Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

Old 08-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
fudgetusk

Default The Irony of Icke's books

He claims he hated school. Boasts that he never took an exam. yet his books are full of names and data of other kinds that is just like going to school!
I swear I can barely understand most of it when he goes on about who is related to what king and as for his political stuff! JUst like being at school. Too much info, Dave. Can't take it in. Think I'll not bother to revise.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
cosmicpurpose1.618

There's a difference between learning dense amounts of info for ones own enrichment, and learning it just to regurgitate it for a test or exam.

I don't remember David asking anyone to take a test on how much they know about the global conspiracy, that was never the point.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #3
jake_ball

Well, youre not FORCED to read his books Fudge.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
He claims he hated school. Boasts that he never took an exam. yet his books are full of names and data of other kinds that is just like going to school!
I swear I can barely understand most of it when he goes on about who is related to what king and as for his political stuff! JUst like being at school. Too much info, Dave. Can't take it in. Think I'll not bother to revise.
Icke is actually an educational phenomenon in his own right, a lot his work would easily pass as Phd. level material.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
the tealady
Forum Advisor

David is a genuinely a nice, sincere person. I've never seen any displays of ego during our chats. He is really a very quiet humble man who tempers that with an inexhaustible passion. He has to be getting spiritual guidance and strength i, from outside in order to produce the amount of material that he has. Remember, unlike others, he doesnt pay teams of people to go looking for him, ot go looking for people to interview to pad it all ou and tdo the editing etc. That is his life.

Last year I hit a very rough patch and when he heard of it he immediately got in contact and was a tremendous help. Im very grateful and I never thought he would take time out to reach out and offer support. He is an amazing gentleman and I realise not everyone gets to spend one on one time with him, but trust me if you did you would see his realness.

Flying from Oz to Wembley was some of the best money we have invested in our spiritual and consciousness journey because unlike a lot of other researchers and presenters there is no pressure to accept or believe and in fact we are encouraged to find our own path of the truth via our own research, fact checking and scrutinising of fact from fiction.

In fact I think he would be really disappointed if people bought the books, listened to the videos and thought right, I have got that bit and just hang out for the next instalment.

We are meant to use his work as a springboard to add to the overall body of knowledge and then share it with others.

I really dont know what else I can say on the subject, except I find it a bit hurtful to hear kneejerk and not well thought out criticism that justs gets poured out indiscriminately.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

Quote:
That's the nature of research. I can only handle so much of certain subjects at any one time and have to be in the correct frame of mind to read about them. If I'm not in the right frame of mind, it will just be like a load of information that my mind can't or doesn't want to make sense of.

I'm not the type to learn academically, rather I learn by immersing myself in things and getting familiar. I have my own way of learning or absorbing information. David likes to show where he got his research from, so that people can check things out for themselves. Maybe just go back to the information at a later date and see if you're in a better frame of mind for digesting it. I certainly have to be in the right frame of mind for certain things, otherwise it will just seem like a mess or blur in my head.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friend
Old 10-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #7
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Going back to your Op Fudge, I'm a great believer in the 'you only get what out what you put in' ethic.

David Icke is not some Reader's Digest easy-read designed for coffee breaks, you do have to apply yourself to take the reins of the beast he's tried to harness with his exhaustive research over many pages and attend to the text. Now, you can read Icke books two pages at a time or twenty pages at a time - up to you, but in the long run I personally find it very rewarding in fact 'addictive' as he has the knack for me of getting you on a roll (...just one more chapter...and another...and another). I now keep a special notebook to break bits down into note form so I remember as I'm studying Icke. Do you hear that David ? I'm not just reading you I'm studying you !! Not sure if that was your intention !

Take a book like Alice in Wonderland World Trade Centre Disaster .. I knew about the cover up conspiracies long before this book came out, watching a film called Loose Change, so I already knew a lot of what he was going to say, so I started with the last chapter first which covers the Reptilian agenda of it all and worked backwards ( there's no one way to read an Icke book) . I have found that grabbing the bits that interest you personally first the enables you to cherry pick at the other bits and delve deeper into new avenues which he opens up and how it interconnects with everything else. That's how I do it anyway.

Biggest Secret is highly re-readable as it's so densely packed and I think re-reads are necessary in being able to absorb and gain a proper understanding ( as with any good literature). Rome wasn't built in a day and all that...

His work is certainly is not mass produced, off-the-peg, easy read fast fodder. Far from it. There are plenty of others doing that. It is very demanding of the reader, yet on balance, tempered with humour and wit, to offer friendly companionship on the journey. But what a journey as he engages you my mind muscle certainly feels it's been exercised by following it all. I've said this before that his sportsman's stamina comes across in his writing which he could never have achieved had he never been a professional footballer. Playwright Joe Orton (Leicester's other claim to fame besides David Icke said something on the lines that a good writer needs to be as tough and disciplined as a soldier (Orton used to practice weight lifting during his spell in prison). Incidentally, discovered recently from our librarians that Icke's books are very popular with prison inmates.

