Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

View Poll Results: What do you want to do once you're lucid?
meet friends, loved ones, or spiritual beings 2 11.76%
spy, gather information 0 0%
go back in time 0 0%
go into the future 1 5.88%
something fun like flying or sex 5 29.41%
seek the truth of life and the universe 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
bibimbap
Inactive

Lightbulb So I can lucid dream...now what??

What do you want to do when you successfully lucid dream?

I've been training myself on and off about how to lucid dream and have finally been successful. It's so fascinating and magical, but brings up some questions; I'm sure you guys can help.

Ok, here goes. I'd written a list of things I wanted to do once I became lucid. A few weeks later, I had a lucid dream but I couldn't remember what I'd wanted to do. A hand tapped me from behind and pulled me incredibly fast somewhere. I was suddenly in a mosque and the prophet Mohammed was there with a cloth covering his head, praying or reciting the Quran. I remembered that one of the things on my list was to see the start of religions just to see what it was like, if it was for real or just a bunch of people scheming to manipulate people lol. I suddenly felt like I was intruding into this space and I shouldn't be there because it was too 'sacred' and I backed away respectfully, but a man gently told me it's ok, and I could come and watch. It was surreal. Anyway this is one thought, that we can make a list of things we want to do/see, and by making the list we sort of 'program' our next lucid dreams.

Another thought is more about meeting certain people, not dream characters but real spirit beings human or otherwise. I've had so many dreams where I've been looking for a particular person, never met him in real life but had tons of dreams about him for the past 14 years. When I'm lucid I usually try to find him, and I rarely do (I've now given up and want to move on to other things). But once, I did find him in this hallway and cornered him because when he saw me he gave me a very serious look like 'don't, you know better' and tried to walk off. I told him 'I want to know who you are, I've been dreaming about you for years and I'm wasting time when I'm awake, because you know this is a dream now yeah?' He nodded; I continued, 'well when I'm awake I'm wasting time wondering who you are'. I want to add that he always 'feels' different from dream characters, it feels like he is a real, conscious being. I don't remember much of what was said after that part of the dream but he promised that he would be in my dreams more after that. However, I woke up and went back to sleep, finding myself lucid again in this beautiful field, full of dream characters. I remembered his promise so I called him but he didn't come; I thought I could call him with my consciousness but he felt so far away. I felt so alone, felt like I really wanted to talk to somebody who existed outside of my imagination. It felt like these dream characters weren't REAL.

Which brings me to the third and final though. Now I want to be clear that I don't do drugs, but I did go to Amsterdam and do shrooms in March, and it was the same feeling as in that lucid dream in the field. It seemed like all the people walking around were not 'real'. I realized, maybe they're just not 'plugged in' or conscious, and rather in a passive 'sleeping state'. When we're enlightened we say we're 'awake', right? Maybe dream characters are also real but just more 'malleable' and not in control of their spirits and thus their behaviours get molded by the dreamer's consciousness? Or maybe the people I saw in Amsterdam were just not on the same level of consciousness as me? I didn't even feel a connection with my best friend who took the shrooms with me, but I felt a huge connection to people I felt are 'kindred souls' especially my mum. What do you think?

So here are my questions, in a nutshell:

What are the 5 things you'd like to do/places to go/people to meet in a dream?

Is anyone interested in targeting a date and time in a dream, and seeing how it matches up with others' experiences? Going to see how the pyramids were built, etc. If we all see aliens building them while lucid, well who the heck knows eh?

What do you think connects people in the dream state and here on earth?

Last edited by bibimbap; 23-11-2010 at 11:08 AM.
bibimbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
zsymon
Inactive

In my experience, lucid dreams happen inside our mind, not in another realm.
zsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
bibimbap
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsymon View Post
In my experience, lucid dreams happen inside our mind, not in another realm.
Can you give me some examples that led you to believe that? Shared dreaming is possible isn't it? I've experienced it myself when I was a teenager. If it was in my mind then how did the other person enter my dream?
Old 23-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
ashangel

I often find the thought popping into my head that the dream world isn't a realm in itself but rather a staging area to prepare us for what lies beyond it.

