Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > 9/11 & 7/7

Old 21-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
bryan

Default BBC were at Battery Park on 9/11

This information's been around since at least December 2007, but for some reason it hasn't received much attention. In my view this story is more embarrassing for the BBC than the Jane Standley episode.

original footage at the archives:
(fast forward to 4:03)

http://www.archive.org/details/bbc200109110916-0957

shorter version on youtube:

At 9:20am (18 minutes after the second impact), the BBC World news anchor says: 'And we've got another eyewitness to that accident or explosion at the World Trade Centre. Jane Beresford joins us now. Jane, what can you tell us?'

Jane Beresford then speaks via a telephone connection for almost 2 minutes, describing in an English accent how she and others were standing at Battery Park Ferry Terminal waiting for a ferry when, approximately 15 to 20 minutes after the first explosion, a plane flew over their heads and 'crashed into the other tower'.

At 9:30am the same interview is repeated, but is interrupted by a statement from George Bush.

At 9:32am the same interview is repeated in full.

Jane Beresford is never mentioned again on BBC World for at least the rest of the day's broadcasting.

As the Stroud News and Journal confirms, the Jane Beresford who was at Battery Park and Jane Beresford the Radio 4 producer are one and the same:

Quote:
On September 11, she was making a BBC programme in New York and was standing under the twin towers as they were hit.
http://archive.stroudnewsandjournal....7/17/2211.html

At no point in the broadcast was it stated that the eyewitness was a BBC producer, and viewers would have assumed she was a member of the public. (Blu Peter revisited.) It's suspicious enough that the US TV companies used their own employees as eyewitnesses to the attack, but at least they introduced them as such!

A search for 'Beresford' on this forum yeilds: 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'

The youtube video above, posted by sidlittle, has only been viewed 676 times since December.

Even Simon Shack, who has dealt with the issue of fake witnesses, totally missed this one.

There's very little information on the internet about this woman, but google 'Jane Beresford' + BBC and you'll find links to articles about some of her radio 4 productions. These tend to focus on 'personal stories', but often there's a propaganda element to the background such as the Bali Bombing, the evil Sadam Hussein, or Islamic extremism in general. Last year she produced a programme on Paul Wolfowitz and the World Bank, presented by the BBC's Washington correspondent and Neo-con arse-licker, Justin Webb. What's most striking is that she doesn't seem to have produced much over the years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ts/3141173.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7177208.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4640606.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6904878.stm

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...=all&x=63&y=11
bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
monkey
Inactive

AMAZING INFO, well done sir, please do not let this get hidden in the '911' boards, I think you should re-phrase the info so it could be posted again in 'GENERAL ' and not get consigned top the 911 board where many don't look as they KNOW it was inside job

This BBC info relates to the whole issue of propaganda
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
lightgiver

The pit is indeed becoming darker and deepernot seen this one.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
stealth_0073
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
The pit is indeed becoming darker and deepernot seen this one.
its fake!!! its a voice recording played into live tv lol!! using sampler machines
i wonder if jeff hill could phone this lady up and ask her story now.
stealth_0073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
monkey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_0073 View Post
its fake!!! its a voice recording played into live tv lol!! using sampler machines
She certainly does not sound 'shaken up' or emotional at all
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
endlessvista
Inactive

I lived in New York for years and I am almost 100% certain that you could not see the Twin Towers from the Ferry Terminal. There are loads of buildings in the way. Really talls ones that completely block the view fromthat vantage point. The ferry has to be way out in the river for the tops of the towers to come into view.

The ferry terminal is also a closed building with a roof. She is lying about seeing the planes crash into the towers from the ferry terminal. She would need x-ray specs.

I am not sure what to think of 911, but I can say for certain that this is a bogus eyewitness account. She is either an attention seeking nut or she making the story up for BBC news. I must say she sounds very relaxed about it all too.

Sounds like she is calling from some phone as well, the audio quality is amazing with no background noise.

Yellow lines indicate lines of sight from Battery ferry terminal. There is no view of the towers from that part of lower manhattan. She is either a fraud nut or the BBC is telling pork pies.

Last edited by endlessvista; 22-09-2008 at 12:46 AM.
endlessvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
This information's been around since at least December 2007, but for some reason it hasn't received much attention. In my view this story is more embarrassing for the BBC than the Jane Standley episode.

original footage at the archives:
(fast forward to 4:03)

http://www.archive.org/details/bbc200109110916-0957

shorter version on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BPZV3EgwtA

At 9:20am (18 minutes after the second impact), the BBC World news anchor says: 'And we've got another eyewitness to that accident or explosion at the World Trade Centre. Jane Beresford joins us now. Jane, what can you tell us?'

Jane Beresford then speaks via a telephone connection for almost 2 minutes, describing in an English accent how she and others were standing at Battery Park Ferry Terminal waiting for a ferry when, approximately 15 to 20 minutes after the first explosion, a plane flew over their heads and 'crashed into the other tower'.

