Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke Website Headlines

Old 04-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
adam 7

Default All Religion is a Form of Madness

Noticed DI likes the picture "all religion is a form of madness"

Today's headlines... http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/a...ecord-numbers/

I have seen this several times on both the facebook page and on headlines.

I like it. It is harsh maybe, but to the point.

But if religion is a form of madness. What about belief in reppies? Is believing the world is run by shape shifting lizards a form of madness?

Madness
* the state of having a serious mental illness
* extremely foolish behaviour
* a state of wild or chaotic activity

I think we are talking about the second one here. We are not saying people need to be locked up.

But to be consistent. Surely believing in our rep friends ruling the planet is in the same ball park as religion. Do you agree?

Thanks

Last edited by adam 7; 04-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.
adam 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
alf hearted
Banned

Does a belief in reppies demand that you pay tribute to them and live your life according to their commands? When it does, give us a shout.
alf hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
grandmasterp
Banned

That statement presumes that 'Truthing' is not a religion.
We've had threads on here before now pointing out the similarities between religion and truthing.
IMO if Truthing isn't a religion then it is a very close relative of religion.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
h2pogo
Inactive

Statements like that and others similar are DIs biggest mistake IMHO..I am not relegious but have great respect and have learned a lot from everything..Religions included..

Last edited by h2pogo; 04-03-2015 at 03:01 PM.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
alf hearted
Banned

You can learn just as much from religious books without following everything they tell you, and believing they are divine truth, or some other such nonsense.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #6
woomars

Quotes

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.

A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive. ( in Progress )

The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity.

All religions teach this, so there is no sense in bashing religion, its only formed by the uninformed aka ignorance. But We Rise Up.

Professor Dr Anders Einstein,
Are we creating a new religion LoL.
Jah BlessS You
Nature is manifestation of God if u ask me. or this -->>To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms.
So our 1st Sollution lies in repairing our Dull Faculties, wich one can read about in all religionouss texts. Feel Me?/or not; Means clean up mind wise and body wise Ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DOVsWe7H6U

Eliphas Shizzle->

They are without fears and without desires, dominated by no falsehood, sharing no error, loving without illusion, suffering without impatience, reposing in the quietude of eternal thought...

a Magus cannot be ignorant, for magic implies superiority, mastership, majority, and majority signifies emancipation by knowledge. The Magus welcomes pleasure, accepts wealth, deserves honour, but is never the slave of one of them; he knows how to be poor, to abstain, and to suffer; he endures oblivion willingly because he is lord of his own happiness say Whut

and expects or fears nothing from the caprice of fortune. He can love without being beloved; he can create imperishable treasures, and exalt himself above the level of honours or the prizes of the lottery. He possesses that which he seeks, namely, profound peace say Whut

He regrets nothing which must end, but remembers with satisfaction that he has met with good in all. His hope is a certitude, for he knows that good is eternal and evil transitory. He enjoys solitude, but does not fly the society of man; he is a child with children, joyous with the young, staid with the old, patient with the foolish, happy with the wise. He smiles with all who smile, and mourns with all who weep; applauding strength, he is yet indulgent to weakness; offending no one, he has himself no need to pardon, for he never thinks himself offended; he pities those who misconceive him, and seeks an opportunity to serve them; by the force of kindness only does he avenge himself on the ungrateful..."[

Rasta,

Last edited by woomars; 04-03-2015 at 04:54 PM.
woomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
digital_aghori

Well....a very important point about the so-called religions in that picture is that at least a few of them are only classed as religion because of our definition of religion.

Sikhism for example is more like the military faction of the Dharmic "religions", but even these Dharmic religions like Hinduism are more like the basis for the whole society.

Sikhism actually filled real need to try and defend the Hindus from violence by Islamic invaders/conquerors.

Which brings me onto Islam, which is political to the point that I believe it should actually be better thought of as a complete way of life.

You've just made a headline like that to be "PC" and not single any one of them out, IMO.
digital_aghori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
mr man

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam 7 View Post

But if religion is a form of madness. What about belief in reppies? Is believing the world is run by shape shifting lizards a form of madness?

Madness

I think we are talking about the second one here. We are not saying people need to be locked up.

But to be consistent. Surely believing in our rep friends ruling the planet is in the same ball park as religion. Do you agree?

Thanks
Belief is in seeing infront of ones eyes (not on the internet) and also faith comes from seeing, as they say, seeing is believing, unless, ofcourse one is mad.
mr man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #9
alf hearted
Banned

I take it the blind from birth are incapable of believing anything then?
Old 04-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
mr man

Talking

Well if your going to be stupid about it, you are a believer in a god you never met obviously hence your idiotic reply lol, you bible thumpers crack me up every time.
mr man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:19 AM   #11
divineangel
Banned

the blind from birth are like those who have mud covering their eyes- they see nothing

then there are those with lots of dust covering their eyes- they see dimly

then there are those who can see

Jesus gave sight to the blind from birth by removing the mud from their eyes.

(see corresponding bible parables for specifics)

Last edited by divineangel; 05-03-2015 at 03:31 AM.
divineangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:37 AM   #12
divineangel
Banned

Whatever suggests a single element of evil is a mirage, a lie.
MBE

Last edited by divineangel; 06-03-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #13
midnightacity

Well,,,, religion can in some circumstance make people act quite irrationally, like homophobia and people thinking it is ok to kill others in the name of religion so I guess you could make that claim technically.

Has anyone seen this video it is a comedy/joke making fun of religion. It is quite funny IMO.

Last edited by midnightacity; 06-03-2015 at 03:29 PM.
midnightacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam 7 View Post

Madness

Thanks
A bit like saying all madness is a form of religion.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #15
alf hearted
Banned

All madness is a form of religion. You create your own belief system, shaped by shit you've been told, then follow it blindly until it leads to your death or a stay in a psychiatric establishment.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:22 AM   #16
divineangel
Banned

unbalanced individuals in all sectors, all walks of life, can behave inappropriately.

amoral people, criminals and alcoholics usually hate religion the most. they are often illiterate, suffer moral retardation or they sell alcohol crime vice for profit.

religion tends to produce non corruptable sober literate people who do not lend themselves to criminal coercion or vice.

religion is not a lucrative target market for perverts, drunks or crooks profits or ambitions.

Fear of God is the begining of wisdom.

all you haters who hate God get exactly what you deserve.

Last edited by divineangel; 07-03-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #17
alf hearted
Banned

Yeah, right. Have a nice day, you god-loving fool.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #18
midnightacity

In many cases it seems that those who look for god are those who have forgotten how to look within themselves for happiness.
midnightacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 AM   #19
alf hearted
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightacity View Post
In many cases it seems that those who look for god are those who have forgotten how to look within themselves for happiness.
Some of them daren't be happy in case god might be frowning down on them.

:sadface:

Last edited by alf hearted; 07-03-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #20
divineangel
Banned

elf-hurted
you should read more

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are yea when men revile you and persecute you for my name sake and say evil against you falsely 12: Rejoice and be exceedingly glad:for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 5:22 whoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Last edited by divineangel; 07-03-2015 at 07:37 PM.