Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 12-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #41
thomascovenant

Limelady, I do appreciate a friendly shove but you need to understand a coupla things about me.

1.I have no means of recording.
2.I cant put out "ordinary" music, the world is drowning in the stuff and most of it is awful.I have to be the best that I can be.Example. I`ve been drawing and painting since I was 7, you think anybody sees my work?No chance, because its not good enough.If someone heard me play and said "that was ok", I`d be gutted.I can be better than that.
3.I said I`ve been playing, I didn`t say I was good.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #42
soglad

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelady View Post
Wow, you guys have been busy uploading your tunes!!!

O.K. still listening to some of it, but so far......

bigus dickus Hey, you're a sly one....you've been keeping quiet about your hidden talents! Most impressed!
Well done matey....way cooll!!!

thomascovenant Hmmmm...if you've been playing guitar for 19 years, don't you think its about time you came out of the closet? BTW....I had
a listen to the guitar dude in the youtube link in your sig, and I agree...he's fantastic!

soglad Yea....some good old fashioned rock!! I'm SO glad you decided to share those files with us!! Yeah....dodgy mike in "Money" I agree (would have been good to hear your voice) but still sounded good!! Some nice lead guitar fella!! OMFG...Sultans Of Swing is not a song MOST lead guitarists I know would be prepared to take on!!! You did a great version! Onya!!
LOVED your Cream song Crossroads also....nothing like a bit of old-fashioned thrashy leady guitar!! Man you're a clever chicken! BTW...you play the Dr. Phil theme better than the original band!! I bet you use that as your break music huh??? Good luck to you and the High Kings!!!

Still listening...will post more comments later!

So chuffed you're using this thread guys

Thanks! We sound a lot better when you're actually in front of us because you can hear everything. The drums don't sound ringy, you can hear me sing. But not a bad attempt with one mic in the middle of a room and a laptop!

We plan to record them a little more professional and record our own songs.

I had a recording of myself playing Surfing With The Alien by Joe Satriani that was baddass but I lost it.

Looks like my fret-wankery will have to wait another day!
soglad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #43
bigus_dickus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikmata View Post
the fundamental: dope scratches!!!!..... loop is super sick too... both ones are as dope as anything on our album (hook us up w/ some production)... yea man... this is my shit. My only criticism is that the slow/(Allan Watt?) part should be a different entity from the first 3:20 of the song... just too differnt/long... JMO though.
thanks bro and everyone else for your words. i can't listen to your stuff right now because i am at work, but i will later. i wish i can hook you up with production, but i put out like 10 albums a year and i produce and dj for many friends and a lot of groups as well and we do lots of gigs, all money free, so i would really have to squeeze my schedule, but if you need cuts or anything asap, contact me and i'll hook you up, the cuts is the easy part!
bigus_dickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #44
21_12_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikmata View Post
wake up: lovin the Icke samples and their arrangement/efx... the beat is solid too... but where is the deep end? Seriously lacking on some sub-woofer type bass. Diggin the breakdown at around the 3.5 mark... but the track drags a bit from that point. (My group and I are guility of having overly long songs... but it seems like people don't have the attention span for 4+min songs these days). I'm defiantly diggin it.
oops...i actually left the sub bass channel muted when i mixed it down for the mp3, and didn't notice coz i was listening on my pc speakers..thanks for pointing it out...it's back in now

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bypxz5 (with bass this time!)

Last edited by limelady; 25-07-2007 at 01:16 AM. Reason: changed link
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #45
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Its amazing what a Moderator can do in his lunch-break huh?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/owvayr

I'll drink to that my friend!

well took a little more than a lunch brake, got fed up of hearing it and had to leave it for a while... then finished it

thanks for putting it up.. was gona put some studff up but its kind of all work in progress so it stops me from sending much out....

my new band line up is kicking arse, had our first jam today and it sounds really tight.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #46
garth

wow guys..have just made myself a Forum playlist..you guys kick arse..seriously..cool shit
Old 13-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #47
garth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
well took a little more than a lunch brake, got fed up of hearing it and had to leave it for a while... then finished it

thanks for putting it up.. was gona put some studff up but its kind of all work in progress so it stops me from sending much out....

my new band line up is kicking arse, had our first jam today and it sounds really tight.
hey thirdwave..love your track..it totally rocks...has made #1 on Garths top ten.
To quote one of out own (Father Ted) MORE PLEASE!
Old 13-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #48
father ted
Inactive

You have to say it like this:

more please

,like that.
father ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #49
lookfar

Hey have to ditto you there garth - this stuff is absolutely brilliant you guys -you totally ROCK!!

TW honey, you're track is No 1 on my list too, was playing it over & over yesterday - WOW!!! I just love your voice *swoon*. Good luck with the new band eh & we so need to hear some more... keep it coming!!!
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/ http://www.waykiwayki.com/
Dolphins playing in bubble rings
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #50
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

thanks for the compliments.... I will defo send some more, the feed back is cool...

and if Icke needs any music for anything then if your listening Mr Icke give me a shout
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #51
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Me and my guitars.

http://www.myspace.com/futureguitar
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #52
narcolepticwatchman

Me and another member of this forum, Crowd Control, and our embryonic band idea Oxygen Thief

www.myspace.com/intotheredzone
narcolepticwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #53
limelady
Inactive

Some great "jam" stuff there eternal_spirit!!!

narcolepticwatchman ....some heart pumping sounds there!!!!

There'll soon be something for everyone's taste on this thread

limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #54
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Quote:
Some great "jam" stuff there eternal_spirit!!!

narcolepticwatchman ....some heart pumping sounds there!!!!

There'll soon be something for everyone's taste on this thread

Jam ( to improvise based on knowledge of musical, scales, key changes, chords and rythms. Sometimes resulting in an agreeable sounding form of music. With the hope of creating something that sounds like nothing else but sometimes with a pre concieved plan, formula and style of sound in mind. Basically we just pick up a guitar, play it and record it in a jam. I could go on and talk more but music is for listening to. Go listen lol. You'll not hear anything like this anywhere.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #55
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Guys- im listening to all your stuff now- so many talented people here- im so jealous wish i could play something (except the guitar-badly!!) - im in awe of you all!!
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #56
soglad

Here's a song I wrote one night AGES ago. It was about 5 in the morning and forced myself to write SOMETHING, kinda melodic/rock, quite rough:

http://media.putfile.com/Pale-Blue-Song-Idea

Last edited by soglad; 14-07-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 14-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #57
soglad

Ah! I forgot all about these. These were done by me possibly 1 1/2 ago. Getting some good psychedelia going on!

Me and my mate jamming some craziness at my house:

http://media.putfile.com/Odyssey-60

Me messing with my acoustic and mic, again, madness:

http://media.putfile.com/Left-Of-Io

Me playing around with my electric guitar's whammy bar, again, prolonged listening may induce madness:

http://media.putfile.com/Aldebaran-52
Old 14-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #58
soglad

And last, but not least, me playing Led Zeppelin's Rock & Roll!

http://media.putfile.com/Rock-and-Ro...Zeppelin-Cover
Old 14-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #59
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Love Led Zeppelin!!! reminds me of my holiday to cornwall- we played it alot!!

i shall start downloading now soglad!!
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #60
soglad

Ah! Here's an idea!

Anybody who wants to hear me play any classic rock covers just say so and I'll record myself! There better be lots of solos!

I have a vocal mic too which I could sing over them, but I'm shy