Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 12-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #21
griffinman

Oh no, not this revisionist crap...again.

Muslims invented the toaster!?

"Yeas, I put some dough on a stick, and placed it above an open fire..
I then prayed to Allah... voilĂ  praise be! I invented the electric toaster!
er kinda..."
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
informationx

There are some very biased people on this forum. Cant one appreciate another cultures achievements for the achievements themselves.

informationx

http://information-x.110mb.com/LEGAL...-REFERENCE.htm
http://information-x.110mb.com/

Last edited by informationx; 12-03-2010 at 02:35 PM.
informationx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #23
dreamweaver

This article refutes every single item in the OP's article (which was just a copy and paste of an Independent article from 2006 anyway):

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/20_Islamic_Inventions

Last edited by dreamweaver; 12-03-2010 at 02:34 PM.
dreamweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #24
oioioi
Banned

Apparently all human achievements were achieved by humans, regardless of what they thought about creation and the afterlife.
oioioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #25
free_thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinman View Post
Oh no, not this revisionist crap...again.

Muslims invented the toaster!?

"Yeas, I put some dough on a stick, and placed it above an open fire..
I then prayed to Allah... voilĂ  praise be! I invented the electric toaster!
er kinda..."
Wow!!!!! those clever buggers invented French as well.
free_thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #26
dragond

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdallas View Post
Big fuckin deal. Stuf gets invented by PEOPLE. Whats a religion got to do with it?
Thank You tex!! Why cant people show the inventions as a achievement of Humanity??? rather than stupid religions?? On top of that most scientific people and most inventors dont even believe in religion!!! Just because someone invented something who happens to live in a religious society/country doesnt mean they are part of that thinking!! I was born in a muslim country and raised in a christian one.. Now when i invent something, who can claim i belong to a certain religion? even though i cant stand any form of religion whatsoever!!! do i automatically belong to that religion of the country i reside in?? so please lets stop with this Inventions of Islamic, christian or judaism people and call it inventions of HUMANITY..
Old 12-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #27
geezer661
Banned

I don't know how you can connect them to a religion. The inventions in the west aren't classed as Christian inventions. So the religious connection is irrelevant.
geezer661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #28
flamingo

Default Absoluetly!

Quote:
Big fuckin deal. Stuf gets invented by PEOPLE. Whats a religion got to do with it?
Can a Brother get an AMEN in the House!
flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #29
texdallas

"Necessity is the mother of all invention" not your stupid faith
texdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #30
informationx

I think their faith has (or did) have a lot to do with the islamic renaissance. According to the article from wiki below, regarding the Abbasid Caliphate -

Quote:
The Abbassids were influenced by the Qur'anic injunctions and hadith such as "The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of martyrs" stressing the value of knowledge. During this period the Muslim world became the unrivaled intellectual centre for science, philosophy, medicine and education as the Abbasids championed the cause of knowledge
It seems that the Muslims regarded science at that time, as a way of finding more about allahs creation, and thus they could see no conflict between that and scripture.

informationx

Last edited by informationx; 12-03-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #31
texdallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by informationx View Post
I think their faith has (or did) have a lot to do with the islamic renaissance. According to the article from wiki below, regarding the Abbasid Caliphate -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

It seems that the Muslims regarded science at that time, as a way of finding more about allahs creation, and thus they could see no conflict between that and scripture.
are you still trying to argue the toss here?? Seriously are you?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
dynamicwiseman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
1,500 years of history and this is all they've got to brag about?

http://www.fatbadgers.co.uk/Britain/firsts.htm
Dummy who built those universities before the British "invented" anything. You don't just wake up one morning and start inventing, someone has to lay the foundation. indecently your time-line start in 1250 A.D this is after the African Muslim moors set up 16 universities in Europe. Did you know that the Mali empire built a university in 980 A.D well before any European could read/write. The real question should be who taught Roger Bacon to think?

Also when the French learned of a city in the desert called Timbuktu had untold treasure equating to advance knowledge in science & religion the race was on to find and take by force what ever they unearthed. Indeed the lord works in mysterious ways for the books where taken out of the university and place in the hands of various tribes so when the French turned up to claim the treasure they came up empty handed. Which turned their attention to Egypt and the sphinx. Lucky the 700,000 books where recently united in the ancient city of Timbuktu $ 20 million donated to restore them, the UN made it a world heritage site. The Lord is masterful in his will and protects the innocent from evil and showers his mercy on who he wills.

The Muslims of today are not the same as those Moor Muslims of 12th century two different group of people. Europe repaid the Muslim scholars that help Europe enter the age of reason with war/slavery colonisation, deceit and wickedness.
dynamicwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #33
diaphos
Inactive

This story is from 2006 why is it in the Todays news section, I think i will start a thread " Shock Horror Titanic Sinks"

Last edited by diaphos; 12-03-2010 at 04:39 PM.
diaphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #34
informationx

Quote:
are you still trying to argue the toss here?? Seriously are you?
What argument? Just giving credit where it is due. It seems the reading of the Koran at that time was a jumping point (amongst others) for an age of science.

informationx

Old 12-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #35
texdallas

Quote:
What argument? Just giving credit where it is due. It seems the reading of the Koran at that time was a jumping point (amongst others) for an age of science.

OK so, it's just when I read the title I read Islamic inventors didn't realise you were about to start a love in for all the human beings who invented shit. Sorry if I jumped in on you please continue..........
Old 12-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #36
informationx

Quote:
OK so, it's just when I read the title I read Islamic inventors didn't realise you were about to start a love in for all the human beings who invented shit. Sorry if I jumped in on you please continue..........
No one invented shit, it comes out your ass for free!

informationx

Old 12-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #37
dragon fang

Location: Earth -> Inner Planets -> Solar System -> Milky Way Galaxy -> Universe

Islam is the one that united the Islamic world we know today, Without it none of the inventions would be here, And Islam teaches to seek knowledge.
And some discoveries muslims made came after reading the Quran.

Da Vinci and other people who booted science in Europe actually read books the crusaders stole and translated from the Islamic world without mentioning the writer.
Without the inventions muslims made we wouldn't have most of what human accomplished, The people in Europe were so stupid they even called the inventions magic and after studying it said that it was inspired by the devil.

No New World Disorder.
dragon fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #38
white rabbit

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

yes, other cultures like olmeca, azteca, etc too

faith is very important, in God, nature, humanity and also the faith in ourselves like edison trying and trying to build the light bulb

there are people very biased and intolerant, some of them acusses and insult x or y country/religion/group of doing exactly what they do to that group/religion/country

the behavior of attribute an achievement to certain culture is very common, part of our ego as humans(not bad in certain degree), when the russian sent a man to space to the world is the russian achievement, so nasa "sent" some guys to the moon so is the USA achievement, when olympic athletes win a competition is china, usa or the country from where they are the winner(x country get y number of medals) people only care their country win, not the name of the athlete

its very common to not show empathy for people of another group and in some cases insult their flag, skin color, geographic position, religion, etc, instead of have peace we have destructive war and hate

Last edited by white rabbit; 12-03-2010 at 05:41 PM.
white rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #39
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
The countries that Islam invaded and Islamised, Islam absorbed or stole the cultures/knowledge of those countries. So it's not Islam, but Muslims will try make out it was - hence my first post.

I agree.

I'm not saying they didn't make some advances but the article airbrushes this 'little' fact out of its potted history.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #40
veritasvoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
This article refutes every single item in the OP's article (which was just a copy and paste of an Independent article from 2006 anyway):

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/20_Islamic_Inventions
Isn't it amazing that much of what we consider to be "modern" technology isn't at all though? Worrying in a way, because it seems that human history has many dark ages of atrocity, ignorance and lost knowledge, with golden ages of rediscovery and actual progress and advancement, then periods of stagnation and decay leading back into a dark age collapse.
veritasvoice is offline   Reply With Quote