Also I fond the choices of the poll a little restrictive as my true answer would have been to meet spiritual beings (higher or lower) and to learn from them.
To clear the debts of many hundreds years
That's why we are here !
ashangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
loveisthelaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
Shared dreaming is possible isn't it? I've experienced it myself when I was a teenager. If it was in my mind then how did the other person enter my dream?
Watch the movie inception and pay attention to the architect, you will know the answer as to how you could.

As Blavatsky said:

"the mind is the great slayer of the real, let the disciple slay the slayer"

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 23-11-2010 at 01:53 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
bibimbap
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisthelaw View Post
Watch the movie inception and pay attention to the architect, you will know the answer as to how you could.

As Blavatsky said:

"the mind is the great slayer of the real, let the disciple slay the slayer"
I'll follow your advice and watch it again tonight but I'm skeptical that it'll answer my question. Is it metaphysically possible? I guess it's hard to grasp as we know so little about consciousness. But I hope to get some clarity about it on this forum
Old 23-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
deadhawk

well now that you've broken it, you'll have to decide what happens in every dream every time and will eventually loose the abillity to dream at all..
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
loveisthelaw

Quote:
I'll follow your advice and watch it again tonight but I'm skeptical that it'll answer my question. Is it metaphysically possible? I guess it's hard to grasp as we know so little about consciousness. But I hope to get some clarity about it on this forum
I have never been able to 'bring people in' but can't say if it is possible or not; I have ever wanted or needed to; with regard to my recommendation to study the architect, you will find like them, it is all 'in the head' - though the dream can influence the wakened perception

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 23-11-2010 at 05:18 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #9
vegan_on_the_land

I've had a few lucid dreams but woke up as soon as I knew I was dreaming. I have made half-hearted attempts to produce them. I followed the advice in a book by LaBerge and Rheingold.

I would like to see my loved ones again.

I would like to meet some of my more distant ancestors to ask them questions about the family.

I would like to go to some place to learn how to do certain things.

I would practise handstands to gain understandings of how to improve my waking ones.

I would try to foresee the next lot of lottery numbers or where some fabulous treasure is buried.

I would visit certain people and persuade them to change their ways.
vegan_on_the_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
bibimbap
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan_on_the_land View Post
I would practise handstands to gain understandings of how to improve my waking ones.

I would try to foresee the next lot of lottery numbers or where some fabulous treasure is buried.

I would visit certain people and persuade them to change their ways.
I LOVE these ideas! I'm still trying to figure out how to actually visit people in dreams. I always thought we could do this just by consciously wishing or believing it, but when I was totally conscious and calling for someone, they didn't show; this happened a lot. I guess it's hit or miss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisthelaw View Post
I have never been able to 'bring people in' but can't say if it is possible or not; I have ever wanted or needed to; with regard to my recommendation to study the architect, you will find like them, it is all 'in the head' - though the dream can influence the wakened perception
I'm still trying to figure out Inception. I don't think it really answers my questions. I've read the looong explanation and theories about the movie too, but to no avail. I understand the concept that a dream location isn't actually physically existent (although, we could diverge into (meta)physics and ask what exactly is the definition and nature of physical existence?). Assuming you can create a location with your consciousness, how would you connect with/find someone else who is dreaming to bring them to that location? Anyone out there able to calm my restless and confused mind???

Last edited by bibimbap; 26-11-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 26-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
zsymon
Inactive

Quote:
Can you give me some examples that led you to believe that? Shared dreaming is possible isn't it? I've experienced it myself when I was a teenager. If it was in my mind then how did the other person enter my dream?
I have been pulled out of my body thousands of times, and sometimes I have
done it on purpose, which is extremely easy for me. During my dreams and my
lucid dreams I always have an awareness of where I am, inside or outside of
my body.. and during a dream or lucid dream, I am never outside of my body.

However, sharing dreams is possible, but this doesn't happen outside of your
body, it just happens when you are connected with the other person through
a spiritual bond. This spiritual bond links you two together and allows for a
shared dreaming experience.

