Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New World Order / Global Government

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2018, 01:19 AM   #201
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoil hat View Post
Believe me, you are.
Believe me, you are wrong. I have no allegiance to any political side. I abhor political sides. All of them. They can all fuck off, and maybe my reality would be a better place.
Likes: (1)
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:22 AM   #202
tinfoil hat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,004
Likes: 1,235 (714 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Believe me, you are wrong. I have no allegiance to any political side. I abhor political sides. All of them. They can all fuck off, and maybe my reality would be a better place.
Then you're a troll, because all you ever do is defend the left.
As has been pointed out to you many times before.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:24 AM   #203
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoil hat View Post
Then you're a troll, because all you ever do is defend the left.
As has been pointed out to you many times before.
Who in particular are you saying I've been defending?

.

Last edited by white light; 24-03-2018 at 01:25 AM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:31 AM   #204
tinfoil hat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,004
Likes: 1,235 (714 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Who in particular are you saying I've been defending?

.
You're a leftist troll, this thread proves that alone.

Now I'm off to bed.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:35 AM   #205
living99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 527
Likes: 29 (18 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Yes I've seen this and he always keeps his calm during interviews and wins arguments - he is a psychologist. The moment she interrupted him she lost it- it's an interview technique she was taught to place people off guard so they can't collect their thoughts.
Of course he brought her down - she's everything he hates in women - powerful and independant .

But narcissists will let you know who they are - the majority of his talks are about narcissism, psychopaths and loads about women.
Look at the titles of his videos - they speak volumes.

"Would I ever hit a woman?' look at 2:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0OJEIpzlXo

If you hit Jordan Peterson and he hits you back he will kill you
- that's word for word how narcs threaten women psychologically to fear them - but hey ho....

If you are clever enough to see when you are being led off the edge of a cliff by a carrot - you will see that this man actually hates women.
Look at how he met his wife - who made fun of his looks at at age 7 and bullied him - and he hasn't let that go - he married her years later - but the way he spoke about her as a child I didn't find endearing at all - more like he wanted to get his own back on her.

I've been duped by a narcissist before when I was young and naive and I am very good at trusting my instincts these days - mark my words - this guy will be found out one day - meanwhile look at the people he is 'debating' with and what values he really stands for.

The truth is not at face value it is deeper within....
at face value he is a great lecturer with good solid arguments....deeper within a narcissist with an agenda that is not very nice...

By the way - he takes antidepressants...so he isn't happy is he...and he gives people advice on how to live....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x35Rbe81vkU

That's why I formed my personal opinion ....
Oh yes, Stockholm Syndrome; not that his intellect would let it be seen.
Likes: (1)
living99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:52 AM   #206
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoil hat View Post
You're a leftist troll, this thread proves that alone.

Now I'm off to bed.
Haha, you can't find any lefties that I'm supposedly defending.

So, who is the troll? Who is making up lies about other posters in order to push a political bias? That's an evil in my estimation.

.

Last edited by white light; 24-03-2018 at 01:58 AM.
Likes: (1)
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #207
grimstock
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,181
Likes: 1,048 (637 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Yes I've seen this and he always keeps his calm during interviews and wins arguments - he is a psychologist. The moment she interrupted him she lost it- it's an interview technique she was taught to place people off guard so they can't collect their thoughts.
Of course he brought her down - she's everything he hates in women - powerful and independant .

But narcissists will let you know who they are - the majority of his talks are about narcissism, psychopaths and loads about women.
Look at the titles of his videos - they speak volumes.

"Would I ever hit a woman?' look at 2:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0OJEIpzlXo

If you hit Jordan Peterson and he hits you back he will kill you
- that's word for word how narcs threaten women psychologically to fear them - but hey ho....

If you are clever enough to see when you are being led off the edge of a cliff by a carrot - you will see that this man actually hates women.
Look at how he met his wife - who made fun of his looks at at age 7 and bullied him - and he hasn't let that go - he married her years later - but the way he spoke about her as a child I didn't find endearing at all - more like he wanted to get his own back on her.

I've been duped by a narcissist before when I was young and naive and I am very good at trusting my instincts these days - mark my words - this guy will be found out one day - meanwhile look at the people he is 'debating' with and what values he really stands for.

The truth is not at face value it is deeper within....
at face value he is a great lecturer with good solid arguments....deeper within a narcissist with an agenda that is not very nice...

By the way - he takes antidepressants...so he isn't happy is he...and he gives people advice on how to live....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x35Rbe81vkU

That's why I formed my personal opinion ....
He also attacks men too - he has no bias, he only states the truth. Just because someone identifies a person's weaknesses or failures does not mean that they hate that person. It is his job to identify personality traits, and he does it well.

Both men and women have some common traits that are often shared with others.

Last edited by grimstock; 24-03-2018 at 10:43 AM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #208
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
is the world flat?

Your logic is just as flawed.

What if?
my logic is that women and men are diffferent and it is not flawed, it is fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Ok it wouldn't get that far ...first of all why would you say guys? knowing there are women present?
i meant 'guys' as a genderless group term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Secondly why would she call you white privileged trash? Is she black?
because IDENTITY politics teaches all people to see white males as automatically the 'oppressor' in all situations even if they aren't the one being oppressive. Was the team leader of the bridge building team in real life black? No but she might have been hispanic, i'm not sure



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
And if she called you a name at that moment she gets to be seen by HR and given a warning.
what if she used other language but what she really meant was ''shut your CIS, white male privileged mouth?''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
And with an attitude like that she wouldn't have been promoted...male or female you get
idiots....flawed logic!
Under the current politically correct climate she absolutely COULD get promoted with that kind of attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
'Make the coffee?' so she talks to you the way men used to speak to women now too?
would that make it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
That is not about equality - that is about racism and mouthing off.
welcome to PC culture...it ISN'T REALLY ABOUT EQUALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
You are saying if a woman was given a job she'd mouth off and treat men racist and
sexually discriminate them...and get away with it.

OMG lol
well put it this way...it was an ALL FEMALE TEAM who built that bridge in real life

Do you think men would be allowed to build an all male team nowadays and make a big deal about how it was all male on social media?
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 11:35 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #209
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
When you tell your child they can't do something - you give them limits.

You give your daughter limits - do you know how many times she will hear what she can't do from boys and men in her life?

Just because she is a girl.

You tell a child they can't be something you crush their dreams.

You can be anything you want to be. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
that's not actually true

sometimes if you are not honest with people you ENABLE them towards disaster

So for example those young folks who go on X Factor and think they can sing when they can't. They go up on that stage and make a total prat of themselves in front of millions of people because the people close to them weren't honest with them and instead ENABLED them in their delusion. Thye needed some tough love. They needed someone they trusted to say ''i love you and i think you have all these amazing talents such as x, y and z but i don't think singing is one of them. I don't think you should enter X factor''

The world doesn't need delusion, the world needs to align with truth

What Jordan is saying is that women believe they can have a high powered career where they work 80 hour weeks AND be a mum AND have a social life AND be happy and what he's saying is many women are coming to him saying that they are trying that and failing to achieve it all

Why?

arguably it is not possible to do that because there are simply not enough hours in the day; so people need to think about what they want to prioritise in life. That's all he is saying
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 11:17 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #210
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
When you put your girls out there in the world - you'd better tell them they can do anything in the world that they want to!
what if some people don't see the world as a battle between men and women?

what if some people don't think their daughters should sacrifice their happiness on the alter of inter-sex warfare so that they can play a part in some sort of female supremicist agenda to take over society?

what if some parents just want their daughters to be happy?
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #211
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
that's not actually true

sometimes if you are not honest with people you ENABLE them towards disaster

So for example those young folks who go on X Factor and think they can sing when they can't. They go up on that stage and make a total prat of themselves in front of millions of people because the people close to them weren't honest with them and instead ENABLED them in their delusion. Thye needed some tough love. They needed someone they trusted to say ''i love you and i think you have all these amazing talents such as x, y and z but i don't think singing is one of them. I don't think you should enter X factor''

The world doesn't need delusion, the world needs to align with truth

What Jordan is saying is that women believe they can have a high powered career where they work 80 hour weeks AND be a mum AND have a social life AND be happy and what he's saying is many women are coming to him saying that they are trying that and failing to achieve it all

Why?

arguably it is not possible to do that because there are simply not enough hours in the day; so people need to think about what they want to prioritise in life. That's all he is saying
My mum would laugh in the face of your's and Peterson's delusion.
Likes: (1)
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #212
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
You say that that will happen. So much for your solutions thread then.
no what i'm saying is that if people do not build an alternative then they WILL succeed which is why i keep bringing alternatives to peoples notice

So if someone starts building a wall in front of your house that is going to totally block your view, if you don't then oppose them in that they will succeed. The technocracts are building a metaphorical wall around society

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
I'm not saying that men and women have equal abilities in all things. That's not the balance I'm talking about. I'm talking about having a balanced viewpoint derived from observation and rational analysis. If there is hundreds of years of statistical data on one thing and a decade of statistical analysis on another, then the data is imbalanced and one cannot therefore make a generalised sweeping statement about it and say it must be truth. That would be as imbalanced as the data.

