Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
huyi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out of the Matrix
Posts: 2,788
Likes: 436 (222 Posts)
Angry you can't spend that!

i'm sick of the banks telling me what i can and cannot spend, it's my money and the nanny state thinks they know best.

you want that £100 shopping in tesco? you can't spend that DECLINED!
you want to go out with your mates for the weekend and buy a few drinks? nope we don't want you doing that! we want you to be alone and have no friends DECLINED!
want to pay for that bill? ask us first you can't spend that! DECLINED!

you want to take out £1000 in cash from our bank? well you are going to have to tell us your life story and beg us on your hands and knees to get it!

i would rather spend cash wherever i go and this is why i would rather use cash instead of cards, they can't tell me what to do when i do that can they?

they won't be able to tell how much i spend and what i spend it on if i use cash will they?

you got to ask the big question as to why they don't want people spending their OWN money from their bank? are they planning to keep it for themselves? gain a huge interest lump sum by keeping peoples money in the bank? my bets on the last one.

well i think it's about time i got legal advise on this situation? i don't like to be told what to do with my money, that is for sure.
__________________
David Cameron's Sick Neo-Nazi's Agenda explained!
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyix...e=results_main
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,649
Likes: 902 (509 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
i'm sick of the banks telling me what i can and cannot spend, it's my money and the nanny state thinks they know best.

you want that £100 shopping in tesco? you can't spend that DECLINED!
you want to go out with your mates for the weekend and buy a few drinks? nope we don't want you doing that! we want you to be alone and have no friends DECLINED!
want to pay for that bill? ask us first you can't spend that! DECLINED!

you want to take out £1000 in cash from our bank? well you are going to have to tell us your life story and beg us on your hands and knees to get it!

i would rather spend cash wherever i go and this is why i would rather use cash instead of cards, they can't tell me what to do when i do that can they?

they won't be able to tell how much i spend and what i spend it on if i use cash will they?

you got to ask the big question as to why they don't want people spending their OWN money from their bank? are they planning to keep it for themselves? gain a huge interest lump sum by keeping peoples money in the bank? my bets on the last one.

well i think it's about time i got legal advise on this situation? i don't like to be told what to do with my money, that is for sure.
That has never happend to me except if I do not have sufficient funds.

Just draw out cash and spend it how ever you want. Or am I missing something here?
__________________
The 5 laws of creation:
1. You exist
2. Every thing is Here & Now
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
Likes: (2)
eurosianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
huyi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out of the Matrix
Posts: 2,788
Likes: 436 (222 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosianguy View Post
That has never happend to me except if I do not have sufficient funds.

Just draw out cash and spend it how ever you want. Or am I missing something here?
yes you are missing the point, the fact that this is happening on a large scale is suspicious, the banks don't like you withdrawing your money and using cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sck6ALUSawc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS1jelySvgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODVp8lzsRk

this will only get worse when we all start to go cashless and relay on the banks completely, when that happens and you can't use your money at all will you shrug it off then?

and yes this has happened to me frequently and often, this is why i created this topic and why i want to talk about it.
__________________
David Cameron's Sick Neo-Nazi's Agenda explained!
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyix...e=results_main
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main

Last edited by huyi; 25-09-2016 at 03:49 PM.
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
sevenhills
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: On a Pennine hillside
Posts: 2,643
Likes: 1,236 (800 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosianguy View Post
That has never happend to me except if I do not have sufficient funds.

Just draw out cash and spend it how ever you want. Or am I missing something here?
Same here, though I do have a low limit for weekly cash withdrawals at an ATM, just in case someone finds the card and somehow guesses the PIN.
Likes: (1)
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,649
Likes: 902 (509 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
yes you are missing the point, the fact that this is happening on a large scale is suspicious, the banks don't like you withdrawing your money and using cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sck6ALUSawc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS1jelySvgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODVp8lzsRk

this will only get worse when we all start to go cashless and relay on the banks completely, when that happens and you can't use your money at all will you shrug it off then?

and yes this has happened to me frequently and often, this is why i created this topic and why i want to talk about it.
Well excuse me for asking. Is it because you reach your weekly limit perhaps? If thats the case go to the bank and withdraw in there. But hey i leave you to it
__________________
The 5 laws of creation:
1. You exist
2. Every thing is Here & Now
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #6
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Touch wood - that has never happened to me since Debit cards came in.
Did once have a credit card refused in a restaurant many years ago
That was really embarrassing, luckily we had enough cash between us to pay the bill.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 25-09-2016 at 04:13 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 04:15 PM   #7
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default

I'd say this is because it's in the US?
Police will arrest you by simply breathing.

GET OUT OF AMERICA!!
I'd imagine British Police won't be so bad except for when they come for illegal eviction assisting civil matter.
Likes: (1)
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
the apprentice
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,637
Likes: 2,987 (2,092 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
yes you are missing the point, the fact that this is happening on a large scale is suspicious, the banks don't like you withdrawing your money and using cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sck6ALUSawc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS1jelySvgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODVp8lzsRk

this will only get worse when we all start to go cashless and relay on the banks completely, when that happens and you can't use your money at all will you shrug it off then?

and yes this has happened to me frequently and often, this is why i created this topic and why i want to talk about it.
There are multiple experiments going on today that give everyone 500 euro a month to live on which has to be spent before the new months starts, Finland I think it was, somewhere in Scandinavia anyway, is this what your pertaining to mayb.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #9
cosmicpurpose1.618
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Everywhere/nowhere
Posts: 2,475
Likes: 2,085 (1,075 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
There are multiple experiments going on today that give everyone 500 euro a month to live on which has to be spent before the new months starts, Finland I think it was, somewhere in Scandinavia anyway, is this what your pertaining to mayb.
That's the whole of europe, for citizens.

Its called unemployment fund...
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #10
huyi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out of the Matrix
Posts: 2,788
Likes: 436 (222 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I'd say this is because it's in the US?
Police will arrest you by simply breathing.

GET OUT OF AMERICA!!
I'd imagine British Police won't be so bad except for when they come for illegal eviction assisting civil matter.
surprisingly this is in the uk, barclays and hsbc to be more specific, a few of my friends have had the same problem of trying to spend their own money and had their cards declined for no reason whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
There are multiple experiments going on today that give everyone 500 euro a month to live on which has to be spent before the new months starts, Finland I think it was, somewhere in Scandinavia anyway, is this what your pertaining to mayb.
nope, like i said, this is happening in the uk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosianguy View Post
Well excuse me for asking. Is it because you reach your weekly limit perhaps? If thats the case go to the bank and withdraw in there. But hey i leave you to it
well excuseeeeeeeee me, maybe i will join you and put my head in the sand with you, am i not speaking loud enough? maybe you have too much sand in your ears to care.

:sigh: maybe i am one of the very few people around here that is awake :sad:
__________________
David Cameron's Sick Neo-Nazi's Agenda explained!
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyix...e=results_main
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main

Last edited by huyi; 25-09-2016 at 06:31 PM.
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
surprisingly this is in the uk, barclays and hsbc to be more specific, a few of my friends have had the same problem of trying to spend their own money and had their cards declined for no reason whatsoever.



nope, like i said, this is happening in the uk.
What like 200K on card? That's not surprising. But if you say £200 and the account in credit? That's strange since you can easily spend £200 by buying a piece of furniture or restaurant bill.

I think we had another thread on HSBC. They say someting to do with terrorist and want' allow more than £2000 to withdraw or something like that. Anyhoo, once your money in the bank, it belongs to them.

Last edited by elshaper; 25-09-2016 at 07:20 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #12
huyi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out of the Matrix
Posts: 2,788
Likes: 436 (222 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
What like 200K on card? That's not surprising. But if you say £200 and the account in credit? That's strange since you can easily spend £200 by buying a piece of furniture or restaurant bill.

I think we had another thread on HSBC. They say someting to do with terrorist and want' allow more than £2000 to withdraw or something like that. Anyhoo, once your money in the bank, it belongs to them.
transactions up to £300 account is in credit so it's not like there is nothing in there.

terrorist? lol i might as well go into my bank tomorrow with a turban and say hail isis! i want my money! they would have a reason to stop me using my money then XD
__________________
David Cameron's Sick Neo-Nazi's Agenda explained!
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyix...e=results_main
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main

Last edited by huyi; 25-09-2016 at 08:31 PM.
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #13
the apprentice
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,637
Likes: 2,987 (2,092 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpurpose1.618 View Post
That's the whole of europe, for citizens.

Its called unemployment fund...
They can keep it, but thanks for the right title.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 10:31 PM   #14
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
transactions up to £300 account is in credit so it's not like there is nothing in there.

terrorist? lol i might as well go into my bank tomorrow with a turban and say hail isis! i want my money! they would have a reason to stop me using my money then XD
Don't forget to say "and I am all out of bubblegum".
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 12:52 AM   #15
the tealady
Forum Advisor
 
the tealady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Down by the sea
Posts: 18,965
Likes: 4,647 (2,475 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
i'm sick of the banks telling me what i can and cannot spend, it's my money and the nanny state thinks they know best.

you want that £100 shopping in tesco? you can't spend that DECLINED!
you want to go out with your mates for the weekend and buy a few drinks? nope we don't want you doing that! we want you to be alone and have no friends DECLINED!
want to pay for that bill? ask us first you can't spend that! DECLINED!

you want to take out £1000 in cash from our bank? well you are going to have to tell us your life story and beg us on your hands and knees to get it!

i would rather spend cash wherever i go and this is why i would rather use cash instead of cards, they can't tell me what to do when i do that can they?

they won't be able to tell how much i spend and what i spend it on if i use cash will they?

you got to ask the big question as to why they don't want people spending their OWN money from their bank? are they planning to keep it for themselves? gain a huge interest lump sum by keeping peoples money in the bank? my bets on the last one.

well i think it's about time i got legal advise on this situation? i don't like to be told what to do with my money, that is for sure.
People on benefits or low income are more vulnerable. When my late Mum withdrew $5000 for her prepaid funeral the guv wrote to her asking what the money was for and she had to provide proof of purchase. That is in Australia. Its never happened to us and I think its because we are self employed.
__________________
Unlike a lot of other people, David walks the talk. Be careful who you trust in this alternative media and research.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #16
the mighty zhiba
Inactive
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,828
Likes: 5,989 (2,995 Posts)
Default

When i went in India in 2010, i bought an air fare with my debit card, paid to park my car in the airport parking at Heathrow and paid for a room at a hotel in Heathrow the day before flying (so as not to miss my flight) as well as buying a visa for India, and booking my hotel in India - paying for all this on my debit card...

When i got to India i made three cash withdrawl's and then they cancelled my card.

It cost me a few hundred quid to call the bank (Santander) from my mobile, to varify all the transactions and pissed me round for hours waiting for them to clear my card for use - all the while i was stranded in India.

Cunts.

All for my security, of course.

And now, i think the banks ask that you tell them if you are going abroad... You have to ask them for permission to use your card and your money, it is all a bit fucked up.

When i got back to the UK, i went into the bank to complain, they then cancelled my overdraft and cancelled my card, telling me that i would have to have a new one - the debit card i had hadn't expired, but when i tried to make an overseas payment to a mate they refused the transaction. They then proceeded to piss me about for months and didn't send me a replacement card, so i went into the bank to cancel my account. The assistant on the desk told me that i could not have my own money.... There were three people at the time in the bank with issues who were trying to close their accounts and being refused their money...

I asked to see the manager, and was told that the manager was busy. In the end the cashier told me (again after refusing to give me the money that was in the account) to 'move along' as i 'was holding up the queue.'

As you might imagine, this really pissed me off, so i told her that i would leave, and that i would be back in five minutes with a police officer and i would charge her personally for theft - not the bank, but her personally.... Miracle upon miracle the manager soon appeared and soon after the cashier gave me all the money from my account

Santander are a bunch of wankers.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 26-09-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Likes: (2)
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 02:06 AM   #17
the tealady
Forum Advisor
 
the tealady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Down by the sea
Posts: 18,965
Likes: 4,647 (2,475 Posts)
Default

I am happy to tell my credit card issuer places and dates because I have had 2 frauds. I am sure both were connected to hotels.com because both happened right after I booked rooms while still in Australia. They phoned me within minutes of the frauds and got straight onto it and later on rang back and told me they tracked down the thieves. They wouldnt confirm my suspicions but I was happy anyway.