This spiritual bond could in theory be copied through technological ways, such
as described in the movie Inception. The people never actually leave the body,
they just have their minds linked together to allow a shared dreaming event.

Last edited by zsymon; 26-11-2010 at 11:03 AM.
zsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
idgy

I think with lucid dreaming, you are both within and out of your body at the same time. When you feel you are ‘out there’, you can still feel the way your body is lying in bed. I try to get my astral body in lotus position, to try and meditate in the lucid state. When I do this, I feel my legs keep pulling back to the sleeping position. I also feel my head pulling me back. As soon as I swallow, that’s it, I’m back in my body.

I don’t see why we don’t have shared dreams. Sometimes I find myself lucid in a really fearful dream, where there are lots of other people. When I realise this, I laugh, and tell them not to be scared as it is only a dream. I’ve always wondered if this has ever made someone else dreaming to become lucid. Sometimes I then have a conversation with them and try to get them to fly.

The best thing you can use lucid dreaming for it to overcome scary dreams. Turn around and face the evil that is chasing you (generally there is nothing there). If you are about to fall, jump and fly instead. If you are dying, just go through the death, don’t fight it, you don’t die.

I found the more I did all this and the fears dropped away, my dreaming state was completely transformed. It’s really worth working at. I wouldn’t fly around too much outside of yourself looking for someone, there are many negative entities out there if you don’t know what you are doing. Instead when you are lucid, try to still your mind, whilst feeling your body. Breathe and feel where you find yourself. Eventually, you may feel a great wind of energy rushing around yourself.

Happy dreaming.
idgy
idgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
spitalwings

Wink

Quote:

Yes i've had that and i'm not one of the resident nut nuts on this forum. I dreamt i told my GF something only to tell her a few days later in real life, she replied that she dreamt i'd told her that. It wasn't a de ja vu scenario either as the words differed as did the enviroment, make of that what you will. Nice avatar BTW and if it's you, you have a nice face i suppose.
spitalwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #14
pixie_shhh

have you seen Waking Life? if not you can get it pretty cheap on ebay its a "guide" to lucid dreaming and many perceptions on it, tells you signs to work out that you are lucid dreaming too (like not being able to tell the time on a clock for instance) its a must have if you're interested in lucid dreaming
Old 27-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
pennydrop

Quote:
Is anyone interested in targeting a date and time in a dream, and seeing how it matches up with others' experiences? Going to see how the pyramids were built, etc. If we all see aliens building them while lucid, well who the heck knows eh?
I'll meet you in a dream if you like - sounds like fun. I too connect with Egypt.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions." — Confucius

"Life is full of obstacle illusions" ... Grant Frazier. Be wary of those who need to discredit you ...
pennydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
enoe

Quote:
What do you want to do when you successfully lucid dream?

I've been training myself on and off about how to lucid dream and have finally been successful. It's so fascinating and magical, but brings up some questions; I'm sure you guys can help.

Ok, here goes. I'd written a list of things I wanted to do once I became lucid. A few weeks later, I had a lucid dream but I couldn't remember what I'd wanted to do. A hand tapped me from behind and pulled me incredibly fast somewhere. I was suddenly in a mosque and the prophet Mohammed was there with a cloth covering his head, praying or reciting the Quran. I remembered that one of the things on my list was to see the start of religions just to see what it was like, if it was for real or just a bunch of people scheming to manipulate people lol. I suddenly felt like I was intruding into this space and I shouldn't be there because it was too 'sacred' and I backed away respectfully, but a man gently told me it's ok, and I could come and watch. It was surreal. Anyway this is one thought, that we can make a list of things we want to do/see, and by making the list we sort of 'program' our next lucid dreams.