Furthermore, there are plenty of irrational male bosses & project managers that would treat you as an underling of little worth or consideration. You are clearly showing gender bias of an irrational kind. Is that a female trait, I wonder? Are you female?.
you just said that the genders are not the same. So if they are not the same then we can discuss ways in which they are not the same

if we can discuss ways in which they are not the same then can we please do that without you then throwing accusations of 'gender bias'?

All you need to decide is if the examples of differences between the sexes have any truth to them or not and of course we are speaking in generalisations here so there will always be exceptions

So if you take the feminist camille paglia she identifies as 'masculine' so how does she manifest that masculine energy? She does what jordan peterson does which is to say she SPEAKS HER MIND WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT SOCIETY IS GOING TO CONDEMN HER FOR HER VIEWS OR NOT

I would say that is a masculine trait. Can women also exhibit masculine traits? YES

Can men exhibit feminine traits? YES

But as a rule will men tend to exhibit masculine traits more then women? YES

if you look into personality theory and cognitive functions you will learn that women tend to be 'feeling' types and men tend to be 'thinking' types. Not all women and not all men, but as a generalised rule of thumb that has validity as a statement

As Camille says this probably has a basis in our evolution where men went out as hunting parties where they needed to be able to be quiet and often operate alone while women mostly acted as a social group, chatting and singing away together

Did you know that women have a wider angle of vision then men?

True fact

That's why your girlfriend might catch you checking out that girl walking past, cos she can see more to the side then you can

So why would women be able to do that? They have evolved to be doing several things at once such as grinding the grain while also keeping an eye on the toddler that's trying to crawl off into the bush

men meanwhile have more of a focussed tunnel vision because they keep their vision trained on the quarry they are hunting

These differences are not a problem because they have for thousands of years COMPLIMENTED each other as men and women both brought their talents to the table as A TEAM. Its only the recent mode of marxist feminist thought that sees men and women as being on different teams that wants to play down the abilities of men

What that then does is destroy the appreciation of the other gender and what they bring to the table. Just listen to some of the more feministic posters on this forum...what they do is constantly play down the abilities of men because they want to DENY what men bring to the table because they want to raise women up by pulling men down and what that does is create an antagonistic mindset in women that then affects male/female relations and turns them into a battlefield instead of a team
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 12:20 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #213
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
My mum would laugh in the face of your's and Peterson's delusion.
is your mum a high earning lawyer working 80 hours a day and managing kids at the same time?

because that's the example peterson gave of people in HIGH STRESS jobs coming to him saying they were not happy due to the multiple demands of modern life
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #214
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
no what i'm saying is that if people do not build an alternative then they WILL succeed which is why i keep bringing alternatives to peoples notice

So if someone starts building a wall in front of your house that is going to totally block your view, if you don't then oppose them in that they will succeed. The technocracts are building a metaphorical wall around society



you just said that the genders are not the same. So if they are not the same then we can discuss ways in which they are not the same

if we can discuss ways in which they are not the same then can we please do that without you then throwing accusations of 'gender bias'?

All you need to decide is if the examples of differences between the sexes have any truth to them or not and of course we are speaking in generalisations here so there will always be exceptions

So if you take the feminist camille paglia she identifies as 'masculine' so how does she manifest that masculine energy? She does what jordan peterson does which is to say she SPEAKS HER MIND WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT SOCIETY IS GOING TO CONDEMN HERE FOR HER VIEWS OR NOT

I would say that is a masculine trait. Can women also exhibit masculine traits? YES

Can men exhibit feminine traits? YES

But as a rule will men tend to exhibit masculine traits more then women? YES

if you look into personality theory and cognitive functions you will learn that women tend to be 'feeling' types and men tend to be 'thinking' types. Not all women and not all men, but as a generalised rule of thumb that has validity as a statement

As Camille says this probably has a basis in our evolution where men went out as hunting parties where they needed to be able to be quiet and often operate alone while women mostly acted as a social group, chatting and singing away together

Did you know that women have a wider angle of vision then men?