My advice is if you're struggling with his concepts which do cover vast areas, take it one bit at a time. There's no rush or deadline. The more you do the easier it gets.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 10-10-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Icke is actually an educational phenomenon in his own right, a lot his work would easily pass as Phd. level material.
You're right. You need a phd in Icke to understand it. Still don't get the holographic world bit. Something to do with lasers...
Old 10-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #9
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
David is a genuinely a nice, sincere person. I've never seen any displays of ego during our chats. He is really a very quiet humble man who tempers that with an inexhaustible passion. He has to be getting spiritual guidance and strength i, from outside in order to produce the amount of material that he has. Remember, unlike others, he doesnt pay teams of people to go looking for him, ot go looking for people to interview to pad it all ou and tdo the editing etc. That is his life.

Last year I hit a very rough patch and when he heard of it he immediately got in contact and was a tremendous help. Im very grateful and I never thought he would take time out to reach out and offer support. He is an amazing gentleman and I realise not everyone gets to spend one on one time with him, but trust me if you did you would see his realness.

Flying from Oz to Wembley was some of the best money we have invested in our spiritual and consciousness journey because unlike a lot of other researchers and presenters there is no pressure to accept or believe and in fact we are encouraged to find our own path of the truth via our own research, fact checking and scrutinising of fact from fiction.

In fact I think he would be really disappointed if people bought the books, listened to the videos and thought right, I have got that bit and just hang out for the next instalment.

We are meant to use his work as a springboard to add to the overall body of knowledge and then share it with others.

I really dont know what else I can say on the subject, except I find it a bit hurtful to hear kneejerk and not well thought out criticism that justs gets poured out indiscriminately.
Who's criticising him? I was criticising myself.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #10
cosmic tramp

Quote:
You're right. You need a phd in Icke to understand it. Still don't get the holographic world bit. Something to do with lasers...
Well I think that's enough to make most people feel a bit...you know...
Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #11
tildatod
Banned

In general, family trees are confusing. We researched ours a bit but it was quite hard work remembering who was who.

You can take B-vitamins (a vitamin B complex) and fish oils to improve your memory.

Politics is easy. Don't get too bogged down with dates and times, just focus on the crimes.
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #12
elshaper

Quote:
Give it time fudge. Keep on asking, meditating on the subject etc.
We all didn't come to understanding whatever the subjects we are discussing here. I've questioned, argued a lot about satan/lucifer topic in the past and I feel, I am finally, getting a clarity on the subject. This took months because I had to go outside of the conspiracy community and learn many different things like history, religions to make sense of it.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Well I think that's enough to make most people feel a bit...you know...
I think making your own will be a good beginning tostart understanding it.
Nothing like examining the visual aspect of it. You can do this activity with kids too. I would make my own but I don't own an iphone.

elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #14
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Give it time fudge. Keep on asking, meditating on the subject etc.
We all didn't come to understanding whatever the subjects we are discussing here. I've questioned, argued a lot about satan/lucifer topic in the past and I feel, I am finally, getting a clarity on the subject. This took months because I had to go outside of the conspiracy community and learn many different things like history, religions to make sense of it.
I've read PERCEPTION DECEPTION nine times and I always come away from it knowing the same facts. I doubt I could pass a test based on it. There's just too much to learn.

Last edited by fudgetusk; 11-10-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #15
cosmic tramp

Quote:
I've read PERCEPTION DECEPTION nine times and I always come away from it knowing the same facts. I doubt I could pass a test based on it. There's just too much to learn.
Make notes. Read your notes. Speak your notes. Practice with mates. Scare them off...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 11-10-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I think making your own will be a good beginning tostart understanding it.
Nothing like examining the visual aspect of it. You can do this activity with kids too. I would make my own but I don't own an iphone.

Ni-i-i-i-i-ice. My phone's not an iphone either my little squirrel, it's a ten squid job. Actually the phone itself cost only £1.99 plus a £10 top up.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 11-10-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 24-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #17
raburgeson

The irony governments will admit to David's facts 10 to 15 years later. The alphabet media however, never mentions anything about David or any of his topics.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #18
Rose1221

I reckon he's such a blessing, David.
I love how much research he's done and the way he presents it to us so clearly and concisely. He never asks us to believe it all but points us within.
I don't think David gives us all this data because he thinks we should remember it verbatim. I think he is giving it to us to initiate a shift in our consciousness, which might be almost imperceptive when it starts. No doubt about it, his info shifts us out of general malaise which is a great first step. It creates a disconnect in the individual mind from the collective hypnotized mind. It's not possible to go back when that happens.
I reckon the actual info he presents is secondary - I think it serves the purpose of shifting us out of the doldrums of being confused about why our culture doesn't seem to add up. But David's main intent seems to be ushering us beyond all that to our true natures.
Rose1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #19
paddy_blake

Reading your posts recently, I can tell that conspiracy research is not for you. I suggest you take up another hobby.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #20
Rose1221

Or, just take a different approach. Read the material in a relaxed manner and trust that the info that's useful to you is going in, then see if you feel a bit expanded, curious, lighter or different in any way after it!

Can you imagine if David wasn't so thorough? He'd have yobbos left right and center jumping up and down claiming he wasn't giving enough evidence, research or info.

If your self is telling you it can't be bothered with heavy, detailed material right now, that's valuable guidance! Follow it!

Last edited by Rose1221; 02-11-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Rose1221 is offline   Reply With Quote