Quote:
Originally Posted by gaxy View Post
Doh.... Slaps head
Old 07-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #55782
tajas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
All joking aside, I must agree, there seems to be no obvious link between them (Apart from the obvious of course).
And there seems to be no info on how they met.
Savile MUST have been working for him in some capacity MI5 (or equiverlant) perhaps??
I may have missed this, but does Savile say WHY he cycled to France in his book?
Give me a sec.

I'll take a look!

Just: "I happened to read one day that the cross-Channel ferries
had started. Freedom was too tempting..."

He was most concerned to get to Le Touquet, though.

Struggled his way for four days through post-War Calais
to get there.

Took a look at the "shattered" Hotel Picardy, then
immediately set off back for home!

A bit odd, that.

Last edited by tajas; 07-03-2013 at 12:47 AM.
tajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #55783
buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonalu View Post
That woman is a fraud, I watched her on television when the news broke re vile, I can spot fake a mile away, she came across as someone who had practiced her fake emotions and hands on face gestures as though they had been practiced in front of a mirror , the voice was Thatcher trying to be stern yet caring,
everything screamed fake fake.
This is a woman who had a long affair, from my memory eight years with her friends husband, imagine the fake front she put on to her then friend Mrs Wilcox.
You have to be some kind of fraud to carry that off.
This is a woman who had a long affair, from my memory eight years with her friends husband, imagine the fake front she put on to her then friend Mrs Wilcox.

Well I did not know that.
I must agree oonalu, she deserves an oscar.
buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #55784
michaelulterra
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangthedj View Post
In a speech delivered earlier, Mr Starmer said: "We cannot afford another Savile moment".

Hundreds of cases where there was no prosecution could be re-examined.'

Now WTF is this?

Cannot afford 'another Savile moment'? What does that mean? Cannot afford to have a prolific pederast and procurer of children and enabler at the heart of the establishment to be caught?
Reminds me of the time Janet Street Porter (Esther's Friend) said about the BBC -"despite all their systems, they couldn't contain" the story.

Last edited by michaelulterra; 07-03-2013 at 12:46 AM.
michaelulterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #55785
fred1955

Quote:
Mountbatten's courier with the Hitler/Windsor correspondence?
Like the idea.
But surely not on a push bike ???
Perfect , surely?

He had the range.
What could go wrong with a pushbike that could not easily be fixed, even in postwar Europe?
No accountability.
Experience ducking and diving through Northern ganglands.

NATIVE CUNNING
fred1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #55786
oonalu

Link to this page
Byline: By GEOFFREY LAKEMAN and JAKE MORRIS

A WOMAN disappeared from the luxury liner QE2 while passengers partied during a pounds 2,000-a-head New Year cruise.

As soon as it was discovered she was missing, the ship sailed back to its last port of call in Madeira - but there was no sign of her.

TV celebrity Sir Jimmy Savile was among those on board for the 16-night Atlantic voyage.

Detectives yesterday quizzed passengers and crew about the 62-year-old German woman when the QE2 returned to Southampton docks.

She vanished early on New Year's Eve as the ship sailed through the Bay of Biscay. The sea was calm. The alarm was raised by her husband.

One passenger said: "We had to return to our cabins while the crew did a head count and a detailed search of the ship. We spent four hours sailing back the way we had come, trying to find her, but it was hopeless."

An aerial search was also carried out by Portuguese rescue services.

Cunard spokesman Eric Flounders said: "We regret a female passenger was reported missing on December 31." A Hampshire Police spokeswoman added: "The last confirmed sighting of her was while the ship was sailing in waters off Portugal."

Det Insp Dean Gower said: "We do not believe there are suspicious circumstances."

The QE2 was due to leave last night for her 25th round-the-world trip.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DEATH+...a.-a0156605736
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #55787
sweetcheeks

Anyone know what the outcome of Graham Ovenden's court case in Truro Crown Court was today? Court case results are coming up with nothing.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #55788
sweetcheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
Perfect , surely?

He had the range.
What could go wrong with a pushbike that could not easily be fixed, even in postwar Europe?
No accountability.
Experience ducking and diving through Northern ganglands.

NATIVE CUNNING
Hmmm, yes I have always wondered about the bikes. Great place for documents, rolled up inside the frame of a bike.