Another thought is more about meeting certain people, not dream characters but real spirit beings human or otherwise. I've had so many dreams where I've been looking for a particular person, never met him in real life but had tons of dreams about him for the past 14 years. When I'm lucid I usually try to find him, and I rarely do (I've now given up and want to move on to other things). But once, I did find him in this hallway and cornered him because when he saw me he gave me a very serious look like 'don't, you know better' and tried to walk off. I told him 'I want to know who you are, I've been dreaming about you for years and I'm wasting time when I'm awake, because you know this is a dream now yeah?' He nodded; I continued, 'well when I'm awake I'm wasting time wondering who you are'. I want to add that he always 'feels' different from dream characters, it feels like he is a real, conscious being. I don't remember much of what was said after that part of the dream but he promised that he would be in my dreams more after that. However, I woke up and went back to sleep, finding myself lucid again in this beautiful field, full of dream characters. I remembered his promise so I called him but he didn't come; I thought I could call him with my consciousness but he felt so far away. I felt so alone, felt like I really wanted to talk to somebody who existed outside of my imagination. It felt like these dream characters weren't REAL.

Which brings me to the third and final though. Now I want to be clear that I don't do drugs, but I did go to Amsterdam and do shrooms in March, and it was the same feeling as in that lucid dream in the field. It seemed like all the people walking around were not 'real'. I realized, maybe they're just not 'plugged in' or conscious, and rather in a passive 'sleeping state'. When we're enlightened we say we're 'awake', right? Maybe dream characters are also real but just more 'malleable' and not in control of their spirits and thus their behaviours get molded by the dreamer's consciousness? Or maybe the people I saw in Amsterdam were just not on the same level of consciousness as me? I didn't even feel a connection with my best friend who took the shrooms with me, but I felt a huge connection to people I felt are 'kindred souls' especially my mum. What do you think?

So here are my questions, in a nutshell:

What are the 5 things you'd like to do/places to go/people to meet in a dream?

What do you think connects people in the dream state and here on earth?
Hey bibimbap

I have been lucid dreaming since i was a child. I found out how to do it and i started to enjoy it so much my mother never had any trouble getting to sleep
One thing i really loved doing when lucid, was flying. When i got older i forgot about lucid dreaming, but it came back to me when i was 25 or so. although it does not come so easy to me anymore.
About meeting other dreamers,like you i have this person i keep meeting. Its a girl and i have meet her in different places. one time in a big house, filled with people having a party or something. i made out with her on the couch and some other stuff
Wheni wake up from dreaming about her I always feel like i miss her so much. it can last for days sometimes. Not sure if she is real or just a dream caracter tho....

I had another dream that wa also lucid and i am sure i had a meeting with real enteties in this one.
It was short. but what i remember is i am with 4 or 5 people, surfing or swimming. They have an australian accent but at the same time i have this feeling they are dolphins. they have this strong pure love energy about them. and for some reason i feel it like dolphin energy, dunno why.
They tell me to have fun. I feel so happy and i laugh and they just keep telling me its all about having fun. suddenly i wake up and that was it. short but very intense.

When i woke up i had a feeling these people or what ever they where, where fellow dreamers who are there to assist dreamers.

