Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Have a Laugh

Old 31-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
reversi

Default $10k Challenge - For the Rich Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Reversi (also marketed by Pressman under the trade name Othello) is an abstract strategy board game which involves play by two parties on an eight-by-eight square grid with pieces that have two distinct sides. Pieces typically appear coin-like, with a light and a dark face, each side representing one player. The goal for each player is to make pieces of their color constitute a majority of the pieces on the board at the end of the game, by turning over as many of their opponent's pieces as possible.
It is often said that the brain is the most powerful tool one have, and I´d like to use my inferior apparatus to obtain some money before I start my foray into the world of commerce. If you are a secret ruler of this world with a bank account twice the size of equator, then:

I challenge YOU

The rules are quite simple:

We play.
If you are defeated - I get $10k
If you are victorious - You keep your money.

Please tell your eccentric friends about this challenge on the next lodge meeting.

email replaced by OP request:
Send a PM

Last edited by strt; 07-11-2008 at 07:58 PM.
reversi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
keystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by reversi View Post
We play.
If you are defeated - I get $10k
If you are victorious - You keep your money.

Please tell your eccentric friends about this challenge on the next lodge meeting.
Very enterprising of you. I actually beat the computer at Reversi once, just once mind you. However, none of my friends in the Lodge are eccentric nor do they have this type of money to chuck around - I certainly don't. So, with regret, I must decline your kind opportunity. Thanks anyway.

PS Your sigs a little silly. Just how is my post spam? I was only declining your challenge.

Communications on an internet forum should be implicitly and demonstrably informed by respect - each esteeming the other no less than we esteem ourselves.

Last edited by keystone; 31-10-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added PS
keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
reversi

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone View Post
Very enterprising of you. I actually beat the computer at Reversi once, just once mind you. However, none of my friends in the Lodge are eccentric nor do they have this type of money to chuck around - I certainly don't. So, with regret, I must decline your kind opportunity. Thanks anyway.

PS Your sigs a little silly. Just how is my post spam? I was only declining your challenge.
Thank you for your response, keystone. Please tell anyway; there could be a secret benefactor willing to accept this challenge somewhere. My signature is about my gmail inbox, not your kind words.
Old 31-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
eastbeast

Great idea, you sound like a person who could go far, sadly I like my Brother Keystone have to decline, although I would like to see you succeed in your endevours.

What do you plan to do with the money?

Last edited by eastbeast; 31-10-2008 at 02:36 PM.
eastbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
keystone

Quote:
Thank you for your response, keystone.
Why the sarcasm?

Quote:
Please tell anyway; there could be a secret benefactor willing to accept this challenge somewhere.
Not on my radar I'm afraid.

Quote:
My signature is about my gmail inbox, not your kind words.
Well the link is to the thread NOT your email addy. I would have thought it unwise to put your email in the public domain anyway. Any takers from that route yet?

Communications on an internet forum should be implicitly and demonstrably informed by respect - each esteeming the other no less than we esteem ourselves.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
reversi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbeast View Post
Great idea, you sound like a person who could go far, sadly I like my Brother Keystone have to decline, although I would like to see you succeed in your endevours.
Thanks. However, if/when someone accept this challenge I assume it will be kept Sub Rosa regardless of the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbeast View Post
What do you plan to do with the money?
I would use it to create a better future for myself. About 70% would be an investment in future profits. I won´t say too much about my business plan, publicly. Here is how I would use the rest:

** OiT: Omplasseringstjensten i Agder (Replacement service in Agder)

This project is about making good use of bicycles found in the public domain, and to keep them accessible to the public. We find, repair and replace bicycles to the best of our ability. This is a strictly non-profit endeavor.
Use for money: repairment, marketing material: stickers, brochures

** GDS Web Skolen (DIY Web School)

This project aims to demystify common myths about internet publishing. It shall manifest itself as an free educational service where people can sign-up for automated e-mail courses based on individual preferances. People will be empowered by the awesome power of standard complient mark-up language.
Use for money: freelance article writers, printing materials, publishing rights, phpDesigner 2008 professional edition:)

I have other projects too.. but those two listed are currently top priority.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
reversi

Quote:
Why the sarcasm?
What sarcasm?

Quote:
Well the link is to the thread NOT your email addy.
But my gmail is posted in this thread, first post.

Quote:
Any takers from that route yet?
No, not yet. I should probably make the challenge more exciting.

Last edited by reversi; 02-11-2008 at 03:18 PM.
reversi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
keystone

Quote:
What sarcasm?
The emphasis provided by the use of italics.

Quote:
But my gmail is posted in this thread, first post.
Yeah OK see what you mean. Just doesn't read that way.

Quote:
No, not yet. I should probably make the challenge more exciting.
Pity. Sure you'll get somone.

Last edited by keystone; 02-11-2008 at 04:05 PM.