Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
thewayitis
Inactive

Default Pope proposes new financial order

"Pope Benedict XVI called Tuesday for a new world financial order guided by ethics, dignity and the search for the common good in the third encyclical of his pontificate.

In "Charity in Truth," Benedict denounced the profit-at-all-cost mentality of the globalized economy and lamented that greed has brought about the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

"Profit is useful if it serves as a means toward an end," he wrote. "Once profit becomes the exclusive goal, if it is produced by improper means and without the common good as its ultimate end, it risks destroying wealth and creating poverty."

The document, in the works for two years, was released one day before leaders of the Group of Eight industrialized nations meet to coordinate efforts to emerge from the global financial crisis"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...p68jQD999I4D84
thewayitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayitis View Post
"Pope Benedict XVI called Tuesday for a new world financial order guided by ethics, dignity and the search for the common good in the third encyclical of his pontificate.

In "Charity in Truth," Benedict denounced the profit-at-all-cost mentality of the globalized economy and lamented that greed has brought about the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

"Profit is useful if it serves as a means toward an end," he wrote. "Once profit becomes the exclusive goal, if it is produced by improper means and without the common good as its ultimate end, it risks destroying wealth and creating poverty."

The document, in the works for two years, was released one day before leaders of the Group of Eight industrialized nations meet to coordinate efforts to emerge from the global financial crisis"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...p68jQD999I4D84
Total gibberish from the current figurehead of one of the greediest, most destructive institutions on the planet.

Last edited by size_of_light; 07-07-2009 at 02:08 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
decim

blairs boss said what now?

has he instructed the ira to quit profiteering from misery also?
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
elysiumfire

If anybody wanted proof of the NWO's agenda for one world government, one world currency and economy, one world military force, and one world religion, need not look any further than the pontif's cry for its establishment.

Quote:
There is a strongly felt need... for a reform of the United Nations Organisation, and likewise of economic institutions and international finance, so that the concept of the family of nations can acquire real teeth...there is urgent need of a true world political authority...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8137849.stm

It looks as though TPTB, or rather the secret cabal behind the TPTB, are going to steer the world into such a mess, particularly on the essential pinnacles underlying cohesive society, that the only solution will be a one world order, run and maintained by and for the benefit of the NWO. They're going full steam ahead with it regardless of the protests, regardless of the concerns and criticisms, regardless of the damage to communties and individuals. If you don't like it you'll be sacrificed for the 'utility' of corporate totalitarianism.

The 'hive' society will be established in our life times, and let us be under no illusion here, it WILL be a 'hive' society! Individuality and self-autonomy will be classed as undesirable expressions, controlled by dogma, creed, and forced law. It will make China look like a veritable utopia, and the 'disappeared' (yes, many of us will become the 'disappeared') will be given the mask of (being) a cancer, and even your closest associates will be ready and willing to give you up for the greater good.

That is not a society I myself will partake in, I'd rather remove myself from it than be removed. Such a future is not for me, I could not live in such a society, I am of a different expression and hope for a different future. If I am not allowed to live below the radar, then I will drop off it, utterly and completely...but my fate will not be decided for me by others. Fuck them!
That grows to seed; things rank and gross in nature
Possess it merely. This is the way of our lives!
elysiumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
yozhik

Might have something to do with the Vatican making a financial loss in 2008, for the first time in its history.

Seems the financial behemoth that is the Holy See hit a few speed bumps during the (orchestrated, fraudulent, false flag) financial crisis.
No wonder the CEO in red shoes is crying out for reform; he needs to show a turn around in the books during 2009, or he might find himself with the record of the worst performing CEO of Papal Holdings in the company's history.
Anarchism stands for liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from shackles and restraint of government. It stands for social order based on the free grouping of individuals.
It [...] maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination.

- Emma Goldman
yozhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
decim

Well when the liesborn trick or treaty is all signed sealed delivered the inquisition 2.0 XP will begin.