True fact

That's why your girlfriend might catch you checking out that girl walking past, cos she can see more to the side then you can

So why would women be able to do that? They have evolved to be doing several things at once such as grinding the grain while also keeping an eye on the toddler that's trying to crawl off into the bush

men meanwhile have more of a focussed tunnel vision because they keep their vision trained on the quarry they are hunting

These differences are not a problem because they have for thousands of years COMPLIMENTED each other as men and women both brought their talents to the table as A TEAM. Its only the recent mode of marxist feminist thought that sees men and women as being on different teams that wants to play down the abilities of men

What that then does is destroy the appreciation of the other gender and what they bring to the table. Just listen to some of the more feministic posters on this forum...what they do is constantly play down the abilities of men because they want to DENY what men bring to the table because they want to raise women up by pulling men down and what that does is create an antagonistic mindset in women that then affects male/female relations and turns them into a battlefield instead of a team
All I see is you doing your part in the battle, by accentuating traditional stereotypes.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #215
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
is your mum a high earning lawyer working 80 hours a day and managing kids at the same time?

because that's the example peterson gave of people in HIGH STRESS jobs coming to him saying they were not happy due to the multiple demands of modern life
No, not a lawyer. She forged a successful and independent career in (heaven forbid) the building trade, whilst singlehandedly bringing up two unruly kids and having a rich and varied social life.

And the stress factor was that if she hadn't done that or something similar we would have remained destitute.

So, whilst you may think that my defence of women of this type is some leftist delusion, for me it is matter of family honour.

.

Last edited by white light; 24-03-2018 at 11:53 AM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #216
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Yes I've seen this and he always keeps his calm during interviews and wins arguments - he is a psychologist. The moment she interrupted him she lost it- it's an interview technique she was taught to place people off guard so they can't collect their thoughts.
Of course he brought her down - she's everything he hates in women - powerful and independant .
he doesn't hate powerful and independent women! He speaks about them in respectful terms

what he is saying though is that some of them are coming to him in crisis because of the competting demands of modern life

ignoring those competting demands is simply being reletavistic about reality instead of facing reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
But narcissists will let you know who they are - the majority of his talks are about narcissism, psychopaths and loads about women.
Look at the titles of his videos - they speak volumes.
I think the news presenter he's talking to is a narcissist

she gets paid large sums of money to lie to the british public and behaves in a disingenuous way towards jordan by trying to constantly twist what he's saying to misrepresent it

she probably obsesses more about her appearance than jordan too and may well spend more time on social media seeking social validation from people, but i'm speculating there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
"Would I ever hit a woman?' look at 2:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0OJEIpzlXo

If you hit Jordan Peterson and he hits you back he will kill you
- that's word for word how narcs threaten women psychologically to fear them - but hey ho....
he's talking about the differences between men and women and about the 'size differential'

so he's saying that men and women are not equal physically and that in marriage women attack their husbands more often then husbands attack their wives but because men are stronger when they do it they are more likely to cause real damage

so there are a few claims there and we can check them against stats to see if they are true. They are as follows:

-men and women are biologically different
-women attack men physically in relationships more then men attack women
-if a man hits a woman he's more likely to cause real harm then if a woman hits a man

those are the claims he's made so we can then assess each one to decide if they are true or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
at face value he is a great lecturer with good solid arguments....deeper within a narcissist with an agenda that is not very nice...
you don't have to like the guy as you are not going to marry him

so all that matters is whether or not his statements are true or not and concerning 'agendas' they should be built on the foundation of what is true or not should they not?

Because if an 'agenda' is built on false premises then it will totter and collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
By the way - he takes antidepressants...so he isn't happy is he...and he gives people advice on how to live....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x35Rbe81vkU

That's why I formed my personal opinion ....
yeah he says he's got so many projects that he can't relax and that's why he has taken anti-depressants

so in another clip in this thread he has called hi-achieving workaholic men 'crazy' and going on what he says here he would have to admit that he is one of those 'crazy' and driven men

now he can do that to himself and not have the same concern that a woman might have because he doesn't need to give birth. It may however affect his ability to be a father for example if he can't give his family the time they could do with but he's not otherwise going to face the same crisis that a driven career woman will face who might have to give up whole months to pregnancy and then to the rearing of her child

Is that fair? No but men don't make those rules, nature made those rules, so we then have to decide how we are going to live in harmony with those natural rules otherwise we risk our mental and physical wellbeing
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 12:16 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #217
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
All I see is you doing your part in the battle, by accentuating traditional stereotypes.
I think women should have equal educational opportunities to men

I think women should have equal work opportunities to men

the issue women will face however when they pursue a career is that if they want to become a mum they will have to be pregnant for 9 months, then they will have a child that needs constant care until they are of school age

So.....that's the problem here

I'm open to discussions about what to do about that and my answer to that is the solidarity economy so that people can start to work together which could then mean that both men AND women can work less and then more easily achieve more of a work/life balance

I'm not unsympathetic to the pregnancy issue of women, i just don't see how it can always be fully reconciled with this modern concept that a woman must define herself by her career

I think the current system is sick and makes people sick

I would also say though that just as women have that seemingly unfair task of motherhood, men have the unfair task of doing the tasks that fall to the more phsyically strong members of society

Women have to bare the physical pains and discomforts of motherhood and men have to bare the physical pains and discomforts of doing the more physical jobs

In my opinion the way for humans to cope with the harshness of life is for men and women to work as a TEAM not as rivals in some sort of orchestrated 'battle of the sexes'

But concerning a female influence on society i think its vital that women are represented at all levels to ensure that their particular challenges are also taken into account

The problem comes when one sides denies or invalidates the challenges and experiences of the other and i think marxist feminism is teaching women to do that towards men; it doesn't want equality with men, it wants to crush men under a stilleto heel and i don't think that is the path to happiness for either gender
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 12:11 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #218
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
No, not a lawyer. She forged a successful and independent career in (heaven forbid) the building trade, whilst singlehandedly bringing up two unruly kids and having a rich and varied social life.

And the stress factor was that if she hadn't done that or something similar we would have remained destitute.

So, whilst you may think that my defence of women of this type is some leftist delusion, for me it is matter of family honour..
jordan peterson isn't saying women can't do that, he's saying they are coming to him saying they are unhappy

yes they do it out of necessity but is it truely liberating women?

that's the question

was your mum on the tools or in an office?
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-03-2018 at 12:06 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #219
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
I think women should have equal educational opportunities to men

I think women should have equal work opportunities to men

the issue women will face however when they pursue a career is that if they want to become a mum they will have to be pregnant for 9 months, then they will have a child that needs constant care until they are of school age

So.....that's the problem here

I'm open to discussions about what to do about that and my answer to that is the solidarity economy so that people can start to work together which could then mean that both men AND women can work less and then more easily achieve more or a work/life balance

I'm not unsympathetic to the pregnancy issue of women, i just don't see how it can always be fully reconciled with this modern concept that a woman must define herself by her career

I think the current system is sick and makes people sick

I would also say though that just as woman have that unfair task of motherhood, men have the unfair task of doing the tasks that fall to the more phsyically strong members of society

Women have to bare the physical pains and discomforts of motherhood and men have to bare the physical pains and discomforts of doing the more physical jobs

In my opinion the way for humans to cope with the harshness of life is for men and women to work as a TEAM not as rivals in some sort of orchestrated 'battle of the sexes'

But concerning a female influence on society i think its vital that women are represented at all levels to ensure that their particular challenges are also taken into account

The problem comes when one sides denies or invalidates the challenges and experiences of the other and i think marxist feminism is teaching women to do that towards men; it doesn't want equality with men, it wants to crush men under a stilleto heel and i don't think that is the path to happiness for either gender
I would go some ways to agree with you, however it seems to me that you and others are politicising the subject as part of a political movement every bit as much as the marxist feminists are. And whilst individuals within a movement can be on the right track, the movement itself becomes a machine out of the control of any individual.

.

Last edited by white light; 24-03-2018 at 12:15 PM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #220
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,765
Likes: 3,484 (2,438 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
jordan peterson isn't saying women can't do that, he's saying they are coming to him saying they are unhappy

yes they do it out of necessity but is it truely liberating women?

that's the question

was your mum on the tools or in an office?
Well, one has to ask "liberation" from what?


My mum did both. But yes she contracted out the "heavy" work, and always to men. There weren't many women around in those days that did that sort of thing, but I expect she might not have wanted the complication of other women in competition with her authority in those matters anyway.

.

Last edited by white light; 24-03-2018 at 12:26 PM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.