Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke Website Headlines

Old 28-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #41
Cryptoverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy0405 View Post
That's the same thing. Whatever set of spiritual beliefs &/or teachings he advocated were his religion. That set of beliefs/teachings would be true Christianity. Or do you not think Jesus believed or taught anything regarding the divine?
Jesus didn't create a religion. He just spoke the truth. Big difference. And my point is these religions are corrupted to the core. They were never once good IMO. From their start til now they are nefarious population control psychological operations IMO.

Jesus did not start christianity. If he did it would be very different I'm sure.

If you said they hijacked jesus' message a little I'd not disagree, however "Christianity" was never something jesus endorsed. Its 100% corrupt to the core IMO. It's not a hijacked religion because Jesus didn't create a religion IMO.
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 01:38 AM   #42
kappy0405

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisense View Post
Jesus didn't create a religion. He just spoke the truth. Big difference. And my point is these religions are corrupted to the core. They were never once good IMO. From their start til now they are nefarious population control psychological operations IMO.

Jesus did not start christianity. If he did it would be very different I'm sure.

If you said they hijacked jesus' message a little I'd not disagree, however "Christianity" was never something jesus endorsed. Its 100% corrupt to the core IMO. It's not a hijacked religion because Jesus didn't create a religion IMO.
Well he had nothing to do with what we call "Christianity" today, so I agree in that sense. He obviously had a set of beliefs & practices related to the divine, & technically that would be a "religion" he created. It wasn't called "Christianity" at the time, so yeah perhaps that's not the best word for it. His followers were called Nazarines & later Ebionites.

If you don't want to call it a "religion" fair enough. I guess we just disagree on what the definition of "religion" is.

=Thesis & Anti-Thesis: Don't pick a side!! Don't fall for it!!
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 02:51 AM   #43
derekbuttery

Quote:
Originally Posted by markritter View Post
I think it is organised so that large groups of people can participate on common ground. This can work but its also easy for people in power to then abuse others. Icke sees all of this stuff in a bit of a negative light, always one of control but he doesn't seem to look at what things could be like if they were applied with fairness and balance.

God is not the sole reason for war, people are. They just use God as an excuse.
but people are the followers of god and believe the 'word' he gave them is the only word.

as I said before :

do you believe in god? - no - BANG you're dead

do you believe in god? - yes - do you believe in my god? - no - BANG you're dead

been happening for millennia...
Old 28-04-2016, 03:03 AM   #44
derekbuttery

Quote:
They are just general rules, which is why Leviticus goes into more depth on conduct. TBH if you break a lot of the rules a sacrifice or offering at the temple was often required rather than just killing the person.

The ten commandments don't tell you how to worship God. Its just says you will have no other Gods BEFORE me. doesn't say you cant have them after. Leviticus is why the rules on temple conduct are detailed.

What you find with most religions is a basic book of the law and then you get later books like the Talmud which try to apply the rules of that law book to everyday problems. The thing is that theses secondary books don't have the same authority at the original law texts.

To a degree I can understand why they would tell people how to live. Back them it was primitive tribal living and people needed to have cohesive laws that would enable people to live together. All societies need some sort of law and back then religion would have been at the heart of the process.

this is because TPTB created humans 3.0 this way. after recreating the species they had complete control. no whether it's because of wave length 'allergies', or the need to replenish their energies who knows, but they left us to our own devices (controlled by the blood lines) and also left the very rules / laws from which to live by. we now call it religion...

ok we'll go xtian : the bible tells you to worship this god and no other, it tells you not to steal, it tells you not to sleep with another mans wife, it tells you to give blind honour to your parents, it tells you to love your neighbour. seems like a lot of order giving there...

islam : do not eat pork, do not gamble, do not drink alcohol, do not bear false witness, do not copy the kuffar in their religious ways, must love allah with his/her heart and soul...

these religions, along with the other organized religions have the word of god written and presented to man as a form of control through fear.

1. believe in my word, my prophets
2. do as you're told
3. if you don't you'll regret it
4. I am the lord your god, there is no other god but me (now, I'd love to see allah, the jewish god and the xtian god having tea with buddha et al...)

you all have got to start piecing the puzzle and connecting the dots.....

following / believing in organized religion cannot go hand in hand with being "awake"
Old 28-04-2016, 06:32 AM   #45
uglytruth

Quote:
There has definitely been an agenda throughout history to prevent people from using their own minds & going on their own spiritual path.
The Hebrew word for heart is used to represent the seat of the intellect as well as the seat of the emotions. So if you value the Messianic view it would make sense to acknowledge the the role emotions have in finding your way.
uglytruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #46
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbomber View Post
Jesus said that the most important of the ten commandments were (a) love they God with all thy heart, all thy strength, and all thy mind, and (b) love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets (hope I've remembered to quote the Book of Common Prayer correctly). So, the the time Jesus was on Earth, society was no longer a lot of nomadic tribes of hunter-gatherers but an established agrarian society.
They were established before he came along but their rules were originally designed for tribal living. Why do you think the tabernacle was intended for easily assembly and disassembly?

Last edited by markritter; 28-04-2016 at 07:54 AM.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #47
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbuttery View Post
this is because TPTB created humans 3.0 this way. after recreating the species they had complete control. no whether it's because of wave length 'allergies', or the need to replenish their energies who knows, but they left us to our own devices (controlled by the blood lines) and also left the very rules / laws from which to live by. we now call it religion...

ok we'll go xtian : the bible tells you to worship this god and no other, it tells you not to steal, it tells you not to sleep with another mans wife, it tells you to give blind honour to your parents, it tells you to love your neighbour. seems like a lot of order giving there...

islam : do not eat pork, do not gamble, do not drink alcohol, do not bear false witness, do not copy the kuffar in their religious ways, must love allah with his/her heart and soul...

these religions, along with the other organized religions have the word of god written and presented to man as a form of control through fear.

1. believe in my word, my prophets
2. do as you're told
3. if you don't you'll regret it
4. I am the lord your god, there is no other god but me (now, I'd love to see allah, the jewish god and the xtian god having tea with buddha et al...)

you all have got to start piecing the puzzle and connecting the dots.....

following / believing in organized religion cannot go hand in hand with being "awake"
I think a lot of the diet rules are to do with prevention of sickness rather than being anything to do with Gods will. Nothing to do with fear and punishment really. Same with a number of other rules. Why do you think muslims wipe their arse with the hand they don't eat with? its not Gods will, its just good sense. Telling people its Gods will may make them do it, which then helps to reduce sanitation problems.

Lets face it, a society where people get easily sick, easily drunk, easily infected with STI's, etc. is not going to function very well at all. If people don't function then how can they be fit to approach God, or for anybody else given that? its easy for us in the modern world to think its just control but we have access to hygiene, sanitation and medicines that they didn't have then, so when we get ill its easy to find help.

Tell me where the new testament tells you to worship only Yhvh. By that I mean an actual quote from Jesus, not one of the later writers.
Old 28-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #48
markritter
Banned

Quote:
but people are the followers of god and believe the 'word' he gave them is the only word.

as I said before :

do you believe in god? - no - BANG you're dead

do you believe in god? - yes - do you believe in my god? - no - BANG you're dead

been happening for millennia...
Like I said, its just an excuse. People have used religion throughout the ages as an excuse to get rid of anybody they hate or to acquire their wealth and land. Enforcing certain beliefs and views is just a way of ensuring control over the people they need to do the dirty work. In effect, religion becomes the gloss that covers over the real intention.

Last edited by markritter; 28-04-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 28-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #49
dumbcritic

I would argue that statism is. Not only this but the consequences are far worse. Hell doesn't scare me but a group of cops and bailiffs along with a court order banging on my door early in the morning to steal my property would. As would being arrested, caged and fined for committing victimless crimes like speeding.

''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?

Last edited by dumbcritic; 28-04-2016 at 08:38 AM.
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #50
grandmasterp
Banned

Blinkered faith in anything at all is just tunnel vision.
Anyone who claims that...
"THIS is the one true path, you MUST believe in it."
Is either a con-merchant, a bullshitter or delusional.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 28-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #51
derekbuttery

Quote:
I think a lot of the diet rules are to do with prevention of sickness rather than being anything to do with Gods will.
Was talking about the creators not being able to sustain their beings in our world / dimension, not the followers they created
Old 28-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #52
derekbuttery

Quote:
Like I said, its just an excuse. People have used religion throughout the ages as an excuse to get rid of anybody they hate or to acquire their wealth and land. Enforcing certain beliefs and views is just a way of ensuring control over the people they need to do the dirty work. In effect, religion becomes the gloss that covers over the real intention.
so we agree.... organized religions are human control mechanisms.