Wafers & blood for everyone.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
mrindigo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
Total gibberish from the current figurehead of one of the greediest, most destructive institutions on the planet.
Bingo, I couldn't have said it better myself.
mrindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
drhemp
Inactive

I'll ditto that.
drhemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
elrafaargentino

It´s clear: he wants new world order too.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
mrindigo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrafaargentino View Post
It´s clear: he wants new world order too.
Agreed. If he had it his way, he'd help bring about another dark ages.
mrindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
danster82

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
its actually not Gibberish its complete truth yet the question is if what they say they intend, which is not likely.
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
jesuitsdidit

Location: reading 'we r entering ice-age' chart in nick clegg's pyramid davidicke.com/ showthread.php?t=115401

op

Pope proposes new financial order guided by ethics

By NICOLE WINFIELD – 7 hours ago

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI called Tuesday for a new world financial order guided by ethics, dignity and the search for the common good in the third encyclical of his pontificate.

The document, in the works for two years, was released one day before leaders of the Group of Eight industrialized nations meet to coordinate efforts to emerge from the global financial crisis.

The release was clearly designed to give world leaders a strong moral imperative to correct errors of the past, "which wreaked such havoc on the real economy," and make a more socially just and responsible world financial order.

"The economy needs ethics in order to function correctly — not any ethics, but an ethics which is people centered," he wrote.

The German-born Benedict, 82, has spoken out frequently about the impact of the crisis on the poor, particularly in Africa which he visited earlier this year. But the encyclical, one of the most authoritative documents a pope can issue, marked a new level of church teaching by linking the Vatican's long-standing doctrine on caring for the poor with current events.

While acknowledging that the globalized economy has "lifted billions of people out of misery," Benedict accused unbridled growth of recent years of causing unprecedented problems as well, citing mass migration flows, environmental degradation and a complete loss of trust in the world market.

He urged wealthier countries to increase development aid to poor countries to help eliminate world hunger, saying peace and security depended on it. He specified that aid should go to agricultural development to improve infrastructure, irrigation systems, transport and sharing of agricultural technology.

At the same time, he demanded that industrialized nations reduce their energy consumption, both to better care for the environment — "God's gift to everyone" — and to let the poorer have access to energy resources.

"One of the greatest challenges facing the economy is to achieve the most efficient use — not abuse — of natural resources, based on a realization that the notion of 'efficiency' is not value-free," he wrote.

He denounced that the drive to outsource work to the cheapest bidder had endangered the rights of workers, and demanded that they be allowed to organize in unions to protect their rights and guarantee steady, decent employment for all.

Benedict called for a whole new financial order — "a profoundly new way of understanding business enterprise" — that respects the dignity of workers and looks out for the common good by prioritizing ethics and social responsibility over dividend returns.

"Above all, the intention to do good must not be considered incompatible with the effective capacity to produce goods," he wrote. "Financiers must rediscover the genuinely ethical foundation of their activity so as to not abuse the sophisticated instruments which can serve to betray the interests of savers."

He stressed that he wasn't opposed to a globalized economy, saying that if done correctly it has an unprecedented potential to redistribute wealth around the globe. But he warned that if badly directed and if the problems aren't fixed, globalization can increase poverty and inequality and trigger the type of crisis under way.

Benedict has written two previous encyclicals in his four years as pope: "God is Love" in 2006 and "Saved by Hope" in 2007.
- eric jon phelps is king!! and i am now the guardian of Haiti.
jesuitsdidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
vetis

Default Pope wants NWO

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/wo...ef=global-home

anyone else see this? Just shoving it in our faces now.
vetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
godspeed

common good....puke puke puke.....who do these people think the rest of us are ???.............pre-natzi invasion speech...........im only young...honest...
godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
ghostdogg

words ... words ... words ... piss off BENNY, you're full of shit !!! ( sorry ... don't like the mofo ... )
Old 07-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
decim

You can eat it too.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #17
decim

Jumpin JackFlash it's a Gas Gas Gas

Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
romas

Worthless speech, I'd like to see some real details in the documents, I wonder if they really care about the system or it's just more public relations garbadge.
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer, My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air. Across the clouds I see my shadow fly. Out of the corner of my watering eye. A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night.
There's no sensation to compare with this. Suspended animation, a state of bliss.
romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
jesuitsdidit

Location: reading 'we r entering ice-age' chart in nick clegg's pyramid davidicke.com/ showthread.php?t=115401

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetis View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/08/wo...ef=global-home

anyone else see this? Just shoving it in our faces now.
yr link

Pope Urges New World Economic Order

By RACHEL DONADIO
Published: July 7, 2009

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI on Tuesday called for a radical rethinking of the global economy, criticizing a growing divide between rich and poor and urging the establishment of a “world political authority” to oversee the economy and work for the “common good.”

He criticized the current economic system, “where the pernicious effects of sin are evident,” and urged financiers in particular to “rediscover the genuinely ethical foundation of their activity.”

He also called for “greater social responsibility” on the part of business. “Once profit becomes the exclusive goal, if it is produced by improper means and without the common good as its ultimate end, it risks destroying wealth and creating poverty,” Benedict wrote in his new encyclical, which the Vatican released on Tuesday.

More than two years in the making, “Caritas in Veritate,” or “Charity in Truth,” is Benedict’s third encyclical since he became pope in 2005. Filled with terms like “globalization,” “market economy,” “outsourcing,” “labor unions” and “alternative energy,” it is not surprising that the Italian media reported that the Vatican was having difficulty translating the 144-page document into Latin.

Reportedly delayed to take into consideration the financial crisis, it was released by the Vatican on the eve of the Group of 8 industrialized nations summit meeting, which opens in Italy on Wednesday, and before Benedict is expected to receive President Obama at the Vatican on Friday.

“It’s not an encyclical done for the crisis,” Cardinal Renato Martino, the president of the Vatican’s Council for Justice and Peace, said at a news conference on Tuesday. Still, he added, “if the encyclical had come out before the crisis, you would have said it was prophetic.”

In the encyclical, Benedict wrote that “financiers must rediscover the genuinely ethical foundation of their activity, so as not to abuse the sophisticated instruments which can serve to betray the interests of savers.”

In many ways, the document is a somewhat puzzling cross between an anti-globalization tract and a government white paper, another indication that the Vatican does not comfortably fit into traditional political categories of right and left.

“There are paragraphs that sound like Ayn Rand, next to paragraphs that sound like ‘The Grapes of Wrath.’ That’s quite intentional,” Vincent J. Miller, a theologian at the University of Dayton, a Catholic institution in Ohio, said in a telephone interview.

“He’ll wax poetically about the virtuous capitalist, but then he’ll give you this very clear analysis of the ways in which global capital and the shareholder system cause managers to focus on short term good at the expense of the community, of workers, of the environment.”

Indeed, sometimes Benedict sounds like an old-school European socialist, lamenting the decline of the social welfare state and praising the “importance” of labor unions to protect workers. Without stable work, he notes, people lose hope and tend not to get married and have children.

But he also wrote that “The so-called outsourcing of production can weaken the company’s sense of responsibility towards the stakeholders — namely the workers, the suppliers, the consumers, the natural environment and broader society — in favor of the shareholders.”

And he argued that it is “erroneous to hold that the market economy has an inbuilt need for a quota of poverty and underdevelopment in order to function at its best.”

Benedict also called for a reform of the United Nations so that there could be a unified “global political body” that allowed the less powerful of the earth to have a voice, and he called on rich nations to help less fortunate ones.

“In the search for solutions to the current economic crisis, development aid for poor countries must be considered a valid means of creating wealth for all,” he wrote.

John Sniegocki, a professor of Christian ethics at Xavier University in Cincinnati, said one of the most controversial elements of the encyclical, at least for some Americans, would be Benedict’s call for international institutions to play a role in regulating the economy.

“One of the things he’s saying is that the global economy is escaping the power of individual states to regulate it,” Mr. Miller said. He said the encyclical also contained elements “very critical” of how the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank “have required cuts in social spending in the third world.”

Michael Novak, a philosopher and theologian at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, a conservative research organization, said he thought that the encyclical was stronger on principles than policy suggestions. He said he was particularly uncomfortable with the idea of a strong international institution to regulate the global economy.

“I like limited government. I would much prefer to have many limited governments than one overriding authority,” Mr. Novak said in a telephone interview from Rome.

Arguably the most environmentally-conscious pope in history, Benedict wrote, “One of the greatest challenges facing the economy is to achieve the most efficient use — not abuse — of natural resources, based on a realization that the notion of ‘efficiency’ is not value-free.”

In line with what he calls “respecting the intrinsic value of creation,” he also decried stem-cell research, abortion and euthanasia.
- eric jon phelps is king!! and i am now the guardian of Haiti.
jesuitsdidit is offline   Reply With Quote