Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Politics / Elections

Old 02-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
mynameis

Default Georgia SCOTUS: Vote Audits R Unconstitutional

Georgia Supreme Court Rules Unauditable, Unverifiable Elections Are Just Fine
By Rady Ananda on 10/1/2009 5:57PM

Quote:
On Monday, the Georgia Supreme Court ruled [PDF] that unauditable voting in the state does not infringe upon the fundamental right to vote and to have that vote counted. In 2002, Georgia was among the first in the nation to implement Diebold touch-screen voting machines across the entire state.

The lead plaintiff, Garland Favorito, was astounded. "This ruling essentially gives the state a license to pretend to conduct elections. Not one of the 100+ million votes that have been cast on the machines since 2002 can be audited for accuracy and correctness of vote recording." ...

"Georgia law in 2001 and 2002 required that any new machines have an independent audit trail of each vote cast. The state's own witnesses have acknowledged that the specific type of electronic voting machines we purchased and use do not have such an independent audit trail," Favorito told The BRAD BLOG. "The machines can only internally recreate selections that may or may not have been shown to the voter. Without an independent audit trail, it is impossible to determine whether the actual ballots cast on Election Day were recorded correctly."

His group, VoterGA.org, believes that "auditable electronic voting machines" exist. But software is undetectably mutable. It can change without leaving a trace; and it can do so without malice. Humidity or heat can cause an electronic system to fail, or its data to become corrupted.
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7445
I can no longer have fair and intelligent conversation with people here, without them resorting to the use of personal attacks. I have been targeted as a scapegoat for my defensive actions. I cannot discuss new topics and stop the rampant amounts of misinformation when it happens, where it applies. If it can happen to me it can happen to you.
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote