Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 15-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
empath_

Unhappy Seaworld's cashcow, Tilikum is dying..

Tilly (nickname) is a bull orca at Seaworld in Orlando, Florida. He is the largest orca in captivity at 12,500 pounds and measuring over 22 feet in length. So far, he has sired 21 calves, with only 10 of them still alive. Tilikum has been excessively bred since Seaworld were banned from stealing wild orca which has resulted in Tilikum's genes being present in at least 54% of all orca within Seaworld. Absolutely vile!

Tilikum was captured near Iceland in November of 1983, over 30 years ago. At only 2 years old, when he was approximately 13 feet long, he was torn away from his family and ocean home to eventually end up as the massive corporation, Seaworld's cash cow. Before he was sold to Seaworld, he was placed in Sealand, Iceland before his transfer to Orlando, Florida. Here, he was forced to perform every hour on the hour, eight times a day, seven days a week. The constant stress and exhaustion gave him stomach ulcers . Food was also withheld from him as a training technique, and he regularly endured painful attacks by two dominant female orcas, Haida and Nootka.

On February 21, 1991, Sealand's trainer Kelly Byrne fell into the pool containing all three orcas. She was pulled to the bottom of the enclosure by Tilikum, tossed around among the three orcas, and ultimately drowned. It took Sealand employees two hours to recover her body from the orcas. She was the first of three people to have been killed because of Tilikum’s stress, frustration, and confinement. Tilly's teeth are very worn down because he constantly bit the cement siding of his small pool and the metal barred enclosure overnight due to severe stress. Tilikum continued to exhibit aggression toward humans, which has cost two more lives—those of Daniel P. Dukes in 1999 and Dawn Brancheau in 2010 - Dawn's case was shameful, they tried to say that Tilikum was fascinated by her ponytail assuming it was a fish and this was why he dragged her under the water. Lies and more lies to protect the corporation at fault since the beginning.

After Dawn's death, Tilikum was seen floating still in his tank for hours at a time - literally unheard of behaviour for an Orca. Tilly spent a year in isolation as punishment and then he was 'allowed' to perform day in, day out again.

On July 26, 2013 a documentary called 'Blackfish' was released which ruined Seaworld's reputation and in return, lost them the majority of their profits. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd highly recommend it: http://www.blackfishmovie.com/

It was reported a few days ago that Tilikum has a severe bacterial infection in his lungs (no surprise, Seaworld had known for a long time yet continued to show him). I'm gutted, funnily enough Tilikum was the start of my 'truth seeking' journey - I, like everyone else thought Seaworld was there to protect sealife - how stupid was I? I was on holiday on Florida in Seaworld on the day that the story broke on CNN. The place was dead and hundreds of protesters were outside Seaworld demanding Tilly's freedom.

Sadly, nothing happened and it looks pretty certain that ol' Tilikum will die in captivity. I have such a soft spot for this beautiful Orca

Last edited by empath_; 15-03-2016 at 05:13 PM.
empath_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

if a constrictive prison makes orcas sick makes you wonder what the nwo society will do (is doing) to humans
Old 15-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #3
tildatod
Banned

Whew. Very upsetting. Are whales able to be freed after decades in captivity?
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Good question.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
empath_

Quote:
There is the whole debate about whether a captivated whale would be able to survive in the wild, but that doesn't excuse captivating them in the first place. Human slaves would find it difficult to source food, live etc.. in the modern world but it doesn't mean freedom is 'bad' for them, if you like. Also, they have never took a whale out of captivity into the wild to even see the results. Here is another whale, Morgan (I think this is actually Tilly's sister? Blog about releasing a captive orca into the wild: http://www.freemorgan.org/morgan-2/c...n-be-released/

Edit - There is the obvious option of building a sea-pen (within the actual sea) so the Orca can live as close to a natural life as possible. But even then, it'd need to be 20x the size of their current tanks.

Last edited by empath_; 15-03-2016 at 03:38 PM.
empath_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
truth seeker 09

How can anyone seriously say those little pools are big enough for whales?!
truth seeker 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
pepsirat

Quote:
Well Keiko the free Willy whale did not do so well when he was set free. The other whales didn't want much to do with him. Whales of different regions can have a hard time understanding each other plus he most like was bait of an odd one to them. Keiko craved human interaction and would seek out people, he died not long after been released.
pepsirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #8
old_stag

I don't think places like Sea World should keep orcas in captivity, but at the same time I don't think chickens should be kept in a cage where they can't turn around and their beaks are burnt off so they can't self-harm.
Where do we start and end with animal cruelty? I just don't know.
I just don't think it's right, any of it.
"I know corries in Argyll that whisper silken to the wind with juicy grasses. Corries where the deer love to prance deep in the cool dew and the beasts of far-off woods come in bands at their seasons and together rejoice." from John Splendid by Neil Munro
old_stag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #9
knightofalbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth seeker 09 View Post
How can anyone seriously say those little pools are big enough for whales?!
Indeed, for an ocean-going creature to be confined to a small pool ... It must be a living hell.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
knightofalbion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #10
knightofalbion

Quote:
Sadly, he would have become institutionalized after all these years and wouldn't be able to survive on his own in the wild.
Old 15-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
knightofalbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_stag View Post
I don't think places like Sea World should keep orcas in captivity, but at the same time I don't think chickens should be kept in a cage where they can't turn around and their beaks are burnt off so they can't self-harm.
Where do we start and end with animal cruelty? I just don't know.
I just don't think it's right, any of it.
Where do we start? We start with 'you' ....
Old 16-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #12
empath_

Seaworld spent quite a lot of money on training videos which go into depth about how hard it'd be for a captive whale to survive in the wild. This thinking is seriously messed up. Seaworld have not once talked about expanding his pool, treating him better, breed him less, improve his social skills etc.. nothing, just "he'll die if he goes out into the wild" and we're just meant to shut up about it? Pathetic! Part of me hopes that Tilly passes away in the medical pool at Seaworld, at least then he'll be free
Old 16-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #13
jesus_lizard
Banned

Location: In a Beverly Hills mansion, rolling in tons of ca$h

It's great if a whale can get released into the wild, but it is no guarantee they will have a long happy life. If I remember correctly Keiko from Free Willy was released, but got harpooned soon after in Norway.
Yes they lied about this, apparently 'pneumonia' means harpoon in Norweigen!
Until we stop this cruel and unnecessary sport, no whale captive or free will be safe.

Last edited by jesus_lizard; 16-03-2016 at 12:11 PM.
jesus_lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #14
gymgenius

SeaWorld to end orca breeding programme

Good News!
gymgenius is offline   Reply With Quote