Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 05-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #61
jambolina62

If the Loch Ness creature exists, I hope scientists never capture it; it's life would be over. Perhaps there are many of them that have survived down the millenia and have learned to remain elusive and out of sight.
I would love to spend some time sitting on the shores of Loch Ness, watching, just to see; I wouldn't tell a soul if I did see it.
As the Light of Love draws near.
jambolina62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #62
runlikehell
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
Ogopogo captured? I'd not heard that. But a strange creature washed up on Montauk beach last year. Somebody said it was just a dog, but I'm not sure.

There are game hunter groups in America who are offering cash prizes for the first one to shoot a Bigfoot. Personally I'd like to declare an open season on the hunters who'd do that!
Hey Hagbard I found some info on it here you go

NOTE: The date of this story was nov 2008! Maybe i missed updates on this story anyone know any more about it?

Quote:
Baby Ogopogo Found in Canadian Lake?
By Annalee Newitz, 11:20 AM on Tue Nov 11 2008, 12,077 views

A team of indie filmmakers just wrapped The Beast of Bottomless Lake, their pseudo-documentary on the legendary Ogopogo monster, a massive creature said to live in British Columbia's Lake Okanagan. And now, a real-life documentary crew from the History Channel claims to have found a "baby Ogopogo" in an underwater cave at the lake. They've also used infrared cameras in helicopters and sonar to look for a mama Ogopogo swimming around, and they think they've spotted her.

The snakey Ogopogo, first seen in the nineteenth century, is supposedly 12 meters long. The History Channel team says their sonar spotted something 3 meters long, which is quite big for it to be a local fish. And then they came upon the "baby Ogopogo." Said Bill Steciuk, a local monster buff who helped organize the film shoots, "It was all curled up. The features were really hard to see. You could see a little head tucked in and a straight tail with no fins."

According to Canwest News Service:

The unidentified specimen has been shipped to the University of Guelph in Ontario for DNA tests, but Ogopogo buffs will have to wait until February to find out more, when the Monster Quest program weighs in on the legendary mega-serpent.

The documentary crew showed photographs of baby Ogopogo to another local monster buff, Arlene Gaal, who has written three books on Ogopogo legends. She said:

The Ogopogo is real, but I don't know what this is. I had my doubts when the crew presented me with their findings. It looked to me like a decomposing ling cod.

Sounds like this might just be advance publicity for the Monster Quest show. Frankly, I'd much rather watch The Beast of Bottomless Lake. Sounds more realistic!

Baby Ogopogo? [via Canwest News Service]

http://io9.com/5083388/baby-ogopogo-...-canadian-lake

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...e-09714781b7c7

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...5-4743ebe1e043
runlikehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #63
hooch

has the theory of nessy being a ghost ever been mentioned? I have always wondered why we never here of ghosts of dinosaurs and the like, after all, all living things supposedly have a spirit?
hooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #64
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

A friend of mine, who is a scientist and a huge sceptic, once saw nessie one night. He'd gone to the lochs to disprove the theory that the loch couldn't possibly be home to a familly of giant carnivores, he'd set up loads of equipment and interviewed vilagers and farmers from near by and studied all the info. On the night he'd concluded Nessie was a myth that the tourist industry perpetrated he saw the beastie sculling in the shallows at the roadside on his way back to the hotel.

it is a nice story, i'd love to go there and see her.

i think what we see in the video is a seal though
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #65
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlikehell View Post
Hey Hagbard I found some info on it here you go

NOTE: The date of this story was nov 2008! Maybe i missed updates on this story anyone know any more about it?

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...e-09714781b7c7

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...5-4743ebe1e043
Thanks for the info, RLH.

But why did they take the baby away? Couldn't they have left it where it was? This is an example of exactly the danger I mentioned above.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #66
coco

Lest we forget Champ, Nessie's cousin living in Lake Champlain.

http://www.lclt.org/Champ.htm

Champ, the Famed Monster of Lake Champlain

In the eyes of the Lake Champlain Land Trust, Champ embodies the mysteries, wonders and importance of the Lake and the creatures that may or may not live within. The fact that we do not know whether Champ exists, means there is still an undiscovered and protected portion of the Lake left to discover. Perhaps most importantly, Champ helps educate the public about this beautiful place and gives us all a reason to sit quietly by the Lake and ponder what lies beneath.....

The American Indians of the area claim stories generations old of a creature living in the lake. Some people claim to have photographed her/him/it. The most famous photo of Champ was taken by a lady in 1977.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/measur...e_champ_photo/

Sandra Mansi’s account of her family’s 1977 encounter with Champ is the most complete and fully documented of any lake monster sighting in history. With the most famous photo of the Loch Ness monster (the “surgeon’s photo”) revealed in 1993 to be a hoax, the Mansi photo stands alone as the most credible and important photographic evidence for a lake monster in Champlain—or anywhere else. John Kirk, in his book In the Domain of the Lake Monsters, writes that "The monster of Lake Champlain . . . has the distinction of being the only lake monster of whom there is a reasonably clear photograph. It . . . is extremely good evidence of an unidentified lake-dwelling animal” (Kirk 1998, 133). Joe Zarzynski, author of Champ: Beyond the Legend (1984), calls the photo “the best single piece of evidence on Champ.” Another writer says that “By any standard the Mansi photograph remains a genuine mystery and a serious obstacle to any effort to reduce the Champ phenomenon to mundane causes”

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by coco; 07-09-2009 at 11:41 PM.
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #67
death
Banned

I find it interesting that Aleister Crowley chose Loch Ness to perpetrate his demonic rituals on society and have to wonder if there's some ancient, cultic history to Nessie. Is this creature the last "dragon" which today we of course identify as dinosaurs. Could this creature be the source of the demigod Leviathan. Could this creature be something conjured from another dimension or even another planet.
Or is it just a relic of a species that is more or less extinct.

A few years ago, some people videotaped a serpent in Lake Michigan. You can see it very clearly. The head, the body, it's swimming and thrashing about. If it's a family of species that lives 99.9% of it's life in the mud and murk, has a long life span and limited reproduction, it may take a couple more centuries before we are technologically equipped to locate them.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #68
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
I find it interesting that Aleister Crowley chose Loch Ness to perpetrate his demonic rituals on society and have to wonder if there's some ancient, cultic history to Nessie. Is this creature the last "dragon" which today we of course identify as dinosaurs. Could this creature be the source of the demigod Leviathan. Could this creature be something conjured from another dimension or even another planet.
Or is it just a relic of a species that is more or less extinct.
Good question. Could Nessie be what Jonathan Downes calls "Zooform phenomena" instead of a real flesh-and-blood creature.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote