Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default My new band.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-541093319/dragon


This is a rehearsal tape of one of my new bands songs.
Dragon.
It’s about chasing rabbits down their holes.

Not finished yet.
But it’s worth sharing.



spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
ronisron
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,108
Likes: 2,829 (1,316 Posts)
Default



That was fantastic. I'm a sucker for that straight guitar rock n roll, nice little lead break, and I love hearing songs in their formative stages. It sounds like a lot of fun. And honestly, much better than I thought it would be, without really knowing what to expect.
Likes: (1)
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
Andy_Mann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 149
Likes: 135 (72 Posts)
Default

Sweet!
I need to get into a band, it's about time I did, this year could be the year, thanks for the inspiration!
Likes: (1)
Andy_Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
berten60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,495
Likes: 493 (313 Posts)
Default

Is that you singing,Spock?
Likes: (1)
berten60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #5
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronisron View Post


That was fantastic. I'm a sucker for that straight guitar rock n roll, nice little lead break, and I love hearing songs in their formative stages. It sounds like a lot of fun. And honestly, much better than I thought it would be, without really knowing what to expect.

Nice one Ron.
That means a lot Brother.
Likes: (1)
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:11 AM   #6
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten60 View Post
Is that you singing,Spock?

No mate. I’m the drummer.
I do backing vocals.
But had stopped singing as I had a torn retina after I crashed my van.
I’ll have to stick them on the next version.


I got a new set of tom mics for chrimbo.
And we got a few other bits and bobs sorted over the holiday.
Headphone amps. Ear buds. New reverb and compression whatsits.
So we’re all looking forward to starting rehearsals again tomorrow.



My mate who is singing was shot a few years back.
7 times point blank by trick or treaters.
But the fucker refused to die.
So we agreed we’d start a band.
Once he came out of the coma.

I’ve known him nearly 30 years. Love him to bits.
And we’ve been meaning to get together for that long.
But I was in other bands. Got married. All that one.

But when my last band disintegrated.
I went to vulcan with my Bass man.
Just to jam with a mate I’d been promising for years.
And the band just clicked together.
We done dragon almost that good from the off.
My mate brought his other mate. Who could apparently play guitar.
We all thought it was just going to be a social thing.
Turns out that His mate was really amazing.
And they had loads of songs.


Gigs soon.



Can’t wait.

Last edited by spock; 08-01-2018 at 01:24 AM.
Likes: (3)
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:16 AM   #7
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Mann View Post
Sweet!
I need to get into a band, it's about time I did, this year could be the year, thanks for the inspiration!
Do it Mann, man.


You won’t regret it.
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:14 AM   #8
davebeard
Senior Member
 
davebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,022
Likes: 575 (350 Posts)
Default

jolly good!!
__________________
Fight
Likes: (1)
davebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #9
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Nice one Dave.
Likes: (1)
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #10
ronisron
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,108
Likes: 2,829 (1,316 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
No mate. I’m the drummer.
I do backing vocals.
But had stopped singing as I had a torn retina after I crashed my van.
I’ll have to stick them on the next version.


I got a new set of tom mics for chrimbo.
And we got a few other bits and bobs sorted over the holiday.
Headphone amps. Ear buds. New reverb and compression whatsits.
So we’re all looking forward to starting rehearsals again tomorrow.



My mate who is singing was shot a few years back.
7 times point blank by trick or treaters.
But the fucker refused to die.
So we agreed we’d start a band.
Once he came out of the coma.

I’ve known him nearly 30 years. Love him to bits.
And we’ve been meaning to get together for that long.
But I was in other bands. Got married. All that one.


But when my last band disintegrated.
I went to vulcan with my Bass man.
Just to jam with a mate I’d been promising for years.
And the band just clicked together.
We done dragon almost that good from the off.
My mate brought his other mate. Who could apparently play guitar.
We all thought it was just going to be a social thing.
Turns out that His mate was really amazing.
And they had loads of songs.