At 9:30am the same interview is repeated, but is interrupted by a statement from George Bush.

At 9:32am the same interview is repeated in full.

Jane Beresford is never mentioned again on BBC World for at least the rest of the day's broadcasting.

As the Stroud News and Journal confirms, the Jane Beresford who was at Battery Park and Jane Beresford the Radio 4 producer are one and the same:

http://archive.stroudnewsandjournal....7/17/2211.html

At no point in the broadcast was it stated that the eyewitness was a BBC producer, and viewers would have assumed she was a member of the public. (Blu Peter revisited.) It's suspicious enough that the US TV companies used their own employees as eyewitnesses to the attack, but at least they introduced them as such!

A search for 'Beresford' on this forum yeilds: 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'

The youtube video above, posted by sidlittle, has only been viewed 676 times since December.

Even Simon Shack, who has dealt with the issue of fake witnesses, totally missed this one.

There's very little information on the internet about this woman, but google 'Jane Beresford' + BBC and you'll find links to articles about some of her radio 4 productions. These tend to focus on 'personal stories', but often there's a propaganda element to the background such as the Bali Bombing, the evil Sadam Hussein, or Islamic extremism in general. Last year she produced a programme on Paul Wolfowitz and the World Bank, presented by the BBC's Washington correspondent and Neo-con arse-licker, Justin Webb. What's most striking is that she doesn't seem to have produced much over the years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ts/3141173.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7177208.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4640606.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6904878.stm

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...=all&x=63&y=11

this does not surprise me at all !

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
lightgiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_0073 View Post
whatcha talkin about willisits fake,yeah its all fake,especially the official 911 report

and that steel being shipped off as well stealth?

Last edited by lightgiver; 22-09-2008 at 12:50 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
mercuryrapids

Good find, bryan. Well done.
mercuryrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
She certainly does not sound 'shaken up' or emotional at all
A reporter isn't supposed to sound emotional. Durrr....
I can no longer have fair and intelligent conversation with people here, without them resorting to the use of personal attacks. I have been targeted as a scapegoat for my defensive actions. I cannot discuss new topics and stop the rampant amounts of misinformation when it happens, where it applies. If it can happen to me it can happen to you.
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
banoyes
Banned

Quote:

This is why the fact no planes were involved in the WTC attack is so protected.
It completely rips the mask off the world wide cabal.
There is no "news"
Just propaganda of the NWO
Good Find
banoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
I think you should re-phrase the info so it could be posted again in 'GENERAL ' and not get consigned to the 911 board where many don't look as they KNOW it was inside job
Not sure how I can do that now it's already a 9/11 thread. Maybe somebody could post a message in 'General' to send people over here.
Old 22-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
qasrose
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Not sure how I can do that now it's already a 9/11 thread. Maybe somebody could post a message in 'General' to send people over here.
if people want to respond too it then they will check this thread out.

Last edited by qasrose; 22-09-2008 at 06:29 PM.
qasrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #14
sidlittle

Quote:

Yeah, I originally did post this up on a couple of forums but looks like neglected to here for whatever reason.

But I agree, Jane Beresford's 'witness' account has been overlooked somewhat and I thank you for bringing it up.

To quote Killtown
Quote:
This is the only other person allegedly at Battery Park along with Michael Hezarkhani and Carmen Taylor which both of them were supposedly on the tour boat and took practically the same footage of the 2nd plane, yet no one else released footage or gave a statment they were on that boat. Looks like only 3 people were at Battery Park that morning with one of them being a BBC employee!
As you found out for yourself Bryan, info on Beresford is scarce. I wonder if she'd open up to 'Jeff'.. ?
sidlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #15
killtown

Great find guys!

She's the only other person reportedly in Battery Park on the morning of 9/11.

Here are the other two: The 2urists

So that begs the question, where in the hell are all the other people in Battery Park that morning who should have been there?
Old 24-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #16
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtown View Post
Great find guys!

She's the only other person reportedly in Battery Park on the morning of 9/11.

Here are the other two: The 2urists

So that begs the question, where in the hell are all the other people in Battery Park that morning who should have been there?

Analysis....

1.) Do you know if other people didn't have camera equipment?

2.) Do you know how long it takes to set up camera equipment?

3.) Why do you think people would be in a park this early in the morning?

4.) Why are you stereotyping all Asians?

5.) What if these people didn't have their camera's ready for the first or second hit because they were in grief stricken panic?

6.) Why shouldn't they save their film, erase their film, or post their film if they did record anything at all; just because Killtown says so?

7.) Conjecture is not proof of actual reality, it is speculating on events of which you do not have a connection.

8.) The crappy taste in music means to demean and attack people connected to this event; its no wonder more witness don't come forward; since people like you are ridiculing them, as in blame the victims; NPT only hurts and harms the reputation of further 911 investigation.

9.) Welcome to Killtown! Demean, Smear, Defame, and Insult as Needed. The fruits of Killtown and NPT labor.
I can no longer have fair and intelligent conversation with people here, without them resorting to the use of personal attacks. I have been targeted as a scapegoat for my defensive actions. I cannot discuss new topics and stop the rampant amounts of misinformation when it happens, where it applies. If it can happen to me it can happen to you.

Last edited by mynameis; 24-09-2008 at 01:13 PM.
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #17
bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
Why do you think people would be in a park this early in the morning?
It's not just a park - it's the name of an area of New York which includes a ferry terminal. Jane Beresford says she was waiting for a ferry at Battery Park ferry terminal, so if there was a ferry due it's reasonable to suppose that a few people were waiting for it.
Old 24-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #18
bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidlittle View Post
As you found out for yourself Bryan, info on Beresford is scarce. I wonder if she'd open up to 'Jeff'.. ?
I doubt it. The other Jane was too busy with her BBC work to have a chat with him.
Old 24-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #19
dogsmilk
Banned

'm just curious as to why people think this stuff is so significant:

a/Someone from the BBC is in New York on 911. A slightly more striking 'coincidence' than someone working for the BBC being in Manchester on a given day. I believe they do have a New York office.

b/They talk as an eyewitness. Media people being used as eyewitnesses is 'suspicious' despite media employees who actually witnessed the event being easy to get hold of, probably likely to call the office of their own volition and hand instant good coverage without having to go out and find witnesses off the street, easy to bag as 'exclusives' for their employer and likely to be far more coherent and articulate on air than your average punter.
They don't say she works for the beeb which they're under no obligation to do and probably seems a rather trivial observation compared with planes crashing into the twin towers.

c/A google search appears to show they haven't done too much work for the beeb.
As we all know, if it doesn't show up on a google search, it never happened and/or isn't real and/or doesn't/never did/never will exist.
The work they did do was pretty standard BBC fare to most people, but is apparently also sinister propaganda despite being unremarkable.

d/They couldn't see anything from inside the ferry terminal and the fact they didn't explicitly state they stepped from under any cover to see what was going on means that they definitely didn't.
Though Killtown helpfully provides a picture on his youtube epic showing people queuing under no cover at all.

e/(As previously noted by MNI) Someone with BBC broadcasting experience failed to wail and gnash her teeth sufficiently. If she had done so, it would inevitably be stated by Killtown he knows 100% she's acting because he thinks she sounds like she was.

f/The fact that everyone in the vicinity of the Battery Park hasn't made themselves known to The Mighty Killtown and ensured any footage and photos they possess is available on the internet clearly demonstrates no-one saw any planes except three dirty shills who are liars and 'perps' (this again is The Law of Teh Interwebs which states if you can't find it on the net, it doesn't exist). If one or two more emerge, they will be shills too, Heck, it will be 'the perps' producing new stuff because they know Killtown is on to them.

I'm not being funny, but I can see why this “hasn't received much attention”. Where is the actual evidence of anything rum being afoot here?

The world was today rocked by the dramatic revelation that a BBC producer happened to be in New York on 911 and happened to be interviewed saying she'd seen the second plane hit. The New World Order has collapsed and people are fucking in the streets in the wake of this utterly banal disclosure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis

The crappy taste in music means to demean and attack people connected to this event; its no wonder more witness don't come forward; since people like you are ridiculing them, as in blame the victims; NPT only hurts and harms the reputation of further 911 investigation.
I think this is a really good point. Killtown was challenged about setting mass death to pop music ages ago on the UK 911 forum (before leaving in a sulky strop after not being given moderator powers so he could stifle his critics). His profound response was something about “If you don't like it, don't listen to it”. I may be reading too much into things to suggest that because NPTers need to convince people everything is a film, they have to make it seem like a film and do everything possible to create a sense of unreality; or maybe they're just callous, I dunno.

Last edited by dogsmilk; 24-09-2008 at 10:02 PM.
dogsmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #20
jalexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsmilk View Post
I think this is a really good point. Killtown was challenged about setting mass death to pop music ages ago on the UK 911 forum (before leaving in a sulky strop after not being given moderator powers so he could stifle his critics). His profound response was something about “If you don't like it, don't listen to it”. I may be reading too much into things to suggest that because NPTers need to convince people everything is a film, they have to make it seem like a film and do everything possible to create a sense of unreality; or maybe they're just callous, I dunno.
I don't understand how you can view a video called The 2urists, that is about the tourists at battery park (or lack there of) that is set to a song about tourists, and then come up with this kind of crap. I dunno maybe just maybe he chose the song simply because it was about tourists.. you know the same thing his video was about.. maybe?
jalexander is offline   Reply With Quote