Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Conspiracy/Truth Researchers > General - The Researchers

Old 26-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #21
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl0599 View Post
i'm with you on this one

with all the good work done by Rick Simpson into cannabis oils, it is really surprising Mckenna didn't know about it's medical properties, I think that alone is enough to sway in favour of the Jan Irvin argument, Mckenna was just a salesman and not a researcher as he claimed,What did mckenna die of again?
possibly a lack of Hemp.
Terence died in 2000. I never heard of Rick Simpson till way later. I don't see what it has to do with Irvin's lies about Terence anyway. Why would anyone believe an obvious lie?
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #22
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
Still a bit suss how he says he has done it before, been a spokesman for an organisation and for Jay Weidner to be thinking something was suss then it's worth thinking about.

Mckenna and Robert Anton Wilson are two of my favourite writers/speakers ever, really intelligent guys but even I find it strange when it comes to the conspiracy side of things how both of them tried to play down a lot of the things which are staring us right in the face now.

I still listen to both of them because I like a bit of balance but there's somethings that both of them refused to believe which are practically impossible to refute now because the shit is happening for all to see.
I've never heard Terence talk much about conspiracies at all except just kind of what is implicit in his ideas about the dominator culture. Never heard him really poo-poo it that much or anything.

RAW I do not trust. I got a lot out of Cosmic Trigger and Illuminatis and whatever else I read but some of his aspects put me off. The way I look at it he was an Illuminati apologist.
Old 26-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #23
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_sufi View Post
All his theories were incorrect and have been debunked.. Stoned ape theory, novelty theory, etc - all pseudoscience

I can remember his brother on a podcast talking about how Terrence didn't believe these theories himself and just promoted them for money. He said it was mainly him pressuring Terrence to do it

Also Terrence despite taking about Mushrooms all the time rarely took them, and never at high doses. In fact the last time he took them was quite a long time, over a decade before he died. During the trip he said they turned on him and never recovered

Dennis soon after the podcast was published told the people who put it up to take it down threatening legal action, and throwing a massive hissy fit. There's a mirror of that podcast is somewhere, I might search for it

But there's all sorts of goodies about him and Terrence acting like complete conmen... No idea why he even talked about
Well I'm pretty sure we started ingesting psychedelics a long, long time ago. How long? Who knows? How did it get debunked?

As for the ingression of novelty, things sure seem to be getting pretty fucking novel! How much do things develop every day now compared to biblical times?

I would like to hear Dennis on the podcast you are talking about. Seriously, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Found it

http://www.matrixmasters.net/salon/?p=595

Dennis Mckenna's book is called Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss.

Last edited by supertzar; 26-08-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #24
dr steam

TerenceMcKenna-1976

"I'm not sure what inquiries were made or how the matter proceeded to be so easily resolved; I do remember that Terence and our father went to the Federal Building in Denver accompanied by a lawyer. As Terence later told it, he announced at the courthouse that he was there to turn himself in, but nobody seemed to know what he was talking about. After a search, seomeone found the paperwork and had him fill out a few forms and schedule a court appearance. It was all politely bureaucratic - hardly the reception an international fugitive might have expected after eluding capture for nearly three years.

Once the case was settled, I belive he got three years unsupervised probation in return for telling them "everything he knew" about his hashish suppliers. Terence's response was a long, rambling account with references to an auto body shop in a back alley in Bombay, as I recall. When I read the statement months later, I assumed he'd made it all up, but it apparently satisfied the authorities. To the best of my knowledge, the whole mess ended there; he never heard another word about it." — Dennis McKenna (Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss)

Debunking The "Agent McKenna" Theory

Quote:
Someone should do a CIA FOIA on Jan Irvin himself.
He comports himself in a manner exactly like what you would expect from a CIA asset.
http://thepsychedelicist.blogspot.dk...f-gnostic.html

Old 27-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #25
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_sufi View Post

Also Terrence despite taking about Mushrooms all the time rarely took them, and never at high doses. In fact the last time he took them was quite a long time, over a decade before he died. During the trip he said they turned on him and never recovered
Terence is an OG. Dude literally wrote the book on Stropharia cubensis cultivation. His intake is legendary (see True Hallucinations for a wild psychic excursion on Ayahuasca and "dinner plate sized" mushrooms from the cow pastures of La Chorrera in the heart of the Amazon.) He had the ultimate bum trip in 1989 and cut it out. I learned that thanks to you so thanks for the info. Listen to Dr. Steam!

Last edited by supertzar; 27-08-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 27-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #26
dave52

Love Terence Mckenna. For what it's worth I don't believe he was controlled opposition.

Shameless plug - I wrote an album based on his thoughts and presentations…

Rome Falls:
https://soundcloud.com/daveware/sets/ware-rome-falls

www.DaveWare.co.uk
Are You Listening...?
dave52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #27
atredies

https://www.erowid.org/culture/chara...reamtime.shtml

"Think of a pond and think of how, if the surface of the pond begins to boil, that's the signal
that some enormous protean form is about to break the surface of the pond and reveal itself.
Human history is the boiling of the pond surface of ordinary biology. We are flesh, which
has been caught in the grip of some kind of an attractor that lies ahead of us in time,
and that is sculpting to its ends."

Sounds about right...
atredies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #28
clockworkelf

What I've noticed is, most of the people throwing around the "he was a CIA agent" crap, haven't really listened to him, haven't read his books or more importantly, had the courage themselves to jump down the rabbit hole.
clockworkelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #29
unlockthepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkelf View Post
What I've noticed is, most of the people throwing around the "he was a CIA agent" crap, haven't really listened to him, haven't read his books or more importantly, had the courage themselves to jump down the rabbit hole.
I don't think that's true. If it wasn't for Jan Irvin we wouldn't have half of the Terence McKenna lectures we have online today (He converted all the old tapes and uploaded them many years ago) he also is very experienced with psychedelics.

I have all his books and have read them all. I have almost all his lectures and have listened to them many times but it's clear he was dirty and i don't mean because of only the soundbite about being recruited that may or may not be misinterpreted.
I'm sure psilocybin mushrooms played a role in human cultural evolution but McKenna's stoned ape theory is bunk. The visual acuity thing has been proven bullshit.
He also pushed the whole 2012 scam too that Jan has documented and many other things such as the human microchipping agenda, eugenics etc. and said nobody was in control and conspiracy theories are epistemological cartoons.

Last edited by unlockthepower; 28-08-2014 at 12:37 AM.
unlockthepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #30
rooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkelf View Post
lol why am I not surprised that their is a clock work elf defending him?

I've always found him super interesting. I tried to look into his theories and didn't get into them too much. His take on culture was good and appealed to me when I was not being entertained by most cultural stuff. IMO he was like a guru. it is strange he didn't talk about conspiracies. He did talk about psycedelics being illegal and why that was so. However he could of spoke of other things. It sounds like he bought the line that he never believed anything and became the spokesperson for particular entities from some other dimension IMO
rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #31
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl0599 View Post
i'm with you on this one

with all the good work done by Rick Simpson into cannabis oils, it is really surprising Mckenna didn't know about it's medical properties, I think that alone is enough to sway in favour of the Jan Irvin argument, Mckenna was just a salesman and not a researcher as he claimed,What did mckenna die of again?
possibly a lack of Hemp.
Good point. He did have some dubious friends like Huxley.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #32
dr steam

Default More than one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooey View Post
lol why am I not surprised that their is a clock work elf defending him?
I recommend that one refer to these self-transforming machine elves, with some respect (and in plural) it's your own responsibility, if you piss them off.they are self-transforming, you know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS2G1ZZOoVY
Enjoy.

namaste

Last edited by dr steam; 28-08-2014 at 09:50 AM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #33
naeem82

he was good, however there is a clip/mp3 of him admitting to be cia or fbi, he admits atleast they pay.. so take everything he says carefully

still was a good guy, im sure u can find that clip somewhere
naeem82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #34
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem82 View Post
he was good, however there is a clip/mp3 of him admitting to be cia or fbi, he admits atleast they pay.. so take everything he says carefully

still was a good guy, im sure u can find that clip somewhere
Hey, naeem82. That's been thoroughly debunked right in this thread!
Old 29-08-2014, 03:23 AM   #35
rooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Hey, naeem82. That's been thoroughly debunked right in this thread!

I really want that to be true.. as much as anyone does easily.. However I am not sold on it yet.. If anyone can give me more info Id be truly greatful..
rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #36
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooey View Post
I really want that to be true.. as much as anyone does easily.. However I am not sold on it yet.. If anyone can give me more info Id be truly greatful..
Don't know what more can be possibly be given other than having you read True Hallucinations. He's talking about the Mushroom recruiting them.

Last edited by supertzar; 29-08-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #37
tortle

The Mckenna CIA thing is nonsense, it's based on an out of context clip from one of his talks.

Also the content of Mckenna's talks did not change, even towards the end, so I don't see what 'the CIA getting to him' accomplished. In fact the talks in the mid-late 90s are far more in-depth.
tortle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #38
dr steam

Default The Living Dead

Terence Mckenna - The Living Dead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVEcpdLZ8mE

namaste

Last edited by dr steam; 30-08-2014 at 06:25 PM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #39
atredies

This is why I think Terence Mckenna was for real,
He is the enemy of those who work hard to control the public.

"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
― Terence McKenna
atredies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #40
dr steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by atredies View Post
This is why I think Terence Mckenna was for real,
He is the enemy of those who work hard to control the public.

"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
― Terence McKenna
Terence Mckenna comments on everything [nearly]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzF6rJULcGg