Gigs soon.



Can’t wait.
What a story... before Xmas, I saw a buddy of mine I've known for 35 years, we started in bands together, tried the biz all that, and he still gigs in Vancouver with some of the same people.... I have a massive soft spot for what I call the "lifers", you sir, are a lifer as well. Those guys who just don't let it go, bless you.

I meant what I said about the tune. You guys are "seasoned" and that's why it sounds like it does. That's fate man, you should be creating together, no matter what happens. Excellent story, glad to see your friend pulled through, it just wasn't his time.
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:47 AM   #11
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronisron View Post
What a story... before Xmas, I saw a buddy of mine I've known for 35 years, we started in bands together, tried the biz all that, and he still gigs in Vancouver with some of the same people.... I have a massive soft spot for what I call the "lifers", you sir, are a lifer as well. Those guys who just don't let it go, bless you.

I meant what I said about the tune. You guys are "seasoned" and that's why it sounds like it does. That's fate man, you should be creating together, no matter what happens. Excellent story, glad to see your friend pulled through, it just wasn't his time.
Nice one Ron.


Yes. It’s mad the way things work out.
Things just come together sometimes.
But yes. It’s a crazy story Ron. Like a movie or something.
I remember the day I got the call that he was in the hospital.
And still tear up to this day thinking about it.

He sang Bob Dylan to the paramedic in the ambulance.
Who was on her first day on the job!!!
Turned up to find out mate leaking like a feckin sieve.
Which leak do you stop first?

As he’s turned away from the shooter.
A bullet hit him right behind the ear.
Flattened and then slid under his eye brow.
Was there for months after.
But that was the very least of his worries.
He had a lot of internal damage.
Took a few in the guts and the groin.
And still has a few problems with scar tissue inside.

The doctors said he’d never use his arm again.
He lost a few inches of bone from his upper arm.
It wasn’t looking good. Nerve and tendon damage.
They said he’d never play the guitar again.
They said he may never walk again too.
Never mind the arm. Or the guitar.

Ah well. He proved them all wrong.


I had an op for carpal tunnel once.
I’d nearly lost an arm in a horrific wanking incident back in the late 90’s.
I said “Doc. Will I be able to play the drums after the operation?”
He said “I’m a surgeon lad. Not a feckin magician!
If you want to play drums you’ll have to learn like everyone else”

Well. I think my mate got the magician that day in theatre.
And a little help from the big man upstairs.
He said he sat with some angels for a week or two.
Who kept him calm until he could come back into physicality.
They told him he was coming back to finish off what it was he had to do.
And not to worry. Everything was going to be fine.







Before they let him come back he asked the angel.

“Just what is it that I have come back to do?”

“Whatever it is you want to do?” She replied.



Then he woke up in total agony.
Likes: (1)
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
ronisron
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,108
Likes: 2,829 (1,316 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Nice one Ron.


Yes. It’s mad the way things work out.
Things just come together sometimes.
But yes. It’s a crazy story Ron. Like a movie or something.
I remember the day I got the call that he was in the hospital.
And still tear up to this day thinking about it.

He sang Bob Dylan to the paramedic in the ambulance.
Who was on her first day on the job!!!
Turned up to find out mate leaking like a feckin sieve.
Which leak do you stop first?

As he’s turned away from the shooter.
A bullet hit him right behind the ear.
Flattened and then slid under his eye brow.
Was there for months after.
But that was the very least of his worries.
He had a lot of internal damage.
Took a few in the guts and the groin.
And still has a few problems with scar tissue inside.

The doctors said he’d never use his arm again.
He lost a few inches of bone from his upper arm.
It wasn’t looking good. Nerve and tendon damage.
They said he’d never play the guitar again.
They said he may never walk again too.
Never mind the arm. Or the guitar.

Ah well. He proved them all wrong.


