Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 23-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #21
smoothcriminal

You are mistaken dude

Windows 10 is free from a security point-of-view. Win XP/7/8 has all been cracked open by Russian and Chinese and other's cyberweapons. This is the reason why Win 10 is a free upgrade, to plug the holes and reestablish some sort of cybersecurity for the commercial- and private sectors.

Win 7 and 8 and XP are all NSA spyware and hardly anything you do will change that fact. Only MAJOR editing of Windows hex-codes and cracking the OS can make the box 'silent', ok?

It is possible with win7 RT source as install medium to create a win7 box that is both 'silent' and anynymous on the internet, however such a modification of the OS is not for everyone as it requires master-degree level knowledge of the OS and how it operates.
Old 23-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #22
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothcriminal View Post
You are mistaken dude

Windows 10 is free from a security point-of-view. Win XP/7/8 has all been cracked open by Russian and Chinese and other's cyberweapons. This is the reason why Win 10 is a free upgrade, to plug the holes and reestablish some sort of cybersecurity for the commercial- and private sectors.

Win 7 and 8 and XP are all NSA spyware and hardly anything you do will change that fact. Only MAJOR editing of Windows hex-codes and cracking the OS can make the box 'silent', ok?

It is possible with win7 RT source as install medium to create a win7 box that is both 'silent' and anynymous on the internet, however such a modification of the OS is not for everyone as it requires master-degree level knowledge of the OS and how it operates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLiozMpqV80

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny
Old 23-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
cosmic tramp

You can be restively assured if they truly wish to spy on you they will find a way of doing so, whatever level of Windows you may or may not have. Make no mistake about it.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #24
jhar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
You can be restively assured if they truly wish to spy on you they will find a way of doing so, whatever level of Windows you may or may not have. Make no mistake about it.
I don't doubt it. But we shouldn't help them by making it easier than it already is.
jhar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #25
anonamongstmany

Wink

Maybe we all should just CC in GCHQ on every email we write
anonamongstmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #26
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamongstmany View Post
Maybe we all should just CC in GCHQ on every email we write
I wouldn't bother it all goes on their files anyway

They also have computer algorithms seeking out keywords which will then be flagged upto a caseworker who can read the content and assess your threat level

You could send them a christmas ecard though. Just put in certain words and someone will read it!
Old 23-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #27
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamongstmany View Post
maybe we all should just cc in gchq on every email we write
lol!
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #28
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
I wouldn't bother it all goes on their files anyway

They also have computer algorithms seeking out keywords which will then be flagged upto a caseworker who can read the content and assess your threat level

You could send them a christmas ecard though. Just put in certain words and someone will read it!
What should be the keywords or key sentence other than 'Seasonal Greetings, I wish you a bombastic Christmas'?
Old 23-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #29
kasalt

Check out this link:

Windows 10 violates your privacy by default, here's how you can protect yourself
kasalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #30
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
What should be the keywords or key sentence other than 'Seasonal Greetings, I wish you a bombastic Christmas'?
'I hope you have a blast'...?
Old 23-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #31
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasalt View Post
Thanks for the link but as if this will prevent your personal data from being transmitted??? nah don't believe it.
Old 16-12-2015, 09:19 PM   #32
rigsby

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum, but thought it worth the risk of double-posting.

I was reading today that Microsoft is getting rather aggressive with its attempts to force the Win 10 upgrade on unsuspecting users:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...tonight-pop-up

There's [arguably] no such thing as a free lunch.... or a free operating system from Microsoft; they're very keen for users to update for some reason.

But uptake of Win 10 has been fairly mediocre, which is odd given that it's "free". Maybe users have something more valuable than mere cash that Microsoft wants its hands on.... their personal data perhaps.

Anyway, some practical things we can do to keep it at bay (other than switch to linux, which is probably the best option):

1) Use the nifty 'I don't want windows 10' tool to remove the nagware (and the update that installed it in the first place):

Available here:
https://github.com/rn10950/I-Dont-Wa...ws-10/releases

And a review here:
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/06/10/i-d...ndows-7-and-8/

2) Change your Windows update settings from automatic to the 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install' option.

3) Remove the nasty updates which may have been installed without you realising:

KB3075249
KB3080149

There's a great little guide that talks you through how to do this nice and simply:
https://www.hackread.com/microsoft-u...dows7-8-users/

Go to near the bottom of the article for clear and explicit step by step instructions on how to (a) check to see if you have these updates, and then (b) remove them.

4) Once removed they will undoubtedly reappear again when Windows next checks for updates.

If you switched off the automatic installation of Windows updates (as per item 2, above), then you can browse through the list of waiting/pending updates, find the two naughty ones (as per item 3, above), and (a) uncheck them, and (b) right click on them and select 'Hide update'.

That should do for a while, although I daresay Microsoft will find new ways to get the nag/spy-ware on to our computers again in the near future.
rigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #33
atredies

I went back to XP some time ago when my Windows 7 had updated itself and started to fuck up.

And I see that I'm not the only one.

I Like the comment from Wayne Pennington
Quote:
I am going to list a few reasons I may be going back to XP! Yes I said back. Why? I have been using computers since DOS. I have upgraded to the latest since. DOS, Deskmate, DOS 6, Windows 3.1, 95, 98, 98se, ME, XP 1-2-3-PoS, Vista, 7,8,8.1, plus Mac's since the 90's.

But folks I'm sick of buying new software all the time. I'm sick of never becoming an expert on any software. I was a master at Dreamweaver but not anymore. I was a master at Office, but not anymore.

I'm sick of the app stores and new upgrades. I paid for Angry Birds, but now it has ads. I paid for Bento (Database) 3 times and now history, must buy Filemaker!

