Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Earth Changes / Global Warming / Chemtrails / Weather Warfare

Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post
Woooow When & where was this?? Totally crazy!

In the last few days - BBC

tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #22
chattanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmenace View Post

In the last few days - BBC

Yes, I heard it's the worst weather they've had in Vietnam for 30-40 years.
A lot of other countries also getting they're 'records' upgraded this year.
Horrible, I think mother-nature is getting a bit help from the 'hidden-hand'

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #23
tinmenace

Quote:
Yes, I heard it's the worst weather they've had in Vietnam for 30-40 years.
A lot of other countries also getting they're 'records' upgraded this year.
Horrible, I think mother-nature is getting a bit help from the 'hidden-hand'
Agreed!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
klinker

Weather wars anybody?

Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists but empty space and we are but a thought.
klinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #25
chattanova

250,000 Evacuated San Diego County - 100,000 Acres Burned

Volunteer firefighters from Running Springs try to halt the spead of flames in Green Valley Lake, a community about 12 miles east of Lake Arrowhead.
Quote:
The number of blazes and their wind-whipped ferocity strain the area's firefighting resources to the limit.

Wind-whipped firestorms destroyed more than 700 homes and businesses in Southern California on Monday, the second day of its onslaught, and more than half a million people in San Diego County were told to evacuate their homes.

The gale-force winds turned hillside canyons into giant blowtorches from Santa Barbara to the Mexican border. Although the worst damage was around San Diego and Lake Arrowhead, dangerous fires also threatened Malibu, parts of Orange and Ventura counties, and the Agua Dulce area near Santa Clarita.

Late Monday night, new blazes were menacing homes near Stevenson Ranch and in Soledad Canyon in northern Los Angeles County. The Soledad Canyon fire burned multiple mobile homes and evacuations were underway, fire officials said.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, calling it "a tragic time for California," declared a state of emergency in seven counties and redeployed California National Guard members from the border to support firefighters. Schwarzenegger stressed how much California officials have learned since the devastating wildfires of October 2003, which raged over much of the same terrain.

But as the day wore on, it became clear that any hard-earned knowledge was no match for natural forces overrunning the ability of firefighters to control them.

"The issue this time is not preparedness," said San Diego City Council President Scott Peters. "It's that the event is so overwhelming."

Pat Helsing, 59, evacuated her home in the Scripps Ranch area, much as she had done four years ago.

"It seems scarier this time," she said. "The fire is everywhere in San Diego now. You don't know where you can go to escape it."

By late Monday, Southern California fires had burned 269,000 acres -- about 420 square miles -- and destroyed at least 892 buildings. Remarkably, only one person was known to have died, although it was possible that more fatalities would be discovered. At least 37 people had been injured, including 17 firefighters.

Near Malibu, where fire Sunday had burned into the center of town, the focus Monday was in the hills, where firefighters on the ground and in the air were trying to prevent flames from marching across Las Flores Canyon and into Topanga Canyon.

"It's trying to move toward Topanga Canyon, parallel to the coastline," said Manhattan Beach Battalion Chief Frank Chiella, near the Rambla Pacifico area. Firefighters were attempting to stay ahead of the fire and funnel it toward the ocean.

"If you let it get wide, that's a lot more homes it could take out," Chiella said. "We're doing what we can to keep it from getting bigger; we've only lost one home today."

Two fires on opposite sides of Lake Arrowhead had burned about 2,000 acres by Monday evening, destroying 138 buildings and prompting the evacuation of hundreds of residents from mountain resort communities.

In northern Los Angeles County, the Buckweed fire had swept through 35,000 acres by Monday evening, destroying 20 homes and two bridges, and causing the evacuation of about 15,000 people. It was burning toward Magic Mountain, but was partially contained.

In Orange County, where a suspected arson fire stretched the resources of local crews, residents along Calle Cabrillo in Foothill Ranch were packing cars and preparing to evacuate.

"We've been through this before," Karen Royer said. "I believe in God, and I know everything will be good."

Minutes later, a plume of dark smoke lifted over a ridgeline.

"Can I revise that?" she said. "Now I'm scared."

The Orange County blaze, called the Santiago fire, was leaping relentlessly in a southeasterly direction, burning ominously close to the Foothill Ranch and Portola Hill communities. About 500 firefighters and two water-carrying helicopters stood between the fire and hundreds of homes, Battalion Chief Kris Concepcion said.

Several firefighters escaped major injuries when they deployed fire-retardant survival tents as they were overtaken by flames along Santiago Canyon Road.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=2&cset=true

Old 23-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #26
tinmenace

Lapis said it so well in a recent email. She said that the fall of the old has begun.

Old 24-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #27
lapis

Here's a link to some info and current pictures of what's been happening literally all around where I live. San Diego is below me, Orange County is above me and LA above that. Click on "PICS" also.

I swear yesterday on the TV news the Terminator said, and I quote -

"We need the winds to stop. We need it to rain."

They're a pathetic joke without a script infront of them. No, their still a pathetic joke even with a script.

http://http://abcnews.go.com/
Old 24-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #28
chattanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
Here's a link to some info and current pictures of what's been happening literally all around where I live. San Diego is below me, Orange County is above me and LA above that. Click on "PICS" also.

I swear yesterday on the TV news the Terminator said, and I quote -

"We need the winds to stop. We need it to rain."

They're a pathetic joke without a script infront of them. No, their still a pathetic joke even with a script.

http://http://abcnews.go.com/
This is even worser than I thought, and I heard today on the radio they are almost about to give up! (the firefighters) This have to be enourmous!
Are you in a area that you might be evacuated?
Hope you are ok down there lapis.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #29
chattanova

Noel Deadliest of 2007 Atlantic Hurricanes

33,000 without power at 7:30 PM EDT. as Cape Cod, Massachusetts,
suffers downed tree limbs, power wires in the road and street flooding, even after Noel weakened from Cat. 1 back to Tropical Storm with hurricane force wind gusts.

Noel's rainy path in green and yellow today and tonight in New England.
Weather radar by The Providence, R. I. Journal.

With 71 mph gusts and heavy rain, Noel is expected to pound New England tonight. Noel is the 14th named Atlantic hurricane, has killed more than 120 people and left thousands homeless in the Dominican Republic, Haiti and the island of Hispaniola.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #30
chattanova

Unprecedented Hail Storm in Bogota, Columbia;
Over 800,000 Flooded from Homes In Tabasco State of Mexico.

Colombia has had one of the worst rainy seasons on record,
with 13 dead and thousands left homeless, landslides in 61 municipalities
and flooding in northern cities. Bogota had a freak hailstorm November 4, 2007,
and crews were wading in waist-deep ice to help clear roads.

With lands saturated by water from heavy rains this summer into fall, the past several days in the Mexico state of Tabasco, more than 800,000 people have been forced to evacuate after massive flooding. Authorities are calling it, “The worst natural disaster for decades.” So far, only five people have been killed directly by the floods (1 in Tabasco, 4 in Chiapas), but the next serious danger is disease spreading from the contaminated flood waters.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #31
chattanova

Indonesia Volcano On Verge Of Huge Eruption?

Thousands flee volcano with a deadly history

Quote:
MOUNT KELUD A villager rides his motorcycle through flood waters near Mount Kelud, a volcano in Indonesia that scientists say is on the verge of a devastating eruption.

A series of volcanoes in the country spewed hot ash, molten rock and clouds of dark smoke yesterday, but it was Kelud, on the densely populated island of Java, that was most threatening.

A dome of magma was forming under a crater lake and soaring temperatures overheated monitoring equipment.

A few hundred kilometres away Anak Krakatao, or “Child of Krakatoa”, fired pumice and lava on to its slopes. At least one of approximately 100 other active volcanoes in Indonesia sent bursts of ash showering down on villages.

Experts said that there was no connection between the heightened activity at the volcanoes along the archipelago.

Kelud was the most worrying because of its deadly history, including an explosion in 1919 that killed more than 5,000 people.

Several thousand have fled to government shelters, authorities said, but about 25,000 have ignored evacuation orders and remain in the danger zone around the volcano. (AP)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2813820.ece

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #32
chattanova

Yellowstone Is Rising on Swollen "Supervolcano"

Grand Prismatic Spring is one of Yellowstone National Park's many hot springs and geysers fueled by underground thermal energy. A new study has found that Yellowstone is rising faster than has ever been measured before, due to an influx of magma several miles beneath the surface.