Was also interested to hear of Savile's involvement with Viking bikes and Northern Ireland. The bike parts were shipped over and assembled in situ. Documents, drugs or arms???

Records released from Northern Ireland Government archives reveal that Jimmy Savile played an instrumental role in persuading the Viking Bicycle company to locate a factory in Londonderry.

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk...2008-1-2094744

Modern Vikings
After the original Viking Bicycle Company ceased production in 1967, the company name was purchased and the business was resurrected in various forms over the intervening years. In the 1980s, American owners of the Viking brand set up the business in Londonderry, Northern Ireland. The Northern Ireland-based Viking bicycle company does not manufacture parts, but instead assembles bicycles from generic parts made elsewhere

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...#ixzz2M5Qx04GF
Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #55789
oonalu

Jersey Police Investigated Jimmy Savile For Indecent Assault at Haut de la Garenne

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Jersey.....-a0304053720
Old 07-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #55790
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajas View Post
Give me a sec.

I'll take a look!

Just: "I happened to read one day that the cross-Channel ferries
had started. Freedom was too tempting..."

He was most concerned to get to Le Touquet, though.

Struggled his way for four days through post-War Calais
to get there.

Took a look at the "shattered" Hotel Picardy, then
immediately set off back for home!

A bit odd, that.
Follow the money.

http://www.nordmag.fr/nord_pas_de_ca...quet_retro.htm

Blah blah nice place, all the rage....
Quote:
Ces villas sont intégrées au tissu végétal à travers l'illustration du Touquet Syndicate Limited ( organisme créé par un homme d'affaire anglais qui étend le domaine, développe les activités et  les équipements hôteliers ) gérant les jardins et leur relation avec l'urbanisme.
Approx translation in O level Frog

These villas are integrated in the tissue of vegetation through the illustration of the Touquet Syndicate Ltd (an organisation created by an English businessman who knew the place, developed the activities and the hotels) manager of the gardens and their relation with the urbanisation.

Ish.

This from searching for "buildings around Hotel Picardy"

And so to TSL, the company: https://www.duedil.com/company/00077...dicate-limited

Quote:
Le Touquet Syndicate Limited was registered on 09 May 1903 with its registered office in London. The business has a status of active. They were founded by Jean Walker, Alan Bobroff, and George Walker. There are 3 shareholders of Le Touquet Syndicate Limited. They have 1 subsidiary. The company has assets totalling £51,716,569 plus total liabilities totalling £40,495,960. They owe £745,768 to creditors and are due £309,480 from trade debtors. Last year, they paid £-7,685 in tax and had £584,062 in cash reserves. According to their last financial report, the business made a gross profit of £8,695,826. Their book value is £7,074,599, and the value of their shareholders' fund is £11,220,608.

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 07-03-2013 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Used a dictionary
gobsmackedmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #55791
measle_weasel

Some off-topic posts have been deleted. Please try and remain on topic and keep chit-chat to someplace else.

Thanks.

Everyone knows the world is full of stupid people

Knowledge, what is it? Do you have it?
measle_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #55792
michaelulterra
Inactive

perhaps Savile was in France helping some of ze germans get to England?

also, for your entertainment

michaelulterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #55793
buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonalu View Post
Jersey Police Investigated Jimmy Savile For Indecent Assault at Haut de la Garenne

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Jersey.....-a0304053720
What a great find oonalu !!!

And with that I will say
"Time for bed" said Zeberdee.
Night all, catch you tommorow

"No arrests today then", Oh shit I am going to have to get married now
Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #55794
northernlass

Quote:
Dennis Peace became as well known locally as his first boss at the Leeds Mecca ballroom, Sir Jimmy Saville.

At the sheltered housing complex where he lived in Bramhope, Leeds, Mr Peace was the reserved gentlemen who bought fellow residents Easter eggs and chocolates at Christmas.

A lifelong keen cyclist, Mr Peace was found with serious head and chest injuries after coming off his bike on the B6160 Bolton Abbey to Burnsall road last Thursday. It is suspected he may have fallen after being taken ill. He died in Leeds General Infirmary the following day.

