Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke Website Headlines

Old 22-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #21
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by markritter View Post
That's only a relatively new thing though. Even so, if one person has three rooms they are denying a house to a family who might need it. What is more important, the desire of one person to have extra room or the need of a family who will use them?
Would you like to make a new thread on selfishness?
As I said before, this thread is about people who live in an appropriately sized accommodation, nothing to do with selfishness.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #22
dac54

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawake View Post
I totally agree.

I once worked for a guy who's parents died, and the council moved him from the family home that he had lived in for 45 years to a one bed flat. You should have heard his complaints. He actually thought that he should have inherited his parents home, even though they didn't own it. Just weird. He'd lived with them for 45 years and had never tried to buy the house but still thought it was his.

We as a country should be providing adequate housing for our less well off, but we shouldn't be giving a three bed house to an individual. It should go to a family.
In a way i can see the guy's point of view,if he's lived there for 45 years then he's obviously got a sentimental attachment to the place,knows the neighbours and the area etc,whether he was in a position financially to buy it it's still the family home.

You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold.
That is how important you are !
dac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #23
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Would you like to make a new thread on selfishness?
As I said before, this thread is about people who live in an appropriately sized accommodation, nothing to do with selfishness.
I was making a point about people who don't live in the correct size accommodation though, who expect to be able to live in a house that others may need. The thread doesn't specify what you are saying in terms of size.

If you live in a house or flat that is based on your needs I cant see why that would be an issue. Its not like they can just kick you out for no reason and if they have to move you they have to give you another place to live. If you had a landlord you might end up with a tenancy agreement that only lasts so many years before its reviewed. It just means that when the review date comes up the council can move people out of houses that are larger than they require. I get that people don't want to move if they have settled in an area but unless you are a home owner there really is little choice.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #24
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac54 View Post
In a way i can see the guy's point of view,if he's lived there for 45 years then he's obviously got a sentimental attachment to the place,knows the neighbours and the area etc,whether he was in a position financially to buy it it's still the family home.
Some council houses used to go relatively cheaply to those who had lived there for many years

There are also people out there who could buy a house or get a private rental but who don't want to because renting a council house is a bit cheaper.
Old 23-01-2016, 03:18 PM   #25
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
I was making a point about people who don't live in the correct size accommodation though, who expect to be able to live in a house that others may need. The thread doesn't specify what you are saying in terms of size.

If you live in a house or flat that is based on your needs I cant see why that would be an issue. Its not like they can just kick you out for no reason and if they have to move you they have to give you another place to live. If you had a landlord you might end up with a tenancy agreement that only lasts so many years before its reviewed. It just means that when the review date comes up the council can move people out of houses that are larger than they require. I get that people don't want to move if they have settled in an area but unless you are a home owner there really is little choice.
Yes as if I didn't notice. That's why I said, it is OT and asked you to discuss it in another thread but you continue to troll.

*YOu marked as ignore*
Old 23-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #26
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Yes as if I didn't notice. That's why I said, it is OT and asked you to discuss it in another thread but you continue to troll.

*YOu marked as ignore*
Suit yourself. I wasn't being difficult, just highlighting points that some people want to ignore.

Last edited by markritter; 23-01-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 24-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #27
sevenhills

Quote:
Suit yourself. I wasn't being difficult, just highlighting points that some people want to ignore.
I agree with you here
The OP was trying to imply that its typical tory cuts or similar, when it is actually an effective way to ensure people in social housing have appropriate sized accommodation for their needs.

There is no danger of people being made homeless, each Council (or possibly several Councils, depending on personal circumstances) has a Duty of Care to house its citizens in what is deemed to be suitable accommodation for their situation.
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #28
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhills View Post
I agree with you here
The OP was trying to imply that its typical tory cuts or similar, when it is actually an effective way to ensure people in social housing have appropriate sized accommodation for their needs.

There is no danger of people being made homeless, each Council (or possibly several Councils, depending on personal circumstances) has a Duty of Care to house its citizens in what is deemed to be suitable accommodation for their situation.
I REPEAT!
People are already in the appropriate sized accommodation now because of bedroom tax. So how does your post related to the end of life tenancy which you don't say.

You speak like someone who has been in the forum for a long time.
Old 24-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #29
sevenhills

Having a Tenancy that is reviewable is a way of allocating houses correctly, according to need at that time.

If someone no longer needs the three bedroom house in which they currently live, they can be given a new tenancy on a smaller property, rather than sitting in the larger house on their original tenancy.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Under Occupancy Charge aka Bedroom Tax
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #30
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhills View Post
Having a Tenancy that is reviewable is a way of allocating houses correctly, according to need at that time.

If someone no longer needs the three bedroom house in which they currently live, they can be given a new tenancy on a smaller property, rather than sitting in the larger house on their original tenancy.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the Under Occupancy Charge aka Bedroom Tax
Fair enough in the example of yours but majority of people (a single people, a couple or a family) already live in an appropriate sized accommodation. It means they loose their life tenancy. Like it or lump it, is that it? People are in social housing for a reason e.g. vulnerability etc and ends up in social housing. And I think even in private renting, the law permits in a way that potentially private renters may need to move every six months. That allowance gives much instability to people's lives and it's terrible way to live.

Basically the idea is that private renters are having to put up with six month tenancy agreement, let's make it equal for social housing tenants too....the fact is, six month tenancy agreement is rank in the first place. Yeah, let's introduce more job insecurity, everyone is dispensable and let's throw in home insecurity as well. WORRY, WORRY, KILL YOURSELF Fuckers!

Last edited by elshaper; 24-01-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 19-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #31
elshaper
Inactive

This is a part of the problem.

David
Old 19-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #32
fudgetusk

I saw on the news a few weeks ago that council tenants were being thrown out of their homes so they could be given to the homeless! They are just creating homelessness.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #33
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
This is a part of the problem.

David
thousands of empty homes...thousands of homeless people...thousands of empty pockets. hope that clears things up.

i dont agree with it but thats what its about.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #34
elenita

They want to make people feel very insecure around housing. Who wants to be uprooted on a regular basis?
elenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #35
baboshka1
Inactive

My mate is disabled and in a bungalow. The workmen came in to check the properties on his estate, saying they are checking the capatiy walls. He got suspous because the walls do not have them. They took lots of pics etc. I told him they are getting thier property portfolio ready.
Few weeks later he was asked if he wanted to buy his bungalow. People on benefits cannoty get a mortage so how can they buy it?
As he cannot buy it then a third party can come along buy it and make him ore or less homeless.

A chap lived in a flat for over 60 years again his block of flats which was owned by housing as, its got bought up via a third party. They moved him from london and everything he knew, they moved him to birmingham.
This New con goverment idea is all about thier mates making more money and making the poor poorer as tis will create more homeless people.
We have not even seen the consequenses of this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
thousands of empty homes...thousands of homeless people...thousands of empty pockets. hope that clears things up.

i dont agree with it but thats what its about.
1000s of empty homes in Liverpool been like that for years, somthing that rattled my cage for a long time.

Last edited by baboshka1; 20-12-2016 at 11:01 AM.
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 05:51 PM   #36
thoreau

I am kind of ok with the end of life time tenancies - but only because the government has made such a massive cock up of housing that choices are limited in the immediate future if they are to get on top of the homelessness crisis gripping the country.

Ideally more homes would be built and given to people on the same basis as happened when council housing was first built - sadly that would not only take a political will that is not there but also a great deal of time.

There are many ways that the housing crisis could be managed - rent controls, more protection for tenants, a common sense approach to the bedroom tax (I would rather see it scrapped altogether but in lieu of that at least support people into smaller houses rather than penalise them whether smaller accommodation exists or not - the vast majority of people do not over occupy by choice - they are in the accommodation that was offered to them or children have moved out), capping the number of houses any individual or for profit organisation can own, reclaiming houses that are left empty...

Sadly whilst the uk relies on the housing market and people taking out mortgages I think that it will only get worse.
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #37
elshaper
Inactive

So it was Southwark, Lewisham, now Harringay is at it.
This is another way to push over these poor sods out of their own home, some even purchased. They won't be able to afford new-build accommodation hence pushed out of the community they've lived long enough.

Quote:
£2bn sell-off of Haringey Council property ‘will force out families and destroy community’

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-a3480646.html
Then TheStandard publish this article along side with it. It's all about MONEY.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3480766.html
Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #38
Irregular_Expression

Are we in hell or what? This reality is complete BS.
Irregular_Expression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:56 PM   #39
Irregular_Expression

Those of us who are awake are now responsible for how far this mess goes, the sleepers are akin to zombies and may need to be cut loose to some extent.
Irregular_Expression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #40
elshaper
Inactive

Default Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irregular_Expression View Post
Are we in hell or what? This reality is complete BS.
Yes we are and if we don't do anything about it we are all mug. On a flip side we can do whatever we like as long as you don't get caught. I've been saying we need to fight but I am getting inertia from the awake forum members and that's disappointing but no point in complaining. Those that are willing need to charge on. Time for typing is over. Get out in the fields and crash! I am going for well-known but unnamed groups this year, smash 'em to pieces. They are not as powerful as we have been lead to think. Honestly, hiding behind the facade of 'power'...fools us no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irregular_Expression View Post
Those of us who are awake are now responsible for how far this mess goes, the sleepers are akin to zombies and may need to be cut loose to some extent.
Exactly.