The only place I have ever been refused money is Saudi Arabia because they only recognise debit cards from their own banks. I had someone with me who could give me money which I then repaid.
__________________
Unlike a lot of other people, David walks the talk. Be careful who you trust in this alternative media and research.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 08:14 AM   #18
pigscanfly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Outside the box
Posts: 124
Likes: 107 (53 Posts)
Default

A few years ago, my debit card details were stolen and there were two suspicious transactions in the US and Canada. My bank picked up on these straight away and called me to check whether these transactions were mine and blocked them. I was, of course, very grateful for this.

So, although Mighty Zhiba has had difficulty using his cards abroad which must be frustrating, on the flip side, I was protected by the security measures. Like most things, it is a double edged sword.



Edited to add:

Regarding the OP's predicament, it does seem very strange that you cannot withdraw money from the account. This has never happened to me. If there is sufficient money in there and the transactions themselves are not suspicious, I can only think of the following other possibilities.

Possible technical glitch?
If the account is joint, perhaps the other account holder has placed a freeze on the account?
Power of attorney?

The latter two seem unlikely if the OP's friends are also having the same problem so perhaps it is a technical glitch with the banks. Of course, the only way to really find out is to ask the bank.
__________________
"The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue." — Antisthenes

Last edited by pigscanfly; 26-09-2016 at 08:34 AM. Reason: More to be added
Likes: (1)
pigscanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 08:41 AM   #19
the tealady
Forum Advisor
 
the tealady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Down by the sea
Posts: 18,965
Likes: 4,647 (2,475 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
There are multiple experiments going on today that give everyone 500 euro a month to live on which has to be spent before the new months starts, Finland I think it was, somewhere in Scandinavia anyway, is this what your pertaining to mayb.
Yes the long term plan is to allocate everyone a fixed number of electronic units per month and when theycare gone, they are gone. They wont even be called debits.
__________________
Unlike a lot of other people, David walks the talk. Be careful who you trust in this alternative media and research.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #20
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
When i went in India in 2010, i bought an air fare with my debit card, paid to park my car in the airport parking at Heathrow and paid for a room at a hotel in Heathrow the day before flying (so as not to miss my flight) as well as buying a visa for India, and booking my hotel in India - paying for all this on my debit card...

When i got to India i made three cash withdrawl's and then they cancelled my card.

It cost me a few hundred quid to call the bank (Santander) from my mobile, to varify all the transactions and pissed me round for hours waiting for them to clear my card for use - all the while i was stranded in India.

Cunts.

All for my security, of course.

And now, i think the banks ask that you tell them if you are going abroad... You have to ask them for permission to use your card and your money, it is all a bit fucked up.

When i got back to the UK, i went into the bank to complain, they then cancelled my overdraft and cancelled my card, telling me that i would have to have a new one - the debit card i had hadn't expired, but when i tried to make an overseas payment to a mate they refused the transaction. They then proceeded to piss me about for months and didn't send me a replacement card, so i went into the bank to cancel my account. The assistant on the desk told me that i could not have my own money.... There were three people at the time in the bank with issues who were trying to close their accounts and being refused their money...

I asked to see the manager, and was told that the manager was busy. In the end the cashier told me (again after refusing to give me the money that was in the account) to 'move along' as i 'was holding up the queue.'

As you might imagine, this really pissed me off, so i told her that i would leave, and that i would be back in five minutes with a police officer and i would charge her personally for theft - not the bank, but her personally.... Miracle upon miracle the manager soon appeared and soon after the cashier gave me all the money from my account
In this day and age, this is the right way forward. Don't let them hide behind a brick wall of organisation. Go after an individual.

Quote:
Santander are a bunch of wankers.
I realised this at the stage of opening an account. Basically they lost all of my documents. Glad I never went through with them.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.