I had an op for carpal tunnel once.
I’d nearly lost an arm in a horrific wanking incident back in the late 90’s.
I said “Doc. Will I be able to play the drums after the operation?”
He said “I’m a surgeon lad. Not a feckin magician!
If you want to play drums you’ll have to learn like everyone else”

Well. I think my mate got the magician that day in theatre.
And a little help from the big man upstairs.
He said he sat with some angels for a week or two.
Who kept him calm until he could come back into physicality.
They told him he was coming back to finish off what it was he had to do.
And not to worry. Everything was going to be fine.







Before they let him come back he asked the angel.

“Just what is it that I have come back to do?”

“Whatever it is you want to do?” She replied.



Then he woke up in total agony.
Life is so much more interesting than any god damn film or book, isn't it? Nothing beats this experience ultimately, NOTHING. What a story!

Yes, your friend was not meant to go, and was meant to be tested most aggressively for whatever reasons.... that's for him. And that's life in kind of a nutshell.

I almost died at 15 of an overdose. Many cardinal rules were broken by very young friends and because of it I am here. A 14 and 15 year old literally dragged me almost 2 miles while I was unconscious. They planned to take me to a friend's house to sleep. When I got there, the 16 year old said "He looks like he's dying...." and in a panic called my house. No one was there but my sister who was just heading out to pick up my brother, but she decided to answer the phone. She rushed me to a hospital and they said in 10 minutes they would not have been able to do anything. I was in a coma, my extremities were turning blue as were my lips.... and I made it by a thread.

Even then for some reason, I never thought of "I almost died.... " all drama style, it was "A lot of things happened and I'm still alive." My liver recovered in a few weeks, and to this day I have problems with circulation in my hands and feet.

I used to be in bands, had my eye on the prize, was good at what I did, but found out early that being pretty has it's advantages in some ways, but it makes you a target for idiots. I've never had more opportunities for sex with men than when I was trying to get into the music business. It wasn't for me.

This is the last band I was in, 1995, we were going to make an album, things going a certain way.... and I lost the desire to do it in that capacity. I was a little bit wrecked at this one, very unprofessional and unfortunately that's the way it went. Good show nonetheless. I posted this on here before, more like a "Check this out, it's young Ron" than promoting it. I'm the singer.



BTW, when the girls with the nice bums are dancing....
Likes: (3)
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
solowrist
Senior Member
 
solowrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 538
Likes: 223 (138 Posts)
Default

Oozed into my lugholes like warm olive oil.


Break a leg in all that you do.
Likes: (1)
solowrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 02:10 AM   #14
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronisron View Post
Life is so much more interesting than any god damn film or book, isn't it? Nothing beats this experience ultimately, NOTHING. What a story!

Yes, your friend was not meant to go, and was meant to be tested most aggressively for whatever reasons.... that's for him. And that's life in kind of a nutshell.

I almost died at 15 of an overdose. Many cardinal rules were broken by very young friends and because of it I am here. A 14 and 15 year old literally dragged me almost 2 miles while I was unconscious. They planned to take me to a friend's house to sleep. When I got there, the 16 year old said "He looks like he's dying...." and in a panic called my house. No one was there but my sister who was just heading out to pick up my brother, but she decided to answer the phone. She rushed me to a hospital and they said in 10 minutes they would not have been able to do anything. I was in a coma, my extremities were turning blue as were my lips.... and I made it by a thread.

Even then for some reason, I never thought of "I almost died.... " all drama style, it was "A lot of things happened and I'm still alive." My liver recovered in a few weeks, and to this day I have problems with circulation in my hands and feet.

I used to be in bands, had my eye on the prize, was good at what I did, but found out early that being pretty has it's advantages in some ways, but it makes you a target for idiots. I've never had more opportunities for sex with men than when I was trying to get into the music business. It wasn't for me.

