Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 28-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
size_of_light

Default The Wolfchopper

In my view, the shot below (taken from "The Gable Film", which surfaced on youtube back in 2007) is clear and compelling evidence of therianthropy (the metamorphosis of humans into other animals) and the most important piece of film footage ever made public.

This thread is intended to be a place to analyse and discuss this single shot alone and not the Gable Film as a whole, since there are already two other threads to do that on.

People have argued against my claim on this footage by invoking pareidolia...

Quote:
a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- ("beside", "with", or "alongside"—meaning, in this context, something faulty or wrong (as in paraphasia, disordered speech)) and eidolon ("image"; the diminutive of eidos ("image", "form", "shape")). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.
...i.e. I'm mistakenly interpreting the presence of a face within the random patterns made by the hair of the person in this shot.

I call pareidolia too, but reverse the claim and suggest that anyone who can't clearly see that the person in question has an animal's head is mistakenly interpreting what's authentically present as hair in order to psychologically filter out details within a moving visual image that are incongruous with their own subconscious dictate of what's possible to see with their own eyes.

To be continued.

Last edited by size_of_light; 28-04-2010 at 07:09 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
cultofexperience

SOL wrote:

I call pareidolia too, but reverse the claim and suggest that anyone who can't clearly see that the person in question has an animal's head is mistakenly interpreting what's authentically present as hair in order to psychologically filter out details within a moving visual image that are incongruous with their own subconscious dictate of what's possible to see with their own eyes.

If my brain is filtering out one image and replacing it with another, how would I tell?

I have watched it over and over and all I still see is hair. Not doggin' ya, just being honest about my perception.

*edit

(inadvertent pun)

Last edited by cultofexperience; 28-04-2010 at 11:59 PM.
cultofexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
don coyote

.....*Grabs a fresh box of popcorn and sits down to enjoy the show*

don coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofexperience View Post
if my brain is filtering out one image and replacing it with another, how would i tell?

I have watched it over and over and all i still see is hair. Not doggin' ya, just being honest about my perception.
(replying to you here and also continuing on generally...)

For months I've been baffled and frustrated by seeing this shot differently to other people. How can I be so adamant that this guy plainly has an animal's head when virtually everyone else thinks there's nothing to see here except normal human hair?

I'm either right, for whatever reason, and seeing something other people haven't managed to spot yet, or wrong, for whatever reason, and imagining something is there that other people understand isn't.

Since I can only rely on what I perceive, and have examined what I do from every conceivable angle and possibility looking for an explanation as to how I could have gotten this so badly wrong, I can only conclude that what I'm seeing is correct.

You've got to go with your gut. And because what I'm seeing is so profound and paradigm-changing, I feel a responsibility to keep pushing the point and trying to help others to see it too.

It's not about me being proven right, or trying to persuade anyone else to my point of view so they come to buy into a delusion I've created - recognition here is instantaneous and unambiguous, and once it's made you can never go back to seeing the head of this person as merely hair again, in the same way that if you reached down to pick up a coil of rope and realised it was a snake, you could never go back to wondering if it still might be a coil of rope again.

Last edited by size_of_light; 29-04-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 29-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
size_of_light

I've got a theory about what's going on with all this, but before I get into it, let's first identify the different relevant categories of people that I think will be reading this thread:

1. Those who don't believe in the possibility of therianthropy (the metamorphosis of humans into other animals).

2. Those who are ambivalent towards the possibility of theriantrophy.

3. Those who are open-minded to the possibility of theriantrophy.

4. Those who believe in the reality of theriantrophy.

5. Those who have a personal issue with me and will oppose or reject any change of perception that might confirm what I'm saying as accurate.

6. Those who believe or know that theriantrophy is real but are here to conceal it's reality from other people.

7. Trolls.

Consider which category/s you fall into.

Last edited by size_of_light; 29-04-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 29-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
1. Those who don't believe in the possibility of therianthropy (the metamorphosis of humans into other animals).

2. Those who are ambivalent towards the possibility of theriantrophy.

5. Those who have a personal issue with me and will oppose or reject any change of perception that might confirm what I'm saying as accurate.

6. Those who believe or know that theriantrophy is real but are here to conceal it's reality from other people.

7. Trolls.

Consider which category/s you fall into.
5, 6 and 7 are obviously lost causes here in terms of potentially seeing something they didn't see before.