Quote:
Yellowstone National Park is rising. Its central region, called the Yellowstone caldera, has been moving upward since mid-2004 at a rate of up to three inches (seven centimeters) a year—more than three times faster than has ever been measured.

The surface is inflating like a bellows due to an infusion of magma about 6 miles (10 kilometers) underground, according to a new study published in tomorrow's issue of the journal Science.

But that doesn't mean Yellowstone is about to go the way of Mount St. Helens.

"There's no evidence of an imminent eruption or hydrothermal explosion," said Robert Smith, a geophysics professor at the University of Utah who co-authored the study.

"Supervolcano" Under Yellowstone

Yellowstone is situated on a giant, geologically active feature known as a supervolcano.

"It's hundreds of times bigger than Mount St. Helens," Smith said, referring to the active volcano in Washington State.

(Read related story: "Supervolcano Raises Yellowstone, Fuels Geysers, Study Says" [March 1, 2006].)

Much of the park sits in a caldera, or crater, some 40 miles (70 kilometers) across, which formed when the cone of the massive volcano collapsed in a titanic eruption 640,000 years ago.

The supervolcano has produced three similarly large blasts in the past two million years, with 30 smaller eruptions since the caldera formed.

The volcano's most recent flare-up was 70,000 years ago, and volcanic heat continues to fuel the park's famous geysers and hot springs.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...llowstone.html

Old 09-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #33
infinitely free

Quote:
Very interesting map.
See where it's happening different crisis around the globe.

Right now theres extremely many 'volcano threats' !

http://visz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index.php?smp=&lang=eng
Very interesting chattanova!
I havent got flash, so i cant actually see map
Old 18-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #34
chattanova

Cyclone leaves thousands dead, millions homeless in Bangladesh

A couple clears the debris of their collapsed house in Bagherhat, Bangladesh. Thousands of people are believed to have died and millions are homeless and destitute after the worst cyclone in years tore through impoverished Bangladesh.

Quote:
BARGUNA, Bangladesh (AFP) - Thousands of people are believed dead and millions are homeless and destitute after the worst cyclone in years tore through impoverished Bangladesh, officials said Saturday.

More than 1,723 people were confirmed to have died and the number was rising by the hour as soldiers and relief workers battled to reach the worst-hit coastal districts that were smashed late Thursday as cyclone Sidr roared in from the Bay of Bengal.

"We are expecting that thousands of dead bodies may be found within a few days," the deputy head of the government's disaster management office, Shekhar Chandra Das, told AFP in the capital Dhaka.

"We have not been able to collect information about casualties in many remote and impassable places due to the disruption to communications," he said.

In most areas telephone lines are down and roads blocked. Countless villages have also been blown from the face of the earth.

"The number of deaths so far is 1,723 and it is increasing," said major Emdadul Islam of the armed forces control room.

In one village, residents told AFP more than 100 people had died when the area was engulfed by a tidal surge pulled in by the colossal storm.

"A 20-foot (six-metre) wall of water wrecked the village of Charkhali and 30 more people are still missing," said local government official K.M. Abdul Wadud.

"The wind and the tidal surge were so strong that it churned up four kilometres (2.5 miles) of a tarmac road," added resident Anowar Hossen Khan.

The dead were being buried in a mass grave, villagers said.

Millions more were also said to be homeless.

"Village after village has been shattered," said administrator Hariprasad Pal. "Millions of people are living out in the open and relief is reaching less than one percent of the people."

Residents in southern districts near the coast bore the full brunt of the storm and told AFP of their terror as they were hit by wind speeds of up to 240 kilometres (155 miles) an hour, huge waves and suffocating rain.

Fulmala Begum, 40, said she was not warned to evacuate and had to take refuge under a bed with her husband and two children as the storm roared around her.

"Five hours later we found ourselves under a heap of tin roofs and two huge trees. Not a single house in my village was spared the catastrophe," said the woman, lucky to be alive but totally destitute.

"I have never seen such a terrible scene. It was like hell. I saw dozens of tin roofs flying into the air. Whole houses too," added local businessman Manik Roy, 50.

A district official said disaster-prone Bangladesh has suffered another "great human tragedy," adding that in Jhalokati district, 140 kilometres south of the capital Dhaka, every one of its 554 villages had been hit.

Jhalokati and the coastal district of Barguna, further to the south and on the edge of the vast Sunderbans mangrove forest -- the natural habitat of the endangered Royal Bengal tiger -- were among the worst affected areas.

"All the tin-built houses were blown away. Every household in the district has been affected," said deputy commissioner K.M. Rahatul Islam.

Experts described Sidr as similar in strength to the 1991 storm that triggered a tidal wave, killing an estimated 138,000 people. Another cyclone in 1970 killed up to half a million people.

But officials remained optimistic that this time the death toll -- while still high -- would be nowhere near that of previous disasters because of a network of cyclone shelters and an early-warning and evacuation system.

"If we had not taken people to the cyclone shelters, tens of thousands of people would have been killed," added Islam.

According to the government, 1.5 million people took refuge in shelters and other buildings as Sidr raced north towards the capital Dhaka before petering out in the northeast of the country.

Most of the deaths were caused by flying debris. Many people were also killed by trees falling onto homes made from bamboo and tin -- all that most people can afford in one of the world's poorest countries.

The navy has sent ships to affected areas with supplies of food, medicine and relief materials, officials said. Army helicopters were also carrying out air drops.

The European Commission, Britain, Germany and the United States expressed sympathy for the victims and pledged immediate support for the relief effort.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071117...gladeshcyclone

Old 18-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #35
chattanova

Cyclone Sidr's deadly trail

Old 18-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #36
chattanova

Strong earthquake shakes northern Chile, kills at least two

View of a car crushed by the cornice of a hotel in Tocopilla, Antofagasta, after an earthquake shook Chile, 1,600 kilometers (1,000 miles) north of Santiago. A strong earthquake measuring 7.7 rocked arid northern Chile Wednesday, killing at least two people, injuring others, sparking panic and causing power outages.(AFP/Jose Munoz)

Quote:
SANTIAGO (AFP) - A strong earthquake measuring 7.7 rocked arid northern Chile Wednesday, killing at least two people, injuring others, sparking panic and causing power outages.

Authorities said two women, one aged 88 and the other 54 died when they were crushed under collapsing walls in the city of Tocopilla, 1,600 kilometers (1,000 miles) north of Santiago, doctors said.

Local authorities said at least 45 people were injured, but media reports put the figure at about 100.

"It is a major quake," Fernandez said of the temblor that struck at 12:43 pm (1543 GMT.)

The epicenter was located 1,260 kilometers (783 miles) north of the Chilean capital Santiago. It was felt as far away as Bolivia's capital, La Paz, high in the Andes to the northeast.

Images from Chile's TVN television showed cars crushed by debris, and frightened people running onto the streets as the quake struck.

Damage was also reported in the northern cities of Calama and Arica which lost electrical power.

The government said a plane loaded with humanitarian aid was scheduled to fly to the affected area later in the day.

The US Geological Survey said the quake measured 7.7 on the moment magnitude scale,

which measures the amount of movement on the underground fault and the area of the fault that ruptured. Many seismologists now use that system rather than the Richter scale that measures an earthquake size based upon the amount of ground shaking.

A measurement of seven indicates a major quake and eight a great quake.

Authorities initially warned the quake could cause a tsunami but later lifted the warning, saying the epicenter was too far from the Pacific coast.

Meanwhile separate earthquakes also hit Argentina and Central America on Wednesday.

An earthquake, which US geologists measured at magnitude 5.3, rocked Guatemala and neighboring El Salvador, with no reports of casualties.

That quake was not related to the one in Chile, the United States Geological Survey said.

"There's no link between the ones in Guatemala and Chile other than they're occurring in the Pacific rim region," John Bellini, a geophysicist at the USGS, told AFP. "They're not related. Nothing triggered the other or anything like that."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071114/ts_afp/chilequake

Old 18-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #37
chattanova

Raw home video of Chile earthquake Nov 14/07

Old 25-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #38
chattanova

Weather disasters 'getting worse'

Quote:
The number of weather-related disasters has quadrupled over the past 20 years and the world should do more to prepare for them, the aid agency Oxfam says.

Population increases mean more people are affected when catastrophic weather events take place, it says in a report.

Global warming is to blame for the growing number of weather disasters, Oxfam adds.

An average of 500 such disasters are now taking place each year, compared to 120 in the 1980s, the report says.

The number of floods has increased six-fold over the same period.

Small disasters ignored

The agency expresses particular concern about the increase in small and medium-sized weather events, which it says affect great numbers of people, but do not attract as much international aid as large, well-publicised natural disasters.

The report argues that climate change is responsible for the growing number of weather-related disasters - more intense rain, combined with frequent droughts, make damaging floods much more likely.

The increasing number of weather events has been accompanied by large global population increases, and Oxfam says this means more people are being forced to live in areas which are vulnerable to the effects of the weather changes.

"They're going to forests, to jungles, to mountains... but these are just the very places that have been more affected by intense rain... and that in turn actually increases the displacement... so you get this spiral downwards of vulnerability and destitution," says Oxfam's John McGrath.

Unless the global aid community begins preparing for the future growth in weather-events, Oxfam warns, its ability to respond to natural disasters will be overwhelmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7111623.stm

Old 25-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #39
chattanova

Malibu Wildfire Destroys Dozens High-Priced Homes

Quote:
MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - A wildfire driven by the dry, seasonal Santa Ana wind destroyed dozens of expensive homes as it raced through the canyons and hills above Malibu on Saturday, forcing hundreds of residents to flee.

No injuries were reported.

The blaze, feeding on brush and trees, began shortly before 3:30 a.m. PST near Malibu Lake on state park land and had charred roughly 2,200 acres by late morning, said Los Angeles County fire Capt. Mike Brown.

Fire officials estimated about 35 homes were destroyed but the exact number wasn't known. TV images showed flames consuming large homes in the area of expensive real estate. One home believed to be lost was valued at more than $2 million.

The cause of the fire had not been determined. About 500 firefighters were at work on the blaze, aided by 10 water-dropping helicopters, but had not contained any part of it by midmorning. "We're at the mercy of the winds right now," Brown said.

An enormous wall of smoke rose up over the hills and canyons. The blaze was blowing downhill toward the Pacific Ocean. It jumped the Pacific Coast Highway, the main thoroughfare along the coast, spreading small spot fires.

Roughly 500 homes in three separate communities were evacuated and residents were told to gather at a local high school.

Meredith Lobel-Angel, 51, and her husband Frank Angel, 54, said they had 15 minutes to leave their split-level home and managed to take little other than some clothes and their laptops.

"I ran out on the deck and I just saw a little fire and smoke up the canyon on the ridge (about a mile away)," Frank Angel said. "By the time we evacuated it was already over the ridge. It spread faster than I've ever seen it."

Carol Stoddard, 48, was told by firefighters that her home was probably gone. The 3,500 square-foot, seven-level home was worth $2 million. Stoddard, a freelance videographer and photographer, captured some of the fire's destruction as trees beside her home and her collection of 12 uninsured cars burned.

"I stayed there until I couldn't breathe and the embers were flying everywhere," she said. "It was dark and I was standing around my house. I couldn't see. I couldn't grab enough stuff that was of importance like my passport."

Officials at Pepperdine University told their students to move to a campus shelter as a precaution. However, the university was largely empty because of the holiday weekend.

"Prior to the Thanksgiving holiday I was told the weather conditions was Santa Ana winds and we all know what that means," said university spokesman Jerry Derloshon.

Hundreds of firefighters had been placed on watch for the weekend as the Santa Ana wind returned to Southern California. Gusts up to 60 mph were reported in some mountain passes during the night.

Saturday's blaze was less than a mile from the area of last month's 4,565-acre Canyon Fire, which destroyed six homes, two businesses and a church. That fire, blamed on downed power lines, also began during the early morning and forced dozens of people to flee.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071124/D8T48EI00.html

Old 26-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #40
chattanova

Malibu Fire 40% Contained, Has Burned 51 Homes and Damaged 27 Others

Home of Red Hot Chili Peppers base player, Flea, "burned to a crisp."