Eno
enoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #17
bibimbap
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsymon View Post
However, sharing dreams is possible, but this doesn't happen outside of your
body, it just happens when you are connected with the other person through
a spiritual bond. This spiritual bond links you two together and allows for a
shared dreaming experience.
Ok I definitely get the spiritual bond concept.. but then how can it be happening inside of your mind and inside of their mind at the same time? Isn't it a spiritual plane somewhere that your consciousnous can go to? Do you think it's a bit like remote viewing in a way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitalwings View Post
Yes i've had that and i'm not one of the resident nut nuts on this forum. I dreamt i told my GF something only to tell her a few days later in real life, she replied that she dreamt i'd told her that. It wasn't a de ja vu scenario either as the words differed as did the enviroment, make of that what you will. Nice avatar BTW and if it's you, you have a nice face i suppose.
That's interesting...really makes you think. And also, thanks, rght back atcha, though it looks like yours comes from a movie^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie_shhh View Post
have you seen Waking Life? if not you can get it pretty cheap on ebay its a "guide" to lucid dreaming and many perceptions on it, tells you signs to work out that you are lucid dreaming too (like not being able to tell the time on a clock for instance) its a must have if you're interested in lucid dreaming
Waking Life was amazing, in fact, I think it's about time I watch it again. Might be a good refresher course on lucid dreaming. I do remember having more vivid dreams for a couple days after I watched it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydrop View Post
I'll meet you in a dream if you like - sounds like fun. I too connect with Egypt.
Ok I'm gonna try to 'see' how the pyramids were built, for the next two weeks every night. I'm doing reality checks several times a day, and I'll try out some of these techniques..there's a lot of info here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_D...echniques#MILD
What say you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoe View Post
About meeting other dreamers,like you i have this person i keep meeting. Its a girl and i have meet her in different places. one time in a big house, filled with people having a party or something. i made out with her on the couch and some other stuff
Wheni wake up from dreaming about her I always feel like i miss her so much. it can last for days sometimes. Not sure if she is real or just a dream caracter tho....
I had the exact same feelings. It was pretty intense. I would in the deepest depressions for about 2 or 3 days after a dream about this guy. Weird isn't it? I read somewhere that there was a guy who kept dreaming about this girl since he was a kid. As he got older, so did she. As an adult, he met this girl from China online, they started chatting and he just had this 'feeling' about her. Turns out, she told him she had been having dreams of this guy since she was a kid. And when they met they realized they'd been dreaming of each other. I wonder who they are.. I go to this psychic/medium sometimes, she is amazing and gives you proper details, well according to her he's not an actual being but a reflection of myself, and also my archetype/ideal and the way to know if someone is 'the one' is if he reminds me of this guy somehow. I (want to) believe her, but at the same time...it just feels so real doesn't it? What do you think?

Oh, and your Australian dolphin dream sounds really cool. I'd like to think that's the purpose of life haha! bring out the wine
Old 27-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
whiterain

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgy View Post
I think with lucid dreaming, you are both within and out of your body at the same time. When you feel you are ‘out there’, you can still feel the way your body is lying in bed. I try to get my astral body in lotus position, to try and meditate in the lucid state. When I do this, I feel my legs keep pulling back to the sleeping position. I also feel my head pulling me back. As soon as I swallow, that’s it, I’m back in my body.

I don’t see why we don’t have shared dreams. Sometimes I find myself lucid in a really fearful dream, where there are lots of other people. When I realise this, I laugh, and tell them not to be scared as it is only a dream. I’ve always wondered if this has ever made someone else dreaming to become lucid. Sometimes I then have a conversation with them and try to get them to fly.

The best thing you can use lucid dreaming for it to overcome scary dreams. Turn around and face the evil that is chasing you (generally there is nothing there). If you are about to fall, jump and fly instead. If you are dying, just go through the death, don’t fight it, you don’t die.

I found the more I did all this and the fears dropped away, my dreaming state was completely transformed. It’s really worth working at. I wouldn’t fly around too much outside of yourself looking for someone, there are many negative entities out there if you don’t know what you are doing. Instead when you are lucid, try to still your mind, whilst feeling your body. Breathe and feel where you find yourself. Eventually, you may feel a great wind of energy rushing around yourself.

Happy dreaming.
idgy
great advice. many of my best lucid dreams have come from just sitting and observing. i try to meditate, but flying has a powerful pull
Old 27-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
pennydrop

[QUOTE=bibimbap;1059459151]
Ok I'm gonna try to 'see' how the pyramids were built, for the next two weeks every night. I'm doing reality checks several times a day, and I'll try out some of these techniques..there's a lot of info here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_D...echniques#MILD
What say you?
/QUOTE]

ok I'll read through it all and get back to you. Quite interested in Giza ... shan't be tonight though.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions." — Confucius

"Life is full of obstacle illusions" ... Grant Frazier. Be wary of those who need to discredit you ...
pennydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #20
trappedinameatsuit

I prefer flying and have always flew when lucid in a dream. It feels awesome! It's like you're pushing some sort of energy from below your feet and it boost you up. I wish I could fly here in the physical like in dreams.
trappedinameatsuit is offline   Reply With Quote