Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 12-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
aronia

Post Youtube video : Freedom is just an illusion

Last edited by aronia; 12-03-2017 at 07:05 PM.
aronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
grandmasterp
Banned

Could be.
However.. 'Illusion' or not - if you ask any jailed-prisoner to choose between freedom and jail.
They aint gonna choose jail.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 12-03-2017 at 03:11 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
the apprentice
Inactive

What about the rest who are imprisoned for sixteen hours a day like we were once treated during our industrial revolution, chained to the rhythm of supply and demand by those who demand.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
JustMe418

What is freedom? some would say its the choice to live in any way you wish to do but that isnt going to work as that will always cause conflict with somebody, at which point you have to compromise or give way, with a resultant loss of 'freedom'.

People are not really free anyway as they are bound by the conditions of human nature, so are always a prisoner to something or other. Maybe its wiser to just make the best of the situation you are in rather than chasing an abstract ideal? how many wars have been fought over the idea of freedom when thats the last thing it brought?
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
What about the rest who are imprisoned for sixteen hours a day like we were once treated during our industrial revolution, chained to the rhythm of supply and demand by those who demand.
And who would that be? I dont know anybody who works 16 hours a day every day, but I do know loads of people who have never done a days work in their lives yet live quite comfortably.
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe418 View Post
What is freedom? some would say its the choice to live in any way you wish to do but that isnt going to work as that will always cause conflict with somebody, at which point you have to compromise or give way, with a resultant loss of 'freedom'.

People are not really free anyway as they are bound by the conditions of human nature, so are always a prisoner to something or other. Maybe its wiser to just make the best of the situation you are in rather than chasing an abstract ideal? how many wars have been fought over the idea of freedom when thats the last thing it brought?
Good call.
More often than not those who start wars or revolutions promising 'freedom' end up as just a new set of bosses if they win and take power.
Way I see freedom is more personal.
Up until early retirement in 2014 I worked a professional job and was ruled by my diary and timetables. I also had 'bosses' some OK, others not so OK.
Was a union rep hence often in conflict with bosses.
Enjoyed the job but it did take up a lot of time and could be quite stressful at times.
Nowadays , from choice not necessity; I work a part time self employed job where I can choose when and how hard I work . No bosses apart from my customers and they are lovely. Odd times I get an awkward one I can just say.. "Sorry but I won't be back."
Freedom , to me; is having the luxury of time to be able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
And who would that be? I dont know anybody who works 16 hours a day every day, but I do know loads of people who have never done a days work in their lives yet live quite comfortably.
Try one of the leading manufacturers around the world today, China comes to mind.

It also depends on how one terms comfortable.

Last edited by the apprentice; 14-03-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 14-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
Try one of the leading manufacturers around the world today, China comes to mind.

It also depends on how one terms comfortable.
Well they live under a different political class with different rules. Those conditions would be illegal in the UK.
Old 14-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Well they live under a different political class with different rules. Those conditions would be illegal in the UK.
Rules change as our skills are constantly redistributed, like the rules of our own country began to say it was cruel to lock people in our own factories for 16 hours a day during the 19 century.