Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Universe / UFOs / IFOs / Crop Circles

Old 25-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #641
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooooooo View Post
the discovery of fire would not alter the rate of neurological development of the organic volume of the brain.
Possibly it would because it would radically change their diets and their ability to process the foods they had access to, this would have massive effects on human metabolism and human growth and development.

Also the use of fire would make human life more secure and would lead to a radical change in social structure.

We don't know how evolution works, but there is a case to be made that radical mutations can occur very quickly indeed in direct response to a change in environment.

I don't know if mankind was literally made by God and the devil taught him all he knows. But it's a possibility. The aliens hypothesis I'm ruling out solely on account of how poor the evidence is and how people like Von Daniken have deliberately falsified facts and history to promote this agenda.

If I see a whole raft of people trying to tell me that aliens made humanity, and if I can see though the lies and fraud they have used to get there, then something tells me the whole thing is more than a bit fishy. Therefore I reject it out of hand.

Last edited by truthspoon; 25-01-2013 at 04:35 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #642
oooooooooo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Possibly it would because it would radically change their diets and their ability to process the foods they had access to, this would have massive effects on human metabolism and human growth and development.

Also the use of fire would make human life more secure and would lead to a radical change in social structure.

We don't know how evolution works, but there is a case to be made that radical mutations can occur very quickly indeed in direct response to a change in environment.

I don't know if mankind was literally made by God and the devil taught him all he knows. But it's a possibility. The aliens hypothesis I'm ruling out solely on account of how poor the evidence is and how people like Von Daniken have deliberately falsified facts and history to promote this agenda.

If I see a whole raft of people trying to tell me that aliens made humanity, and if I can see though the lies and fraud they have used to get there, then something tells me the whole thing is more than a bit fishy. Therefore I reject it out of hand.
the "fire" hypothesis does state adding meat to the early human diet led to the huge leap forward in processing power, however falls down because other meat eaters (the cooking aspect is N/A) evolve with very gentle rise (if any) in cognitive/neurological levels even over a million years of evolution.
The huge sudden growth of a larger human brain is a freak of nature and is unexplainable by modern wisdom,
Also the social change brought about by fire did not see any brain size change in other domesticated animals,
so why are humans so different from all other animals on the planet ?

shame that you going to "reject it out of hand" as the obvious holes in the "official story" require investigation.
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #643
dr steam

Default Ancient Mushrooms...

Quote:
the very rapid unatural expansion and sophistication of the "human "mind in the early stages of development compared to other tool using meat eaters who have not evolved as rapidly even after evolving for a much longer time period.
There are other, far more realistic and down to earth opportunities than Aliens...

Again Terence McKenna...

The Stoned Ape Theory by Terence Mckenna

Food of the Gods ?

"The oldest depictions of hallucinogenic mushrooms are 7000 to 9000 years old. They are rock engravings in the Sahara, in the Tassilli. Here is a sequence of people that are dancing. Each dancer holds a mushroom-shaped object in his right hand. Two parallel lines radiate from this object, towards the central area of the dancer. Later, people would be depicted with two horns there. It was furthermore this image that inspired the Swiss author Erich von Däniken to label these people “Martians”.
Whereas they do not show aliens, the rocks do show an ancient mushroom cult. It also shows that the mushroom cult was present in a region which has been identified as a key location in the rise of civilisation. It is also important to note that rock markings as a whole are considered by archaeologists as aspects of initiation rituals, and thus part of a religious doctrine. It seems that the evidence argues for just one conclusion: from our earliest known history, there is a clear parallel between the presence of a mushroom and religious ceremonies… to the Gods – via the mushroom?
Greek civilisation knew the Temple of Demeter, the Goddess of the Earth, at Eleusis. Philosophers such as Aristoteles, Plato and Sophocles partook in its rituals. These were the participants in the “Elysian Mysteries”, the contents of which have never been written down, even they continued to exist until well into the Christian era.
They were amongst the thousands of pilgrims who made the 20 km long voyage between Athens and Eleusis, in which huge amounts of money were paid for the privilege to partake in the yearly ceremonies. From a hidden, central room in the temple, a substance derived from mushrooms was given to the participant. They remained in the temple for the duration of one night, but left in the morning, “forever changed”.
http://www.philipcoppens.com/mushrooms.html

Missing Link

Last edited by dr steam; 25-01-2013 at 06:19 PM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #644
truthspoon
Banned

I was going to suggest that Dr Steam......but got caught up in the stuff about fire.

