Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 05-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Default Intuition: Is there a dark side?

"All you need is love". If that comment is true, then where does intuition fit into the grand scheme of things that will make this world a better place? Many 'New Agers' regard intuition as a 'knight in shining armour' who - along with love - will rescue our world from evil and tyranny. But just how necessary is intuition, and is there a dark side to it?

A lot of people are uncertain about exactly what intuition is; how do you know that you're receiving it; how do you know that it's benefiting you; etc. The large number of words written/spoken about intuition are testament to that uncertainty. David Icke - who promotes intuition- has confused the issue for me in his latest book "The Perception Deception" by writing that the ruling elite want to bypass our conscious minds so that the ruling elite can take control of our subconscious minds, thus they can take control of our thinking, perceptions and behaviour(see P161).The ruling elite want - he writes- "...to suppress conscious imagination and exploit subconscious imagination." (p431). Where does intuition fit into this view? How do we know that it's not being tampered with?

Just recently, a BBC television documentary on intuition ("Horizon: How You Really Make Decisions", BBC2, 24/Feb/2014) concluded that the average person is utilizing intuition incorrectly, so human society needs to be redesigned to allow intuition to flourish. It's not just New Agers who promote intuition: it's slowly going mainstream. This bothers me, because most mainstream events/trends are usually overshadowed by the ruling elite. For example, the modern Rosicrucian organisation AMORC (headquarters in the USA) publicly promotes its mystical beliefs, especially its goal of encouraging everyone to use "divine intelligence", accessed via "the still, small voice within". AMORC held two annual conferences in England in 1996 and 1997 at the University Of Surrey, whose Chancellor back then was the Queen's cousin: the Duke of Kent, also the Grand Master of Britain's most popular branch of Freemasonry. Rosicrucianism and Freemasonry are a continuation of the Christian Protestant split from the Catholic Church in the 16th Century, beginning the trend towards encouraging each individual person to access 'God' directly, rather than relying on an indirect human intermediary.

This desire for a world directed by Divine Intelligence/God/Universal Laws is gradually pervading powerful transnational institutions such as the United Nations. One of the 'fathers' of the campaign for a united Europe, Count RICHARD COUDENHOVE-KALERGI (1894-1972), wrote: "...we are mere puppets in the hands of God..." Kalergi has been linked to the esoteric-political philosophy known as SYNARCHY (the opposite of anarchy), which wants European union and ultimately a World government led by elite rulers in psychic contact with hidden beings/powers. (See "The Sion Revelation",LYNN PICKNETT & CLIVE PRINCE) In a synarchic society, everyone has a preordained, natural place in the larger body of society. A similar view is outlined in a remarkable series of psychically-channeled books by KEN CAREY (e.g. "The Starseed Transmissions"), which say that we humans- following our intuition- are destined to evolve into the 'brain cells' of a super-organism controlled by a Divine Creator.

The notorious British occultist Aleister Crowley advocated the principle: "Do what thou wilt", by which he meant follow God's Will. However, a fellow contemporary occultist, Christine Stoddard, warned of becoming 'an empty vessel' in the hands of psychic forces.

The ancient idea of a 'Master Race'(chosen by God to rule) is manifesting in the 21st century as a 'spiritual elite' who are more able to tune into 'natural, divine' laws. The renowned psychologist ABRAHAM MASLOW (famed for his 'hierarchy of needs') suggested that there could be a "biological elite" who are more able to "self-actualise" (heightened awareness and positivity).

I believe that the use of the subconscious mind was subtly popularized by those top filmmakers Steven Spielberg and George Lucas: 1)"Jaws":the shark symbolizes the demons of the hidden depths of the mind; 2)"Close Encounters" and "ET" symbolize the contact with a new intelligence; 3)"Star Wars": Jedi Warriors prefer the 'Force' as a decision-maker.

Is intuition all part of the ruling elite's control? See my thread "The Great Work Decoded"

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 05-03-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: left something out
leighcgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
gambler187

I feel sorry for those, who like me, have had Psychic intuition about their own death.
gambler187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
white light

Good thread. At least that's what my intuition tells me.......oh....er.....hang on.

There seem to be a few Synarchists in the DI forum judging by what some folk write.

Personally, I don't often go with my intuition without checking in with the logic centres, otherwise I'd feel like a robot.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Good thread. At least that's what my intuition tells me.......oh....er.....hang on.

There seem to be a few Synarchists in the DI forum judging by what some folk write.

Personally, I don't often go with my intuition without checking in with the logic centres, otherwise I'd feel like a robot.

There's all sorts of Synarchists.
It's one of those baggy terms that can mean just about whatever anyone chooses to say that it means.
Look at Mexico were they have left wing 'synarchists' and ultra right wingers calling themselves synarchists.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
There's all sorts of Synarchists.
It's one of those baggy terms that can mean just about whatever anyone chooses to say that it means.
Look at Mexico were they have left wing 'synarchists' and ultra right wingers calling themselves synarchists.
Are there any who's intuition tells them not to trust their intuition?.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Are there any who's intuition tells them not to trust their intuition?.

Yep.
Those who have learned the hard way.
Gamblers especially.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
ufochick

"Do what thou wilt" does not mean follow God's will it means the opposite. Do as you wish.

I use intuition on a daily basis. I don't think it's controlled or influenced. The key in my opinion is to have control of your own thoughts. Then you know what is from you and what is not.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #8
faith123
Inactive

yeah I can see this, there are videos like napoleon hill on how to remove the conscious barrier, and websites dedicated to removing the gate keeper, once its gone your mind is wide open to suggestion, they do this in spiritualism, its up to us to get educated on this stuff for protection. there are suggestions like, use the whole mind, What you mean im only using half my brain? and left brain right brain thinking. on the back of language, rhetoric like struggling, pain and try too. there,s a third way, other than awakening and destroying someones self, which is destructive.
faith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
deadhawk

intuition is a survival mechanism it will give help if you learn to differentiate it from impulse
oops, impulsive post- sorry
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #10
grandmasterp
Banned

Crowley's " Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." was just a recipe for selfishness IMO.
Gardner spun that into..." An it harm none, do as thou wilt." which is much nicer.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #11
deadhawk

'yet if it harm no one, what benefit to you?' would be the impulse of the selfish
intuition is an self generated thought process with connotations of a positive nature to others but impulse is selfish
dunno if im right its just the way i see it from my own angle in my own wee life
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #12
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
"Do what thou wilt" does not mean follow God's will it means the opposite. Do as you wish.

I use intuition on a daily basis. I don't think it's controlled or influenced. The key in my opinion is to have control of your own thoughts. Then you know what is from you and what is not.
Crowley wrote that the Will in question was not the selfish will associated with the ego, but was to linked with divine will and divine purpose. It was about finding your natural place in the grand scheme of things. See his Law of Thelema.

Also, what do you mean by intuition? It's an ambiguous word.
Old 15-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

The United Nations promotes meditation and intuition. In this respect it was supported by the top academic and systems theory proponent ERVIN LASZLO, who worked for UN offshoots such as UNESCO and UNITAR. He belonged to numerous global-oriented institutions such as The CLUB OF ROME and founded THE CLUB OF BUDAPEST. Laszlo believes in an underlying holographic energy field that is self-aware.
Old 16-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #14
krystar

I have never 'received' intuition. It is just a part of me, and it has never been wrong yet. Yes, it has to be activated, but it isn't something that I do, it's something I have. I don't have to receive my arm to reach my coffee.
krystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #15
tangodeltafoxtrot
Banned

I consider myself a high level intuit. I have predictive dreams all the time.

But I can't quite cope with the world on its own terms, so I medicate myself with red wine.

Einstein said that the future belongs to the intuits, hopefully it's true.
tangodeltafoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #16
tangodeltafoxtrot
Banned

Beneath the noise, below the din.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlGO9IRJeqg
tangodeltafoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #17
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystar View Post
I have never 'received' intuition. It is just a part of me, and it has never been wrong yet. Yes, it has to be activated, but it isn't something that I do, it's something I have. I don't have to receive my arm to reach my coffee.
How do you know that your intuition has never been wrong? What is your criteria for 'right' and 'wrong'?
Old 18-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #18
decode reality
Inactive

Lots of people who are successful in various fields - arts, business, science etc - know the value of following their hunches, their gut feelings.

From November 2012:

'Decision-making is an inevitable part of the human experience, and one of the most mysterious. For centuries, scientists have studied how we go about the difficult task of choosing A or B, left or right, North or South — and how both instinct and intellect figure into the process. Now new research indicates that the old truism "look before you leap" may be less true than previously thought.'

'In a behavioral experiment, Prof. Marius Usher of Tel Aviv University's School of Psychological Sciences and his fellow researchers found that intuition was a surprisingly powerful and accurate tool. When forced to choose between two options based on instinct alone, the participants made the right call up to 90 percent of the time. The results of their study were recently published in the journal PNAS'

http://www.aftau.org/site/News2?id=17369

As the article says, intuition isn't always correct - but it's amazing to find people will suspiciously question something so basic to the human experience because some "elite" are apparently promoting it. It's a bit like saying 'Don't take a dump, the elite do as well.' Talk about turning men into God!

Last edited by decode reality; 18-03-2014 at 11:50 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #19
oceans

Leighcgilbert: I saw that BBC documentary too, I really enjoyed it. I had a bias going in as I was thinking it would support the idea of a lack of freewill. There is a thread called "We are not responsible for our actions" in General that has discussed this at length. Some of what you said supports the differentiation of ego-will and god-will, which I find interesting.

I don't buy into the whole elite-controlling-me-thing though, it's a nice story to make me think I'm more important to the world than I really am. We build up stories and make them incredibly complex rather just taking things as they are. We are therefore reinforcing separation even more than it needs to be.

As you already addressed, intuition is loaded word. Is it a label for where decisions come from that lead to a desired or predicted outcome? I don't know really. If its solely based on prediction it would support the fate-theory though which get some heads rolling in above mentioned thread.

So, is there a dark side of intuition. Maybe. If we've made a choice using 'it' and it doesn't bode well, then who is to blame - we're already a bit hard on ourselves don't you think - are we going to ignore its failures like a gambler does and only see things that support and reinforce the theory of success? No idea. There is peace in not knowing though, and most of the time the questions are the problem, not the answers.

Keep things simple and you'll find the answers you seek, maybe

Last edited by oceans; 18-03-2014 at 12:00 PM.
oceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #20
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans View Post
Leighcgilbert: I saw that BBC documentary too, I really enjoyed it. I had a bias going in as I was thinking it would support the idea of a lack of freewill. There is a thread called "We are not responsible for our actions" in General that has discussed this at length. Some of what you said supports the differentiation of ego-will and god-will, which I find interesting.

I don't buy into the whole elite-controlling-me-thing though, it's a nice story to make me think I'm more important to the world than I really am. We build up stories and make them incredibly complex rather just taking things as they are. We are therefore reinforcing separation even more than it needs to be.

As you already addressed, intuition is loaded word. Is it a label for where decisions come from that lead to a desired or predicted outcome? I don't know really. If its solely based on prediction it would support the fate-theory though which get some heads rolling in above mentioned thread.

So, is there a dark side of intuition. Maybe. If we've made a choice using 'it' and it doesn't bode well, then who is to blame - we're already a bit hard on ourselves don't you think - are we going to ignore its failures like a gambler does and only see things that support and reinforce the theory of success? No idea. There is peace in not knowing though, and most of the time the questions are the problem, not the answers.

Keep things simple and you'll find the answers you seek, maybe
I'm not saying we should never use our intuition; but we shouldn't be controlled by it either. I find it highly significant that intuition is going mainstream. The United Nations' promotion of meditation and intuition can be traced back to the UNESCO predecessor: the League of Nation's ICIC, whose members included fans of intuition such as Albert Einstein and the renowned French philosopher Henri Bergson, of which the latter's sister MINA BERGSON was an occultist who married SAMUEL MATHERS, a co-founder of the occult Order of the Golden Dawn. Another Golden Dawn member, Aleister Crowley, promoted the following of God's Will under love. What 'love' is this? Is this love a form of intuition or distinct from it? Who is really behind the New Age movement? Why does David Icke seemingly ignore the United Nations' growing embodiment of the new age values that he promotes?

Henri Bergson suggested that a higher form of instinct is evolving in man. Although instincts are controllable, they suggest to me a reduction in our free will, if not the loss of it.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 19-03-2014 at 01:21 PM.