Old 28-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #53
derekbuttery

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
and yet they ALL follow the one true god... go figure!
Old 28-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #54
kappy0405

Quote:
and yet they ALL follow the one true god... go figure!
That's a distortion of what most religions actually say.

For example, the Quran says, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one."

Christians claim to worship the same God as the Jews. Likewise Islam claims to worship the same God as Jews & Christians. Sikhs recognized that Muslims & Hindus worship the same God.

None of the religious scriptures are as divisive as the haters (on all sides) like to claim.

Last edited by kappy0405; 28-04-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 28-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #55
kappy0405

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
As the Muslims mystics say, "There are as many paths to God as there are souls on Earth".

What Hinduism teaches: "As men approach Me, so I receive them. All paths, Arjuna, lead to Me."

What Confucianism teaches: "In the world there are many different roads but the destination is the same. There are a hundred deliberations but the result is one."

& so on..

I think most religions are quite pluralistic in their core teachings. Institutionalized religion has tried to obscure that fact.

Old 28-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #56
derekbuttery

Quote:

For example, the Quran says, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one."

Christians claim to worship the same God as the Jews. Likewise Islam claims to worship the same God as Jews & Christians. Sikhs recognized that Muslims & Hindus worship the same God.

None of the religious scriptures are as divisive as the haters (on all sides) like to claim.
it's in black and white. the holy books all refer to their own gods as the only god, and that followers should not take another.

fanny picking religious texts for your own volition is typical of the brain washed masses that have fallen for these control mechanisms over the millennia.

Each and every organized religion's godhead states that they are the one. there is no other. their word is the word. period. no discussion, no arguments!

BUT THEY ARE DIVISIVE. even within their own religions they cannot agree on meanings and definitions. the whole of religious history carries the same divisions throughout the years WITHIN that religious community!

seriously? name calling? just because we choose not to follow, not to believe and become brain washed doesn't mean we are 'haters'. I don't hate anyone for their beliefs, but I do dislike immensely those that bang on about how great 'god' is, and I should accept him, and when I get judged etc...

Last edited by derekbuttery; 28-04-2016 at 06:27 PM.
derekbuttery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #57
markritter
Banned

Quote:
so we agree.... organized religions are human control mechanisms.

I guess so. What I don't agree with is that people say all wars are about religion when they are not.
Old 28-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #58
derekbuttery

Quote:
As the Muslims mystics say, "There are as many paths to God as there are souls on Earth".

What Hinduism teaches: "As men approach Me, so I receive them. All paths, Arjuna, lead to Me."

What Confucianism teaches: "In the world there are many different roads but the destination is the same. There are a hundred deliberations but the result is one."

& so on..

I think most religions are quite pluralistic in their core teachings. Institutionalized religion has tried to obscure that fact.
bit of cop out really? if each souls represents an individual then surely each individual worships / prays slightly differently????

so, did the muslims steal this, or did the chinese? same same but different?
Old 28-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #59
markritter
Banned

Quote:

I was reading something today that said as you get closer to the source the various traditions begin to converge. Makes sense to me. A jewish person who I think was undergoing rabbi training once told me that the mystics of the various traditions have a lot more in common than the general followers. Maybe its because of that convergence.
Old 28-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #60
derekbuttery

Quote:
I was reading something today that said as you get closer to the source the various traditions begin to converge. Makes sense to me. A jewish person who I think was undergoing rabbi training once told me that the mystics of the various traditions have a lot more in common than the general followers. Maybe its because of that convergence.
and what is the 'source'? the creators. the archon, the reptilians... those that destroyed and re-birthed humankind 100s of millennia ago?

ONE story / myth / history divulged across the ages and fell victim to "chinese whispers" spawning centuries of bloodshed, heart ache and death in the name of the one proper and correct god (which is mine because my scripture says so)??