Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 19-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #5621
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
Generally people and religions are obsessed with wholeness/oneness as though it is the only hypothesis. Yet some of the worlds top quantum physicists believe that we are living in a computer simulation and if true, then there could potentially be any number of creators/programmers who created this simulation and us, and therefore out the window goes oneness and wholeness. It doesn't hurt to think outside the box.
Those quantum physicists can imagine (believe) anything they want. The purpose of the ego is to imagine. Wholeness and oneness (Self-realization) appears when one stops imagining, theorizing, hypothesizing about the way things are-- all that vanishes --you start to see things as they are, not as you imagine them to be. Physicists and the Advaitists- two entirely different paths.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #5622
alisa2

The End of All Beginnings, Conversations with U.G. Krishnamurti

Q. You said something like, you 'do not exist' and immediately, this machine says 'yes, I know'.

UG: You know that you do not exist?

Q. Yes. This is ridiculous.

UG. No, I am not trying to trick you into any situation. You don't exist. You see yourself as an idea, as knowledge. What is it that tells you that this is your hand? It is your hand. But if you ask me whose hand it is, of course it is my hand. That implies that there is some reference point that identifies this hand with it, some knowledge. The 'I' comes and goes. The moment you recognize that as the candle, the candle light, the table, the chair, that is the 'I'. There is no other 'I' there. That is all I am saying, and a lot more about it.

[My words: Similar to what Nisagatta said : I AM THAT. ]
Old 07-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #5623
alisa2

"The truth is I exist but I don't believe in it." Stephen Jourdain
Old 07-05-2016, 05:31 PM   #5624
alisa2

Q.: Does it happen outside, that's where the stimulus is and so the response?

U.G.: Yes, I think I have explained several times. You go to the balcony and look outside. There is nothing here inside which says that is a beautiful valley, that it is one of the most beautiful spots in the world, as many would say. There is nothing here, it is just a mirror reflecting the things exactly the way they are. There is something there which you label as mountain, but there is nothing here inside which says that it is mountain, that it is a beautiful mountain. There is nothing here inside which translates any of those things, that is Gstaad over there, that is a beautiful mountain and all that. It is reflecting exactly the way the mirror is relfecting.

Since that is a tremendously huge structure out there, the mountain, the consciousness expands to the size of that one. You understand? Because of this impact of the stimuli from outside, the huge thing suddenly makes the consciousness here, inside of you, to expand to the exact size. Because there is a horizon, there is tremendous expansion. If I say that, you will translate as if there is somebody who says to himself and experiences these things. It is unlike what you experience when you take a drug. It is not like that. There is nothing here. There is a sudden expansion of consiousness and there is a tremendous movement inside you.
Old 18-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #5625
alisa2

Awakening, Stephen Jourdain style:

Excerpted from the book The Zen Koan as a Means of Attaining Enlightenment by D.T. Suzuki

pg. 60

Shoichi Kokushi, the founder of Tofukuji monastery, advises one to 'think yourself to be down an old deep well; the only thought you then have will be to get out of it, and you will be desperately engaged in finding a way of escape; from morning to evening this one thought will occupy the entire field of your consciousness'. When one's mind is so fully occupied with one single thought, strangely or miraculously there takes place a sudden awakening within oneself. Al the 'searching and contriving' ceases, and with it comes the feeling that what was wanted is here, that all is well with the world and with oneself, and that the problem is now for the first time successfully and satisfactorily solved. The Chinese have the saying, ' When you are in an impasse, there is an opening.' The Christians teach, 'Man's extremity is God's opportunity'.

The main thing to do when a man finds himself in this mental extremity is to exhaust all his powers of 'searching and contriving; which means to concentrate all his energy in this frontal attack. Whether he is pondering a knotty problem of philosophy, or mathematics, or contriving a means of escape from oppressive conditions, or seeking a passage of liberation from an apparently hopeless situation, his empirical mind, psychologically speaking, is taxed to its limit of energy; but when the limit is transcended a new source of energy in one form or another is tapped.

Physically, an extraordinary amount of strength or endurance is exhibited to the surprise of the man himself; morally, often on a battlefield a soldier manifests great courage, performing deeds of audacity; intellectually, a philosopher, if he is a really great one, clears up a new way of looking at Reality; religiously, we have such spiritual phenomena as conversion, ….

pg. 22

After enumerating these four cases Tai-hui concludes that there is after all in Zen which can neither be imparted to others nor learned from others, and that the trouble with most people is that they are thoroughly dead and do not want to be resuscitated. Tai-hui now talks of his own experience in the following way: [snip]

Last edited by alisa2; 18-05-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 18-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #5626
lone star

"the trouble with most people is that they are thoroughly dead and do not want to be resuscitated"

aint that the truth
lone star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #5627
alisa2

Ira Schepetin / Atma Chaitanya explains what Sat Chit Ananda is (8:50 in)

Old 24-05-2016, 01:06 AM   #5628
alisa2

Old 24-05-2016, 03:04 AM   #5629
alisa2

Benjamin Smyth quotes

"The search for the truth is the search for the permission to live how you want to live."

"Food, water, shelter, sex, get out of the sun, get into the warmth.... and the rest... is absolute entertainment..."

