal to have exotic animals in America, so others think it's some sort of cat or something. Me, I'll go with Wolverine/Bear/Gorilla/Dogman ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8 View Post
I think its a broom in a horse in a man in a woman in a dogsuit
...or that!
gripit is offline   Reply With Quote