This is the last band I was in, 1995, we were going to make an album, things going a certain way.... and I lost the desire to do it in that capacity. I was a little bit wrecked at this one, very unprofessional and unfortunately that's the way it went. Good show nonetheless. I posted this on here before, more like a "Check this out, it's young Ron" than promoting it. I'm the singer.



BTW, when the girls with the nice bums are dancing....


Boss that Ron.
Seriously good rock voice dude.

Well. I’m glad you made it to tell the tale brother.
That was a narrow escape that.

Love the big hair tho mate.
I had large hair in the 90’s.
Unfortunately, I’ve got a large hole in the back of my hair now.
The front fell off an all.
But there is still a tiny bit in the middle.


That was great, Ron.
The young Ron Rocked.

I think our bands 90’s gigs would have pretty much been a bunch of drunken Coke heads.
Caused a lot of problems that kind of thing.
But that was what it was like. It seemed like 24/7 parties.
Drink and drugs certainly didn’t help physically or mentally.
I fell apart physically after all that. Injuries etc.


Now it’s just tea.


Yeah. Success?
Well. I’m still here. Playing.
I’ve survived. Up until now.
That’s Success to me.
I outlived Bonham and moon.
Even if my hair didn’t.


What do you define as success now all we’re well into our 40’s?


Having a decent tape. … er. … digitally encoded permantisation of a musical occurance?
I just want to be able to make music that I’m happy with.
With people that I like.
And have a good quality copy to share with people.
Maybe do a few gigs.


I’ve made myself a snare drum out of mahogany and oak.
And this year I’m going to make a bass and a couple of guitars.
So doing all that as one continuous musically connected something.
Creating instruments and music.
To do a gig with everyone playing my instruments. Would be a success.
I can make anything but money.
So I stopped chasing it.

I’m lucky I can still play.
Lucky my mates are still here to jam with.
Lucky I still have hands to make stuff with.




Life is mad as fuck.
This is just the next chapter.

Last edited by spock; 14-01-2018 at 02:28 AM.
Likes: (3)
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #15
ronisron
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,108
Likes: 2,829 (1,316 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Boss that Ron.
Seriously good rock voice dude.

Well. I’m glad you made it to tell the tale brother.
That was a narrow escape that.

Love the big hair tho mate.
I had large hair in the 90’s.
Unfortunately, I’ve got a large hole in the back of my hair now.
The front fell off an all.
But there is still a tiny bit in the middle.


That was great, Ron.
The young Ron Rocked.

I think our bands 90’s gigs would have pretty much been a bunch of drunken Coke heads.
Caused a lot of problems that kind of thing.
But that was what it was like. It seemed like 24/7 parties.
Drink and drugs certainly didn’t help physically or mentally.
I fell apart physically after all that. Injuries etc.


Now it’s just tea.



Yeah. Success?
Well. I’m still here. Playing.
I’ve survived. Up until now.
That’s Success to me.
I outlived Bonham and moon.
Even if my hair didn’t.


What do you define as success now all we’re well into our 40’s?


Having a decent tape. … er. … digitally encoded permantisation of a musical occurance?
I just want to be able to make music that I’m happy with.
With people that I like.
And have a good quality copy to share with people.
Maybe do a few gigs.


I’ve made myself a snare drum out of mahogany and oak.
And this year I’m going to make a bass and a couple of guitars.
So doing all that as one continuous musically connected something.
Creating instruments and music.
To do a gig with everyone playing my instruments. Would be a success.
I can make anything but money.
So I stopped chasing it. :

I’m lucky I can still play.
Lucky my mates are still here to jam with.
Lucky I still have hands to make stuff with.




Life is mad as fuck.
This is just the next chapter.
All of my heroes were junkies, or pretended to be, and all name dropped Crowley.... Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates considered himself a Thelemite FFS! Ya know? What can you do. I wasn't aware that the industry was run by the same people who profit from the sales of hard drugs then, and that it was in their best interest to convince us that heroin and coke were cool things to do -- dangerous and cool. Keith Richards is probably more responsible for people experimenting with heroin than anyone outside of the medical profession. One of the best salesman they had. And you with Bonham and Moon? ..... GREAT role models... But both guys were great at what they did.

