Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #161
limelady
Inactive

Default werecats/Behemoth

Its hard to find a picture of a behemoth that's not related to a heavy metal band of the same name, but is a wiki page about this creature. They don't mention specifially that this creature morphs into a cat (according to the information, its a huge creature that shpeshifts into various HUGE creatures - a very powerful demon).

Darn it, I cannot find the article I read about a behemoth being a demon, shapeshifting cat thingy, and a search for "werecats" only brings up this mention of a behemoth. Maybe an intensive search later might find more, anyways here it is for what its worth:
http://www.therianthropes.com/werecats.htm

Quote:
In folklore and fantasy fiction, werecats are shapeshifters who are similar to werewolves, except that they turn into some species of feline instead of a wolf. The species involved can be a domestic cat, a tiger, a lion, a leopard, a lynx, or any other type, including some that are purely fantastical felines.

The word "werecat" was not coined until the late 19th century, so it was not directly used in legends from earlier eras, only by later folklorists' commentary.

* There is not much presence of werecats in European mythology and folklore except the famous black cats which were once described as familiar or imps, lesser demons that would serve witches during the Middle-Ages.

* Bast or Bastet is a famous Egyptian Goddess.

* In “The master and Margarita”, the Devil is accompanied by several demons including the mischievous, gun-happy, fast-talking black cat Behemoth (Бегемот, a subversive Puss in Boots) who shapeshift from man to cat according to circumstances.
* Weretigers are predominent in Asia, Weretigers in India, Werelions in Africa and wereleopards in South America
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #162
strt
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelady View Post
Is this 'disco stick'? Another one?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #163
strt
Premier Subscribers

http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/sekhmet2.htm
The lion-headed goddess Sekhmet (Sakhmet, Sekhet) was a...

http://sekhetmaat.com/
A chartered local body of Ordo Templi Orientis.
http://sekhetmaat.com/wiki/images/Sekhet-maat_lamen.gif

http://www.sekhetbastra.org/
Sekhet Bast Ra Ordo Templi Orientalis Oklahoma City
Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #164
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
haha um, i don't know that much about it as far as previous incarnations, i was under the impression it was more of a sexual fetish
Interesting.

Let's hear your fantasy....er, I mean your theory then!

Quote:
Speaking of shape-shifting "werecats" reminded me that I once read something about an ancient demon that goes by the name of a behemoth (sp?) which is said to shape-shift into an evil killer cat.

I will watch the video clip then go see what I can dig up.
You've got me thinking about classic movies from the 40s and 50s like 'Cat People' and 'Night of the Demon' now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strt View Post
http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/sekhmet2.htm
The lion-headed goddess Sekhmet (Sakhmet, Sekhet) was a...

http://sekhetmaat.com/
A chartered local body of Ordo Templi Orientis.
http://sekhetmaat.com/wiki/images/Sekhet-maat_lamen.gif

http://www.sekhetbastra.org/
Sekhet Bast Ra Ordo Templi Orientalis Oklahoma City
Good links strt.

OTO and Sekhmet?

I'm shocked!

Last edited by size_of_light; 02-12-2009 at 03:08 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 AM   #165
biblegirl

Quote:
good find there
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #166
size_of_light

Just thinking out loud with this one...

If man originally communicated telepathically, and was then interfered with, and made to verbalise language, as some scholars claim, then I'm thinking that the earliest words we probably would have been taught to speak would be akin to babies first uttering "Mumma" or "Dadda", only with the names of gods replacing those for parents, since they would have been the ones originally teaching us how to talk.

Make sense?

With the above in mind, I'm wondering if a lot of words that subsequently developed as our vocabulary expanded and which touch upon fundamentally important concepts to the human experience don't also have their roots in the names of these gods, since that would be a logical way for them to further imprint their power and influence on humanity as it continued to grow in awareness.

Looking at Sekhmet and the English language here (and keeping it simple by putting etymological origins aside, since the same idea could also be applied to the root words anyway) let's speculate that a number of essential words in the English language could have sprung out of the Sk sound contained in her name.

A few examples that come to mind:

- Sex/Sexual etc
- Sacred/Sacrament etc.
- Secret
- Sky
- Sanctuary
- Skull
- Scar
- Skill

All those words are labeling things that are pretty rudimentary to humans, and all contain that distinct Sk sound.

There's probably a lot more if I thought about it further, and also many other words of increasing complexity of thought, like sacral (sacral chakra), section/segment, Sanskrit etc.