1 and 2 are more or less in the same situation. Anyone who already has a pre-existing belief that it's impossible for a human to have an animal's head has by definition decided that the claim I'm making is false, and anyone who doesn't care whether or not it's possible for a human to have an animal's head is never going to make any effort to try to see if the claim I'm making here has any merit. So both groups are wasting their time reading this unless they also fall into the troll category.

Last edited by size_of_light; 29-04-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 29-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
size_of_light

Quote:
5, 6 and 7 are obviously lost causes here in terms of potentially seeing something they didn't see before.

1 and 2 are more or less in the same situation. Anyone who already has a pre-existing belief that it's impossible for a human to have an animal's head has by definition decided that the claim I'm making is false, and anyone who doesn't care whether or not it's possible for a human to have an animal's head is never going to make any effort to try to see if the claim I'm making here has any merit. So both groups are wasting their time reading this unless they also fall into the troll category.
You can already see how that whittles down the number of people who even have the right to be taken seriously here, let alone have an objective basis to consider the footage in question as anything more than mundane.

It also indicates how much potential outside noise, confusion, mental and emotion pollution and deliberate obsfucation can come into play for those people in the right frame of mind to even try to begin to evaluate the footage on it's own merits with a critical eye.

So that leaves:

Last edited by size_of_light; 29-04-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 29-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
size_of_light

Quote:
So that leaves:

It doesn't matter which of those categories you fall into, because as far as I can recall I haven't come across anyone in either of them so far online that has any idea what I'm really talking about with the footage. Some might humour me but everyone still secretly thinks I'm mad.

Last edited by size_of_light; 29-04-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 29-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
shankers

I'm in category 3.

The woodchopper is a good find. It may be real, but I am not 100% convinced. The awkward thing is that I am not sure what type of evidence would convince me.

Even if the woodchopper footage is not of metamorphosis, it's still very creative to find the image in there.
Old 29-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
size_of_light

Quote:
It doesn't matter which of those categories you fall into, because as far as I can recall I haven't come across anyone in either of them so far online that has any idea what I'm really talking about with the footage. Some might humour me but everyone still secretly thinks I'm mad.
There probably should be an 8th category added as well, just to keep clearing out all the preliminary garbage.

It may or may not overlap with no. 6, but either way it's detrimental until taken into account.

8. Don Coyote.

For those who don't know, this forum member claims to be the guy who hoaxed the Gable Film. He's already contributed to this thread with post #3 saying he's looking forward to it panning out and will be watching with his bucket of popcorn for entertainment value. It's likely he'll chime in every now and then with some trivial statement to remind everybody that he hoaxed the film and everything I'm saying is bullshit (while claiming on the MQ thread that my efforts to maintain the sense of mystery surrounding the film are good for him because he'll be able to sell it in the future for a million dollars ).

His influence needs to be transcended here as well in order to establish a basis that allows anyone to view the woodchopping shot objectively and on it's own merits.

So it's important to point out that Coyote:

1. Has provided no evidence to show that he's the same person as the 'Mike Agrusa' who appeared in the MonsterQuest episode claiming to be the Gable Film hoaxer.

2. Is a self-confessed serial liar on this forum.

3. Has provided snippets of (some say - i.e. me - highly dubious, ne ridiculous) information on this forum that go no way towards constituting substantial evidence that he (or Agrusa) hoaxed the Gable Film.

4. Refuses to answer a mountain of questions that point towards his story being a lie.

5. Refuses to show or screen the original 8mm Gable Film that he claims to have created and to have in his possession for us, or for anyone else.

Additionally, there's no compelling evidence to show that:

a) The man shown in the 'unedited' Directors Cut of the Gable Film that Coyote/QuinlanOUR12 has posted on youtube is the same person as the 'Mike Agrusa' who appeared on MonsterQuest or the Don Coyote who posts on this forum,

and

b) That the scenes featuring this person even appear on any original unedited 8mm film, and haven't instead been edited into a digital version of the film at a later date.

- Things to take into account should Coyote post on this thread again. He claims the woodchopper is him, and is nothing more than his normal hair (what else is he going to say?), so he has nothing else to contribute other than reminders of his presence designed to distract attention away from the facts and reinforce the official story that has been presented re: the Gable Film.
Old 29-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
drakul

I'm sorry but after watching that person expertly slice 99 logs into perfect halves, I still can't find the wolf face in his hair or anywhere else. If he WERE a were, wouldn't he have hairy arms and hands into paws/claws, etc? Maybe being a long-haired woodchopper is an indication of werewolfism?