But you grow up. I still like making music, but there's no pressure to do it and hasn't been for years. There was a time I almost had to write music because I was inspired to write. I love it because it is magic, and it's beautiful. they engineer music now to directly pull on emotions like depression, sadness, anger... then they have music that is straight sexual, and music that will make you feel exuberant. They just have to fuck with everything....

I like your song too, because it's pure. It's right there. Can't wait to hear the finished, though it will just be a "shinier" version of the above.

The original I posted above, I once heard the demo of it on the radio station in Vancouver, we sent it to the DJ we knew, hoped he would play it to hype our gig that night. I heard it in between Alice In Chains "Would" and a Canadian group called Moist with their uber depressing song "Push", and it just seemed so positive in the midst of that misery. These are the lyrics;

Tomorrow Comes

When it's late
In the evening
And I'm feeling so tired
I can't relate -
In fact, I'm barely breathing
My day has just expired

Just let me sleep on it
I'll give you an answer in the morning
Come the light of day
Just let me sleep,
I'll let my mind wander.....

Until Tomorrow...

No no, really,
I am serious
This truth can only set you free
I see it clearly
Inside of the subconscious
There's everything that I need

So just let me sleep on it
I'll give you the answer in the morning
Come the light of day
Just let me sleep
I'll let my mind wander

Until Tomorrow Comes
I'll let my dreams carry me
Until Tomorrow Comes
And it WILL come
I'll let my dreams......

I dream in color....
I know of no other

Etc.


I thought it was really positive -- Tomorrow Comes, there's another day. It is what it is, I could have been living off the royalties for all I know.



But my sphincter and self respect are both intact, so that's a bonus, eh?

Keep rocking, and keep creating. Drummer eh? Bless you man, your "breed" are unique. Two jokes...

"What do musicians who can't play an instrument do? Play drums."

And "I couldn't even spell drummer before.... now, I are one."

Likes: (3)
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #16
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

What do you call someone who hangs round with groups of musicians?



The drummer.







Boss that Ron.
Great to chat and share some stories mate.
Will post more when they happen.

Boss lyrics too.
I know what you mean about misery.
Some of our stuff is Blues. So contains some misery.
But with humour.
And of course. None misery filled songs.


The album may be called “cycles of mania”
I want two bikes on a wall of death.
One happy.
One sad.

Hopefully it will progress through to happiness.
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #17
fudgetusk
Senior Member
 
fudgetusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,236
Likes: 904 (632 Posts)
Default

Not a bad song. I would have said you were professionals.
__________________
https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=317483

The connection between Icke and 9/11
Likes: (1)
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 02:00 AM   #18
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Not a bad song. I would have said you were professionals.
Thanks very much mate.


We only meet once a week in Vulcan.
And it’s a one take job.
All live. No extra tracks.

The bass player does have a nice desk like.
But we’re deffo amateurs.
I’ve only ever been paid in beer. Sometimes tea.
And it always costs more that it makes.
But such is the way of it.
I’m not in it for the money anyway.
Which is just as well.


Thanks for the kind words.
As long as people enjoy it. That’s payment enough.

Last edited by spock; 21-01-2018 at 02:08 AM.
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #19
spock
Senior Member
 
spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vulcan
Posts: 2,572
Likes: 365 (257 Posts)
Default

Well.
That band didn’t work out.
The lad who sang on that track, left last week.

But we’re still together as a 3 piece.
Lead guitar, bass and drums.
The guitarist was the main singer anyway.
So expect some more tracks in the coming weeks.

Disappointing. But hey ho.
Life goes on.

Last edited by spock; 03-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.
spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #20
white light
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: B-lighty
Posts: 14,136
Likes: 3,252 (2,269 Posts)
Default

Nice tub work on the op track. A good garage noise.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.