Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 12-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
tinmenace

Arrow The Last Book You Read/Reading?

What is the last book you read?....and what did you think about it?
tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
mo0n5tar
Banned

platos republic, i found it to be the instruction towards a betterment of our society, by reading the book and then viewing the current affairs it was so obvious how far ahead of his time plato was, his ideas on democracy encapsulated the ridiculousness of Tony Blairs public image, the leader in a democracy will trade political substance to appeal to the undereducated and generally ignorant masses, making politics and subsequentley life little more than a popularity contest.
I recommend you give it a read.
mo0n5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
tru3

"a game as old as empire", ed. by stephen hiatt.

the follow up book to "confessions of an economic hit man".

free excerpt here:

http://www.economichitman.com/TheBook/excerpts.htm

One Confessions supporter wrote a letter to his contacts that stated, “I decided to share my excitement about this with you because I feel that this is not just a book—it is an event, with powerful cultural and political ramifications. This book turns our understanding of history upside down, and I implore you to read it as soon as you possibly can. The more people who are aware, the more easily change can be brought about.”

This is what made Confessions successful, a large pool of passionate supporters who created a juggernaut word-of-mouth campaign. And it is this passion that Berrett-Koehler now hopes to build on by publishing the first follow-on book to Confessions—A Game As Old As Empire.

these books are causing a type of momentum mentioned in the art of war: that of a huge round boulder rolling down a moutainside thousands of feet high.

a must-read!
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
lookfar

Dolphin Connection by Joan Ocean

Amazing book, totally inspiring & uplifting, loved it
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/ http://www.waykiwayki.com/
Dolphins playing in bubble rings
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookfar View Post
Dolphin Connection by Joan Ocean

Amazing book, totally inspiring & uplifting, loved it
Haven't read it but done allot of surfing on her websites www.etfriends.com and www.joanocean.com:)

Have you emailed her? I have a few times and got back some lovely emails, she is up there with a meeting with David

Her place in Hawaii is just beautiful, what a different life, swimming with dolphins and being surrounded by such positive loving energy .............
Old 12-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
lookfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
Haven't read it but done allot of surfing on her websites www.etfriends.com and www.joanocean.com:)

Have you emailed her? I have a few times and got back some lovely emails, she is up there with a meeting with David

Her place in Hawaii is just beautiful, what a different life, swimming with dolphins and being surrounded by such positive loving energy .............
Hi lightbeing

It's definitely worth a read IMO. I've got the other book to start as soon as I finish my Don Croft one.

I have checked out the websites, but not indepth as they contain a wealth of information & some beautiful pictures. I need to dedicate some time to a more thorough search soon. It's always been a dream of mine to swim with them & experience their energy... I need to make it a reality!!
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
Old 12-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
xdnax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru3 View Post
"a game as old as empire", ed. by stephen hiatt.

the follow up book to "confessions of an economic hit man".

free excerpt here:

http://www.economichitman.com/TheBook/excerpts.htm

One Confessions supporter wrote a letter to his contacts that stated, “I decided to share my excitement about this with you because I feel that this is not just a book—it is an event, with powerful cultural and political ramifications. This book turns our understanding of history upside down, and I implore you to read it as soon as you possibly can. The more people who are aware, the more easily change can be brought about.”

This is what made Confessions successful, a large pool of passionate supporters who created a juggernaut word-of-mouth campaign. And it is this passion that Berrett-Koehler now hopes to build on by publishing the first follow-on book to Confessions—A Game As Old As Empire.

these books are causing a type of momentum mentioned in the art of war: that of a huge round boulder rolling down a moutainside thousands of feet high.

a must-read!
is this book available in the UK do you know? sounds really good, but can't find it on play.com

im reading children of the matrix at the moment. the only icke book i haven't read.
i bought a book called mind magic which seemed all perfectly spiritual and good but it just focusses (from what i've read) on "hey, this is how you can lose weight / attract money / stop smoking" etc and that is a bit tedious 4 me.

a mate lent me a book about bin laden (an OFFICIAL one) so i'm gunna read that. i know it'll probably be full of shit, but how can i form opinions if i don't know both sides, right?

btw, check out my songs on myspace!!! (link below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySr5BFQvtv0
xdnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
auron
Banned

Food of the Gods - By Terence Mckenna. An amazing read about Shamanic cultures, DMT, mushrooms etc. Really mind opening material
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookfar View Post
Hi lightbeing

It's definitely worth a read IMO. I've got the other book to start as soon as I finish my Don Croft one.

