Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 13-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
vblackshadow

Question Water advice needed

Hey guys, I was hoping that you might be so kind as to offer some advice on the best way to go for clean water with a good amount of mineral content.

After becoming aware of the NWO and flouride etc. at the beginning of ths year I made the choice to switch to bottled water.. I know, I know silly, but I remember seeing that Highland Spring (UK) did not contain flouride, so I thought "great!". Little did I realise that bottled water is terrible for the environment and probably not great for my inner world either.

So I'm ready to bite the bullet and splash out (sorry ) up to around £250 if the filters will last for a few years (like the Berkey ones claim to).

Here is the one I am looking at:

https://berkey-waterfilters.co.uk/co...-filter-system

Now I am wondering whether to get the additional flouride filters, even though my locality is not currently artificially fluridated (or so they say). I am concerned that flouridation would commence without any notification. Berkey offer this flouride filter:

https://berkey-waterfilters.co.uk/co...e-filters-pf-2

One final question I have is regarding the mineral content of the tap water to be filtered... Although Berkey filters retain the mineral content of the water, are they generally present in high enough quantities, or should one look at other mineralisation technologies in addition to the filter?

Thanks for any and all help. I did read the thread regarding water for when/ if SHTF, but for now I just want to know I'm drinking the cleanest, most energising water possible, without trekking into the country and lugging back gallons of water every few days!

Peas & Unity - Vincent Blackshadow
vblackshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 01:27 PM   #2
paddy_blake

If you want to go all out, I suggest getting a distiller, then adding mineral drops to it. You can get rid of the metallic taste by dropping it through a carbon filter (most distillers already have this on them). If you're a bit more new agey, you might want to put the water in direct sunlight or let it flow around so it gains its natural form.

Only problem with this method is the cost of running a distiller for 4 hours (for 4 litres). Probably cheaper than buying water from a supermarket, but it still costs.

Peace.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
vblackshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
If you want to go all out, I suggest getting a distiller, then adding mineral drops to it. You can get rid of the metallic taste by dropping it through a carbon filter (most distillers already have this on them). If you're a bit more new agey, you might want to put the water in direct sunlight or let it flow around so it gains its natural form.

Only problem with this method is the cost of running a distiller for 4 hours (for 4 litres). Probably cheaper than buying water from a supermarket, but it still costs.

Peace.
Thanks Paddy, I've gone for the berkey after some careful consideration. Plus, if SHtF then it's small enough to lug about and i won't need a power supply.

Either would have been infinitely better than my current hydration solution! Thanks for your help dude

- Vincent Blackshadow
vblackshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #4
MariaConsuelo

if I may say, distiller is not a good choice, even if you add minerals to it.. I would recommend going with real good filter, here is what considered to be best.
Reverse Osmosis Filter

In addition to removing chlorine, inorganic, and organic contaminants in your water, an RO filter will also remove about 80 percent of the fluoride and most DPBs. The major drawback is the expense of installing an RO filter as most need a plumber to get up and running.

Ion Exchange Filter

Ion exchange is designed to remove dissolved salts in the water, such as calcium. This system actually softens the water or exchanges natural-forming mineral ions in the water with its own ions, thereby neutralizing their harmful effect of creating scale build-up.

The ion exchange system was originally used in boilers and other industrial situations before becoming popular in home purifying units, which usually combine the system with carbon for greater effectiveness.

Granular Carbon and Carbon Block Filters

These are the most common types of counter top and under counter water filters.

Granular carbon filters and carbon block systems perform the same process of contaminant removal, adsorption, which is the chemical or physical bond of a contaminant to the surface of the filter media.

Granular activated carbon is recognized by the EPA as the best available technology for the removal of organic chemicals like herbicides, pesticides and industrial chemicals. However, one of the downfalls of granular carbon filters is that the loose material inside can channel--the water creates pathways through the carbon material, escaping filtering.

Carbon block filters offer the same superior filtering ability but are compressed with the carbon medium in a solid form. This eliminates channeling and gives the ability to precisely combine multiple media in a sub-micron filter cartridge. By combining different media, the ability to selectively remove a wide range of contaminants can be achieved.