Last edited by size_of_light; 02-12-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #167
strt
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
Make sense?
A lot. My jaw dropped right now
Old 02-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #168
size_of_light

Quote:
A lot. My jaw dropped right now
Haha, that just reminded me of another one - scared.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #169
size_of_light

Quote:
Speaking of shape-shifting "werecats" reminded me that I once read something about an ancient demon that goes by the name of a behemoth (sp?) which is said to shape-shift into an evil killer cat.

I will watch the video clip then go see what I can dig up.
Quote:
You've got me thinking about classic movies from the 40s and 50s like 'Cat People' and 'Night of the Demon' now.
Looking back on this, I don't know exactly why what you said had me thinking of these movies , but since I mentioned it, here are some short clips.

Great films. Very poetic and evocative.

From Cat People (1942)

Dream Sequence:

The Panther Lady Attacks:

The opening to Night of the Demon (1957) (aka Curse of the Demon in the US):

Last edited by limelady; 05-12-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #170
mynameis

An aegis is made from dragon-like scale skin. This could be literal or made of plates of metal.

Quote:
Athena's aegis, bearing the Gorgon, here resembles closely the skin of the huge serpent who guards the golden fleece (regurgitating Jason); cup by Douris, Classical Greece, early fifth century BC -
Quote:
There also is the origin myth that represents the ægis as a fire-breathing chthonic monster similar to the Chimera, which was slain and flayed by Athena, who afterward wore its skin as a cuirass (Diodorus Siculus iii. 70), or as a chlamys. The Douris cup shows that the aegis was represented exactly as the skin of the guardian serpent, with its scales clearly delineated. Often the aegis is described as the bag in which Athene carried her shield and the serpent who was her son.

John Tzetzes says[6] that it was the skin of the monstrous giant Pallas whom Athena overcame and whose name she attached to her own.
Pergamon Altar
The most ancient of the Titans and Hellenes were depicted with snakelike legs as if they were Naga.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/122...61830061FCfVSy

Quote:
Aegis on an image of Isis from the Nubian culture of the 4th century bc found in contemporary Sudan - British Museum
In the Greek snakes were depicted as followers of Gaia:

In mythology, people born straight from the earth, with no human parents, see Autochthon (ancient Greece)

Quote:
Cecrops, (Kékrōps) was a mythical king of Athens. The name is not of Greek origin according to Strabo[1], or it might mean 'face with a tail': it is said that, born from the earth itself, he had his top half shaped like a man and the bottom half in serpent or fish-tail form. He was the founder and the first king of Athens itself, though preceded in the region by the earth-born king Actaeus of Attica. Cecrops was a culture hero, teaching the Athenians marriage, reading and writing, and ceremonial burial.

This makes speculation about the relationship of those Olympians and the Titans being synonymous with one another all born of Gaia through Uranus and Gaia.

The idea of the Sekhmet may be a summation of fear from the natural world. These are imagery that are dangers and wonders to be feared in nature. Snakes, Lions, Bats etc...
I can no longer have fair and intelligent conversation with people here, without them resorting to the use of personal attacks. I have been targeted as a scapegoat for my defensive actions. I cannot discuss new topics and stop the rampant amounts of misinformation when it happens, where it applies. If it can happen to me it can happen to you.

Last edited by mynameis; 04-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #171

Quote:
Looking back on this, I don't know exactly why what you said had me thinking of these movies , but since I mentioned it, here are some short clips.

Great films. Very poetic and evocative.

From Cat People (1942)

Dream Sequence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCSn...eature=related

The Panther Lady Attacks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWboo...eature=related

The opening to Night of the Demon (1957) (aka Curse of the Demon in the US):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Pnx...eature=related
Was going to post this tune originally but didn't bother . Just watched inglorious basterds . bowie remake of the song Cat People .
it played as actress prepared for movie premier in Red Dress , lipstick, nail varnish , as Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face section of movie begins .
Bowie sang the song for the remake of the cat people movie originally .I think this was the scene playing when cat people song was on
Found this with a google search referring to the Giant face and how the chapter unfolds in the movie

Spoiler Alert

in case anyone hasn't seen the movie
http://blog.brightlightsfilm.com/200...iant-face.html
Quote:
I wanted to talk about what is probably the film's most memorable image, the ghostly black and white close-up of Mélanie Laurent as the French-Jewish heroine, Shosanna, projected amidst the smoke and flames of the film's climactic chapter, "Revenge of the Giant Face."

It invokes - consciously, no doubt - two of the most memorable anima and animus images in cinema: Brigitte Helm as the robotic "False Maria" (top) at the moment she is finally engulfed by flames in Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1926), and Frank Morgan as "The Great and Powerful Oz" (bottom) terrifying Dorothy and her friends in The Wizard of Oz (1939). Oz's giant face is also, as it happens, a projected image, a creation of smoke and mirrors.

An anima or animus is another kind of projection. Whether god, goddess, vampire, witch, mermaid, faery, beast, devil, golem, or other paranormal entity, our animi give form to aspects of the human psyche that are larger than life, transcendent, the stuff of legend.
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #172
christ4life

When I saw this concert on youtube something didn't sit right with me. Then I read this thread, and found out who Sekhmet is then it seemed that Beyonce is clearly portraying this entity.
christ4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #173
glitter

So does this mean that egyptian reiki healing is basically calling on healing from sekhmet??

And is the person who channels and recieves this type of healing, unaware that they are working for the dark forces?!

http://www.insightandinspiration.com/egyptianskhm.html

Last edited by glitter; 27-05-2010 at 09:34 PM.
glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #174
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter View Post
So does this mean that egyptian reiki healing is basically calling on healing from sekhmet??

And is person who channels and recieves this type of healing, unaware that they are working for the dark forces?!

http://www.insightandinspiration.com/egyptianskhm.html
very interesting link, they are definitely connecting the healing process to this goddess

Quote:
When she awoke she had lost her blood thirsty nature and become the gentle Hathor.
maybe their view is that she is "okay" now that she is gentle ??
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #175
glitter

yes I did wonder if she's a reformed character now?!

Or is their overall plan to decieve people by preaching love and light (false light!) ??

http://www.welcomethelight.com/tag/mother-sekhmet/

And in this link apparently sekhmet and sananda have teamed up now! I read some where about false ascended masters and sananda (who goes by the name jesus) was listed as one of them.

Last edited by glitter; 27-05-2010 at 10:44 PM.
glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #176
masonicboom
Banned

Thumbs up Eye of Ra

In my foolishness I had taken form of a mortal man
And entered time to live amongst humanity, born of my tears
But now they have turned against me and my descendants
They overthrow the temples and curse my name

No, I return to the city of the sun
There enthroned gouge out my eye
Terrible is m pain, horrifying are my cries
Dreadful is my towering rage

All my fierce passions cause my torn eye
To take shape as a fearsome lioness
With teeth and claws that ache to rend flesh
Heedless of the blood that courses down my cheek
Sekhmet, the might I name nee
And Nesert who is a burning flame

Then the terrible roar of Sekhmet sounds forth

Flee from me humanity though it availeth thee not
Hide in the deserts and the mountains
Let fear grow in your hearts
For I am vengeance and bloody death

With terrible wrath
Shall I now go forth out into the two lands
To slay the gathered armies of man
Not one shall stand alive where I have been

Hide in the deserts and the mountains
Let fear grow in your hearts
For I am vengeance and bloody death
As I rend the very flesh from their bones

I will wade in human blood and drink my fill
For the joy of killing gladdens my heart
masonicboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #177
ladygoogoo

If you don't want anything to do with Sekhmet, that's probably just fine with HER.

Based on that rather poor translation of Egyptian to English perhaps we should
send her wrath against BP????
Could prove useful against NWO, no?

Last edited by ladygoogoo; 23-06-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: add last sentence
ladygoogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #178
masonicboom
Banned

Default Meaning Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygoogoo View Post
If you don't want anything to do with Sekhmet, that's probably just fine with HER.

Based on that rather poor translation of Egyptian to English perhaps we should
send her wrath against BP????
Could prove useful against NWO, no?
Poor Translation ??

It's actually a song by the band NILE, so i assume it was written in english.

From their album "Ithyphallic"
masonicboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #179
taustrike

Quote:
Sekhmet
And the Near Destruction of Mankind

http://www.lesvampires.org/mirrorsportal/sekhmet.html

There was a time in ancient Egypt where humans entered into a conspiracy to overthrow the Gods. They blasphemed against Ra, king of Gods and men, and heretical priests and magicians plotted ways to turn against the Gods for their destruction, using those very powers the Gods had given to men that they might flourish and grow great upon the earth. Ra, hearing of this plan, called to meet with him the most ancient and potent Deities, those who had been with him in the primeval waters before the time when with his eye, the sun, he had made life. The Gods counseled together and it was decided that Sekhmet, the force against which no other force avails, would appear on the earth and quell the rebellion. Sekhmet would manifest and punish all those who had held in their minds evil images and imagined wicked plots.

