Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 01-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #621
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
when someone can accuse you of hate and in the same breath say you do not deserve to even speak

these are the times we live in

IDENTITY POLITICS is RADICALISING people against other groups in the same way that CRITICAL THEORY has taught people to hate their own country and accept anything that is done to them

We are now seeing the fall out of all this as anger grows on the streets

Mass immigration is merely a recruitment drive for this agenda. How is this going to end well?

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” –George Orwell

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 01-09-2017 at 07:19 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #622
mranderson

it was never supposed to end well waves , that's the problem
Old 01-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #623
reverendjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
the way things are going Jim he will be viewed as the worst thing to happen to Canada since the brits showed up
i think they are trying desperately to find a canadian trump for the next phase.

political atheist

ignore is simply a statement of what i think of you
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #624
hokuspokus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancity eagle View Post
Do you know what?
If the gun shooter and the flame thrower guy sat down together
and had a chat I'd wager they'd get on and work out their differences.
I believe they would also realise who the enemy is and who is attempting
to get them to fight.
Strummer 101 I'm looking at you.........
hokuspokus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #625
De Gothia

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
I view countries and continents as fairly abstract constructions. Some, like Great Britain, a bit less abstract because it is a group of Islands separated from a mainland. However, if you were on the mainland at the border between Europe and Asia, a step one way or t'other and you are in a different continent, yet you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference unless you had to go through some kind of border check, another abstract construction.

How one feels about these distinctions is another set of constructions. How do I feel about it? I like England. I am English. It's an abstract construction, but I like it.

What is the centrist point of view in your opinion?

You say that there isn't one, which would mean that you haven't got an opinion of it. Your opinion would merely state that I cannot be centrist because centrist doesn't exist. So, therefore I have to be of one side or t'other. In other words, have some feeling toward it. Personally I think its the other way around. The natural position would be neutral, and any position other than naturally neutral is a construction. However, one does have a mind with stuff that passes through, recurring thoughts and the suchlike. Such as "I like England".

That other people put great store into these abstract constructions is another construction. After all, when they are not thinking about it they are putting no store into it, and it only exists as abstract potential for when they do start thinking about it and stocking their shelves again.

For me, the centrist position is a deconstructed view, but with acknowledgement that the construction exists. As such I can jest upon it as much as I like. And to say this view is left wing makes me laugh too, 'cos that's just another construction. A couple of hundred years ago, left / right politics didn't exist. Hmmmm! Perhaps it got constructed.

As for it being a globalist point of view. Another construction. I don't even know if we are sat upon a globe, that's just hearsay from other people (I'm not a flat earther either. More hearsay). So, it's not a globalist point of view but an individualist point of view.

Furthermore, assuming that we do live on a globe, I see nationalism as a form of globalism, 'cos in this day and age to implement it would have to mean implementing it globally, by global consent. Otherwise you'd have to totally disregard what the rest of the world is doing. If the rest of the world was overrun by a globalist state, but your nation remained separate, you'd just have to let it, and shut the fuck up about it. However, if your nationalism concerned itself with the affairs of other nations, it is no longer national, but international globalism. Paradoxical in this day and age. And the nationalists of old were empire builders anyway. A form of globalism.
A Nation is an abstract construction? So much so that you can't even bring yourself to say anything bad about Israel, huh.

And Nationalism is a form of Globalism? My, the ''doublespeak'' and Orwellian mindset in full view now.

Did you ever watch Game Of Thrones, white light? There's a slippery character on there known as Lord Baelish or 'littlefinger', who's mostly known for his underhanded scheming, and debauchery & trickery. A real snake of a character really. He reminds me a bit of you.

A Nation is not an abstract construction, far from it, neither is Nationalism a form of Globalism. Calling a Nation an abstract construction or an abstract idea, is exactly the kind of thing we keep hearing the so called ''elite'' say.

If you were to call a Nation an abstract construction or an abstract idea, then the various different Nations around the World would have no differences in their actual physical form. Apparently according to you there are no physical or actual differences between European culture compared to say African culture. It only exists in the abstract? I beg to differ.

Last edited by De Gothia; 03-09-2017 at 02:46 PM.
De Gothia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #626
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Gothia View Post
A Nation is an abstract construction? So much so that you can't even bring yourself to say anything bad about Israel, huh.

And Nationalism is a form of Globalism? My, the ''doublespeak'' coming off that forked tongue really is in full view now.

Did you ever watch Game Of Thrones, white light? There's a slippery character on there known as Lord Baelish or 'littlefinger', who's mostly known for his underhanded scheming, and debauchery & trickery. A real snake of a character really. He reminds me a bit of you.

A Nation is not an abstract construction, far from it, neither is Nationalism a form of Globalism. Calling a Nation an abstract construction or an abstract idea, is exactly the kind of thing we keep hearing the so called ''elite'' say.

If you were to call a Nation an abstract construction or an abstract idea, then the various different Nations around the World would have no differences in their actual physical form. Apparently according to you there are no physical or actual differences between European culture compared to say African culture. It only exists in the abstract? I beg to differ.
My opinion is that the Israeli government's foreign policy is "bad", especially toward Palestine, and the support it has from western government and media is clearly a murky "operation". When have I said otherwise?
That the Israeli people are conscripted into the army, and no doubt brainwashed in the process is another "bad", imo.

Asking me to condemn "Israel" aka the Israeli people is akin to condemning myself for the Falkland's war, which I had no part in.

If nations aren't abstract constructions, how come the borders move around?

As for what else you've said, you haven't addressed my points, you've merely constructed an abstract.

Last edited by white light; 03-09-2017 at 06:08 PM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #627
De Gothia

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
My opinion is that the Israeli government's foreign policy is bad, especially toward Palestine, and the support it has from western government and media is clearly an murky "operation". When have I said otherwise?
That the Israeli people are conscripted into the army, and no doubt brainwashed in the process is another "bad", imo.

If nations aren't abstract constructions, how come the borders move around?

As for what else you've said, you haven't addressed my points, you've merely constructed an abstract.

Not at all, neither was I asking you to condemn all the Israeli people. You claim Nations are merely abstract constructions, or in other words meaningless artificial constructions? Mere splodges of paint on a canvas without any real physical form or uniqueness and identity of their own. I strongly disagree. A Nation is the physical form of a peoples mentalities, morals, and values. Western Civilization is the tangible materiel and physical expression of a people, and not merely some abstract construction without physical form, or some meaningless splodge of paint on a canvass.

Do you view everything in the abstract?

Abstract

Physical form

Last edited by De Gothia; 03-09-2017 at 04:01 PM.
De Gothia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #628
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Gothia View Post
Not at all, neither was I asking you to condemn all the Israeli people. You claim Nations are merely abstract constructions, or in other words meaningless artificial constructions? Mere splodges of paint on a canvas without any real physical form or uniqueness and identity of their own. I strongly disagree. A Nation is the physical form of a peoples mentalities, morals, and values. Western Civilization is the tangible materiel and physical expression of a people, and not merely some abstract construction without physical form, or some meaningless splodge of paint on a canvass.

Do you view everything in the abstract?

Abstract

Physical form

Well, I originally said that countries are abstracts, not necessarily that nations are. Nations can move territory and still be called a nation. Neither do I think it wrong to consider territories as ancestral homes. It becomes more of an abstract construct when we call them countries with names and defined borders though. That's the sort of stuff that gets writ on bits of paper, just so that you know it's "legal" and "real". Lol.

Where I'd find nationhood an abstract is that I'd have more in common with someone who thought and felt as I do, whatever their nationhood, than I would a countryman who thinks and feels quite differently to me. That I should side with my countryman just because they are my countryman is an obligation I'd rather ignore.

Last edited by white light; 03-09-2017 at 05:25 PM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote