Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Lawful Rebellion / Non Compliance / Sovereignty

Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
robbo95

Default DVLA - Failure to notify disposal of vehicle

Hello peeps some help if you will

I sold a car on the 29.10.2009 and last month I received a letter saying I failed to notify them that the car had been scraped on the 01.12.09.
I filled in the form with the persons name and address I sold the car too and they have written back as they did not receive anything (logbook) so will have to pay the £35 or after the 25.03.2010 £55 or this could go to court as there is no reason to alter the original decision

Anyone know how I can challenge this?

Thanks
robbo95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
danster82

when you sold the car did you notify the dvla? Do you have records yourself of your notice? if you have records your self of your notice should be no problem in court.

Last edited by danster82; 10-03-2010 at 02:35 PM.
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
robbo95

they claimed I'm still the registered keeper.

I the first letter said on the back if I was not then provied the name of the person which i did do with his address.

and thats what i got back

"there is no reason to alter the original decision"
Old 10-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
jimmi

If, as you say, you have done everything legallythen you've got nothing to worry about, just write them a letter recorded delivery, noting the relevant points ie you have told them that you were no longer the registered keeper, and that you have told them who you transferred 'ownership' to, including the name and address of the guy, and that should be all you need to do.
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
number_6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo95 View Post
I filled in the form with the persons name and address I sold the car too and they have written back as they did not receive anything (logbook)
Did you send off the logbook to DVLA yourself or did you give it to the new keeper to send?
You should send the front page and give the small green slip to the new keeper. Is that what you did?
number_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
robbo95

Yep, sent it off but the funny thing was I did get a letter in December saying someone else had requested for ownership. So I thought sound the log books been switched.

Now I've done a little digging around and it's not uncommon for the V5 going missing either post or more likely the DVLA

should I stand by that story or just state a letter of fact and send that to them?

If I decide to let them take it to court or pass on the a nice friendly DCA what would happen?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
number_6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo95 View Post
Yep, sent it off but the funny thing was I did get a letter in December saying someone else had requested for ownership. So I thought sound the log books been switched.

Now I've done a little digging around and it's not uncommon for the V5 going missing either post or more likely the DVLA

should I stand by that story or just state a letter of fact and send that to them?

If I decide to let them take it to court or pass on the a nice friendly DCA what would happen?

Thanks
Be prepared for a long fight.
Inform DVLA in writing that you sent off the change of keeper as required.
Their reply will point out that it is normal to receive a letter of acknowledgment from them confirming the change of keeper and it is up to you to chase them if no such letter arrives within six weeks, and they will not change their position. However, nowhere in law is this stated. You are not required by law to enquire of DVLA why you have not received such a letter, your obligation is to send off the front part of the V5c which is exactly what you have done.
Inform DVLA that you have fulfilled your obligation as required by law and if they disagree you would rather the matter be settled by Court.
They will probably pass the matter to a DCA, who it is safe to ignore.
A DCA cannot take you to Court regarding this. Only DVLA can.
If DVLA do take it to Court, come back here. These cases are normally easily won.
number_6 is offline   Reply With Quote