Then Sekhmet walked among men and destroyed them and drank their blood. Night after night Sekhmet waded in blood, slaughtering humans, tearing and rending their bodies, and drinking their blood. The other Gods decided that the slaughter was enough and should stop, but they could find no way to stop Sekhmet, who was drunk on human blood. As the carnage went on, the Gods recognized that Sekhmet, Her rage sustained by intoxication, would implacably proceed with the killing until the last human life had been extinguished.

Then Ra had brought to him from Elephantine certain plants which have been said to be the Solanaceae family and which can be brewed as powerful mind-altering drugs. Those plants, and possibly also opium or hemp, were sent to the God Sekti at Heliopolis. Sekti added these drugs to a mixture of beer and also human blood, until seven thousand great jugs of the substance had been made. The jars were taken to a place where Sekhmet would pass and there were poured out onto the ground, inundating the fields for a great distance. And when Sekhmet came to these fields and perceived what She thought to be blood, She rejoiced and drank all of the liquid. Then "Her heart was filled with joy," Her mind was changed, and She thought no more of destroying mankind.

"After that, Ra addressed Sekhmet as the One Who Comes in Peace, praising the beauty and charm of the Goddess." Sekhmet is the goddess most often depicted with the head of a lioness, occasionally with the sun disk. There are more large statues of Sekhmet than of any other deity. Like many deities, the Goddess Sekhmet manifested in many different aspects. She is the bringer of disease and the Great One of Healing. She is the Goddess of War and the Goddess of Love. She is also an underworld deity, known for her destructive tendencies. She has the power to completely destroy not only human bodies, but also their souls - total destruction. She, additionally, is the protector of the dead in the underworld. Some authors have suggested a connection between Sekhmet and kundalini energy.

To become an initiate in the temple of Sekhmet, candidates were actually put to a ritualised "death" where they had to deal with its horrors. These horrors included facing "fiends and vampires". Those who did not succeed in overcoming their fears, if they survived, were disqualified. Her priests and priestesses were considered to be extremely powerful - both as physicians and as practitioners of magick who had the power to destroy and command demons.

The demons of Egypt were divided into two categories: those that serve Sekhmet and those that are of the underworld. Sekhmet’s demons were dispatched to send disease, chaos and pestilence. The demons of the underworld were considered to be worse as they stole body parts from the dead and would eat the hearts of the unworthy. Sekhmet was named the Avenger of Wrongs, and the Scarlet Lady, a reference to blood, and thus also seen as ruling over menstruation. Celebrations for Sekhmet included wild orgies, which earned her the additional titles of Great Harlot and Lady of the Scarlet-Coloured Garments. Those celebrations also included the drinking of the exact substance given to Sekhmet to quench her thirst - sans the blood according to several authors.

This telling of the myth was taken from the walls of the tomb of Seti and unfortunately is the only known version that discusses the blood lust of Sekhmet. Much information has been lost. Of the goddess' four thousand names only a few hundred have survived. In those names that have come down to us, there are a few interesting hints of a connection between Sekhmet and vampirism: Lady of Transformations, Enrapturing One, Giver of Ecstasies, Mother of the Dead, Lady of the Bloodbath, Devouring One, and Terrible One.

A Hymn of Sekhmet

Mine is a heart of carnelian, crimson as murder on a holy day.
Mine is a heart of corneal, the gnarled roots of a dogwood and the
bursting of flowers.
I am the broken wax seal on my lover's letters.
I am the phoenix, the fiery sun, consuming and resuming myself.
I will what I will.
Mine is a heart of carnelian, blood red as the crest of a phoenix.

Source: "The Goddess Sekhmet, Psycho-Spiritual Exercises of the Fifth Way" by Robert Masters

http://www.lesvampires.org/mirrorsportal/sekhmet.html
sounds like the story line for stargate, that show had always fasinated me.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #180
magicalfairy
Banned

Every time I come to this site, I realize how much I really don't know. It's very humbling.
magicalfairy is offline   Reply With Quote