"Nothing society makes can actually save a body from changing."
Old 25-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #5630
alisa2

10:08 But it requires great power of will to concentrate sufficiently to overcome the magnetic pull of our addiction, to images, to objects, to thoughts, to the pleasures of possessing those objects and being possessed and held by other objects. And the more subtle pleasures of thinking you are manipulating and strategizing and mastering those objects. And all of the jouissances that come at every level of physical, subtle and pure mind object in which we have experienced an identification and pleasure. And it is only once that pleasure has turned to pain and the interest has been lost and the deadendedness of it all has been recognized- that the power of concentration will return to wonder about but who am I, who is, in the midst of all this, to whom all this appears.

Last edited by alisa2; 25-05-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 25-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #5631
alisa2

I can't seem to find the link for this:

A Dialogue on Zen Koans

Q: What is the basic purpose of koans?

A: Mainly to put a stop to representational thinking.

Q: Just what exactly do you mean by representational thinking?

A: Basically, representational thinking deals with the habitual use of mental images at a very subtle level. The major problem with such thinking is that we believe it matches the object it tries to represent. But it doesn't. From a Buddhist standpoint, no representation can match our Buddha-nature. And as long as we try to visualize this nature, we are just going to run around in circles.

Q: If I am given a koan, then, I am expected to perceive what is not a mental image--breaking my habit of representational thinking--right?

A: Yes...that's right. But surmounting such thinking, especially for us moderns, is really difficult. Often, we fail to arrive at the limit of representational thinking. Some even go so far as to represent non-representational thinking! Talk about delusion!

Q: Could you explain how all this pertains to the "Mu" koan about whether or not a dog has the Buddha-nature?

A: As you know Joshu replied to the question with "Mu", meaning "No". This came as a shock to the questioner who believed that all sentient beings, including a dog, have the potential to realize Buddahood in the future. In regard to the koan exercise, itself, as laid out by Chinese Zen master Ta-hui, Joshu's "Mu" is called a *hua-wei* meaning "word-tail". For the practitioner thinking "Mu" in his mind's eye, it is merely a hua-wei, being no more than a mental image, or more precisely, a mental sound. In the exercise, itself, hua-wei chiefly refers to representational thinking. "Mu", let us say, is the grand representation of all! Imagine, then, trying to transcend "Mu", seeing the *pure antecedentness* of the hua-wei called the *hau-t'ou*, meaning 'ante-word'. But that is what we have to do. Basically, this means to look at the suchness which comes prior to the arising of Mu in our mind's eye. If we look correctly, we will see the first trace of Buddha Mind, understanding that the myriad of things issue from this abode which is free of mental images.

Last edited by alisa2; 25-05-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #5632
alisa2

Meditation will never dissolve the me. 25:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=025IlvALepo
Old 03-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #5633
alisa2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpglZ9m8XEI

3:00 The world is like a river, always changing, always changing.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #5634
alisa2

Old 16-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #5635
alisa2

Love this...

10:00 "To really embody it in daily life will cost you everything. Everything, because the only thing you can rely on is this nothingness. As long as you rely on anything of your thinking mind, you're relying on the structure of society, your family system, and yourself.
" Margot Ridler
Old 14-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #5636
alisa2

Yesterday I joined yahoogroup on Shin Buddism. I read their blog and watched a few of their videos so I thought I was joining a group of awake beings. Not so. I joined the group after having to give them a reason why I wanted to join. The name on my yahoo account is Alisa. The owner of the group sent a message to group welcoming me to the group. The subject of the message read: Please welcome new member Alicia. I thought OMG, what ? Alicia??? This guy isn't even awake enough to notice my name is not Alicia. Why do people read Alisa as Alicia? Because they are NOT awake! lol Can't even get a name right. If you're not sure of the pronunciation the least you could do is spell it the way you SEE it spelled.

Last edited by alisa2; 14-07-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 14-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #5637
getagrip
Inactive

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
Yesterday I joined yahoogroup on Shin Buddism. I read their blog and watched a few of their videos so I thought I was joining a group of awake beings. Not so. I joined the group after having to give them a reason why I wanted to join. The name on my yahoo account is Alisa. The owner of the group sent a message to group welcoming me to the group. The subject of the message read: Please welcome new member Alicia. I thought OMG, what ? Alicia??? This guy isn't even awake enough to notice my name is not Alicia. Why do people read Alisa as Alicia? Because they are NOT awake! lol Can't even get a name right. If you're not sure of the pronunciation the least you could do is spell it the way you SEE it spelled.
http://tinybuddha.com/blog/why-judgi...es-us-unhappy/

getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #5638
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
It does appear I am judging him. I am very well aware that I am not my name. I am not going say anything to him as anything I say would probably be perceived as judging him. He too wouldn't be happy about that. Or maybe I am judging him too soon. Or maybe it's the way I approach it. Most likely it's the latter- the way I approach it. I thought I was going to learn something from this guy, but it looks like I'm going to be teaching him something. lol

If I said anything to him at all it would not be a judgment, but constructive criticism.

In any event, my current internet connection is too slow for yahoogorups. That I even had enough speed to join the group was surprising. Looks like I'll have pay $5.00 more a month for faster internet connection if I want to participate in any YG.

Last edited by alisa2; 14-07-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 14-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #5639
alisa2

“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” ~Henry David Thoreau

And what you see is not always what is.
Old 14-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #5640
alisa2

The English Prime
E-Prime
or
English without the use of "is".

0:40: ... it's also the kind of consciousness that Zen Buddism tries to induce... "

2:51: ... they use language in an overly dogmatic way, which sets their brain into overly dogmatic modes, so they think dogmatically, they percieve dogmatically, they even smell dogmatically, they hear dogmatically, they are locked in a trap of fixed ideas, in a trap of neurosemantic psychics in their brain...

Last edited by alisa2; 14-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.