Last edited by drakul; 29-04-2010 at 06:58 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankers View Post
I'm in category 3.

The woodchopper is a good find. It may be real, but I am not 100% convinced. The awkward thing is that I am not sure what type of evidence would convince me.

Even if the woodchopper footage is not of metamorphosis, it's still very creative to find the image in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakul View Post
I'm sorry but after watching that person expertly slice 99 logs into perfect halves, I still can't find the wolf face in his hair or anywhere else. If he WERE a were, wouldn't he have hairy arms and hands into paws/claws, etc? Maybe being a long-haired woodchopper is an indication of werewolfism?
These seem to be perfectly normal responses to the footage, hence this thread.

Bear with it, I've got some interesting material to come.
Old 29-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
cultofexperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakul View Post
I'm not sure we can use movies and fiction for our guideline as to how a lychanthrope might transform.

Especially if there is only a visual change instead of actually changing into a canine. It would be like losing the signal for just a second because the person is under stress of some kind.

I've had two separate experiences in my life when someone could not see me when I was standing in front of them. Both times the person behind me could still see me but the person in front could not - maybe 2 feet apart. Long story, but these experiences made me think that there can be some kind of phenomena that occurs to make us NOT see something. I don't understand it, but I am open to examining the possibility.

I still want to know, how can we tell if our brain is in the FILTERING process? Are there clues to watch for? It seems like if I stare at something until it looks like something else I may very well be programming my own perception?

Looking forward to more info.
Old 29-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #14
don coyote

So, THIS is my nose,..... right?

Old 30-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #15
don coyote

I tend to believe that your sense of scale might be a bit small. If this is my nose, then I feel that my head is unproportionate to the size of the rest of my body.

Unless I'm not seeing this the same way that you are.

Was I wrong about my nose in the above pic?

Old 30-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #16
scaredycat

The only strange I see with the video is why is he splitting such a skinny piece of wood? That and the Mike still has a such a 70's hair do...

I see his hair making the 'nose' you see and possibly his safety glasses adding to it.
Old 30-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #17
don coyote

I don't have a 70's hairdo,.....

..... the seventies stole MY hairdo!!!

But I got it back,.... and I'll never give it up, ever again!!!

Old 30-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #18
cultofexperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredycat View Post
The only strange I see with the video is why is he splitting such a skinny piece of wood? That and the Mike still has a such a 70's hair do...

I see his hair making the 'nose' you see and possibly his safety glasses adding to it.

And can we go back to referring to it as a She-Male? Technically Mike hasn't provided proof of that either.
Old 30-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #19
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by don coyote View Post
I tend to believe that your sense of scale might be a bit small. If this is my nose, then I feel that my head is unproportionate to the size of the rest of my body.

Unless I'm not seeing this the same way that you are.

Was I wrong about my nose in the above pic?

You'd have to provide evidence that you're the person in this footage or rephrase your questions to remove the references to 'my' before they'd make any sense and could be addressed seriously.
Old 30-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #20
size_of_light

Quote:

So that leaves:

Surely somebody in one of those categories would have also seen what I see and have agreed with me by now, if there's anything to what I'm saying, right?

Not necessarily. There could still be psychological filters in place.

For instance, being open-minded to the possibility of extraterrestrial abduction, or believing that rape happens doesn't automatically mean that you're ready or want to experience either of those events. During and after, the mind seems capable of blocking, burying or filtering out all sorts of traumatic, shocking or just plain inconvenient experiences in ways that we're not consciously aware of in order to protect us from what we perceive to be painful.

On the Gable Film threads I 've noticed a tendency that suggests this happens quite a lot when it comes to the footage in question.

People are more than ready to acknowledge the posibility or speculate or even claim that dogmen or werewolves or shapeshifters or all sorts of other bizarre monsters exist, and even enjoy reading eyewitness reports of such encounters...

...yet the idea that anything like that could ever be caught on film causes endless doubts at best, and meets with ridicule, irrational skepticism, deliberate distortion/evasion of facts, or outright hostility at worst.

Last edited by size_of_light; 30-04-2010 at 02:48 PM.