I have checked out the websites, but not indepth as they contain a wealth of information & some beautiful pictures. I need to dedicate some time to a more thorough search soon. It's always been a dream of mine to swim with them & experience their energy... I need to make it a reality!!
Hi lookfar,

I will have to get the dolphin connection, it's funny you mention swimming with dolphins, I would like to do this as well!........

What with the Mars connection, now dolphins, we both have the same aspirations, spooky!!

I feel that the dolphins and Mars are connected, hmmm?.................
Old 12-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
auron
Banned

Here is a link to it:

http://www.cyjack.com/Cognition/FoodoftheGods.pdf
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #11
chattanova

A former pentagon official reveals the U.S. Government's shocking UFO cover up 'THE DAY AFTER ROSWELL' by COL. Philip J. Corso (..he's now dead) .
It's an amazing book, he tells us how he spearheaded the Army's reverse-engineering project that led to today's:
Integrated circuit chips , Fiber optics, Lasers, Super-tenacity fibers and ''seeded'' the Roswell alien technology to giants of American industry !

Here's an interview wit corso about the book
www.v-j-enterprises.com/corso.html
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
tinmenace

Wow! Everyone is so intense! I'm really impressed with the choice of books so far!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #13
lucifershammer

The Hiram Key by christopher knight and robert lomas.

fascinating. it seemed every other paragraph i was leaning back in my chair scratching my head thinking 'whoa'.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #14
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifershammer View Post
... it seemed every other paragraph i was leaning back in my chair scratching my head thinking 'whoa'.
I LOVE books like that!
Old 13-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #15
stikmata
Banned

last book for me was this absolute gem.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6469/David...Biggest-Secret

i'm sure most here are familiar with it.... maybe some aren't though.

stikmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #16
whitelightrabbit

just finished amy tan 'the kitchen god's wife' about ten minutes ago.

i like her work. she's the author of 'the joy luck club'. this one had some chinese WW2 history, and a peek into the mind of the chinese american immigrant. *thumbs up*
whitelightrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #17
lookfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
Hi lookfar,

I will have to get the dolphin connection, it's funny you mention swimming with dolphins, I would like to do this as well!........

What with the Mars connection, now dolphins, we both have the same aspirations, spooky!!

I feel that the dolphins and Mars are connected, hmmm?.................
Hi lightbeing

I highly recommend getting hold of the books, they're very uplifting & have made me want to make my dream a reality, for various reasons.

Hehe, yeah I'm up for all the good things in life & EVERYTHING is connected!!

Old 13-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #18
i_am

Well I decided to take a break from Spiritual and/or conspiracy books. Someone gave me Diana Gabaldon's First book in the Outlander Series to read. Well six books and 6,000 or more pages later, I have finally finished all that are written to date.

I was taking time out but found so much interesting information in these books that I would probably not have taken much notice of if I was not where I am spiritualy, and aware. They are works of fiction but all of the history and geograpical references are real. There was stuff about Freemasons in Scotland and the connections they made in Europe and the New World through this association. There was an episode with Mayer Rothschild and many more historic figures and events. So, you see, you can't take time out. When you start on this path, you can only go forward
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 03:00 AM   #19
ratiocinator
Inactive

The New Ethics Of Eating, by Erik Markus:

Download link:

If you are unfamiliar with the information contained in this book, then prepare yourself for a shock.
ratiocinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #20
a fine naked fellow

The last book I read was ‘the science and the art of tracking‘.
By tom brown jr. which I liked a lot.
And the book before that was ‘hidden messages in the water‘.
By masaru emoto which I also liked a lot.

My favorite david icke book is I am me I am free.
Plus children of the matrix is good.
a fine naked fellow is offline   Reply With Quote