Ideally, you want a filtration system that offers a variety of methods to remove different contaminants. Most systems do not address a combination of organic, inorganic, cyst, sediment and metals.
MariaConsuelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 03:18 PM   #5
tildatod
Banned

We opted for a distiller. It removes everything. Just water remains. We remineralise using a pinch of salt or slice of lemon. There are health gurus who oppose distilled water, and those who support it. Do your research, and see what you think.
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #6
the apprentice
Inactive

Here you go

This is our unit, we bought it when we had our marine tank system years ago, I used the water after recovering from an operation and I recovered a lot faster.

http://www.swelluk.com/d-and-d/ro-units/

Cheap but there are also six stage versions as well, but this one will do the job nicely, comes with all the parts to DIY fit it yourself.

Takes that taste away from normal tap water, if you get a cup of tea at a friends house after using this you will notice immediately.

Don't let the fact that it's for fish put you off this product, marine fish are highly sensitive to pollutants, even the smallest amounts, if they can live happily so can we, never done us any harm to date, what I like about this system is, you can purge the filters every now and again to make them last longer.

We went for the 50 gal version for drinking and washing or food only, quite adequate, if your on a water meter they do waste quite a bit.

Last edited by the apprentice; 26-09-2016 at 03:44 PM.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
elshaper
Inactive

I would not worry about mineral content in water. You get enough minerals from your food anyway.

Fiji water bottle is BPA free.

FYI: Distilled water is dead water btw.

In case if you haven't read this thread...

Gravity water filter vs Stainless steel distiller
https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=264689

Last edited by elshaper; 26-09-2016 at 04:32 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #8
tnt1

All of you should have one of the Katadyne water pumps and get the best one they make with the ceramic filters because one of those filters last 13,000 gallons US before its got to be replaced. I know folks that have used them for many years and its in my back pack with an extra filter. Don't skimp when it comes to water. You can put your own minerals in it!
Old 26-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #9
markritter
Banned

Turns out that some bottled waters are actually just plain tap water anyway!

If you have a garden can you not stick a rain harvester in it and then just boil it before you use it? you can also get solar still that use evaporation to produce clean water, which will need warm weather to work.

Last edited by markritter; 26-09-2016 at 05:15 PM.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 05:36 PM   #10
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by markritter View Post
Turns out that some bottled waters are actually just plain tap water anyway!

If you have a garden can you not stick a rain harvester in it and then just boil it before you use it? you can also get solar still that use evaporation to produce clean water, which will need warm weather to work.
In many ways your right, here our garden really does prefer rain water to tap water, in fact we don't use tap water unless we have none left in the water bowser from the shed and greenhouse roof, the difference between the two is appreciable to the toms in the greenhouse, but if you want to use it you must keep the glass clear of greenery and slime.

A friend of ours has one of those old slate construction water tanks on top of his outside toilet, the rain is collected from the workshop roof and he flushes it free all year round, he has a proper old system at his place, its like walking into Mr Ben changing room over there tother side oft dales as they say over theer.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #11
surfsteve

Your best bet is an under the sink 5 stage water filter. You can find them for around a hundred dollars on Ebay. I like the clear ones better because you can see how much dirt they've collected. You don't need to be a plumber. Just have basic handyman skills and be able to look at the pictures and follow directions. The only problem I had was being a he man and over tightening some of the fittings. Nothing a few extra dollars and a trip the the hardware store didn't fix. I recommend putting it together on the loose side and then tightening up anything that leaks. I've installed two of them. The kits I got gave me everything I needed. All I had to do was unhook where the cold water goes to the tap and install the 3 way adapter that was provided to tap into my existing water supply.
Old 27-09-2016, 12:46 AM   #12
tommorgan

Not a university student, too much common sense, but I go to my local university because they have filtered water there and stock up old school and haul that water back up the hill to my house. I have no idea what is filtered out exactly but it fair dinkum tastes bloody amazing compared to the tap water and the tap water here is good.

Last edited by tommorgan; 27-09-2016 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo bullshit.
tommorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 01:44 AM   #13
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaConsuelo View Post
if I may say, distiller is not a good choice, even if you add minerals to it.. I would recommend going with real good filter, here is what considered to be best.
Reverse Osmosis Filter.....
Good advice in this post ....

The only way to reduce the mineral content (a good idea) is RO or distillation ... Distillation uses a lot of power and is troublesome in other ways.

RO is by far the best , but it wastes 90% of the input which goes down the drain (or could be used for flushing toilets )

Go see your local aquarium shop where RO filters are usually sold at the cheapest price , fish are very sensitive to water quality, and the people there will know about local conditions.

Misinformation out there that we need inorganic minerals ... many drink distilled water all their lives (0% minerals) .... RO will have about 10% the minerals that the supply has , which is excellent.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote