Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Conspiracy/Truth Researchers > General - The Researchers

Old 31-08-2014, 05:49 AM   #41
urbanprisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atredies View Post
This is why I think Terence Mckenna was for real,
He is the enemy of those who work hard to control the public.

"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
― Terence McKenna
Excellent quote, thank you
urbanprisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #42
siphersh
Inactive

Hi, guys.

I listened to some David Icke talks some time ago, I find them interesting, but to be honest I'm just here for the Terence McKenna discussion, if that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem82 View Post
he was good, however there is a clip/mp3 of him admitting to be cia or fbi, he admits atleast they pay.. so take everything he says carefully

still was a good guy, im sure u can find that clip somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Hey, naeem82. That's been thoroughly debunked right in this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooey View Post
I really want that to be true.. as much as anyone does easily.. However I am not sold on it yet.. If anyone can give me more info Id be truly greatful..

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1yFZRmFsw#t=15714

I don't even understand how anyone can unwittingly misunderstand this. You don't become an "alien ambassador" by being recruited by the US government. That doesn't make any sense.

Being recruited for some mysterious mission by those seemingly autonomous entities in the DMT or psilocybin trance is a very central theme in his talks. What he's referring to is this concept of trying to relate to those entities, making sense of this relationship.

Supertzar linked a typical segment in post #11, but you don't even have to go further than that same seminar.

In many languages the word ‘shaman’ means ‘go-between’.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1yFZRmFsw#t=5695

“[...] that you would burst into some place somewhere where there would be these chattering, self-transforming, linguistic creatures, that are made out of light and punning intentionality, and are trying to get you to perform some unimaginable task that is somehow caught up with the unravelment of the space-time continuum and the destiny of the species, and so forth, and so on…"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1yFZRmFsw#t=11190

The entities inside the DMT trance are real entities. [...] This then has to be taken seriously. Questions like where are they, who are they, what do they know. [...] Are these things here for no reason? [...] Is there a message? Is there a purpose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1yFZRmFsw#t=18048

I don't think that it's easy to misunderstand that. It's weird that some people seem to misunderstand it.

By the way, in that same talk he also talks about conspiracy theories, which is ironic, because it's like a response to those accusations, which are referencing the same talk:

The cultural enterprise is not being managed. It’s out of control. Which is good news, I think. Because if it were under control, it would probably be under the control of someone with plans not terribly pleasant for the rest of us. I think the great good news is that the cultural process is expressing its own dynamic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1yFZRmFsw#t=2038

He never said that no one is trying to take control. He specifically said that obviously, there are groups who are trying. He just didn't believe that they are succeeding.

His idea about history was that it's the manifestation of something fundamental that's much bigger than any of our puny worldly aspirations. He believed in Nature, and he was an optimist. That's why he didn't think that any large conspiracy can be successful in the long run.
siphersh is offline   Reply With Quote