Ah Just near Barden Towers then
was just looking at this chap as saw mention he spent a lot of time in Otley, as did Savile ...that place keeps cropping up

"I don't know what Dennis Peace did after he left the Mecca. I think that he still lives at Bramhope. He is always in Otley and mixes with the cyclists at the Wharfe View Cafe (Dunny's) next to the bridge. Often, he is with Jimmy Savile. I also remember seeing them last year at the side of the road between Leathley and Beckwithshaw, watching the Tour of Britain cycle race (in which Jimmy once took part in 1951)"

also in this forum that savile had a flat at the Locarno? handy
http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Mes...artAtMessage=0

Just been speaking to my brother as wanted to ask hi about the abandoned house with the pentegram on floor, he said its up in the centre of Blakey Ridge near rosedale, (up on the moor)
he also told me Savile used to go to Robin hoods bay every year for a murder mystery weekend
sadly my brother doesnt know the location of the club in whitby..he sounded quite miffed as he usually knows about any local weirdness.so drew a blank there.
northernlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #55795
buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlass View Post
was just looking at this chap as saw mention he spent a lot of time in Otley, as did Savile ...that place keeps cropping up

"I don't know what Dennis Peace did after he left the Mecca. I think that he still lives at Bramhope. He is always in Otley and mixes with the cyclists at the Wharfe View Cafe (Dunny's) next to the bridge. Often, he is with Jimmy Savile. I also remember seeing them last year at the side of the road between Leathley and Beckwithshaw, watching the Tour of Britain cycle race (in which Jimmy once took part in 1951)"

also in this forum that savile had a flat at the Locarno? handy
http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Mes...artAtMessage=0

Just been speaking to my brother as wanted to ask hi about the abandoned house with the pentegram on floor, he said its up in the centre of Blakey Ridge near rosedale, (up on the moor)
he also told me Savile used to go to Robin hoods bay every year for a murder mystery weekend
sadly my brother doesnt know the location of the club in whitby..he sounded quite miffed as he usually knows about any local weirdness.so drew a blank there.

I am only about 3 miles from Otley, Wharfe View Cafe, is still a magnet for cyclists.
When I posted this quote I found it rather strange that Denis Peace died on the road near Barden Tower, that Savile frequented quite often.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #55796
gaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcheeks View Post
Anyone know what the outcome of Graham Ovenden's court case in Truro Crown Court was today? Court case results are coming up with nothing.
From yesterday:
For Application - Hearing finished for TERENCE THOMAS FITT - 10:25

Where does 74-year old Fitt fit in?

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/...?Release=13770
gaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #55797
tajas
Inactive

Hey, this is a new one to me.
Published 31 October 2012,
Savile's birthday!

'Abused' child poses next to Jimmy Savile's
Rolls-Royce in chilling picture released by lawyers
as they appeal for information over attack by late
TV star
: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-TV-star.html
tajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #55798
iluminawti

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobsmackedmum View Post
Follow the money.

http://www.nordmag.fr/nord_pas_de_ca...quet_retro.htm

Blah blah nice place, all the rage....

Approx translation in O level Frog

These villas are integrated in the tissue of vegetation through the illustration of the Touquet Syndicate Ltd (an organisation created by an English businessman who knew the place, developed the activities and the hotels) manager of the gardens and their relation with the urbanisation.

Ish.

This from searching for "buildings around Hotel Picardy"

And so to TSL, the company: https://www.duedil.com/company/00077...dicate-limited
I looked at that page on wiki an what got me thinking, was a yorkshire man called john r whitley and his banker friend. So VILE was headed to that hotel and he was from yorkshire. Which was a rich mans hotel by the sounds of things from the link. Who was he going to meet there? or pick up what ever? It was bombed so back he came. I doubt if he returned empty handed. He grew up being a runner for some connected people in leeds. So he was wide to smuggling stuff around.
iluminawti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #55799
sweetcheeks

Default Graham Stuart Ovenden

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaxy View Post
From yesterday:
For Application - Hearing finished for TERENCE THOMAS FITT - 10:25

Where does 74-year old Fitt fit in?

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/...?Release=13770
Ah, appears that Ovenden's court appearance has been over-running hence it appears they allowed another hearing in the morning of the 6/3/2013 for Fitt at Truro Crown Court. His case is not related.

So far Ovenden has appeared in court 15th Feb and then 4th 5th & 6th March. It is still ongoing. Cannot check until 10am todays listings.

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hea...ts-results.php
Old 07-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #55800
sweetcheeks

Oh and welcome back Tajas