Yeah, very possibly it was human's access to psychoactive compounds which literally kickstarted their evolution.

I can totally believe that. I know what an LSD trip can do to you.

Totally changes your life for ever. After that, your mind is opened....

You're not going to be content digging around in the dirt anymore, you're going to reach for the stars.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #645
arcyclus

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, So I am just going to throw in my two cents on the subject.

Man is a being suffering from amnesia.

I think this is the most obvious thing about Man. Modern Man gazing at ancient structures such as the ancient pyramids in Egypt clueless about how, or why they were built is a testament to this. IMO, the thesis of Man as a being suffering from amnesia does more to answer the mysteries of the past than the ancient Alien theory does.

With that said, I still believe in ancient aliens as I do in Aliens being here in present time. I just don't think everything ancient alien theorist attribute to ancient aliens are as widespread as they would have you believe. Some of it is down right ridiculous.

IMO, the most creditable, factual, none hysterical, book ever written on the subject of ancient aliens is, "The Gods of Eden" by William Brambley
Old 25-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #646
dr steam

Default Collective unconscious-Psychedelic compunds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
I was going to suggest that Dr Steam......but got caught up in the stuff about fire.

Yeah, very possibly it was human's access to psychoactive compounds which literally kickstarted their evolution.

I can totally believe that. I know what an LSD trip can do to you.

Totally changes your life for ever. After that, your mind is opened....

You're not going to be content digging around in the dirt anymore, you're going to reach for the stars.
Indeed EP

One can certainly say that this narrative is more down to earth, if I may use that expression...

Furthermore, what if the human lost history as mentioned before in this thread is encapsulated in our collective unconscious and the psychedelic compunde is / can be- the key to this now hidden narrative?

The ancient alien theory actually In many ways,have much in common with another hopeless and in the past very popular Aryan race theory. Pseudo Science-religion is after all not a new concept ,and history have a tendency to repeat itself...

The blindness of the manipulated masses is only to the benefit of the elite...

Dont get caught in the fire...:-)

Last edited by dr steam; 25-01-2013 at 09:30 PM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #647
riseaquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate
However there seems to be more evidence for tales of Gods and demons than one flying space men.

If you could just stop thinking in stereotypes for one moment, you'd realize these things are largely one in the same.

ALIENS

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

Last edited by riseaquarius; 26-01-2013 at 01:32 AM.
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #648
sniper13x
Banned

Quote:
Over the past 20,000 years, the average volume of the human male brain has decreased from 1,500 cubic centimeters to 1,350 cc, losing a chunk the size of a tennis ball. The female brain has shrunk by about the same proportion. “I’d call that major downsizing in an evolutionary eyeblink,” he says. “This happened in China, Europe, Africa—everywhere we look.” If our brain keeps dwindling at that rate over the next 20,000 years, it will start to approach the size of that found in Homo erectus, a relative that lived half a million years ago and had a brain volume of only 1,100 cc. Possibly owing to said shrinkage, it takes me a while to catch on. “Are you saying we’re getting dumber?” I ask.
Now pick and choose your dogma to explain this. Is it alien intervention? Is it "god"? Is it the proverbial "fall of man"?

One thing is for sure, we don't know dick about our past so to sit here and argue back and forth on who is right and who is wrong is beyond idiot. All theories have merit, even the one about the magical water walking sky zombie, until proven wrong.
sniper13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #649
oooooooooo
Inactive

@ dr steam.

The mushroom could well have been a catalyst for a sudden change in thinking or intelligence, not sure whether this is a viable reason for the sudden expansion in the size of the brain.

Also if i were to feed mushrooms to a long line of subsequent generations of rabbit would they become more intelligent with bigger brains ?
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #650
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post

There are other, far more realistic and down to earth opportunities than Aliens...

Again Terence McKenna...

The Stoned Ape Theory by Terence Mckenna - YouTube

Food of the Gods ?

"The oldest depictions of hallucinogenic mushrooms are 7000 to 9000 years old. They are rock engravings in the Sahara, in the Tassilli. Here is a sequence of people that are dancing. Each dancer holds a mushroom-shaped object in his right hand. Two parallel lines radiate from this object, towards the central area of the dancer. Later, people would be depicted with two horns there. It was furthermore this image that inspired the Swiss author Erich von Däniken to label these people “Martians”.
Whereas they do not show aliens, the rocks do show an ancient mushroom cult. It also shows that the mushroom cult was present in a region which has been identified as a key location in the rise of civilisation. It is also important to note that rock markings as a whole are considered by archaeologists as aspects of initiation rituals, and thus part of a religious doctrine. It seems that the evidence argues for just one conclusion: from our earliest known history, there is a clear parallel between the presence of a mushroom and religious ceremonies… to the Gods – via the mushroom?
Greek civilisation knew the Temple of Demeter, the Goddess of the Earth, at Eleusis. Philosophers such as Aristoteles, Plato and Sophocles partook in its rituals. These were the participants in the “Elysian Mysteries”, the contents of which have never been written down, even they continued to exist until well into the Christian era.
They were amongst the thousands of pilgrims who made the 20 km long voyage between Athens and Eleusis, in which huge amounts of money were paid for the privilege to partake in the yearly ceremonies. From a hidden, central room in the temple, a substance derived from mushrooms was given to the participant. They remained in the temple for the duration of one night, but left in the morning, “forever changed”.

Missing Link
Missing Link - YouTube

and mushrooms do what to people?
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #651
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
@ dr steam.

The mushroom could well have been a catalyst for a sudden change in thinking or intelligence, not sure whether this is a viable reason for the sudden expansion in the size of the brain.

Also if i were to feed mushrooms to a long line of subsequent generations of rabbit would they become more intelligent with bigger brains ?
I dont see how we can assume that suddenly we started eating stuff that put us on a trip... We would have been taking this stuff before, why not?

But on top of that regarding knowledge and technology, tripping does not really help, in fact it removes you from the 3 dimensional aspect. It makes us more spiritual and view reality through larger eyes. But Doctors, Architects and so on don't really benefit by tripping.

art and spirituality would have been the only things inspired... although there have been claims that words of heeling have been passed on through other beings, this would ask the question where did they learn about how to heel us?

Again those who just want to see these beings as none 3d and of a mystical being, end up asking more questions that giving answers.

Today we have many abductions that appear to be from beings that do not even appear from a 3D spectrum yet they do interact with it.

And again, apparently these none 3D beings can impregnate Mary for example... But these Aliens cant because they are only "spirit" ...
Old 26-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #652
dr steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
and mushrooms do what to people?
The answer to your question is freely available in many places...

While you have consumed the partly disney produced ancient alien series, it seems that Davis Icke has begun to see the light...

Old 26-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #653
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post

Again Terence McKenna...

The Stoned Ape Theory by Terence Mckenna - YouTube

Food of the Gods ?

Missing Link
Missing Link - YouTube

Old 27-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #654
sniper13x
Banned

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio...RIR-120809.php

Jan Irvin - Hour 1 & 2 - Gordon Wasson & The Secret History of Magic Mushrooms
August 9, 2012

Quote:
Jan Irvin is an independent researcher, author and lecturer, speaking at both academic and public venues. He is the host of Gnostic Media and the curator of the official website for John Marco Allegro. Jan returns to discuss his latest research on Gordon Wasson, an influential New York banker and the godfather of the modern psychedelic movement. According to the historical record Wasson, an amateur mycologist, first ‘discovered’ ‘magic’ mushrooms. Irvin shares his evidence which points to the possibility of a secret history of the mushroom in the elite power structures of the west. Jan explains how the psychedelic/hippie movement was a psyop and can provide a window into how the elites run their mind control systems. He’ll talk about how the mushroom and other mind altering sacraments can be used to control the illumination of the masses.
Hour 1
http://rediceradio.net/radio/2012/RI...jirvin-hr1.mp3

Hour 2
http://rediceradio.net/radio/2012/RI...jirvin-hr2.mp3

Last edited by sniper13x; 27-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.
sniper13x is offline   Reply With Quote