My Dell T5400 cost the price of a good used car. But not a single Windows 10 driver is approved for it!!! Yes it works fine with old drivers, but this is a scam to sell new crap!!! Continuity does not work on Mac Pro, have to spend $3000 on a new one, even though mines still clocks at 12000 on geekbench. Most new Mac's are slower than my 8 core Xeon.

I own Media Studio Pro, $389 but will not work with Windows 7,8.1,or 10. At my business we had a windows 2000 computer, (Automotive Diagnostics) run for 13 years straight without a single problem. NONE. Until an IT guy that owed me money broke it! How? By insisting it have windows 7 on it! The hard drive was very small and 7 caused it to take 5-10 min to boot. Then when trying to go back to 2000 I could not find my Key, so to the dumpster. (Not worth putting an IDE drive in) I asked him how long he had been an IT guy. He said 10 years. I started laughing. I said "you know very little about computers". Now Win 10 is key logging and people are defending this!!! Apple's cloud service gets hacked, people still defend them.

iPhones batteries lasting 18 months, their still selling. Just got used to Yosemite and iMovie, (Can not afford to buy new professional software) and they changed it up again! When will this end. I get far less done now than I did 15 years ago. People that praise all this new software all the time DO NOT DO ANYTHING BUT PLAY GAMES AND SURF! I use my computers to get "stuff" DONE.
atredies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #34
Ooberman

^^ That was handy to know about Opera Web Browser and Windows XP!
As it goes I'm having some trouble with Chrome and Firefox on the XP I use. I think it's mainly to do with 'Flash' keep wanting to upgrade with those two browsers. I will give Opera a go and see how I get on

The XP version I use came from here btw..
(some drivers were already in the custom XP OS and SP3!) http://www.nomaher.com/forum/

This one is also good.. http://getintopc.com/

I use this on every OS.. http://www.updatefreezer.org/

Screen res.. 1440 by 900 on a Dell Optiplex 760 + LG Flatron W2234S Monitor.

From what I've learnt so far it all depends on what Hard Drive you have in your tower, laptop or notebook. The last three towers I've owned have had SATA Hard Drives. I think they are the type that need the drivers for XP when you downgrade from say W7, 8 or 10. I've put XP, W7, 8 and 10 onto AMD Hard drives and they seem to have all the drivers installed? As a general rule though, have a copy of a program like 'Driver Genius' (to download drivers) and SP3 for XP (or back up your XP Drivers for the tower you have) you can format / load XP whenever you like, or have the need to do so. But as always, if you are going from W7, 8 or 10 to XP you may need fresh / new drivers!
The main drivers are the Network, Graphics and Video. The Network Driver (Wi-Fi and Ethernet) can be tricky to get hold of so make sure you have that one before you do a fresh install.
I must admit, I wouldn't be able to do all of this without the help of the P2P network because they will tell you feck all in PC world!

'Windows XP Just Wont Die' (6:15)

Published on Jul 31, 2015

'With over 250,000,000 users worldwide Windows XP is going strong well into 2020, here are some users still paying for support from Microsoft it really is shocking and demonstrates just how poor I.T. is in these sectors. Meanwhile XP gives 2 fingers to all the critics and doubters and just keeps on going.' (Linux Help Guy - Linux & Gaming For All)
Atrocity propaganda is a term referring to the spreading of deliberate fabrications or exaggerations about the crimes committed by an enemy, constituting a form of psychological warfare - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocity_propaganda

Last edited by Ooberman; 23-12-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Ooberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #35
princessofwands

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
2) Change your Windows update settings from automatic to the 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install' option.
Please could you talk me through where to look on the computer (running Win7) to stop automatic updates? I want to do it on Dad's computer so he doesn't get 10 by mistake. Thank you.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #36
andy1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
Please could you talk me through where to look on the computer (running Win7) to stop automatic updates? I want to do it on Dad's computer so he doesn't get 10 by mistake. Thank you.
1) Right click on my computer on desktop
2) Goto manage
3) goto services
4) Find windows update in list of services that just opened in window to right
5) Double click to open
6) go down to startup type, and in drop down menu put on disabled
7) press apply and ok to close.

Now windows update is off completely in win7
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #37
atredies

The updatefreezer.org program suggested above does that in one click btw.

Good video on Disable Windows 10 Spying - Privacy & Security

Last edited by atredies; 24-12-2015 at 07:56 AM.
atredies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #38
princessofwands

Thank you very much Andy!

I've written it all down and will try it out on Dad's machine.

If it is a start-up programme, I wonder if it could also be disabled in ccleaner, which I know that he has on his computer.

Atredies, thank you also for pointing out another useful programme.

What do the updatefreezer people get out of you putting their programme on your computer, I just wonder?
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #39
kasalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
You're better off switching to something like Linux Lite than you are to quit security updating Windows. If you do that you will make your computer vulnerable to hackers, viruses, spyware, etc.

If you think you have problems with Microsoft spying on you, you ain't seen nothing yet.
kasalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 12:47 AM   #40
raburgeson

OK, 7 is out preforming 8.1 for me. It also solved the issue of finding the monitor on after I shut everything off. If the agenda to that is to turn on the camera and speakers my monitor has neither. Don't take any upgrades. I wonder how they feel about having to service and keep the same addresses for older styles of windows. Also, it is easier to identify these addresses used for a longer period of time. I am staying away from free programs. Potentially unwanted programs can be removed with anti spyware. The trouble that remains is the government spyware never get's deleted with it. There are a couple of programs that do target government spyware. Of course a few file name changes makes these programs useless. It is best to run older premium apps and a system that does less damage to your privacy.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote