Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 19-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
mrm82

Default Do you ever sit and think how stupid it all is?

More and more lately I'm finding myself heading to work and just thinking how utterly dull and even senseless modern life seems. All we seem to do is run about, work our arse off, there seems to be more ways to seperate us from our money - it just feels like a tireless race. And with technology we seem in any spare time we have wondering what 'apps' to download!

I can't be alone in feeling this way surely?

I just get more sense of dread about the future and i'm not being too negative i don't believe - as in honesty i am blessed with some great people around me and a secure job and nice home and so on.

Reading Orwell last night kind of lead me onto this post, as he says : "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever" ...
mrm82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
marina2012
Banned

^^^ yup!
marina2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
marina2012
Banned

Default it's all bullshit and it's bad for ya

marina2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
mrm82

Brilliant clip and bang on topic - especially about the first 3 mins! Thanks
Old 19-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
exford
Banned

As Bill Hicks said, marajuana doesn't make you lazy...it just makes you realise..Whats the fucking point!!

exford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
alienbiketrail

No i stand and walk and also think about the futility of the struggle of the consumption machine which is my lot and your lot and how it takes a lot.
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
lesleypumpshaft

I know exactly what you mean, I think about it all the time

Last edited by lesleypumpshaft; 19-12-2010 at 01:00 PM.
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
mrm82

+1
Old 19-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
futurestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm82 View Post
More and more lately I'm finding myself heading to work and just thinking how utterly dull and even senseless modern life seems. All we seem to do is run about, work our arse off, there seems to be more ways to seperate us from our money - it just feels like a tireless race. And with technology we seem in any spare time we have wondering what 'apps' to download!

I can't be alone in feeling this way surely?

I just get more sense of dread about the future and i'm not being too negative i don't believe - as in honesty i am blessed with some great people around me and a secure job and nice home and so on.

Reading Orwell last night kind of lead me onto this post, as he says : "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever" ...
Have done since I was about 8 its never maid sense all this.
futurestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
bibimbap
Inactive

me too. I remember trying truffles in Amsterdam in March, and just thinking 'Yeah, God, you made a really pretty little world for us here, but it's so...STUPID!' I felt in disbelief of how stupid it was. Maybe we were incarnated here to experience 'stupidity' I'd like to graduate onto better things if thats the case.
bibimbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
blackstar76

Yeah that feeling has been increasing with every year spent here. I don't know how much more I can stand before talking a walk on the train tracks with my i pod. Sometimes I just want to go live in the jungle away from everybody and everything.

It all does seem rather pointless. There really is no freedom or quality of life. Work and pay bills. Or not work and stress over bills. A morgage seems like a 25 year prison sentence. I just don't get it. Spending an entire life aquiring material things only to die with nothing in the end. Or spend a life trying to impress people who wouldn't even piss on you if your head was on fire.
Old 19-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
cedric

I know what you mean,i fill my flask at the same time every morning pass by the same people at the same time almost every morning after being picked up in the van to go to work,ground hog day sometimes i cant help but laugh at how computer program things really seem
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #13
energi

Yes (have felt that way for a long time, especially when observing how religious ppl behave like total nutjobs. George Carlin puts it brilliantly with "/.../ My god has a bigger dick than your god" xD).

But at the same time I'm not feeling any Noble Savage-things, like "fuck yeah, let us all live in the forest and eat berries/kill wild animals" right now. I've dreamt about it before, and wished for it at times when city life felt dull... But it's not for me, and when it comes down to it ALL of this is fucking stupid.

Realizing the stupidity of this "Matrix" we live in is probably a perfect parallell (if not the same fucking thing( as Enlightenment. Then you read/watch or directly experience stuff that makes you take things seriously again and BOOM - back into the illusionary mousewheel with ya!
energi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #14
lauren_almighty
Banned

Do you ever sit and think how stupid it all is?

All the time! I have literally had enough of it all.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
neutrino
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_almighty View Post
Do you ever sit and think how stupid it all is?

All the time! I have literally had enough of it all.
Same here. You're one of the people keeping me sane though.
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 03:36 AM   #16
lavista4u

We know guys...the whole world is meaningless...but most of us are here to help humanity....get off your ass and try to help other's.....thats what this forum is all about...

Do not be negative guys...this is our time...
lavista4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
blah
Inactive

We create meaning. Were viewed as animals not humans contrary to what education teaches us. So they think certain things like, warmth, food, toys, a home will make us happy. Keep us content. If it isnt then it means youre a thoughtful person who has to break out of your conditioning. To do this you need to know what works for you. In this day and age I think were all rather depressed. As life is morbid. Whilst were feasting on a curry and boozing our worries away. Some poor human is dying of starvation. This makes me realise im in no position to really complain. But its not complaining. Its spiritual rape and shock. So we have to find meaning not through materialistic things, but by changing our personal goal posts and understanding what it means to be you. Allow feelings to go if youre feeling down. Change your perception and you will really enjoy all the challenges that come your way.

Last edited by blah; 20-12-2010 at 07:20 AM.
blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #18
stormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavista4u View Post
We know guys...the whole world is meaningless...but most of us are here to help humanity....get off your ass and try to help other's.....thats what this forum is all about...

Do not be negative guys...this is our time...
Yep....the time has never been better to help the needy....however hopeless it may seem....every drop in the ocean helps as long as it's a positive drop.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #19
pound

I was watching 'Fight club' with a new set of eyes so to speak a few nights ago. Never before had the overall message of that movie (anti-consumerism/modern life) struck me in a such poignant way as it did until recently-Whats it all about? Whats the rat race all about? 'Take-make-throw away' as Icke calls it. The analogy of running on a treadmill while staying in place works perfectly.

All of this was drafted though by the controllers in their many books and white papers. One of the objectives outlined in the infamous 'silent weapons for a quiet war' document was to keep people, "busy, busy, busy..with no time to think". It seems like the plan is working well.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
blah
Inactive

It works on people who want it to work. Why work 24/7. Chillax and get your computer brain on and find the documents they dont want you to open cos your too busy most of the time. Suprise yourself. We have more potential than we think we do. Like 100000000 times more. Wake up every day with a positive thought such as... Im not a rat, this isnt a race. My destiny isnt in the hands of power freaks!

Last edited by blah; 20-12-2010 at 08:00 AM.
blah is offline   Reply With Quote